• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
People expecting an online direct will be disappointed. Nintendo has been rather silent thus far and will probably just drop it with some online blurbs.
Except this is exactly their issue. Many people are against buying it until we hear details. Plus, for the past 2 years there has been a standard direct at this point anyway.

IronTed

Smash Ace
Except this is exactly their issue. Many people are against buying it until we hear details. Plus, for the past 2 years there has been a standard direct at this point anyway.
A standard direct would ignore the online, as has like every direct thus far. Sure forummers will complain, but given how cheap it is, and that it will effectively replace VC, most people who "need" it will buy it. Paying for online is now the standard unfortunately.

And I hope I'm wrong, but online has been the worst aspect of Nintendo's handling of the Switch thus far, and I do not expect a change anytime soon.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
So here's a little game.

Disregard how likely you think the characters are.

Tell us how interested or satisfied you'd be with the character if included.

Incineroar
Ken
Isabelle
Geno
Isaac
Monster Hunter
Lloyd Irving
Dixie Kong
Impa
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Bandana Waddle Dee
Ninten
Diskun
Raiden
Big Boss
Shadow
Elma
Rex and Pyra
Jeanne
Spring Man
Wonder Red
I guess I could write a short reasoning on my view, opinion and interest for your list of characters, as I find this quite interesting.

Incineroar; Pre-Speculation; SERIOUSLY? Even Poplio is better ... Post start of speculation; Ok, I guess he is cool. Still like Decidueye better, but this black and red cat will do.

Ken Masters; Man, I really like Street Figher, but I love Super Smash. Ken? Go home and be a family man, stay out of this. (Really don't want him)

Isabelle; Like in New Leaf. She is there. I like her, and think she is cute, and I like her, but I don't "need" her. However I think she is an outstanding character in her own series, and she has crossed over well into Mario Kart. As a pacifist, most people might have a hard time imagining beating her up, but that's not because she is a pacifist (as Villager), but because she is a dog! Oh, wait, no, sorry (Duck Hunt), it's because she is their wifu. Of course that was more of a joke, but as said, I'd be fine with her. Not part of my most wanted, but I like her a lot as a design.

Geno; *plays Forest Maze*, ah, Geno. You have been a mystery to me, ever since Brawl. As a love for mysteries, I place my detective skills to good use, and fell in love with your magic. I hope to see you in this game, lost wooden doll.

Isaac; The cult dedication since Brawl from fellow supporters have made me join in the vein of "Cultural Bandwagon" since Sm4sh. I know how it's like being a fan of a dead series. Therefore, I'd be incredible happy for Isaac, also, if he gets in, I will give him plenty of attention!

Monster Hunter; Not the biggest fan of characters that only use "avatar" characters. As a huge fan of Capcom VS series, I've never found any significant remarks outside of the giant monsters in this series. A hunter to me will be too basic. Slap on some name, and give him the Robin treatment and I'll say maybe, but for now, the mentioning of Monster Hunter leaves me with a "ugh" kind of feel. (As you can see, I've never tried the series, and it appeals to me as much as Skyrim, aka nada. Still, I must praise the two series for their ambitions, and what good they do, they just do not appeal to me.)

Lloyd Irving; My only recollection of this character was in my youth trying a horrible game called Smash Flash "1". Then he reappeared in the sequal which was fantastic. Therefore, I have an iffy feel to him. I think the concept of the character is pretty interesting with dual elemential swords, but then again, he is a challenger that must face Heihachi, which is not just another Namco character, but one of my favourite fighters in all of fighting games. So ... I'd be interested with his eventual moveset, but coming without Heihachi would suck.

Dixie Kong; While you were a banana peel to my biggest want for years (K. Rool), I never disliked you, in fact, I liked you very much, and therefore always on my wanted list, but under, because of K. Rool. Now that my life-long journey has come to an accomplishment, I need a new mission in life. Donkey Kong will forever not feel finish until Dixie is part of the game. Therefore, she would just bring more joy, and peace of mind to the roster.

Impa; Being a Skull Kid supporter since Brawl, any other Zelda character were competition, and I knew Zelda had a lot of big names coming Sm4sh. Impa, Midna, Girahim, Skull Kid and Tingle. Not to mention all the toon variations. I was against Impa in the view of her not being Skull Kid. I had to choose only one, or so I've felt back then. Some years later, a little Chimp with name Diddy came around, and pushed her name down every throat, but for good reason! After watching more on the lore of Zelda, Impa, Skull Kid and Tingle are the 3 whose lacking! For different reasons, yet again. Impa is the perfect echo from Zelda. (I'd be ok with Hilda too, but come on, Impa first)

Skull Kid; Already mentioned a bit about him in the last entry, but let's dvelve deeper into why! (not that most you even care, but let's pretend that you do). *Puts on Majora's theme*. My first Zelda game presented to me was Ocarina of Time, and a friend of mine used to play it, and it scared me ... Therefore, I felt of not touching the series again, but ... then, the even scarier Majora's Mask came to my attention! And I loved it ... The collectathon, the sidequest, in depth story, feeling of the world going to hell, and limited of time! Music that was out of this world, and a cast that was great. Skull Kid stood out to me as a piece of art and a great concept for a character at that. Because of his AT appearence in Wii U / 3DS my feelings for his inclusions went a bit down hill, until ... He survived, not just once, but twice the AT massacre, and a lot pointed back to my favourite Zelda character actually having a bigger shot again! My joy skyrocketed to the Moo-- wait, no, high, but not that Moon. (As you can see, I'd be very satisfied).

Black Shadow; Oh Boy! *Black Shadow theme in the back* Alright. F-Zero was one of the first series I owned by purchasing it for my own money. A lot of options, fast phase races, and the fun of crushing your opponents out of the competition. Samurai Goroh became my favourite pilot, and want for Smash, but you see were that got me. I still crave blo--, still crave a new F-Zero character to join Smash, and with the whole villain theme, and echo love, Black Shadow, a character I've had at my wants since Brawl has come back to my attention! I'd be thrilled to Mute City and back! Seriously, people don't know how much another F-Zero representative would do to my soul. I honestly don't come across many people who loves F-Zero more than Mario or Zelda. (ALSO Trivia Time. For keen listeners of the amazing F-Zero GX Album, have you noticed the similarities of Black Shadow's theme and Blood Falcon? I find that interesting! and yes. I do in fact listen to said song when I write it on here!)

Bandana Waddle Dee; If Dixie is the key to make the DKC series feel complete, BWD is the same for Kirby, and I've felt that. And after playing his interpetation in Smash Flash 2, I've come aboard with the idea that not only will he round up, but he would be unique and fun amongst the cast. While for my attention he has a lot of obsticles, I like to give him the last pass, or at least often to always place him in my want list if I have the chance. (Example, if writing top 10, sorry BWD, top 20? Oh Yes. That's because I love Nintendo, and diversity.)

Ninten; Alright ... I'm not going to say, he looks just like Ness, he should be a costume or anything. No. I'm just going to state that; "Why do people who say F-Zero is dead, don't ask for anything from there still ask for Ninten as a bloody echo?". If Ninten comes, and I don't have a second F-Zero before that, I'm going to be irritated as hell. Earthbound is even more dead than F-Zero, still they could have 3, but F-Zero only 1? Outside of this little rational rant, I'd be fine with Ninten, Porky, Masked Man, Kumatora, Poo, Jeff, Paula, Mr. Saturn, Flint, Duester, Flying Man, Giygas or anyone else, if a second F-Zero character could be met. (Yes, I like Earthbound. Ness is my Smash Main.)

Well ... From here on out, the long notes will become shorter. This is because, they either don't excite me, that I don't have any fondness of them, or have actually never seen them (outside of Smash speculation).

Diskun; The Yellow Famicom Disc Mascot, right? For exactly that purpose he does hold history, and he would be just as exciting as Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B and Duck Hunt. I'm in favor for it, but only for that reason tho. On my wanted list? No.

Raiden; TEST YOUR MIG-- oh wait ... Sorry. "Metal Gear" Raiden. Uhm ... He was cool in PlayStation All-Star Royale Rumble? (That's a mouth piece!). Honestly. I rather want Elma from Xenonblade as the new badass sword tech character. I have little to none experience with the MG franchise, and I believe he was an annoying character in the first games, and then got redemption? I might be way off, but that's how much I care.

Big Boss; The Real Snake? Or is that a spoiler, or outright wrong? I know that Solid Snake is a copy/clone, and Big Boss looks hella lot like him, with an eye missing or something. Well ... I remember the backlash Dark Pit got, and I feel this will be another one of those scenarios. I'd say no. Costume or no.

Shadow; I sort of like Shadow, and I sort of despise him. My favourite game was Sonic Adventrue 2. Here, he was cool. Then comes his own game, and the character goes downhill from there. The only other time I've used him is spin-off games like SASAR. I was not a huge fan of him blowing up after the echo theme and AT massacre survival. I do however, accept him on terms that he was actually quite requested pre-Smash Ultimate. Which Ken Masters and Ms. Pac was not. Therefore, he get's the pass.

Elma; I don't know squat about Xenoblade. Not 1, Not X and certainly not 2. Therefore I will not judge them. I feel like their Nintendo's Final Fantasy, and the latter does not appeal to me. Elma however took me a while to pull my theets into. After the rumour of Sakurai's toy pleasure, and the badass mech concept I've heard of, Elma took a turn into a positive meaning of how I'm open for it, with an open mind.

Rex and Pyra; Baby Shulk, and his Sword Babe. Uhm. DLC 100%. I would love to see them. I think Rex colour scheme and concept looks good, except his face which makes him look like a baby face. Pyra is inviting on many levels, I guess. Xenoblade does make their swords extraordinary. Did Final Fantasy ever do that? (just curious).

Jeanne; Oh ... Uhm ... After hard consideration on how I like and appreciate Bayonetta, and how she was the last unique character and how it would be with her recieaving an ech-- no. Just no.

Spring Man; I do like Ribbon Girl better, but I do like the quirky colour scheme of Spring Man as well. Those are the two A.R.M.S characters I'd be open for, but I expect them as DLC.

Wonder Red; I think it's pretty obvious and cool that Wonder Red seems to be Nintendo's answer to Capcom's Viewtiful Joe! Unfortunately, I don't actually like Viewtiful Joe. Now when that's said, that's because VJoe would fit better in a game like Smash than in the Capcom VS series. Therefore, I'd be open for Wonder Red.

D

Deleted member

How many people are planning on stacking echoes and how many are planning and having them separated? I’m definitely having them separate because they each feel like their own character and I want to make the roster look as big as possible.
Separated for me. I might consider stacking them if we get enough DLC to make the screen feel too cluttered, though.

I'm kinda worried about the SSS, though. All the icons for the stages looks so tiny, I'm worried I'll have to squint when trying to select one in handheld mode, ha ha.

I've got music on the brain again today, so let's bring this fun topic back up: After seeing what we currently have for music in the game, what are you hoping makes it in as a remix or just straight up music port? Here's five for each of those categories for me:

This track is soooooo good! It's probably one of my most favorite Zelda tunes. A remix sounding something like this would be great for Smash, especially for sudden death matches or intense tourney finals.

If Skull Kid gets in, I would want a remix of this to be his trailer theme. Imagine this playing with Skull Kid's Final Smash being the mask turning into Majora's Wrath; it'd be insane!

This theme. THIS THEME. Oh man, it's so good. A good Smash remix of this would be a very, VERY high contender for me for best Smash song. Odyssee isn't even a year old yet and the music makes me tear up with nostalgia.

This song is already near perfect to me, lol. However, if they were able to remix it and get the Ebb & Flow part to sound as good as the concert version? I'd be in Nintendo music heaven, lol.

This is probably the number one song I want remixed on this list. With Dark Samus in the game, I can't imagine a more epic scenario than her and Samus duking it out to an epic remix of this theme.

Do I really need to say it? This remix is gold. If this were on Brinstar Depths, I'd have a hard time NOT wanting to make it the only song that played.

A classic remixed in a wonderful way. I absolutely adore the idea of doing 4-player Smash matches with DK, Diddy, Dixie, and K. Rool to this song.

I know we have the original already, and that one is pretty good, but this song was just the Splatoon team taking perfection and somehow improving it. Again, I'd have a hard time not wanting this to be the only thing that played on the stage it's on, lol.

Probably my favorite Kirby boss theme right now. It's so frantic and all over the place; perfect for an 8-player Smash round!

Probably the best single-player campaign song from Splatoon 2 that doesn't come from Octo Expansion. It's just so chill, I'd love to have it for training mode or casual matches.

EDIT: Some of the video links didn't work, should be fixed now!

Last edited by a moderator:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
A standard direct would ignore the online, as has like every direct thus far. Sure forummers will complain, but given how cheap it is, and that it will effectively replace VC, most people who "need" it will buy it. Paying for online is now the standard unfortunately.

And I hope I'm wrong, but online has been the worst aspect of Nintendo's handling of the Switch thus far, and I do not expect a change anytime soon.
My thing I don't think it will be entirely focused on online. Perhaps the beginning will explain it, but it takes no more than 5-10 minutes to describe functionality.

Why I personally think a direct is coming is the fact that Nintendo has next to none first party games apart from Smash coming out this year. Now at this point it's likely too late, but what would be smart is to start showing the games you will be releasing next year at least. Some first party announcements and Smash can't be the only thing happening in the next 6 months. It's not enough

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
How would you guys feel about an “instant replay” kind of feature that can be accessed from the start menu? It could be controlled with more or less the same camera buttons, and would allow you to rewind and watch a portion of the match in PIP or full screen.

If something like twitch integration ever happened (keep dreaming) you could have a function for casters to “join” the match and take full control of the feature - but most of the implications of this feature would probably be found in offline play/in between sets, so as not to disrupt the rhythm of the eSports event, or for easier clipping of intense plays for later viewing.

D

Deleted member

I should start ignoring anyone who posts loz stuff. The thread should be deserted by the time a direct happens :4pacman:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
There was a problem fetching the tweet

It worked! Thanks!
A sun, eh? I could go with the obvious and say a sun = Golden Sun, therefore Isaac.

But I'm feeling zesty today. A sun is a star and there are also clouds in that picture. Therefore Geno (because he's all about stars) and Mallow (cloud child) are both in. Let's bring that Geno and Mallow tag team "leak" back. :p

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
In loz's leaked chat logs, he pretty much implied all the GS stuff is trolling. So I'd disregard all of it.
Dude Flip-flops like a fish out of water so I wasn't planning on paying him any mind anytime soon.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
So here's a little game.

Incineroar
Ken
Isabelle
Geno
Isaac
Monster Hunter
Lloyd Irving
Dixie Kong
Impa
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Bandana Waddle Dee
Ninten
Diskun
Raiden
Big Boss
Shadow
Elma
Rex and Pyra
Jeanne
Spring Man
Wonder Red
Incineroar - I'd be swayed by his playstyle. Personally, he's my least favorite alola starter, and I'd much rather prefer a Pokemon Trainer type character for Gen VII, but I still think he'd be fun to mess around with.
Ken - I mean. He's Bara-Bait if that's anything? No real opinion.
Isabelle - I love this funky little dog! I'd be ecstatic if Dog Leslie Knope ended up in smash, and things are lookin real good for her.
Geno - He looks genuinely very cool, and I think he'd have a very interesting playstyle. Never playes SMRPG tho
Isaac - Yaoi bait. Moving on.
Monster Hunter - I have no idea how this would play, or what they'd even look like tbh. I don't think it's too likely either, because who in their right mind would show Rathalos BEFORE a character if it was to be revealed.
Lloyd Irving - UhhhhhHHHHH,, IDK. Is he even Yaoi bait at this point?
Dixie Kong - Queen! I love this funky little lesbian and I think she'd be a blast to have around. Also I'd love to see her be top-tier.
Impa - YES. Goddess! Another FUNKY LITTLE LESBIAN. I think I'd enjoy playing her and her design is just so good.
Skull Kid - I'm not too swayed either way on this kid. I think he's be really fun to play and his design is really interesting.
Black Shadow - I mean. I think F-Zero deserves it. Poor series.
Bandana Waddle Dee - OH MY GOD PLEASE. I'd do anything to get this good boy in smash.
Ninten - Ness but different (again). I think there's better choices for Mother, personally
Diskun - I don't,,, what?
Raiden - Ehhhhh,, I've never been a fan of Mortal Kombat. Street Fighter is infinitely more interesting to me.
Big Boss - I know there'd be a lot of Metal Gear fans happy, and when Metal Gear fans are Happy, I'm happy (this one's for you Allegra Frank)
Shadow - I think he'd be hilarious to have around and I'd love the memes sparked from it.
Elma - I want her ONLY so we don't get Rex and Pyra. Her design is inifitely better, and I know nothing about her. It's always good to have more strong female characters though.
Rex and Pyra - WHO ARE THESE FREAKS?? They seem more like sex roleplayers then actual swordsmen. Like, you can tell these guys were designed by a hentai artist. I am SO NOT about this
Jeanne - I want her to beat me up
Spring Man - BOOOOORING ARMS choice. The arms cast is so interesting and diverse and this guy bores the hell out of me. He's not even hot. Like, where's his jaw?
Wonder Red - I've got a friend ho stans Wonder Red, so I'd be happy for him.

Man, who even ARE my most wanted at this point? So many of my "most wanteds" have been confirmed!

Rayman
Elma
Karate Joe
Erdrick
Spring Man
Tails
Ryu Hayabusa
Geno
Banjo-Kazooie
Isaac
My most wanted (in order from greatest to less great but still would stoke me out):
- Bandana Waddle Dee: My boy. My dear sweet boy whom I love dearly as both a son and a god. I've wanted him F O R E V E R. (Okay since RtDL). I love Waddle Dees and I was obsessed with the funky little guys since I played my first Kirby games on the DS. Seeing this boy in smash would absolutely make this the ultimate game for me.
- Urbosa - PLEASE.
- Twintelle - Okay. I love this woman. Who doesn't love hair-Beyonce? I've never played ARMS, but Twintelle is one of the best designs I've seen in a video game. Ever. Like I think she's a hilarious concept with flawless execution. And I think her playstyle would be the most interesting out of the ARMS fighters due to her effectively having two sets of hands.
- Isabelle - I remember being on the internet when New Leaf was being released and seeing this girl EVERYWHERE. And she's still Everywhere! The Animal Crossing team really struck gold with this character. She's relatable, cute, and a silly little dog! She also reminds me of parks and rec, which is my favorite show of all time.
- Impa - I'll be the first to admit I haven't played a lot of Zelda. I've played through ALBW and BotW. And that's it. And well, in both of those Impa was some old *****. But the cool Impa! The Sheikah Warrior who raised Zelda and still kicks ass? I love her! She's powerful as hell and I think she'd be a perfect fit for smash.
- An Undertale Rep (Not Sans) - I love Undertale. I don't think Undertale will be in Smash. But I think the Undertale cast is so interesting and diverse and would bring so much to Smash Bros. And Sans is there too. But seriously, Undyne, Papyrus, Mettaton, Asgore, Frisk, hell even Flowey would be so interesting and be such good choises. And oh yeah. Sans is there too.
- Sidon - If everyone and their mother can ask for their stupid anime waifu in the game, am I in the wrong for wanting my fish boyfriend? Maybe. (Zora Domain Map please Sakurai)
- Dixie - She's neat. Love this little blonde *****! Can we get Bubblegum ***** by Marina as her Character theme? That'd be cool.
- Off the Hook! - SPEAKING OF MARINA. Let's get these amazing Lesbians in here! This funky fresh music duo genuinely cracks me up every time they're on screen. Also their designs are perfect and anyone who dislikes Pearl can fight me.

IronTed

Smash Ace
My thing I don't think it will be entirely focused on online. Perhaps the beginning will explain it, but it takes no more than 5-10 minutes to describe functionality.

Why I personally think a direct is coming is the fact that Nintendo has next to none first party games apart from Smash coming out this year. Now at this point it's likely too late, but what would be smart is to start showing the games you will be releasing next year at least. Some first party announcements and Smash can't be the only thing happening in the next 6 months. It's not enough
I still disagree, at most they'll mention it for like 20 seconds, given the precedence. They've already ignored it for over a year and a half, a few more weeks isn't much more.

And sure, I'm not denying a September/October direct, indeed I support that idea. Like last year they'll have a couple third party games for Q4, then talk more about Yoshi, FE, etc, and reveal either a part or most of the Q1 2019 lineup. That seems to be the conventional wisdom as it stands right now at least.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
This is why we need Elma. I haven't even played XCX but I blast my speakers out with this when I'm driving appreciate a good jam.

Chrono.

So here's a little game.

Incineroar
Ken
Isabelle
Geno
Isaac
Monster Hunter
Lloyd Irving
Dixie Kong
Impa
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Bandana Waddle Dee
Ninten
Diskun
Raiden
Big Boss
Shadow
Elma
Rex and Pyra
Jeanne
Spring Man
Wonder Red
Incineroar - One of my most wanted, so I'd be pretty happy
Ken - Also one of my most wanted, I still hope he gets his crazy legs
Isabelle - Neat
Geno - Neat
Isaac - Neat. Really want to play Golden Sun, also
Monster Hunter - Eh, I think I'm fine with just boss Rathalos
Lloyd Irving - He'd be awesome. I love Tales and Lloyd would stand out pretty well.
Dixie Kong - I like her
Impa - Neat
Skull Kid - One of my most wanted. Would be really interesting to see what they cook up with him since he never really fights and instead takes the role of a trickster.
Black Shadow - Eh. He'd be a low effort clone but he'd still be the 2nd Falcon clone and I'm not exactly craving F-Zero representation. I think we're good with just Falcon.
Bandana Dee - Neat. But would prefer Magolor or Marx.
Ninten - Neat. He'd complete the trio which would be more than enough for me.
Diskun - What.
Raiden - Awesome. Although if he were just a clone of Snake, it'd be disappointing.
Big Boss - Neat
Shadow - Pretty cool. Would still prefer Tails but Shadow is solid.
Elma - Hell yeah. Not much to say, love the character and the game she's from.
Rex - Also would love to see him in.
Jeanne - Neat
Spring Man - Neeeeeeeat
Wonder Red - Alright

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This is why we need Elma. I haven't even played XCX but I blast my speakers out with this when I'm driving appreciate a good jam.
I modded a lot of X music into my Smash 4 and set Uncontrollable to play most often sooo yee

I need Uncontrollable to play in her trailer pls

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Potato_

Smash Lord
I can’t believe we’ve reached a point where we’re posting leaks on Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uewh58lj2di3g87/VID_20180903_125714_001.mp4?dl=0

It’s an effort, but it’s by no means real. Shadow’s movement is extremely choppy and he looks more like a clay figure, and the use of a flat character like Game and Watch raises an eyebrow.

Oh my god I never realized how cool a Radical Highway stage would be.

Anyways I'm pretty sure this is fake. Not only is Shadow's movement stiff but they aren't doing any actions at all. If you've gotten this much proof already (and supposedly gotten out of Nintendo's grasp) why not show the characters fighting and remove all doubt?

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
At the very least, I'm certain XCX will get some music. If the Wii Shop Channel theme could get a remix in Smash 4, I'm positive at least Uncontrollable will make it in.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Oh yeah for those who are on mobile or have trouble loading the video, have a screenshot provided by yours’ truly:
6BC89BF9-7E0A-4611-B97D-A4DAFB09B3CB.jpeg

Chrono.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I was thinking other day about how this Smash have the chance of properly represent every major Nintendo franchise.
We talk a lot about representation but how do you feel each series is currently represented and what is lacking ?
That's my opinion:
  • :ultmario: (9/10): I think the only aspect that I feel lacking is about the RPG games. Inserting Paper Mario or Geno would let it perfect.
  • :ultdk: (8/10) : Dixie is the unique character that I feel should be added from Donkey Kong. I love Dk, is my favorite Nintendo series, but with Dk, Diddy, Dixie and K.Rool it's done. Everything else can be assist trophy/stage element/etc.
  • :ultlink:(10/10): Personally don't see Zelda going anywhere from Link/Zelda/Ganon. I think having Toon Link and Young Link is good (not perfect, but good enough) to represent different games of TLoZ. I can see Impa, the champions of even Tingle, but don't think they are that valuable to the franchise. Smash4 did a great job adding more Zelda items.
  • :ultpikachu:(10/10): Pokemon it's also perfect IMO. It's possible to represent better the franchise if "Everyone is here" was not a thing. Since it is, it's ok the way it ended up.
  • :ultsamus: (10/10): I think it's perfect.
  • :ultfox:(10/10): I think Slippy and Peppy should appear as a cameo into some stage, but they probably will. Fox/Falco/Wolf is everything we need and it's cool tha Krystal and Andross appears as assist trophies.
  • :ultkirby: (9/10): There's space for more Kirby content but I don't personally think it must be a newcomer. I know it probably hurts some fans, but I think Bandana Waddle Dee would be better as a assist. I also want to see anything from Epic Yarn and new bosses.
  • :ultmarth: (8/10): I think Fire Emblem is overepresented and bad represented at the same time. Smash4 added a lot of Awakening/Fates era, but it still lacks good content overall. Roy/Lucina/Marth/Chrom are very similar, and every single character holds a sword. I'm sure this is completely unpopular but I want Anna or Sharena reping Fire Emblem Heroes. FEH is the most sucessful Nintendo mobile game after all. There's a lot of games and characters from Fire Emblem that could appear at some form, the way it is now is purely 3DS FE + Ike.
  • :ultvillager: (9/10): Just want a new echo fighter and Mr.Resetti as a AT again. It's great already.
  • :ultlittlemac:/:ultpit:/:ultness: (9/10): I would like to see new AT/bosses from this series.
  • :ultfalcon:/:ulticeclimbers:/:ultinkling:/:ultolimar:(10/10): I don't think there's much more to milk from this. (Still want a new F-Zero game).
  • :ultmiifighters: (8/10): I don't like Mii fighters. I really dislike them. That said, it's weird there's no fourth Mii archtype, it always felt a bit lacking to me. I don't like them as a concept into Smash, but I think a lot can be done with "Wii" series, among stages, items, music. etc.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
What

What would Chaos Soda taste like

Chaos is a water monster, so would it just be carbonated water?
How do we know that it's talking about a soda made from Chaos?

It could always be a can of soda infused with the physical embodiment of the concept of chaos itself.

StormC

Smash Hero
Remember when Spring-Man and Decidueye, two brand new characters, were on screen and all that happened was Spring-Man used his b-air?

At least Shadow is on model this time.

Last edited:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
How do we know that it's talking about a soda made from Chaos?

It could always be a can of soda infused with the physical embodiment of the concept of chaos itself.
Chaotic Neutral Soda would be my preferred beverage.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
What

What would Chaos Soda taste like

Chaos is a water monster, so would it just be carbonated water?

EDIT: Also, in the video, that Shadow is incredibly choppy.
The real twist is that it doesn’t taste like Chaos, it tastes like Chao-s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom