• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't think they'd completely change a character's entire look just because of an echo, or else we'd be seeing Samus based on her appearance from Prime. I think they just changed Zelda's appearance because her aLttP design better matched her sparkly moveset.
Ugh, your comment just made me want Samus to have her Prime design.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I don't think they'd completely change a character's entire look just because of an echo, or else we'd be seeing Samus based on her appearance from Prime. I think they just changed Zelda's appearance because her aLttP design better matched her sparkly moveset.
Sorry I meant "a" reason. Like daisy being Peach's echo, now Hilda can have the same body structure as Zelda if they made an echo with her

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I should start ignoring anyone who posts loz stuff. The thread should be deserted by the time a direct happens :4pacman:
Dude don't do that to me, he posted that thing on Twitter for the first time in days. I don't trust Loz either but I felt like I should share :laugh:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Un-preordered
Boycotting
Sending 1000 page essay to Nintendo of Japan.
Setting headquarters on fire and making Sakurai's son new head of Smash.
FE4 > FE7
facts

The_Killah29

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Switch FC
SW-6336-0165-8517
I got all my mains back when "Everyone is Here" was said. All the characters revealed afterward is just gravy at this point, IMO.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Confession: I actually really like Samus's Other M armor.

Please don't kill me.
FE4 > FE7
facts
Now we could fight about this, but how about instead we compromise on
All Other FEs > Revelations

Last edited:

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
if hilda's in the bar is so low that you might as well add Dr. Luigi just because he exists and could be an echo.

Give credit to characters like Isabelle, Shadow and Dixie, they at least have people who care about them

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
if hilda's in the bar is so low that you might as well add Dr. Luigi just because he exists and could be an echo.

Give credit to characters like Isabelle, Shadow and Dixie, they at least have people who care about them
there are people who care for hilda
even if it's 2 that's still people who care

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Bruh what are you on Hilda's cool and pretty well liked.
She also has an actual reason to be an Echo.
I don't even want her. I just understand why people do.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm hoping there's a direct inbound. I don't care much about the online service - I don't play online - but it's about time to get some news.

---

I was thinking other day about how this Smash have the chance of properly represent every major Nintendo franchise.
We talk a lot about representation but how do you feel each series is currently represented and what is lacking ?
That's my opinion:
  • :ultmario: (9/10): I think the only aspect that I feel lacking is about the RPG games. Inserting Paper Mario or Geno would let it perfect.
  • :ultdk: (8/10) : Dixie is the unique character that I feel should be added from Donkey Kong. I love Dk, is my favorite Nintendo series, but with Dk, Diddy, Dixie and K.Rool it's done. Everything else can be assist trophy/stage element/etc.
  • :ultlink:(10/10): Personally don't see Zelda going anywhere from Link/Zelda/Ganon. I think having Toon Link and Young Link is good (not perfect, but good enough) to represent different games of TLoZ. I can see Impa, the champions of even Tingle, but don't think they are that valuable to the franchise. Smash4 did a great job adding more Zelda items.
  • :ultpikachu:(10/10): Pokemon it's also perfect IMO. It's possible to represent better the franchise if "Everyone is here" was not a thing. Since it is, it's ok the way it ended up.
  • :ultsamus: (10/10): I think it's perfect.
  • :ultfox:(10/10): I think Slippy and Peppy should appear as a cameo into some stage, but they probably will. Fox/Falco/Wolf is everything we need and it's cool tha Krystal and Andross appears as assist trophies.
  • :ultkirby: (9/10): There's space for more Kirby content but I don't personally think it must be a newcomer. I know it probably hurts some fans, but I think Bandana Waddle Dee would be better as a assist. I also want to see anything from Epic Yarn and new bosses.
  • :ultmarth: (8/10): I think Fire Emblem is overepresented and bad represented at the same time. Smash4 added a lot of Awakening/Fates era, but it still lacks good content overall. Roy/Lucina/Marth/Chrom are very similar, and every single character holds a sword. I'm sure this is completely unpopular but I want Anna or Sharena reping Fire Emblem Heroes. FEH is the most sucessful Nintendo mobile game after all. There's a lot of games and characters from Fire Emblem that could appear at some form, the way it is now is purely 3DS FE + Ike.
  • :ultvillager: (9/10): Just want a new echo fighter and Mr.Resetti as a AT again. It's great already.
  • :ultlittlemac:/:ultpit:/:ultness: (9/10): I would like to see new AT/bosses from this series.
  • :ultfalcon:/:ulticeclimbers:/:ultinkling:/:ultolimar:(10/10): I don't think there's much more to milk from this. (Still want a new F-Zero game).
  • :ultmiifighters: (8/10): I don't like Mii fighters. I really dislike them. That said, it's weird there's no fourth Mii archtype, it always felt a bit lacking to me. I don't like them as a concept into Smash, but I think a lot can be done with "Wii" series, among stages, items, music. etc.
Interesting topic. Here's what I think...
:ultmario: 9/10 - well represented for everything but spin-offs. Kart and Party are huge game series bigger than most of the below by themselves, but don't have much for them outside of a stage or two. Could be fixed by giving Daisy some Party moves, or by just throwing in WAA.
:ultdk: 8/10 - K.Rool really helped this one along, but it's still lacking assists and items. Still, massive improvements so far from before. Dixie and a non-Jungle stage would make it perfect.
:ultlink: 4/10 - Considering Zelda is one of the few console sellers on the order of Mario, it's in shambles. Zelda's one of the few game series that Nintendo will try to base E3 presentations on a single game. There should undoubtedly be more characters, and they should be unique - Zelda hasn't gotten a unique moveset in 17 years. All it's gotten lately are items and assists, since evidently Zelda is the only franchise where a character only in one game is not good enough for playability. Ganondorf's also the only antagonistic character who didn't even bother to get his own victory - and in Sm4sh, Link and Tink even shared crowd chants! Could be addressed by adding at least one unique character like Skull Kid, promoting Midna, and offering the four champions as Assists (or even DLC playability). With all the current cloniness, this is the one series that adding echoes would hurt more than help.
:ultpikachu: 9/10 - With an entire library of summons to itself, Pokémon's in good shape. True, it could have more characters from newer generations, but there's a lot in their corner now. Granted, it's a bit lopsided towards Gen 1, but that makes sense as Gen 1 is undoubtedly the most recognizable generation. Could be made perfect by adding a newer Pokémon playable character and offering more Gen 2/3/5 as NPCs. I also wouldn't argue against an Arcanine Pokéball.
:ultsamus: 10/10 - With two new characters, Metroid's finally good.
:ultfox: 10/10 - After crashing and burning as much as it has, Star Fox doesn't really need more than it has in the game.
:ultkirby: 9/10 - Kirby did get to claim that the entirety of the SSE was just a Kirby series love letter. At this point, that was a while ago, but they've all gotten love since then as well in terms of moveset changes and the like. Still, they were one of the three franchises that could have a unique 'fight the enemies of X series' in Smash run. I know a lot of people want BDee, but even just re-adding the parasol item would get this where it needs to be if enemies are back.
:ultmarth: 10/10 - Fire Emblem has the most unbalanced representation, as it's horrifically over saturated with one-off swordsmen, but has barely any stages/items/assists/other movesets to balance it out. As I can't simultaneously give it 13/10 and 6/10, I'll stick with this, but it is not perfect at all. I'm not going to suggest removals, but we need more stages and assists (Azura) STAT.
:ultvillager: 8/10 - There's precious little that the AC series can offer Smash outside of Isabelle as an echo, and it's got what it needs. Put her in, and it's good.
:ultlittlemac: 10/10 - The franchise is dormant, and it's good where it is.
:ultpit: 12/10 - I think after Sm4sh, everyone's had enough of Kid Icarus. There are only three games in the sequence with a 20 year gap, and the last Sm4sh game was basically Kid Icarus Uprising: Nintendo edition. This should absolutely sit out this round.
:ultness: 10/10 - For a dead series of only three games, it's good. I'd like to see Porky's boss fight brought back, but it's good where it is.
:ultfalcon: 10/10 - Again, a dead series which isn't conducive to Smash movesets. It's good as is.
:ulticeclimbers: 10/10 - Another dead series, which is well represented as is.
:ultinkling: 9/10 - Splatoon was huge, so it may be nice to get some items for there as well. On the playable side, it's good for now, but if the Octolings keep up their importance, they'd make good alternates.
:ultolimar: 9/10 - Pikmin's one of those series that fly under the radar, but the protagonists are relatively interchangeable. I could see all of the captains being alts like the Koopalings, as the Pikmin are the central focus of the moveset. It doesn't need endless echoes for every captain, though.
:ultshulk: 8/10 - Xeno's still a bit new, but I can see it getting another character. Two newcomers would be overkill. Also, it should get some items as well.
:ultsonic: 6/10 - Considering that Sonic's the only third party to have stuck by since Brawl, and no other icon comes close to the recognizability of the Sonic/Mario rivalry, Sonic's due for more. He absolutely should get his #2 Tails, and a Shadow echo is also not out of the question.
:ultsnake::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultryu::ultbayonetta::ultsimon: 10/10 - The other third party franchises are well represented considering which they are. The ones without assists could definitely get them though.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone here familiar with the French video game website "Jeux Video"? Supposedly someone leaked richter, simon, stage morph on July 12th, and I'm not sure if that website is legitimate.

Claims Issac, Black Shadow, and Ken are in, and also leaked K. Rool and Chrom. No mention of Dark Samus though.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Bruh what are you on Hilda's cool and pretty well liked.
She also has an actual reason to be an Echo.
I don't even want her. I just understand why people do.
So, if she had the same model as Zelda, she would be taller than Link. Not sure I couldn't laugh at that possibility.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Is anyone here familiar with the French video game website "Jeux Video"? Supposedly someone leaked richter, simon, stage morph on July 12th, and I'm not sure if that website is legitimate.

Claims Issac, Black Shadow, and Ken are in, and also leaked K. Rool and Chrom. No mention of Dark Samus though.
WHOA WHOA WHOA BAAACK IT UP

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
:ultmarth: 10/10 - Fire Emblem has the most unbalanced representation, as it's horrifically over saturated with one-off swordsmen, but has barely any stages/items/assists/other movesets to balance it out. As I can't simultaneously give it 13/10 and 6/10, I'll stick with this, but it is not perfect at all. I'm not going to suggest removals, but we need more stages and assists (Azura) STAT.
Well :ultmarth::ultike: are really the only ones who are still playable for more than one game. It's less a one-off and more how the games work. I mean, Castlevania works in the same light, but the Belmonts usually show up in more than one game for the bigger bois.
Even if Seliph was in FE4, he wasn't playable in FE5.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

GIRL WHAT? Where's the proof?

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yeah Hilda is alright. Not my favorite character but I'd definitely appreciate her. And she's a rare example of a female Zelda villain, so she's got that going for her to.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Daily reminder that Shantae is cute.
Daily reminder that she's 16

I'm not sure if that's a legitimate website, I checked it out and it seems ok but unsure myself, I'm not a Frenchie but supposedly the guy got banned for it recently and someone bumped the topic today
Fam this is pretty big news can you try to get more info? That'd be awesome. Thank you

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

1490155315442.png

I seriously have no reason to why Black Shadow suddenly catapulted back into lukewarm popularity. It went from me ****posting about it and now people have him in lists.

Daily reminder that she's 16
Daily reminder that calling something cute doesn't mean you want to **** it.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

Don't play with my heart fam. Let's get confirmation

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What about K. Rool? How many bombs will he take?

And Viridified Yoshi...that’s one hell of a mental image
K Rool would be spared due to his kick*** theme song (as well as his singing talents)

And a Viroshi/Yoshidi is the perfect picture to mentally have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom