• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

I never got the true ending in Cave Story.

I remember watching videos on Youtube and noping the **** out.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The sheer number of lousy image leaks is getting extremely dizzying.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Where to even start.

You look like a Skylanders reject.

We already have a fire-breathing pokemon that people like.

If we really needed a grappler, we'd just get Zangief. He's way less silly looking.

*ahem*

Most wanted: Midna + Wolf Link
So you want a fourth Link and a repeat of Navi only this time it tries too hard to be cool?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Cave Story 3D was ****ing stellar. Game is a damn masterpiece.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
God, I hope not

Yeesh
You know those video game cartoons that come up every few years?

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures?
Mega Man [I don't care to remember the title]

This is one of them.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Was that a topic, or are you talking about the leaks group? I liked that.
The mods didn't though. In hindsight, everyone kinda agrees it was a bad idea.

Hence, why leak discussion is handled here. The reason that leak discussion has been so annoying is because
  1. There's an influx of bad photo leaks for some reason (we've had similar things happen in the past. Remember the puzzle leaks?)
  2. Ya'll are just posting whatever **** pops up on 4chan one after another. There needs to be some sort of consolidation, like what I did with my "leak" sessions. If someone wants to take those up again be my guest. I'd do them myself, but I don't have the time to do so right now.

Last edited:
Revenge has come :p

Mine is the easiest one yet.
Most Wanted: Steve (Minecraft)
(Yes, really.)
Too square, to be fair. What is he going to do now? Block me? :p

Like Batman, people care about him when he puts on the mask.
Unlike Batman, he's literally a block of wood underneath.
My most wanted: Sora (shoes are off-limits, too easy)
With so many disney characters around him he's not even a key character in his own game :p

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Where to even start.

You look like a Skylanders reject.

We already have a fire-breathing pokemon that people like.

If we really needed a grappler, we'd just get Zangief. He's way less silly looking.

*ahem*

Most wanted: Midna + Wolf Link
Please, take your Furry and Dominatrix fetishes elsewhere.
There are children watching.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Wolf Link would be entirely different to be fair.
He would, which is why I've wanted the character since before Brawl came out, but that is still technically four Links in the same game.

Now that I have Daisy, my Midna/Wolf Link idea is like the only thing I really crave. That and Rad Spencer, but like hell he's getting in.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
The mods didn't though. In hindsight, everyone kinda agrees it was a bad idea.

Hence, why leak discussion is handled here. The reason that leak discussion has been so annoying is because
  1. There's an influx of bad photo leaks for some reason (we've had similar things happen in the past. Remember the puzzle leaks?)
  2. Ya'll are just posting whatever **** pops up on 4chan one after another. There needs to be some sort of consolidation, like what I did with my "leak" sessions. If someone wants to take those up again be my guest. I'd do them myself, but I don't have the time to do so right now.
I don't really remember what was bad about it. Kept the leaks out of general discussion for those who didn't wish to see them, and people who didn't care about discussing the same 4 topics over and over again in the general thread could just look at the leak thread.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Nah man.
It's hard.

And BOY, DOES IT GET EVEN HARDER.
>Flashes back to Bloodstained Sanctuary
BALLOOOOOOS

Cave Story is just a lot of trial and error. Not even Bloodstained Sanctuary is that bad. I've beaten it twice, once when I was but a smol boi and again about a year or so ago. The mechanics are fair for the most part, and bosses have patterns that you can exploit to beat them. It's a good game like that.

You can also just do this to blow Ballos the **** out
Super Missiles OP

Last edited:

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Most Wanted: Incineroar
Oh great...another starter Pokemon! We already have, like, 4 of those! And they went with the most bland looking one! Decidueye is soo much cooler! And can we, like, keep bipedal fire and fighting theme Pokemon out of this game? Pokemon does it enough, let's not let it flood into our game!

Most wanted: Shantae (or alternatively Lusamine)

Edit: beaten ever so slightly to the punch

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have Cave story 3d but I never beat it

I Should play it again. It was fun

Chrono.

>Flashes back to Bloodstained Sanctuary
BALLOOOOOOS

Cave Story is a lot of trial and error. Not even Bloodstained Sanctuary is that bad. I've beaten it twice, once when I was but a smol boi and again about a year or so ago. The mechanics are fair for the most part, and bosses have patterns that you can exploit to beat them. It's a good game like that.
I'd say the whole Booster situation is definitely the only thing that's "unfair."

NessSaysOkay

Smash Apprentice
Oh great...another starter Pokemon! We already have, like, 4 of those! And they went with the most bland looking one! Decidueye is soo much cooler! And can we, like, keep bipedal fire and fighting theme Pokemon out of this game? Pokemon does it enough, let's not let it flood into our game!

Oh boy, more girls who pander to fanservice! Why can't we have someone more refined rather then eyecandy? Sigh, you guys!

Most wanted:Karate Joe

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Please do tell me how she's WAY more relevant than Shovel Knight and this "Quote" guy.
And how she actually has more moveset potential than most indies.
I'd love to hear it.
I never have before.
Ever.

Last edited:

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987

Anyways Incineroar and Phoenix Wright for smash.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Curious, if every third party got only one more unique rep (can include Konami despite Simon), who would you want it to be? You can include third parties not in yet (as well as deconfirmed characters).

Konami: Bomberman
Sega: Joker (Sorry Sonic series, but I'd like more series if I had to pick)
Capcom: Dante
Bandai Namco: Heihachi
Square Enix: Sora (I know it's technically Disney)
Microsoft: Banjo & Kazooie
Activision: Crash

Some companies I have a lot more difficult time coming up with possibilities than others. Also, apologies if I made any glaring errors, as I'm basing it off a list I made previously doing research.
Konami: Bomberman
Sega: Joker (as much I want to say Blaze the Cat)
Capcom: Amaterasu
Bandai Namco: Talim (Soul Calibur)
Square Enix: Sora
Microsoft: Banjo & Kazooie
Activision: Spyro
Hey, if we're talking indie reps. I'm going to hard-push Cave Story

QUOTE AND CURLY FOR SMASH, GUYS.
I wouldn't mind, as much as I want Shantae, Reimu or Quote in Smash would be great. Just hope Curly is either an alt or an echo.
Dude Chrono Cross was my **** in middle school, you have great taste. Screw the haters
I myself have never played any of them, I should fix that.
Guys, if we get a third non-Echo SEGA character, then this guy is the way to go:
View attachment 161266
He’s from the highest-selling JRPG of all time and one of the most popular Japanese gaming franchises as well, he just makes too much sense.

(Also Arle is an option but Ren wins out because he hasn’t global recognition)
Eh, I don't see it coming. XD

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'd say the whole Booster situation is definitely the only thing that's "unfair."
Yeah that's just straight up bull****. Especially making that jump. I miss that like 8 out of 10 times.
I don't really remember what was bad about it. Kept the leaks out of general discussion for those who didn't wish to see them, and people who didn't care about discussing the same 4 topics over and over again in the general thread could just look at the leak thread.
One word:
Elitism

Also people treated leaks worse than they do here. I seem to be the only one who remembers when a user cursed out the entire board when the ESRB leak was big because it didn't contain Wolf. At least here there are people who voice reason and people who are content with the roster and don't rabidly crave more.

I just wish that they hadn't straight up deleted it, or at least made it able to be accessed by users. Over half of my posts are missing because of that.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh boy, more girls who pander to fanservice! Why can't we have someone more refined rather then eyecandy? Sigh, you guys!

Karate who?
What? From "Ree-thum hea-vunn?"
What's a Rhythm Heaven?
Come back when you have a game and a character that matters.

Second Most Wanted: Isabelle

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yeah that's just straight up bull****. Especially making that jump. I miss that like 8 out of 10 times.

One word:
Elitism

Also people treated leaks worse than they do here. I seem to be the only one who remembers when a user cursed out the entire board when the ESRB leak was big because it didn't contain Wolf. At least here there are people who voice reason and people who are content with the roster and don't rabidly crave more.
I've heard stories about that Wolf fan...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I'd love getting Cave Story or Touhou in Smash solely for their music, to say nothing about how I like their games.
Gimmie some of that Running Hell and Hartmann's Youkai Girl.
Some Egg Corridor and Catastrophe in Bhava-Agra would be nice too.
Every since I used this username (over a year ago), I've had it pronounced "Zenith" and it just sorta stuck...
Whenever I see your name, I always forget about the second I, and end up pronouncing it "Zinth".

My username is pronounced "Blargg Eight Eight Eight"
I dunno how people pronounce it in their heads, but that's how I do it.
Incineroar is a Fire/Dark type.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Most wanted? Like you guys even deserve what you want with all you whining and bickering at each other about all your incontrovertible evidence pointing to why things are or aren’t....which none of you actually have or even understand due process. No character is worth anything other than money relative to it’s time and the projected sales of such an entity in the modern day. Guess who decides that? Way more people than you lot. “Oh but what about my incredibly conservative sample ballot of .08% of a small region.”

Isabelle is a part of a boring franchise for people who can’t build and garden for themselves in the real world making a real difference for their own homes.

Skull Kid is a piece of wood wearing a piece of wood and being a nuisance.

Bandana Waddle Dee is so unique that it’s yet another gum ball. That toothpick is really gonna help.

Banjo-Kazooie is an anthropomorphized bear(Winnie The Who)with a bird in it’s backpack who can’t even fly without paying a mole money to tell her how.

Geno is an ancient thing you guys only loved because you were too young to realize how cliche a Pinocchio story is...wishing upon a Star ring a bell? Watch that nose, liar. Remember when power rangers was good, too?

Medusa.....got off Sakurai’s nuts, please? She’s not even original. Literally millennia of stories about snake-headed *******.

Dixie Kong. Is actually cool. If you like to replace a red hat with blonde hair. Echo at best. Should literally be an alt.

Paper Mario would be a really cool reskin of Game and Watch.

Smash isn’t even a fighting game. It’s for kids to have fun in.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
All I'm saying is that I'm pretty sure Yu Narukami was the big Persona thing for Smash 4 and that the next Persona protag will be the "shoo-in" for Atlus rep in the next Smash. Hype cautiously.

Y'all really insulting my boy Jack Frost every day.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So you want a fourth Link and a repeat of Navi only this time it tries too hard to be cool?
Woah, Midna isn't even comparable then Navi because she has something that the fairy doesn't: a personality.

Oh, and when combined with Wolf Link, she's got a ton of moveset potential as well.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Most wanted? Like you guys even deserve what you want with all you whining and bickering at each other about all your incontrovertible evidence pointing to why things are or aren’t....which none of you actually have or even understand due process. No character is worth anything other than money relative to it’s time and the projected sales of such an entity in the modern day. Guess who decides that? Way more people than you lot. “Oh but what about my incredibly conservative sample ballot of .08% of a small region.”

Isabelle is a part of a boring franchise for people who can’t build and garden for themselves in the real world making a real difference for their own homes.

Skull Kid is a piece of wood wearing a piece of wood and being a nuisance.

Bandana Waddle Dee is so unique that it’s yet another gum ball. That toothpick is really gonna help.

Banjo-Kazooie is an anthropomorphized bear(Winnie The Who)with a bird in it’s backpack who can’t even fly without paying a mile money to tell her how.

Geno is an ancient thing you guys only loved because you were too young to realize how cliche a Pinocchio story is...wishing upon a Star ring a bell? Watch that nose, liar. Remember when power rangers was good, too?

Medusa.....got off Sakurai’s nuts, please? She’s not even original. Literally millennia of stories about snake-headed *******.

Dixie Kong. Is actually cool. If you like to replace a red hat with blonde hair. Echo at best. Should literally be an alt.

Paper Mario would be a really cool reskin of Game and Watch.

Smash isn’t even a fighting game. It’s for kids to have fun in.
It's incredibly strange to see Nethermoosen genuinely snap even if its just a roast. It feels like I'm having an out of body experience.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
All I'm saying is that I'm pretty sure Yu Narukami was the big Persona thing for Smash 4 and that the next Persona protag will be the "shoo-in" for Atlus rep in the next Smash. Hype cautiously.

Every single day, whenever possible.
SMT1 Protagonist punting Jack Frost.png

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

If we get an Atlus rep it's either going to be Jack Bros. or Joker. Of course I hope for Joker, but Jack Bros. is cool too.
I think I got this gif out of that.

View attachment 161286
I TOTALLY REMEMBER THAT THAT WAS THE BEST REACTION.

Last edited:

Heracr055

Smash Ace
I know Incineroar is Fire/Dark, but fighting is still a theme in his design (the dirty tactics earning his Dark typing). Also a tongue in cheek slight against those who think he's just another fire/fighting type

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
If we get an Atlus rep it's either going to be Jack Bros. or Joker. Of course I hope for Joker, but Jack Bros. is cool too.
And the Jack Bros. are quite a bit ahead of Joker. C'mon now.
And as I said...pretty sure that was said about Yu.

Don't get me wrong though, Joker is cool. Haru's the best.

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman

Keeping the chain going.

Karate Joe represents what a rhythm game where he shows up in a few. What is his moveset potential.. brawler or pulling from other minigames that could easily be represented as assist trophies?

Most wanted: Elma

Chrono.

Even if I do like Jack Frost, I'd take a Persona or SMT protag any day over him.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
It's incredibly strange to see Nethermoosen genuinely snap even if its just a roast. It feels like I'm having an out of body experience.
It feels strange I’ve been here less than a month and people recognize me at all. Lol.

Glad I come off as nice. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom