• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
My idea was Banjo is revealed by 6 months after release date. Just a careless gamble.
I legitimately think Banjo Kazooie will be DLC. As part of Phil Spencer's "get everyone to like the Xbox brand again" campaign, I can see him pushing to get Banjo in the game and working out some sort of deal with Nintendo to work him in post-launch. And Sakurai would jump at the chance to make a moveseat for a bear with a bird in his backpack.

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
And maybe unlike SFV she won't be garbage bottom tier.

[/salty Juri/Sakura/Ken main]
Heard SF5 had a universal nerf to Shoryukens all around, which seems to be making all the Shotos suffer there.
Except Akuma because he's just Akuma.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Most wanted? Like you guys even deserve what you want with all you whining and bickering at each other about all your incontrovertible evidence pointing to why things are or aren’t....which none of you actually have or even understand due process. No character is worth anything other than money relative to it’s time and the projected sales of such an entity in the modern day. Guess who decides that? Way more people than you lot. “Oh but what about my incredibly conservative sample ballot of .08% of a small region.”

Isabelle is a part of a boring franchise for people who can’t build and garden for themselves in the real world making a real difference for their own homes.

Skull Kid is a piece of wood wearing a piece of wood and being a nuisance.

Bandana Waddle Dee is so unique that it’s yet another gum ball. That toothpick is really gonna help.

Banjo-Kazooie is an anthropomorphized bear(Winnie The Who)with a bird in it’s backpack who can’t even fly without paying a mole money to tell her how.

Geno is an ancient thing you guys only loved because you were too young to realize how cliche a Pinocchio story is...wishing upon a Star ring a bell? Watch that nose, liar. Remember when power rangers was good, too?

Medusa.....got off Sakurai’s nuts, please? She’s not even original. Literally millennia of stories about snake-headed *******.

Dixie Kong. Is actually cool. If you like to replace a red hat with blonde hair. Echo at best. Should literally be an alt.

Paper Mario would be a really cool reskin of Game and Watch.

Smash isn’t even a fighting game. It’s for kids to have fun in.
The truth, it hurts.

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I legitimately think Banjo Kazooie will be DLC. As part of Phil Spencer's "get everyone to like the Xbox brand again" campaign, I can see him pushing to get Banjo in the game and working out some sort of deal with Nintendo to work him in post-launch. And Sakurai would jump at the chance to make a moveseat for a bear with a bird in his backpack.
The first DLC character is going to be a major third party. Maybe Isaac if he doesn't make the base roster or Rex & Pyra. I'm leaning more towards the former though, and my guesses are either Banjo & Kazooie or Sora.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Look guys, I love Jack Frost, he’s literally my favorite Persona period (I literally have a folder on my phone dedicated purely to Jack Frost memes), but I don’t think that he should be in over Joker, while Jack has been around for longer, Joker just has more coherent moveset potential and makes a lot of sense in terms of an Atlus character since he comes from the highest selling JRPG of all-time.

Like I love Jack more than anything, I’ve leveled him up and kept him longer than any other Persona on me besides Arsene, but I feel like if he was in Joker’s moveset it would be a good compromise because both sides would win in the end.

But that’s just my two cents on the whole matter, feel free to disagree.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Curious, if every third party got only one more unique rep (can include Konami despite Simon), who would you want it to be? You can include third parties not in yet (as well as deconfirmed characters).

Konami: Bomberman
Sega: Joker (Sorry Sonic series, but I'd like more series if I had to pick)
Capcom: Dante
Bandai Namco: Heihachi
Square Enix: Sora (I know it's technically Disney)
Microsoft: Banjo & Kazooie
Activision: Crash

Some companies I have a lot more difficult time coming up with possibilities than others. Also, apologies if I made any glaring errors, as I'm basing it off a list I made previously doing research.
Konami: The Contra dudes (iconic as heck and on of my top NES games)
Sega: Golden Axe Warrior dude (not a huge fan of the Sega games but I liked this game because it played like Zelda)
Capcom: Monster Hunter (only game I play other than the Zelda Capcom games)
Bandai Namco: Lloyd Irving (the tales of) or Augumon (Digimon (I loved Digimon world on the ps1))
Square Enix: Sora (my top wanted character)
Microsoft: Banjo and Kazooie (my second most wanted character)
Activision: what is this company??? (dont have a choice don't know their games well enough)

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I honestly see him as a base roster character, so if that's the case, you're safe
Hey. That’d be McDope.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
People were playing a game burning each other’s most wanted. That was my input.
Do you not pee in your own potatoe salad? Or at least TRY to make it taste better?
Normally the yellow in my potato salad comes from mustard, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Okay, I thought you were serious. That was probably one of the most overwhelmingly negative things I've ever read on this site. It was genuinely surprising.

I don't think anyone can top that.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Damn, she that bad?

I bought her with Fight Money when she came out but I haven't really played the game since.
She's definitely bottom tier by most accounts. Her V-Skill is one of the worst, her footsies aren't good and there are much better rushdown characters than her. She just has no real upside compared to the rest of the cast.

Heard SF5 had a universal nerf to Shoryukens all around, which seems to be making all the Shotos suffer there.
Except Akuma because he's just Akuma.
She was bad from the start, though. Since she was introduced, she's never been particularly great at anything. Which you can actually say for the whole season until Sagat and G.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Konami: The Contra dudes (iconic as heck and on of my top NES games)
Sega: Golden Axe Warrior dude (not a huge fan of the Sega games but I liked this game because it played like Zelda)
Capcom: Monster Hunter (only game I play other than the Zelda Capcom games)
Bandai Namco: Lloyd Irving (the tales of) or Augumon (Digimon (I loved Digimon world on the ps1))
Square Enix: Sora (my top wanted character)
Microsoft: Banjo and Kazooie (my second most wanted character)
Activision: what is this company??? (dont have a choice don't know their games well enough)
Golden Axe! Man. I played that at an arcade at a hotel in Florida when I was checking out Disney World with my dad at the age of 9. Never saw it in person again.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Look guys, I love Jack Frost, he’s literally my favorite Persona period (I literally have a folder on my phone dedicated purely to Jack Frost memes), but I don’t think that he should be in over Joker, while Jack has been around for longer, Joker just has more coherent moveset potential and makes a lot of sense in terms of an Atlus character since he comes from the highest selling JRPG of all-time.

Like I love Jack more than anything, I’ve leveled him up and kept him longer than any other Persona on me besides Arsene, but I feel like if he was in Joker’s moveset it would be a good compromise because both sides would win in the end.

But that’s just my two cents on the whole matter, feel free to disagree.
Hey Zilla, not saying I distrust you, but can you please cite the highest selling JRPG thing? Can't find that anywhere.

cothero

Smash Lord
Most wanted? Like you guys even deserve what you want with all you whining and bickering at each other about all your incontrovertible evidence pointing to why things are or aren’t....which none of you actually have or even understand due process. No character is worth anything other than money relative to it’s time and the projected sales of such an entity in the modern day. Guess who decides that? Way more people than you lot. “Oh but what about my incredibly conservative sample ballot of .08% of a small region.”

Isabelle is a part of a boring franchise for people who can’t build and garden for themselves in the real world making a real difference for their own homes.

Skull Kid is a piece of wood wearing a piece of wood and being a nuisance.

Bandana Waddle Dee is so unique that it’s yet another gum ball. That toothpick is really gonna help.

Banjo-Kazooie is an anthropomorphized bear(Winnie The Who)with a bird in it’s backpack who can’t even fly without paying a mole money to tell her how.

Geno is an ancient thing you guys only loved because you were too young to realize how cliche a Pinocchio story is...wishing upon a Star ring a bell? Watch that nose, liar. Remember when power rangers was good, too?

Medusa.....got off Sakurai’s nuts, please? She’s not even original. Literally millennia of stories about snake-headed *******.

Dixie Kong. Is actually cool. If you like to replace a red hat with blonde hair. Echo at best. Should literally be an alt.

Paper Mario would be a really cool reskin of Game and Watch.

Smash isn’t even a fighting game. It’s for kids to have fun in.
Excluding Dixie being an alt of Diddy and Paper Mario being a reskin of Mr. Game & Watch, i must say you got some good points there, my good sir.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Hey Zilla, not saying I distrust you, but can you please cite the highest selling JRPG thing? Can't find that anywhere.
By total sales, the first nes Final fantasy(assuming it counts as JRPG with all the pixelation) sold 135 million units as of 2017 according to Wikipedia. Pokémon sold 300 million(but I know that isn’t a JRPG, right?).
5F6A4314-9CF0-4B33-A1AB-0C373E11E096.png
[SPOILER/]

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Really? That yappy puppy who only speak gibberish? Learn to speak a language at least. Aw did I hurt her feelings? What she gonna do? Write a citation and ask me to say sorry? Puny pacifist. Is she even housebroken? I know someone who has a similar name, but better that would be better than Isabelle in Smash.
View attachment 161296
Isabella

Most wanted Amaterasu, this game is fun keep it going:)
First Duck Hunt, now this? I dunno who keeps letting all the stray dogs out...
Oh you're magic? You can fight Gods? Woopsy-doo join the club. I'd tell you to sit next to Ness but at least his game has has an active fan-base.
And don't bother with your "painting magic" or whatever, being decent at MS Paint doesn't count as a power.
Now get outta here before I have you spayed.
And take this...green thing I stepped on...

My third and final Most Wanted: Geno

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Konami: Bomberman
Sega: Aiai
Capcom: Phoenix Wright
Namco: Yuri Lowell
Square: Agnes
Blizzard: Wrecking Ball
Id Software: Doom Guy
Ubisoft: Rabbid Peach

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I could see this happening. Nintendo only really started to get along with Microsoft in 2016 when they teamed up and released the Mario mashup pack in Minecraft Wii U when unfortunately was after the roster was made. I think the rumoured Minecraft content by Verge may of been added to Smash Ultimate after they teamed up for that.

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro
Oh you're magic? You can fight Gods? Woopsy-doo join the club. I'd tell you to sit next to Ness but at least his game has has an active fan-base.
And don't bother with your "painting magic" or whatever, being decent at MS Paint doesn't count as a power.

Geno? More like gee, no. The last thing people want in an all-star fighting game is a lesser Pinnochio. I've played his game and it sucks. Geno's just some DeviantArt OC. Pick other characters like Banjo and Kazooie. Now that's a good pick. This game shouldn't become Toy Story 4.

I'm obviously kidding, Geno's my most wanted character.
Banjo is my second most wanted character.
Rayman's my third.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607

Geno is just a Pinnochio’s romeo
They both want each other’s wood and that’s homeo...stasis
In the process of writing phases
May as well swap faces
No one “wood” notice if they switched places
Disney may as well own him
Kingdom Hearts May as well have shown ‘im
He was dead the year he was born with no soul and no home to be ownin’

One of my wants is Hollow Knight.

Enchess

Smash Lord

I'd roast Geno, but I'm pretty sure literally every Geno fan in the world is on Smashboards, so I don't want to invite their wrath.

D

Deleted member

Oh, are we still keepin' the ball rolling with the "Roast Your Wants" game? I got y'all a good one.

I wanna see what y'all can make out of Rex & Pyra, since I wanna see if people can roast them in a way that hasn't been done before and done in the Xenoblade community. :troll:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Oh, are we still keepin' the ball rolling with the "Roast Your Wants" game? I got y'all a good one.

I wanna see what y'all can make out of Rex & Pyra, since I wanna see if people can roast them in a way that hasn't been done before and done in the Xenoblade community. :troll:
I can tell you're alright with self-inserts. We know why you want Rex WITH Pyra.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Geno is just a Pinnochio’s romeo
They both want each other’s wood and that’s homeo...stasis
In the process of writing phases
May as well swap faces
No one “wood” notice if they switched places
Disney may as well own him
Kingdom Hearts May as well have shown ‘im
He was dead the year he was born with no soul and no home to be ownin’

One of my wants is Hollow Knight.
Hollow Knight? But we already have the best knight in the game, and even HE'S not playable. "Hollow" is right, as there isn't anything deeper to this character.

One of my most wanted characters is Hollow Knight.

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro
Square: Geno
Konami: Big Boss
Sega: Dr. Eggman
Capcom: Ken Masters (if he's Capcom, I believe he is)
Namco: Klonoa
Microsoft: Banjo/Kazooie
Indie: Used to be Shovel Knight, but Shantae I guess. Don't care about her much though.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607

Rex and Pyra are a copy of what Soul Eater made famous. Piggy back ride anyone?

Enchess

Smash Lord

Hell hath no fury like the Xenoblade fandom...

Pyra is great and I don't think anyone would take issue with her too bad she can't get in without boring ass Rex

Enchess

Smash Lord
Yoshi is like Banjo, in a way.
You know your series is a good one if it only had two good games in the 1990s.
Idk, from what the Sonic fandom says, I think only having two good games in the 90s makes a series amazing, not just good.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Oh damn, that's kinda clean. Please tell me you have a master list of all icons you've done so far.
No master list of just my work, but there's a huge list in the thread mentioned in my signature that contains a big list of everyone's work, including all of mine so far. This and the Elma one are super new so they're not on there but they'll be added in due time.
Thanks for the compliment I appreciate you :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom