• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Boshi....he bad. He suck, you know. Like....like he no do good in polls. His glasses are...stupid?

It’s really hard for me to dis you, dude.
Easy, take it from the datamine redditor.

“Gothitelle is the utterly most laughable character I’ve seen implied to be playable in any leak I have ever seen, and includes that of Goku, Shrek, Pink Gold Peach, and Boshi from Super Mario RPG.”

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Curious, if every third party got only one more unique rep (can include Konami despite Simon), who would you want it to be? You can include third parties not in yet (as well as deconfirmed characters).

Konami: Bomberman
Sega: Joker (Sorry Sonic series, but I'd like more series if I had to pick)
Capcom: Dante
Bandai Namco: Heihachi
Square Enix: Sora (I know it's technically Disney)
Microsoft: Banjo & Kazooie
Activision: Crash

Some companies I have a lot more difficult time coming up with possibilities than others. Also, apologies if I made any glaring errors, as I'm basing it off a list I made previously doing research.
Sega: Shadow
Capcom: Chun Li
Bandai Namco: Ivy
Square Enix: Lara Croft
Wayforward: Shantae
Microsoft: Banjo Kazooie

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I think Luigi The President Luigi The President already won with his Boshi roast, but what other roasts of my most wanted can you all come up with?
I don't think we need to dig very hard to roast Boshi's existence in general. He loses out in popularity to a literal ****in' wooden doll. When you're a member of an already established and well-loved species in the Mario universe, and a literal doll is more popular than you, that's when you know you've failed.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
First Duck Hunt, now this? I dunno who keeps letting all the stray dogs out...
Oh you're magic? You can fight Gods? Woopsy-doo join the club. I'd tell you to sit next to Ness but at least his game has has an active fan-base.
And don't bother with your "painting magic" or whatever, being decent at MS Paint doesn't count as a power.
Now get outta here before I have you spayed.
And take this...green thing I stepped on...

My third and final Most Wanted: Geno
Oh great, a puppet? As if there wasn't enough dummies in Smash. I've seen water guns with more firepower than him. Oh he has a spirit? He's special? Yeah, if you call being a Chucky wannabe special. He's probably Geno's father, disowned him too for being made of wood. Someone either needs to exorcise this thing, shove him in a chipper, or send him to the toothpick factory, at least I could use him to pick my teeth, while I wait for a real character.
Geno? More like gee, no. The last thing people want in an all-star fighting game is a lesser Pinnochio. I've played his game and it sucks. Geno's just some DeviantArt OC. Pick other characters like Banjo and Kazooie. Now that's a good pick. This game shouldn't become Toy Story 4.

I'm obviously kidding, Geno's my most wanted character.
Banjo is my second most wanted character.
Rayman's my third.
Rayman? Oh you mean Lameman. After all he so unwanted that the artist couldn't even bother to finish drawing him. Limbs probably aren't the only thing missing, if you take an x-ray of his skull you'll see nothing's in there either. So he can punch and make funny face? So can everyone else on the roster, take a step onto the AT area.

Most wanted first party Elma.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
I don't think we need to dig very hard to roast Boshi's existence in general. He loses out in popularity to a literal ****in' wooden doll. When you're a member of an already established and well-loved species in the Mario universe, and a literal doll is more popular than you, that's when you know you've failed.
That was savage haha. So what newcomer do you want most so we can roast them?

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
It’s like he plays an eternal game of limbo. How low can you go? How far will he lower the bar?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Konami: The Contra dudes (iconic as heck and on of my top NES games)
Sega: Golden Axe Warrior dude (not a huge fan of the Sega games but I liked this game because it played like Zelda)
Capcom: Monster Hunter (only game I play other than the Zelda Capcom games)
Bandai Namco: Lloyd Irving (the tales of) or Augumon (Digimon (I loved Digimon world on the ps1))
Square Enix: Sora (my top wanted character)
Microsoft: Banjo and Kazooie (my second most wanted character)
Activision: what is this company??? (dont have a choice don't know their games well enough)
Activision is the current rights holders of Crash and Spyro. Beyond those 2 their most famous in house brands are Call of Duty, Gutar Hero, Tony Hawk and Pitfall. And biggest of all is them owning Blizzard, which means series like Diablo, Warcraft, StarCraft and Overwatch can be reps too.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That was savage haha. So what newcomer do you want most so we can roast them?
It used to be Ashley, but now she's deconfirmed.

So now it's Phoenix Wright.

Enchess

Smash Lord

Ah, that's too bad. Ashley would've been easier. I got nothing other than my general "please no more 3rd parties". His MvC appearance is way too awesome to deny.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
Easy, take it from the datamine redditor.

“Gothitelle is the utterly most laughable character I’ve seen implied to be playable in any leak I have ever seen, and includes that of Goku, Shrek, Pink Gold Peach, and Boshi from Super Mario RPG.”
yep i agree and one thing weird is people say Boshi could be echo of Yoshi when
1. Boshi is 3rd Party
2. Boshi never appeared in a Yoshi game
3. NO ONE SUPPORTED HIM UNTIL E3
4. Unrelevent

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I honestly assume that we are only getting 2 or 3 mors unique newcomers and 3 to 4 more echoes. Atleast in the base game. I think we'll get a quite a bit more as DLC.

I also assume that all the unique newcomers will be the absolute most popular choices from the ballot and among the various Smash communities. While echoes will be based on semi-popular choices, but also easy to base on another fighter. For that reason I highly doubt something like Boshi will be an echo. It seems like he's not just making echoes for the sake of making echoes. They needed a high amount of request.

Based on all this I'm going to make some possibilities.

UNIQUE FIGHTERS
Geno
Banjo-Kazooie
Isaac

ECHO FIGHTERS
Shadow
Dixie Kong
Black Shadow

NOT SURE
Isabelle
Bandana Dee
New Pokemon
Rhythm Heaven character

These have nothing to do with my wants, they are just my predictions.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
I honestly assume that we are only getting 2 or 3 mors unique newcomers and 3 to 4 more echoes. Atleast in the base game. I think we'll get a quite a bit more as DLC.

I also assume that all the unique newcomers will be the absolute most popular choices from the ballot and among the various Smash communities. While echoes will be based on semi-popular choices, but also easy to base on another fighter. For that reason I highly doubt something like Boshi will be an echo. It seems like he's not just making echoes for the sake of making echoes. They needed a high amount of request.

Based on all this I'm going to make some possibilities.

UNIQUE FIGHTERS
Geno
Banjo-Kazooie
Isaac

ECHO FIGHTERS
Shadow
Dixie Kong
Black Shadow

NOT SURE
Isabelle
Bandana Dee
New Pokemon
Rhythm Heaven character

These have nothing to do with my wants, they are just my predictions.
I'd say we'd get 6 more max but since Sakurai said not to expect that much newcomers i expect under Melee's number of newcomers

I'd say we'd get 6 more max but since Sakurai said not to expect that much newcomers i expect under Melee's number of newcomers
Also for the record Melee had 14 newcomers

Enchess

Smash Lord
yep i agree and one thing weird is Zinith says Boshi could be echo of Yoshi when
1. Boshi is 3rd Party
2. Boshi never appeared in a Yoshi game
3. NO ONE SUPPORTED HIM UNTIL E3
4. Unrelevent
I think you've been mistaking Zinith's frequent posts as being made by multiple people.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I'm basing it on the fact that Sakurai said we will know everyone before the game's release. And judging by the amount of character reveals we've had in a given time span and how much time we have before the game's release in December, I'm estimating 3 more unique newcomers at the max.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Curious, if every third party got only one more unique rep (can include Konami despite Simon), who would you want it to be? You can include third parties not in yet (as well as deconfirmed characters).

Sega: Joker (Sorry Sonic series, but I'd like more series if I had to pick)
Capcom: Dante
Bandai Namco: Heihachi
Square Enix: Sora (I know it's technically Disney)
Microsoft: Banjo & Kazooie
Activision: Crash

Some companies I have a lot more difficult time coming up with possibilities than others. Also, apologies if I made any glaring errors, as I'm basing it off a list I made previously doing research.
Konami: Bomberman, simply for his fans' sake.
SEGA: Sakura Shinguji from Sakura Taisen due to the historical impact the franchise has had on the RPG formula and the fact I love the series.
Capcom: Phoenix Wright because the series has a long legacy on Nintendo's systems. And because the series is awesome.
Bandai Namco: Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia. Tales is a huge series for Namco.
Square Enix: Erdrick from Dragon Quest III. Dragon Quest has a huge impact on gaming and is incredibly popular - and Sora's owned by Disney, not Square.
Microsoft: Banjo & Kazooie for the series' Nintendo legacy.
Ubisoft: Rayman because I like the character, his games, and his design.
Disney: Sora. Take a friggin' guess why lol.

Geno is just a Pinnochio’s romeo
They both want each other’s wood and that’s homeo...stasis
In the process of writing phases
May as well swap faces
No one “wood” notice if they switched places
Disney may as well own him
Kingdom Hearts May as well have shown ‘im
He was dead the year he was born with no soul and no home to be ownin’

One of my wants is Hollow Knight.
I can tell you're alright with self-inserts. We know why you want Rex WITH Pyra.
You mean this whole time Boshi was a character and not a typo?
Yoshi is like Banjo, in a way.
You know your series is a good one if it only had two good games in the 1990s.
Oh great, a puppet? As if there wasn't enough dummies in Smash. I've seen water guns with more firepower than him. Oh he has a spirit? He's special? Yeah, if you call being a Chucky wannabe special. He's probably Geno father, disowned him too for being made of wood. Someone either needs to exorcise this thing, shove him in a chipper, or send him to the toothpick factory, at least I could use him to pick my teeth, while I wait for a real character.

Rayman? Oh you mean Lameman. After all he so unwanted that the artist couldn't even bother to finish drawing him. Limbs probably aren't the only thing missing, if you take an x-ray of his skull you'll see nothing's in there either. So he can punch and make funny face? So can everyone else on the roster, take a step onto the AT area.

Most wanted first party Elma.
Lmao! My face hurts please stop!

I'm literally gonna die from laughter!

Enchess

Smash Lord
Hi. Yes, I'd like disembodied udder from 1 2 Switch as a playable fighter in Smash Ultimate.
Pfft. Clearly disembodied udder wont make it as a playable character. It's obviously a better fit for an Assist Trophy. Or a boss.

P.Kat

Smash Champion

Well by the time Smash Ultimate releases it'll be to late for him to join. Some characters can run super fast, float, fly, or have vehicles with an actual engine. This guy rides a bicycle, at least try for your drivers license buddy, and sorry but he'll need a fighting style that doesn't involve tripping on nothing for attacks, and I think the cast can survive paper cuts, instead of pushing characters off stage, he should stick to pushing pencils. So when it come to Phoenix NotWright being in Smash, I say OBJECTION.

Since Shantae was done already it's Elma for my character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

While we're roasting, I wanna roast some of these female character's fashion for a sec. First off, I don't think I've ever seen a more unalluring character than Lucina.

When you literally have pretty much all blue, wanna copy Marth to the tee, AND have Corrin be more fashionable than you - a character from a game that was MORE POLARIZING THAN THE LAST GAME - you might as well just dress up as Donnel.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Well by the time Smash Ultimate releases it'll be to late for him to join. Some characters can run super fast, float, fly, or have vehicles with an actual engine. This guy rides a bicycle at least try for your drivers license buddy, and sorry but he'll need a fighting style that doesn't involve tripping on nothing for attacks, and I think the cast can survive paper cuts, instead of push characters off stage, he should stick to pushing pencils. So when it come to Phoenix NotWright being in Smash I say OBJECTION.

I'm excited to read your essay on why Elma totally deserves a spot over Rex and Pyra and how she's actually a pretty complex character when in reality you just want her to step on your back.

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
While we're roasting, I wanna roast some of these female character's fashion for a sec. First off, I don't think I've ever seen a more unalluring character than Lucina.

When you literally have pretty much all blue, wanna copy Marth to the tee, AND have Corrin be more fashionable than you - a character from a game that was MORE POLARIZING THAN THE LAST GAME - you might as well just dress up as Donnel.
DASTARD! YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

Every Smash girl is equal in my heart.

No, not Nana, and no, not Inkling. I don't need the FBI at my doorstep.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Well by the time Smash Ultimate releases it'll be to late for him to join. Some characters can run super fast, float, fly, or have vehicles with an actual engine. This guy rides a bicycle at least try for your drivers license buddy, and sorry but he'll need a fighting style that doesn't involve tripping on nothing for attacks, and I think the cast can survive paper cuts, instead of push characters off stage, he should stick to pushing pencils. So when it come to Phoenix NotWright being in Smash I say OBJECTION.

Whale oil beef hooked

D

Deleted member

I'm excited to read your essay on why Elma totally deserves a spot over Rex and Pyra and how she's actually a pretty complex character when in reality you just want her to step on your back.
Y I K E S
YOU CAN'T JUST MURDER SOMEONE ON THE SPOT LIKE THAT.

Screenshot (938).png

Ivander

Smash Legend
Sega: If series already in count, than Eggman. If not, than Alis Landale from Phantasy Star.
Capcom: Monster Hunter
Namco: Nightmare
Square Enix: Riesz from Seiken Densetsu/Mana series
Koei Tecmo: Ryu Hayabusa
Ubisoft: Rayman
Activision: Crash Bandicoot
Microsoft: Banjo&Kazooie
Sony: Wander from Shadow of the Colossus

Indie character: Quote

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Hey we're talking about Boshi?

Look at my signature for prime Boshi hype

ily zinith

edit: Zinith liked my post in under one minute

Last edited:

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
I might be a bit to lateto the boshi roast but i would rather have Starfy playable over some **** Boshi the reason why you like Boshi so much is that he is pathetic dumb and a loser
Got em

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom