• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
What If Elma and Banada Dee becomes am assost trophy that what be kinda of funny

Note i dont Hate Kirby or Xenoblade i just think it would be funny

Enchess

Smash Lord
He was talking about Mallo from Pushmo, not Mallow from SMRPG
That's probably the worst roast he'll ever get and it's not even meant that way...so obscure people mistake him for another already obscure character...

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I think Boshi would be a fun alt costume at the very least. Not an Echo, but a fun little nod to his existence would be chill.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Uh, so when did Boshi invade and successfully take over this thread?

.......You know what, that's okay. I'll accept this. It's much better than seeing fifty million fake leaks in one day.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
I think Boshi would be a fun alt costume at the very least. Not an Echo, but a fun little nod to his existence would be chill.
Although, I think some fans will riot if Yoshi is the first reptile with a shades alt :007:

I mean there's even a mode with "Squad" in it's name. It's the perfect time to let us make a Squirtle Squad complete with shades

Last edited:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Do you guys think we will get anymore characters as alt costumes like we did with Alph and the Koopalings? Would be great to have Peppy and Slippy be alts of Fox/Falco, and the members of Star Wolf being alts of Wolf and have a 4 v 4 match between the two teams.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
A serious question Zenith what is the difference between Boshi amd Yoshi besides the sunglasses

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Well, perhaps if we get Geno it would be a possibility. There certainly is some sort of cryptic way to get more alternate skins. Ridley's Meta alt for example wasn't playable in the demo or one of the base 8. I'm thinking there's possibly an unlockable alt system? That or he'll just have more than 8 alts anyway in the full game.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Well, perhaps if we get Geno it would be a possibility. There certainly is some sort of cryptic way to get more alternate skins. Ridley's Meta alt for example wasn't playable in the demo or one of the base 8. I'm thinking there's possibly an unlockable alt system? That or he'll just have more than 8 alts anyway in the full game.
I remember an old leak that said every character will actually have 16 alts in the full game.

Sadly it was proven fake, but still it was a neat idea.

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
Roast Mallow by putting him over a fire.

That's the only Mallow worth roasting anyways.
Okay roastin Mallow I can do... now let's see... she's a little girl living on a farm, shes got no friends, link straight up snatches her horse, her irresponsible dad leaves her alone while he goes and takes naps at the castle. Folks, this is what we in the business call a weak contender.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Um... So I just typed "Mallo" into my search bar and the first suggestion was "Mallow Pokemon". I think Google just burned Mallo from Pushmo and Mallow from SMRPG
When I read the post, I did read it as Mallow from SMRPG. I had the post all ready to go and then realized it was the wrong character...

And I even played every Pushmo game!

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Do you guys think we will get anymore characters as alt costumes like we did with Alph and the Koopalings? Would be great to have Peppy and Slippy be alts of Fox/Falco, and the members of Star Wolf being alts of Wolf and have a 4 v 4 match between the two teams.
BOI I've been waiting for my Dry Bowser alt for too long

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Dang, these Boshi jokes are really egging us on.

Also, my favorite option(but not feasible) is Brian from Ques 64. Now if only I could figure out the rest of the moveset's specifics. >.<

Enchess

Smash Lord
BOI I've been waiting for my Dry Bowser alt for too long
I've been waiting for Rookie and Bowletta alts.
although I'd prefer them both as Echoes. Don't let the dream die. Bowser can totally have 3 echoes....maybe...

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Dang, these Boshi jokes are really egging us on.

Also, my favorite option(but not feasible) is Brian from Ques 64. Now if only I could figure out the rest of the moveset's specifics. >.<
Is Quest 64 really that good? My only exposure to it is ProJared's review from way back when, and all I remember is that he had some unkind things to say about it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Back in 2013 I actually took something of a liking to the idea of Dry Bowser being his own fighter, a Bowser clone of sorts. I even went as far as to make a support thread for him.

It was poorly made though, and it didn't last long. Nowadays, I'd much prefer to see Dry Bowser as an alt (though I guess an Echo still wouldn't hurt, either).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of Dry Bowser. I can see him as an alt costume the same way how Meta Ridley is for Ridley.

Lets be honest. That's what he works best as.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
Is Quest 64 really that good? My only exposure to it is ProJared's review from way back when, and all I remember is that he had some unkind things to say about it.
Well, we can at least be confident the original was good if it got 63 sequels!

Sorry, that was terrible. Almost as bad as Quest 64.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Quest 64 is actually a really interesting part of gaming history. I hope we get an eshop rerelease or something at some point.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mediocre game, imo. Love the game, but it's a bit too simplistic. It's all gameplay with a few hidden points. Like unique enemy design, a unique battle system that rewards your actual choices in battle(due to leveling up your stats based upon your actual actions. HP, MP, Defense, and Agility get better via taking damage/using the staff, using magic, taking damage, and moving around. To say the least, Defense and HP go up the easiest). The story is lackluster and pretty much Dragon Warrior 1's story but somewhat more interesting at times. There's small tidbits from NPC's that at least world build... a little(as the bosses at least have a story), and the only hidden area in the game gives you a bigger backstory.

The lack of proper equipment and a monetary system still hurts to this day. On the other hand, making item usage actually smart isn't a bad thing, but the game is clearly designed with that in mind(grabbing tons of items via treasure chests), as even with max Defense, you still take massive damage from some enemies. Game is very beatable without using a single item on a boss due to having a variety of magic that covers all areas. Besides that, a lot of the magic has similarities to Dragon Quest 1 as well(bar Stepguard. But you have things like Exit, Return, the Wings being similar to the Wing of Wyvern, but better, Hurt, Hurtmore, Heal, Healmore, Sleep to a degree)... you get the idea.

The music, sound effects, and graphics are also pretty nice for what they did for the time. Sure, the graphics are low polygon, but they fit the settings well. So overall the atmosphere is really really good.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Speaking of Dry Bowser. I can see him as an alt costume the same way how Meta Ridley is for Ridley.

Lets be honest. That's what he works best as.
That has been in the back of my mind. Why aren’t Meta-Ridley’s alts in the demo?

Were they made later? Are there going to be more palettes than previous games? Meta-Ridley is an echo who only has animation changes?

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
That has been in the back of my mind. Why aren’t Meta-Ridley’s alts in the demo?

Were they made later? Are there going to be more palettes than previous games? Meta-Ridley is an echo who only has animation changes?
16 palettes, with 8 unloackable, this needs to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom