• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Assuming we can be as candid as we want, and we're excluding deconfirmed characters:
>shantae
>when steve and touhou exists
Keep dreamin' boi.

Black Shadow from F-Zero, but this one. Not the wimpy baby GX one. The Chad GP/Climax one.
Alright you just roasted ME because you accidentally made me remember that if he doesn't get into Ultimate we won't be able to recreate THAT F-ZERO ANIME SCENE with him and Falcon.
So thanks for breaking my soul Ariga.

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
Until we wait for another """"""""""leak"""""""""" howbout if we play a little game?
We write down our most wanted character to be in Smash. and then others have to roast it
Mine is the easiest one yet.

Most Wanted: Steve (Minecraft)
(Yes, really.)

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
God. People need to chill out with these image leaks.

I come back and there are like 8 new ones each time the past two days.

Absolutely mad machines.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yes, but Sega, in whole, owns the Bayonetta IP. It's explicitly their copyright and it will be until they officially sell it to Nintendo.

Nintendo merely owns the publishing rights to it for the 1 port, 2, and 3, which they only have because Sega allows them to.
And the longer Nintendo owns the publishing rights to Bayonetta, they get to stay as the series’ (step)parent

Like how Marvel owns everything Spider-Man related except for the full movie rights that Sony has, and both share the movie franchise together (with MCU Spidey movies and spinoff films making Sony money, while crossovers involving Spidey such as the Civil and Infinity Wars makes Marvel/Disney money). Only difference between the two situations is that the company that actually makes the games for Nintendo/Sega owns nothing from the series while Marvel/Disney and Sony own the film rights/usage of Spider-Man...which tbh should go to Marvel/Disney full time

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
>try to look up stuff
>find this

Who knew Smash 4 Agnes leaks were even a thing? And what do you know, he got the accent wrong too.
Okay not to discredit the leaker since I actually like him and think he’s a pretty chill person, but this looks better than the recent leak in all honesty because it’s closer to the original style. Though I understand the leaker from the recent leak was a newbie.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
“We can’t let these (filth) kids ruin our non toxic fan base.”
Minecraft is pretty dead now in terms of rampant kids. Either that or they're just not vocal on it anymore. I actually feel quite nostalgic for the series, it's a genuinely great game I think, especially with what modders could do.

what you should be hating on is fortnite because that's cool to hate on now and i cant even call it a good game its pretty average

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Minecraft is pretty dead now in terms of rampant kids. Either that or they're just not vocal on it anymore. I actually feel quite nostalgic for the series, it's a genuinely great game I think, especially with what modders could do.

what you should be hating on is fortnite because that's cool to hate on now and i cant even call it a good game its pretty average
Yeah definitely. Minecraft isn't in its prime, those who still play it are more grown-up folk who have stuck with it for years. It never was a bad game, always had a soft spot for it myself, which is why I'd be perfectly fine with Steve in Smash.

Of course only after JONESY got in

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
Mine is the easiest one yet.

Most Wanted: Steve (Minecraft)
(Yes, really.)
What they aren't telling us is in addition to Steve being their most wanted character, their most wanted feature is replacing all the taunts with Fortnite dances and their most wanted stage is the pizzeria from FNAF

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Although I think we should compile all of the recent image leaks into a little archive for future reference, if anyone has links then please send them because they are vital.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Every since I used this username (over a year ago), I've had it pronounced "Zenith" and it just sorta stuck...
I've been stuck with this username for about 6 years now.
At what point do we give up our usernames? Like, never?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hold up, why is Quote being touted as THE indie guy? Shantae 1 came out in 2002 and Cave Story first released in 2004 so why is Quote so much more important?

Legitimate question here. Not really biased one way or the other cause I like them both but I don't get that comparison. Is it cause Cave Story did better?

Last edited:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
My most wanted? Uhhhh....I guess Skull Kid.
Skull Kid? more like "better luck next time, kid"
Although I think we should compile all of the recent image leaks into a little archive for future reference, if anyone has links then please send them because they are vital.
Yeah, be sure to add this one to the collage

Hold up, why is Quote being touted as THE indie guy? Shantae 1 came out in 2002 and Cave Story first released in 2004 so why is Quote so much more important?

Legitimate question here. Not really biased one way or the other cause I like them both but I don't get that comparison. Is it cause Cave Story did better?
I think because Quote popularized the whole "indie industry" thing

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Cave Story had a massive impact and its influence is still felt today, from what I've been able to read.
Shantae...not so much. It's popular, but it didn't change the game from what I understand.

Troykv

Smash Master
Until we wait for another """"""""""leak"""""""""" howbout if we play a little game?
We write down our most wanted character to be in Smash. and then others have to roast it
I'll start:

Most wanted: Shantae
Shantae is only popular thanks to band wagon (?)

It would be funny... But I imagine that I would get the most uninspired answers because of the character xD

Most Wanted: Micaiah

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah definitely. Minecraft isn't in its prime, those who still play it are more grown-up folk who have stuck with it for years. It never was a bad game, always had a soft spot for it myself, which is why I'd be perfectly fine with Steve in Smash.

Of course only after JONESY got in
and tbh modern battle royale games wouldnt exist without minecraft hunger games, let's all realize what birthed this.

A better question is, why did you even bother to argue about it with Shantae.
Untitled.png

Checkmate.

Shroob

Sup?
So, this isn't superly Smash related but...

What DOES Arlo's puppeteer look like? It's been bothering me for awhile that I've never seen a picture of the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom