• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Oh well, can't argue against that. I'll admit that Yacht Club did a good job with his character to use the hype sorrounding him to keep the momentum and make him an even bigger deal than Shantae...
Don't look at it like that. In the end it doesn't really matter who is bigger than who. You don't need to weigh them against each other and should try to enjoy both.

Especially since the indie rep will actually be Sans Undertale himself, debuting as Ness' echo fighter.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Wasn't the Banjo render debunked by the fact that Banjo had whiskers, not freckles?
I wouldn't say debunked, but it's curious. At the same time though it could just be part of the redesign. Banjo's been dead for 10 years, and if they are in the game I don't think Sakurai will want to use the Nuts and Bolts designs.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Apparently Sakurai once considered Heihachi for a playable character.

I dunno the source on this, but that's probably why people are bringing him up.
https://sourcegaming.info/2015/06/26/800/

Heihachi was considered for Smash 4's base game, though Pac-Man took priority. He said that implementing Heihachi's moves in Smash would be difficult, though that hasn't stopped plenty of other characters.

Enchess

Smash Lord
View attachment 161275
What was your question?
——————————————
So did PAX West start today?

It’s sad at these anime characters look so similar even when they’re from completely different series.
They aren't all from different series than each other and there's also literally multiple repeat character in there.

Edit: should clarify: I'm not saying all are the same series. There are just multiple Monogatari characters (who show up multiple times) and multiple Madoka characters (one of which shows up multiple times)

Last edited:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Until we wait for another """"""""""leak"""""""""" howbout if we play a little game?
We write down our most wanted character to be in Smash. and then others have to roast it
I'll start:

Most wanted: Shantae

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Geno looks like he's trying to do the Shaft Head Tilt.

Apparently Sakurai once considered Heihachi for a playable character.

I dunno the source on this, but that's probably why people are bringing him up.
Thanks. Probably DLC i think

Enchess

Smash Lord
Until we wait for another """"""""""leak"""""""""" howbout if we play a little game?
We write down our most wanted character to be in Smash. and then others have to roast it
I'll start:

Quote is a much more deserving indie rep than Shantae ever was.
Her ponytail gimmick is redundant if Dixie gets in first, which she should as notable, highly requested 1st party character.
She's not particularly significant to gaming history in general.

Most Wanted: Mio Amakura (it's actually Isaac, but someone else will say that)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'll start:

Apparently having a "sexy" character design makes you a historically significant indie game character now.

My most wanted:
Paper Mario. Come get me gang.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I’m keeping my eyes on these currently, I feel they have just a bit of weight to them in terms of quality, they could be real, they could be fake, who on earth knows, time will tell, but I’ll enjoy the ride either way:
View attachment 161273
View attachment 161274
View attachment 161276
That’s the beauty of leaks, they keep the hype going even in droughts, which is why they’re exciting regardless of the outcome.
Mannnnn I really wish that Geno thing is real

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think the Best Buy demo will be a new build or just the E3 demo again?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>try to look up stuff
>find this

Who knew Smash 4 Agnes leaks were even a thing? And what do you know, he got the accent wrong too.

NotDom

Smash Rookie
I'll start:

My most wanted

Skull Kid

Echo: Shadow

Enchess

Smash Lord
Do you guys think the Best Buy demo will be a new build or just the E3 demo again?
I'm guessing E3 demo again. It's significantly more work to put out multiple different demo builds than people here think.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Same build. We're 3 months away from release. I don't think they'll want to waste time making a new demo build so close to the game being released. Unless we get an eshop demo, but even then that could be the same build too.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'll start:

Assuming we can be as candid as we want, and we're excluding deconfirmed characters:
>shantae
>when steve and touhou exists
Keep dreamin' boi.

Black Shadow from F-Zero, but this one. Not the wimpy baby GX one. The Chad GP/Climax one.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
>try to look up stuff
>find this

Who knew Smash 4 Agnes leaks were even a thing? And what do you know, he got the accent wrong too.
Can...can we just admire the eShop Bag just chilling there?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Can...can we just admire the eShop Bag just chilling there?
Yeah, that's pretty neat.
I wasn't even looking for Agnes, I was looking for Black Shadow pictures and that just showed up on my top row.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Assuming we can be as candid as we want, and we're excluding deconfirmed characters:
>shantae
>when steve and touhou exists
Keep dreamin' boi.

Black Shadow from F-Zero, but this one. Not the wimpy baby GX one. The Chad GP/Climax one.
Batman can't be in Smash, he's not a video game character...wait, that's not Batman? Batman ripoffs can't be in Smash be they are unoriginal ripoffs of a character who can't be in Smash.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Do you guys think well get a direct in september or october? Just to like go away from leak discussion for now.
hopefully mid-September (they got the Switch Online stuff to discuss about)
early October at best

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
Yeah yeah, the leaks were faked blah blah- let's play a game:
Name the most likely Newcomer for each letter.
Adeline
Bandana Dee
Chorus Men
Dixie Kong
Elma
Funky Kong
Geno
Heihachi
Incineroar (sorry isaac)
Jibanyan (???)
Ken
Lloyd