• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
No. We can not get another datamine, especially this early.
Don't worry. Considering he's completely ignored every post on reddit asking him about a datamine, I suspect he has no intention to datamine and just intends to answer questions available in the normal demo gameplay.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There's no reason for the demo to have more data than is being used, it would simply be wasted space. Still, I do hope it gets mined simply in the case there are, say, placeholders.
Or AT's that haven't shown up in the RNG get. Etc. Maybe unfinished data. Nobody is perfected. Even the 3DS version had data early on that wasn't scrubbed yet(it took an update to do so). If real, it could hold some useful bits. But yeah, I agree it's unlikely it'll give us a severe amount of information or any newcomers.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I realized I was too weak when it came to spoilers when FE: Fates released in Japan. And if there's nothing, whatevs. I'll take what I can get.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This remix is pretty great actually.

The actual Yoshi's New Island needed tracks like this.

Chrono.

There's no reason for the demo to have more data than is being used, it would simply be wasted space. Still, I do hope it gets mined simply in the case there are, say, placeholders.
I'd laugh if it turns out to be similar to what happened with Sun/Moon.

Where it looked like the demo really didn't have anything... And then they found all the Mons just there.

D

Deleted member

Or AT's that haven't shown up in the RNG get. Etc. Maybe unfinished data. Nobody is perfected. Even the 3DS version had data early on that wasn't scrubbed yet(it took an update to do so). If real, it could hold some useful bits. But yeah, I agree it's unlikely it'll give us a severe amount of information or any newcomers.
Best case scenario, there's a certain number of 'Mario' placeholders so we know what the newcomer count is. But that requires Zipzo dumping the ROM first which I don't think is likely to happen.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Since when is there gonna be an Ultimate demo?
Since when would there not be a demo?
Smash 4 got one for the 3DS version, is there a reason to oppose Smash Ultimate? There's literally no other way to actually datamine before the game hits.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I can't stop myself from looking at any spoilers for:

a) Smash Bros.
and
b) One Piece
also
c) Nintendo games in general

It's only movies and TV spoiler I hide from.

Oh, and I read every Harry Potter book from 4 onwards in one day to prevent anything being spoiled.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Yeah, I don't actually hate it.

Granted, considering the rest of the tracks on the website, I shouldn't be surprised...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Since when would there not be a demo?
Smash 4 got one for the 3DS version, is there a reason to oppose Smash Ultimate? There's literally no other way to actually datamine before the game hits.
The 3ds version got a demo so people would know how it felt on that console. Ultimate won’t get a demo. Everyone knows how Smash is on consoles.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Preconceived biases regarding Yoshi's New Island aside, that song isn't really all that bad.
I realized I was too weak when it came to spoilers when FE: Fates released in Japan. And if there's nothing, whatevs. I'll take what I can get.
Oof that was a hectic release. I spent those first months following it's release following discussion on SerenesForest forums and it was messy as all living heck.

On the other hand, it makes me scoff whenever I see people complain that it was the localization team that ruined the writing when the folks at Serenes were angry about a lot of the same things even before it was localized.

D

Deleted member

I'd laugh if it turns out to be similar to what happened with Sun/Moon.

Where it looked like the demo really didn't have anything... And then they found all the Mons just there.
Oh yeah, that... happened. I'd hope Nintendo learned a thing or two from that but I'm not too sure.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
i've never played Yoshi's new Island but i have heard it not being that great. The song remix is really chill though. It kind of feels like it'd be played in a yoshi version of bubblaine,

EDIT: Wambo Wambo someone on reddit claims to have gotten ahold of the demo. He's currently posting impressions and stuff on reddit + a video of bayo and snake taunting.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I will trust verge just a bit... for now. That being said.

Having never gotten around to playing a single Paper Mario game, why is Color Splash so bad. Can you or Anyone tell me why. Also which Paper Mario game is the best?
Its been a while, but there are a few reasons
  1. The battle system is way to easy. If you paint a card, it basically makes it to the card one shots the enemy. Basically, if you play semi competently, the game is a complete cake walk. Kirby doesn't have anything on this level of non-difficulty
  2. Likewise, there is no real progression system. You get hammers that increase your paint reserves but you get paint from fighting so it doesn't matter anyway. Again, if you play semi completely you will still kill everything and have plenty of paint. Its better to avoid fights. then wasting your time getting more paint that you don't need.
  3. Lack of any character. While the writing is good, there are no characters to care about. They try and give character to some of the NPCs, but since they are nameless and look the same you don't care about them. A problem in a story driven game
  4. The structure is a mess. You bounce to different areas until you eventually find the star to go to another area and repeat. There are no side quest.
  5. Thing stickers. Basically they are these Special stickers that you need for the bosses. They are super easy once you use it on them but are basically unbeatable if you don't. After the 2nd star, the game becomes more about these than the actual game. Don't have Thing card, can't win. They are awful
  6. The game insults your intelligence. So, before the third star you have this game show you have to play. They give you a quiz and you have to solve it with the cards in your hand. But if you don't have the card, you can't solve it. I died doing the quiz because I didn't have the cards. The NPC then says to me "Oh, if only you paid someone money to give you the cards." There is an NPC that will give you the cards you need to actually progress if you give him 1,000. If that wasn't awful enough, for the 4th star, there is a big chest that says "Oh, hey, we took the treasure here. Maybe you can get it if you get every answer right in our quiz." Last time, I missed one question so I didn't get the mcguffin I needed to actually progress the game. I quit there because I didn't want to play the dumb quiz again. This alone makes Color Splash one of the worst games I've every played.
Color Splash is awful and was probably made by <content redacted>. At least, I hope that was the case because it would be really sad and pathetic if it was made by competent adults with an IQ above Potato.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
bruh can we get kageyama to just redo the entire yoshis new island OST

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Someone say "leak"? Something happen?
Someone supposedly got their hands on the demo. Nothing has actually been leaked though, as they aren't able to datamine it. That said, we're not sure if a datamine even will leak anything since it's possible all unnecessary data was scrapped.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Main Theme from Yoshi's New Island is the music for today.

https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/sound/index.html
This remix is really pleasant and fits like a glove on all of the Yoshi’s Island stages in this game, so I really like it! It feels peppy enough to fight to, but mellow enough to blend in with the scenery from the Yoshi stages.

This thread is so impossible to keep track of I just kinda gave up :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom