• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Anyone else getting a "You broke Reddit" error?
Yeah, looks like all of the servers are busy...

EXCEPT for the old.reddit users. If you replace "www" in the URL with "old" then it should get you a link to the post.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
The thing that makes this so nerve wracking is that if he ACTUALLY has the demo, it’s going to get datamined and it might actually have the files to some, maybe ALL the newcomers.

This is starting to get intense.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
On one hand, I say shame of that guy if he's obtained it illegally. But on the other hand, I'm morbidly intrigued by this.

Noipoi

Howdy!
In the unlikely event that this demo actually leaks something you guys better say something before you post or at least spoiler it.
i'm trying to go into Ultimate spoiler free.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
If somthing gets datamined i'm going to run... is what I want to say. It's what I said on the Sun/Moon datamines. But within 24 hours I knew everything.

D

Deleted member

The one thing that only matters if this gets mined and sent out for people to see:

If there's more than 2 Final Fantasy songs. Please. I don't wanna go without One Winged Angel again.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
On one hand, I doubt there's much of anything to be discovered within the files.

On the other hand... that would be the final nail in the coffin on that stupid Gothitelle leak lol.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
...and you're...in the Smash Ultimate discussion thread...?
Spoiler tags are a thing you know, even if for some reason no one ever wants to use them.

I kind of wish we were required to use spoiler tags when discussion potential leaks. It would make it way easier for me to ignore Gothitelle discussion if we did, and I wouldn't have been spoiler about Simon.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Spoiler tags are a thing you know, even if for some reason no one ever wants to use them.

I kind of wish we were required to use spoiler tags when discussion potential leaks. It would make it way easier for me to ignore Gothitelle discussion if we did, and I wouldn't have been spoiler about Simon.
Oh believe me I agree.
I wish I could go in unspoiled! Unfortunately, a specific character want drags me to every leak.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I do not think that demo data will reveal anything. I am very sure Sakurai is being 100% cautious about data after the Ryu/Roy fiasco.

I feel certain he would be secure about everything he decides to share publicly regarding Ultimate.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
On one hand, I doubt there's much of anything to be discovered within the files.

On the other hand... that would be the final nail in the coffin on that stupid Gothitelle leak lol.
What would you say it it supported it instead?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Whenever I hear about a potential big leak I just ignore this topic cause people can’t help but spoil stuff for everyone.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
yeah, to discuss. I'm not gonna stick around for leaks.
Real leaks, at least.
You can't realize a leak is a real leak until photoshopped Little Mac gets revealed a month into the leak

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I do not think that demo data will reveal anything. I am very sure Sakurai is being 100% cautious about data after the Ryu/Roy fiasco.

I feel certain he would be secure about everything he decides to share publicly regarding Ultimate.
"Guys, the demo just got leaked! It looks like our remaining newcomers are Mario, Mario, Mario, Mario, Mario, Mario, Mario, Richter (not Simon) and Gothitelle!"

Last edited:

Chrono.

The public 3DS demo had nothing too I think.

But that /was/ a public demo.

D

Deleted member

There's no reason for the demo to have more data than is being used, it would simply be wasted space. Still, I do hope it gets mined simply in the case there are, say, placeholders.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But I’d rather see the new characters first through their reveal videos! Why wouldn’t you want that as your first reaction??
But they probably will before the demo hits?
If we're talking about the E-Shop demo, that's about a week before release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom