• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

One hour left for a new music drop. Better time than ever to predict what we're gonna get next.

I'm surprised we haven't seen a Mario remix yet, as we now know there are TWO Mario icons.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I will trust verge just a bit... for now. That being said.
Third, Color Splash is an awful game and it deserves a special place in Hell
Having never gotten around to playing a single Paper Mario game, why is Color Splash so bad. Can you or Anyone tell me why. Also which Paper Mario game is the best?

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Will the Smash site get a second Metroid theme for Dark Samus, or will it just be one for the both of them?
...actually I have to question my own thinking considering Daisy didn't cause a Mario track to be posted yet.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I don't think being a large niche pick of a large series is a problem - see Ridley, for example. He is apparently less known than Mother Brain to casual players.
See I don't so much have a problem with Dee as much as I was confused by his status as a casual pick.

Noipoi

Howdy!
One hour left for a new music drop. Better time than ever to predict what we're gonna get next.

I'm surprised we haven't seen a Mario remix yet, as we now know there are TWO Mario icons.
Some people think that some music is correlated to new characters, like how a new DK song was posted after K Rool's reveal.
It's speculated that a new Mario or Pokemon song hasn't been posted because they still have newcomers to reveal, which could make sense if characters like Geno and Incineroar are in the game.
I just wanted to share that theory. As for predictions, maybe something from a series without a character like the Snipperclips song we got a while ago.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Some people think that some music is correlated to new characters, like how a new DK song was posted after K Rool's reveal.
It's speculated that a new Mario or Pokemon song hasn't been posted because they still have newcomers to reveal, which could make sense if characters like Geno and Incineroar are in the game.
I just wanted to share that theory. As for predictions, maybe something from a series without a character like the Snipperclips song we got a while ago.
Does that mean we're getting Boss Galaga and Snipperclips as playable newcomers? :V

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Music of the Week will never be able to top the Gang Plank Galleon...but I’ll still love it

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Will the Smash site get a second Metroid theme for Dark Samus, or will it just be one for the both of them?
...actually I have to question my own thinking considering Daisy didn't cause a Mario track to be posted yet.
I thought Daisy did have a new theme. What's that song that plays during her trailer?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
They should upload that vs Ridley remix from Ridley's character trailer on the website. For reasons.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
People in this very thread have been saying they "don't trust Verg at all".
It's not skepticism, it's denial.
I haven't seen anyone in this in thread deny Vergeben at all, but that being said, this is my thought on the matter:

Completely writing Vergeben off, despite the fact he's made multiple impossible to predict claims that have mostly come true, is dumb.

Putting all faith in Vergeben and treating his word as gospel, despite the fact he's gotten false info with other games in the past, is also dumb.

Chrono.

Classic Smash.

From Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash.

I wish I was joking.
And that game came out when the Ultimate project plan was done, it was a hint all along.

This is the long term storytelling WWE wishes they could do. :v

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Dude. I got Ridley, Wolf back, Pichu of all things, Dark Samus...I'm satisfied with the roster as is. I'm perfectly fine with getting Elma and a S/M Pokemon. If I came off earlier as saying I didn't want them because they're newer then my bad. I'm already content. I have characters both new and old I want to sweeten up the deal. I just personally skew more for older characters because I know what it's like to wait and I want to see all the old fans celebrating.

You gotta chill with your rants lol. It's not that serious.
It wasn’t a rant.

Nor was it intended at you (jeez) but just what I saw in general when it came to what has been discussed before. I just wanted to leave a message and say that both sides have reasons to be hopeful.

This ain’t even the first time I write this much, these are in depth analysis and I made a ton before.

D

Deleted member

Wait, ****, I remember Zipzo. Yeah, I'd say it's legit but I don't see much that we can take from this other than character data, I doubt a datamine would reveal anything.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
His other leaks do not matter at all, I'm talking about Smash, and his Smash leaks have been 100% correct.
If Ken, Isabelle and a SE don't make it in? Then yeah, he was full of **** but there's literally no reason to doubt his claims and his past history with other games is irrelevant.
It's more if no Minecraft content gets in. Ken, Isabelle, and another SE are all safe bets at this point.
Now if he had a crazy random character like Gothitelle, Mike Jones, or a character from Advance Wars and they got in..

D

Deleted member

Anyone else getting a "You broke Reddit" error?
I'm telling you Sakurai has the entire Japanese army at his disposal, he ain't ****in' around anymore.

Not to mention he said that this demo is very restrictive so I dont think there'll be any "CHARACTER LEAKED!!1!" videos popping up on the timelines, thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom