• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Its been a while, but there are a few reasons
  1. The battle system is way to easy. If you paint a card, it basically makes it to the card one shots the enemy. Basically, if you play semi competently, the game is a complete cake walk. Kirby doesn't have anything on this level of non-difficulty
  2. Likewise, there is no real progression system. You get hammers that increase your paint reserves but you get paint from fighting so it doesn't matter anyway. Again, if you play semi completely you will still kill everything and have plenty of paint. Its better to avoid fights. then wasting your time getting more paint that you don't need.
  3. Lack of any character. While the writing is good, there are no characters to care about. They try and give character to some of the NPCs, but since they are nameless and look the same you don't care about them. A problem in a story driven game
  4. The structure is a mess. You bounce to different areas until you eventually find the star to go to another area and repeat. There are no side quest.
  5. Thing stickers. Basically they are these Special stickers that you need for the bosses. They are super easy once you use it on them but are basically unbeatable if you don't. After the 2nd star, the game becomes more about these than the actual game. Don't have Thing card, can't win. They are awful
  6. The game insults your intelligence. So, before the third star you have this game show you have to play. They give you a quiz and you have to solve it with the cards in your hand. But if you don't have the card, you can't solve it. I died doing the quiz because I didn't have the cards. The NPC then says to me "Oh, if only you paid someone money to give you the cards." There is an NPC that will give you the cards you need to actually progress if you give him 1,000. If that wasn't awful enough, for the 4th star, there is a big chest that says "Oh, hey, we took the treasure here. Maybe you can get it if you get every answer right in our quiz." Last time, I missed one question so I didn't get the mcguffin I needed to actually progress the game. I quit there because I didn't want to play the dumb quiz again. This alone makes Color Splash one of the worst games I've every played.
Color Splash is awful and was probably made by mentally challenged children. At least, I hope that was the case because it would be really sad and pathetic if it was made by competent adults with an IQ above Potato.
TLDR; never let Miyamoto have any say over an RPG. Or any current Mario game, for that matter.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

I couldn't resist.
Actually, the one I missed was one where you had to fill the card to the same level on the screen, so its hard to tell exactly where you needed to stop. Some of them weren't direct. Even after missing one, I'm sure I'm smarter than the people who thought this game was a good idea.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Zinith Zinith has been Etika’d by the Yoshi remix
And that game came out when the Ultimate project plan was done, it was a hint all along.

This is the long term storytelling WWE wishes they could do. :v
It’s a rare occasion for WWE to have a long term storyline on the main roster...even more rare for a good intended storyline

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Not really feeling that new track, but considering Zinith is probably really happy to get something Yoshi related I can't complain.

cipher35

Smash Rookie
Usually a lurker here but holy shoot, I was not expecting the demo to be in the hands of someone this early on.
Imagine if he finds data for Goku.
If that was to happen, good lord. Ik a ton of people, me included who's excitement levels would go from 100 to 0 so quick

LetterO

Smash Lord
With the inclusion of a Yoshi song, I havea relevant theory. With us having not yet seen Yoshi's new final smash (and it probably changing because of transformation final smashes being gone), I believe I know what it will be.

It's a double Yoshi exploshi.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well I'll be... they redeemed the horrendous Yoshi's new Island title music by playing it with real instruments instead of squeezing hamsters

Original for comparison

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Honestly I’m really hoping they don’t leak anything substantial.

Of course people are saying “If you don’t wanna get spoiled don’t look!!1!”, but at that point you’d basically have to cut yourself off from every Nintendo related website for the next 3 months, and give up Smash speculation entirely.
If demo guy leaks out some newcomers I’m gonna be right pissed, is what I’m saying.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
> Uses epic haxxor skills to break into Smash demo
> "I'm in"
> All names of new characters have been replaced by "Mario"

Twelve new Mario clones, you guys. The demo said so.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Well I'll be... they redeemed the horrendous Yoshi's new Island title music by playing it with real instruments instead of squeezing hamsters

Original for comparison
Wrong song comparison. That’s the level theme that was remade.
—————————————
Anything new with the person that has the demo?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Original for comparison
Would you believe that the composer for Devil May Cry 4 did the soundtrack for the game? It almost seems like they made him do it (as in "forced him to") with a deadline of 5 minutes.

Last edited:

cipher35

Smash Rookie
I'm hoping if a datamine was to happen, there would be another out of nowhere pick like Captain N or Monita just to see everyone's reaction. (Ain't gonna lie, Monita would be a great character)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wrong song comparison. That’s the level theme that was remade.
—————————————
Anything new with the person that has the demo?
Are you sure? Sounds like similar notes to me.

Either the game makes use of recurring note patterns or I'm more musically inept than even I thought possible.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Real leaks in this cycle would be kind of... cruel. Think about how much hype surrounded Ridley and K. Rool because of how long people had waited for them and the rumors surrounding their inclusion. Taking that away from people would kind of make you an ***hole.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Drop the Color Splash talk. When the only thing that is happening is flaming others, you are no longer adding anything useful to the discussion. Action is likely to be taken due to the posts. Besides that, if somebody is flaming others, do not respond to it and report/let the moderation handle it.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
All I want to know is if Skull Kid is a playable character. The rest I would prefer to keep a surprise. If anyone could PM me if the datamine shows he's a character, I would appreciate it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Would you believe that the composer for Devil May Cry 4 did the soundtrack for the game? It almost seems like they made him do it (as in "forced him to") with a deadline of 5 minutes.
Maybe he was having a day where nothing was coming to him creatively so he gave himself a challenge. As a writer I know that's a thing that happens.

In this case maybe he decided to teach guinea pigs to sing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom