• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
It's highly likely the demo has nothing hidden in it. I think they'd take such precautions just in case something slipped.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm hoping if a datamine was to happen, there would be another out of nowhere pick like Captain N or Monita just to see everyone's reaction. (Ain't gonna lie, Monita would be a great character)
You ain't the only one thinking that.

https://www.deviantart.com/professorfandango/art/SMASH-150-120-MONITA-730144313

It's highly likely the demo has nothing hidden in it. I think they'd take such precautions just in case something slipped.
It's too bad they can't rig it to explode 5 minutes after it's used, it'd be somewhat funny.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Character 1: I'd replace Wii Fit Trainer and add Miyabi from Senran KaguraView attachment 160184
Character 2: I'd replace Snake and add Homura from Senran KaguraView attachment 160185
Character 3: I'd replace Mewtwo and add Asagi from DisgaeaView attachment 160186
Character 4: I'd replace Captain Falcon and add Kuon from Utawarerumono (my profile picture)View attachment 160187
I apologize for quoting my own post, but I wanted to say something about this post. From the pictures, these characters look like anime characters, but they're in fact videogame characters. I know Sakurai stated that he wants to only add characters that originated in videogames, and I agree 100%. None of these characters I've listed are anime characters. Their series' have had anime adaptations, but their first appearances were on videogames. Basically how Sonic and Pokémon reps have had anime adaptations, but are at their origin videogame characters, these four characters are just like Pokémon and Sonic in that regard. That's all I wanted to say about that, since people thought I wanted anime characters in the game.

Tl;dr: These are videogame characters, not anime characters. I don't want anime or manga characters (like Goku) in Smash.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm 30% expecting the files to read

char_cloud
char_bayo
char_nice
char_try
char_but
char_I
char_win
char_this
char_round

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm hoping if a datamine was to happen, there would be another out of nowhere pick like Captain N or Monita just to see everyone's reaction. (Ain't gonna lie, Monita would be a great character)
Captain N has no official video game appearances, so despite being owned by Nintendo, I wouldn't even consider it likely to be more than a Mii costume at best. And that's pushing it. It also, despite some notoriety, is not actually very popular. In fact, about the only thing people talk about is the cast getting together.

...I would love it if he had a game appearance, though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Captain N has no official video game appearances, so despite being owned by Nintendo, I wouldn't even consider it likely to be more than a Mii costume at best. And that's pushing it. It also, despite some notoriety, is not actually very popular. In fact, about the only thing people talk about is the cast getting together.

Yeah, at least Nester has Nester's Funky Bowling on VB.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well I'll be... they redeemed the horrendous Yoshi's new Island title music by playing it with real instruments instead of squeezing hamsters

Original for comparison
That’s a pretty good

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I assume everyone here has already seen or discussed the leaker who Alpharad recently tweeted about? Is there a tldr on what the consensus is atm?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I apologize for quoting my own post, but I wanted to say something about this post. From the pictures, these characters look like anime characters, but they're in fact videogame characters. I know Sakurai stated that he wants to only add characters that originated in videogames, and I agree 100%. None of these characters I've listed are anime characters. Their series' have had anime adaptations, but their first appearances were on videogames. Basically how Sonic and Pokémon reps have had anime adaptations, but are at their origin videogame characters, these four characters are just like Pokémon and Sonic in that regard. That's all I wanted to say about that, since people thought I wanted anime characters in the game.

Tl;dr: These are videogame characters, not anime characters. I don't want anime or manga characters (like Goku) in Smash.
The Utawarerumono cast can easily mistaken to be some, so that's understandable. Granted, people in general are fuzzy about whether VNs count as video games, but I say they count as long as they're more interactive than Plumbers Don't Wear Ties.

D

Deleted member

Well I'll be... they redeemed the horrendous Yoshi's new Island title music by playing it with real instruments instead of squeezing hamsters

Original for comparison
Okay, compared to the original, it's actually redeemable and not that bad. The problem I have with this track is that it's from Yoshi's New Island, so it makes me torn a bit because I wanna forget that game ever happened. Overall, tracks good, game's ****, my heart is torn.
BUT! We can now cross off Yoshi off the list and look at the current big franchises that are left.

EarthBound / MOTHER, Punch-Out!!, Xenoblade, Sonic, Bayonetta and Final Fantasy (A MAN CAN STILL DREAM) are the ones I'm looking forward to the most.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What device was the demo even recorded on? A TV that he stole an entire ****ing Switch with?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Is this why Yoshi committed tax fraud.
Sounds more like a Wario soundtrack. And by that, I mean one made by Wario.

It's like it was trying to emulate Yoshi's story but failed hard.

Wambo

Smash Ace
I'm 30% expecting the files to read

char_cloud
char_bayo
char_nice
char_try
char_but
char_I
char_win
char_this
char_round
I'd actually love it if Sakurai did this. Not because I think it'd be funny or anything, but because of the "big oof" moment when one of his devs actually forgot to remove a texture of Geno's cape from the demo while this message was in there.

cipher35

Smash Rookie

Yeah, I wasn't really being serious about the Captain N part. I'd never thought of a mii costume until now and that alone would honestly be a really cool callback. Doubt that would even happen though.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Okay, compared to the original, it's actually redeemable and not that bad. The problem I have with this track is that it's from Yoshi's New Island, so it makes me torn a bit because I wanna forget that game ever happened. Overall, tracks good, game's ****, my heart is torn.
BUT! We can now cross off Yoshi off the list and look at the current big franchises that are left.

EarthBound / MOTHER, Punch-Out!!, Xenoblade, Sonic, Bayonetta and Final Fantasy (A MAN CAN STILL DREAM) are the ones I'm looking forward to the most.
Kind of a nut punch there, but okay...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yoshi's New Island was such a wonky game. It's difficulty was inconsistent with levels going from Baby's First Platformer™ to Super Ulcer Inducer 64™ without warning and the soundtrack was bad in an almost legendary sense. You could tell that they tried but it was kind of like watching a little kid repeatedly falling off a bike. Sometimes it would catch the magic of the original before forgetting how to use the brakes and flipping over on a curb. It's kind of surreal to me that freakin' Wooly World was the Yoshi game that wound up being the worthy successor to Yoshi's Island after all those years had passed.

Rayman001

Smash Cadet
I assume everyone here has already seen or discussed the leaker who Alpharad recently tweeted about? Is there a tldr on what the consensus is atm?
From what I can tell "Probably real, but the leaker doesn't react to dumping/datamine requests so we won't get a lot, if any, new information".

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That's an actually an insult to Wario. His Microgame music is pretty good, even if his idea of the SMB 1-1 theme is a bunch of barking noises.
Ok, Wario on a lazier than usual day where he just sits on the mike.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Considering you can just make an alt to request the thing and since he never said "first come first serve" and he could've literally just chosen any request, it puts it up on the quantity of "HOW DID HE GET IT THOUGH" out 10.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
We're talking about the same person right now.

Guy seems to have gone afk so I think we're just waiting for his next post.

Alpha does have a good point though: the whole roster for Aces was in the demo.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Hold up, hold up, someone got their hands on the demo?
I'm not sure if I should feel jealous, worried for Sakurai because he doesn't like this ****, or extremely curious because I want to see the full roster asap

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Considering you can just make an alt to request the thing and since he never said "first come first serve" and he could've literally just chosen any request, it puts it up on the quantity of "HOW DID HE GET IT THOUGH" out 10.
Yeah, I'm certainly sceptical myself. That being said, this is the most exciting thing to happen for the last week IMO.

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
Oh hey, they updated the Smash Ultimate music list on their site. Excellent addition.

Smash Ultimate - Yoshi's New Island Theme.png

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey guys, I managed to crack into the case of the game kiosk, grab the Switch, throw in my own duplicate to make those suckers none the wiser, uncracked the case, sneaked out of the booth, went back home, avoided any and all security cameras and guards present and now I finally got my demo of Smash Bros. Ultimate. Let's datamine this bi-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom