• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Does Fulgore have a reflect move in the original KI? I've only played the remake and I'm fairly certain he doesn't have one there.
I forget if it's in the N64 version, but it's in the Gameboy version for sure. SNES I think so too, but I didn't play it as much.

All the mods that put Peach and Zelda in pants/sports outfits/strikers gear or whatever always look really off to me because they're still standing and moving like they're wearing dresses. Just because you can put them in those outfits doesn't mean it'll look good.
Thank. You. Mods don't work sometimes because they forget the important part, the reanimations. It's the reason I gagged at the best Isabelle over Villager one(Smash 4 mod). It was beyond unfinished. Nothing looked right. Isabelle didn't even smile, for cripes' sake. >.<

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Does Fulgore have a reflect move in the original KI? I've only played the remake and I'm fairly certain he doesn't have one there.
I believe he has one. He does like a weird uppercut thing that reflects projectiles in the original.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Grrr... the char you want can't get in cause the char I want has to get in grrr...

BARK BARK! HISSSSSSS... NAYYYY! ROOOOAR!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
YES

Also pet peeve: I get why Black Shadow, but compared to most F-Zero characters, I find it boring. There's so many F-Zero Echo Fighter opportunities. Even James Mccloud would be a hilarious nod.
I just think that besides Blood Falcon, there's like no Echo-able character (unless you really try to stretch it) for Falcon. It be more of a waste for that character to be an echo for Falcon, than their own newcomer

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just think that besides Blood Falcon, there's like no Echo-able character (unless you really try to stretch it) for Falcon. It be more of a waste for that character to be an echo for Falcon, than their own newcomer
It's part of why I feel Black Shadow would work better using Ganondorf as a base, though I'd rather they took Ganondorf's 4 moveset and placed it onto Black Shadow instead. He feels better that way, which means we have 3 similar but distinct movesets now. Black Shadow is the slowest, Ganondorf is now more medium speed, and Falcon is the fastest.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Grrr... the char you want can't get in cause the char I want has to get in grrr...

theres no pictures of rockruff and litten fighting so this is the second best thing i could think of

Luminario

Smash Lord
But what's the point in talking about it then
Is there a point in discussing anything on this site? The game is all done. I like Gardevoir and Gothitelle and I'd like the fake leak to be real so I wanna discuss them.
That's almost the same as in the anime. Gardevoir's legs are severely longer. Also, thank you for spoilering that considering the nature of the image, heh.

Yep, definitely a different size. That said, its legs are often ignored during animations like it floating around to simplify things. It's present in even Sun and Moon where its running animation is more like floating like a ghost. Weird.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...on-XY-1.gif/revision/latest?cb=20160706063531 Ugh, I hate when the site won't properly show images. Here's a link.
I know there's a large difference in leg length, but unless Gardevoir long legs are specifically used in attacks it shouldn't be anything a quick animation change won't fix. They could even make Gothitelle's legs longer if it matters enough to the dev team. If Garde isn't flying around like an acrobat throwing out legs for days, then Gothi should work well as an echo. I agree that if there's any leg attack further than Gothi's stubbly legs can reach then it's not gonna work.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
All the mods that put Peach and Zelda in pants/sports outfits/strikers gear or whatever always look really off to me because they're still standing and moving like they're wearing dresses. Just because you can put them in those outfits doesn't mean it'll look good.
This. There is a reason Zelda and Peach walk cycles differ so greatly. Walking or Running normally in any outfit the hangs looses over the legs would likely result in someone falling on their face. Without the long part of the outfit that hides the different walking or running animation it just looks off putting or nonsensical because people don't normally move in that manner.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Is there a point in discussing anything on this site? The game is all done. I like Gardevoir and Gothitelle and I'd like the fake leak to be real so I wanna discuss them.
okay but you literally called it fake yourself like you know it's not legit
these are a lot of loopholes man :drflip:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Blaziken? I've seen model swaps that look good, a few professional touch-ups would make it work great. Plus, Blaziken is a very popular Pokémon.

Here's an idea. Each character support thread choose a champion, each champion choose his weapon, we put them in the blooddome and then...

...they argue to death until there's only one left...

The survivor gets to have his newcomer as well as eternal remorse.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Woah buddy, calm down a little.

He’s trying to say that it would be a lot harder to make Incineroar stand out compared to other candidates since his moveset and playstyle (and even physique) would be a lot more reminiscent to other fighters than someone like Decidueye or Lycanroc, who have aspects that make them unique to all their own.
I'm perfectly calm bud. I just think i'm gonna have to have the Wikipedia article about heel wrestlers and how rad they are on standby for whenever someone says Incineroar wouldn't be original.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There is one but he was exclusive to AX, the Arcade game.

Fella by the name of Phoenix

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I know there's a large difference in leg length, but unless Gardevoir long legs are specifically used in attacks it shouldn't be anything a quick animation change won't fix. They could even make Gothitelle's legs longer if it matters enough to the dev team. If Garde isn't flying around like an acrobat throwing out legs for days, then Gothi should work well as an echo. I agree that if there's any leg attack further than Gothi's stubbly legs can reach then it's not gonna work.
That's not a quick animation. Those are completely different movement patterns. You're forgetting how they jump. Gardevoir dances around and skips when running alone. There's little reason to make it waddle like a penguin(which Gothitelle can't even move at the same speed with tiny legs) just for the sake of it. They can't move the same speed, have vastly different animations, their skeletons are outright different to begin with(there's slight similarities in their models, but again, 100% different dress animations). It's not the kicks alone. It's how they jump. Gothitelle's entire dress barely changes. It can't just flow upwards at all during a jump. It barely bends. Gardevoir's dress is more like a bunch of ribbons.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
People are still talking about the Gardevoir leak?

Let me spell it out:

IT. IS. FAKE.

IT IS AS REAL AS ANY OTHER 4CHAN LEAK, WHICH IS FAKE.

PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT IT.

This has been a Public Service Announcement.
Preach on good sir (Although it feels as if more Smash Bros Ultimate announcements can't get here fast enough to kill all the fake leaks in the same way August Smash Ultimate put 20 million bullets in so many other leaks that were made prior to the direct)!

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiosity, since Diablo 3 is now on the Switch, I wouldn't mind seeing any Blizzard content later as DLC in terms of a new character, stage, ATs, even music. Granted its impractical for a Blizzard character to be in Smash because the roster as we see it are fan-favorite picks from the ballot, but its not entirely impossible. Doesn't mean it'll happen in any regard, but there are plenty of iconic franchises left to represent imo. I'm not entirely a die-hard Blizzard fan, so I may have trouble with some of the choices I'd see work.

I'm only doing characters & assist trophies for now :

Fighters: Tracer- granted I chose her as an assist trophy a long pages back (those who've seen it would know), but I thought, you know what, why not bump her up to a playable status.

Overwatch is one of Blizzard's most iconic franchises, right up there with War/StarCraft series. Its aesthetic vibe perfectly fits Smash Bros for its wide spread of color that brings characters to life and the community is still going strong as of late.

In other words, I'd say her design & personality really fits Smash in my book. I won't cover up all of her movesets, but her's could be her dual pulse pistols, her "Blink" teleportation, Recall and her Pulse Bomb as her Final Smash. If I were to push myself for more (though one would be enough) would be Widowmaker. She's sort of the big arch enemy of Tracer, hence the few shorts that featured both of them.

(Fun Fact: did you know in Overwatch, that special ability meter when it is all charged up, and that character unleashes their abilities, yeah, kinda like what Smash Bros does when the character gets the Final Smash, they perform a special ability, its spelled with a U.)

Assist Trophies: I only have two (technically 4) in mind:
Winston from Overwatch
Eric, Baelog, & Olaf from the Lost Vikings.

What I can see Winston as an assist is that he can roam around the stage attacking the opponents, utilizing his powers such as his jump pack & the Barrier Projector, but when he gets attacked, he unleashes his "Primal Rage" ability and becomes much stronger with his attacks doing massive damage towards the opponent or more (Upwards to possibly 60% damage).

For the Lost Vikings, I believe are a lot more complicated to implement, but I'll make it short & sweet. Each viking has a different ability, Olaf is the defense, Baelog is the brute strength that gets in anyone's way, and Eric is more ranged thanks to his slingshot. One that gets knocked out means all of them are out as well (because balance is key).

Anyone like to share? or just keep talking about these arbitrary leaks all day...

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Woah buddy, calm down a little.

He’s trying to say that it would be a lot harder to make Incineroar stand out compared to other candidates since his moveset and playstyle (and even physique) would be a lot more reminiscent to other fighters than someone like Decidueye or Lycanroc, who have aspects that make them unique to all their own.
Wouldn't Decidueye also have problems standing out since we already have a winged archer?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Out of curiosity, since Diablo 3 is now on the Switch, I wouldn't mind seeing any Blizzard content later as DLC in terms of a new character, stage, ATs, even music. Granted its impractical for a Blizzard character to be in Smash because the roster as we see it are fan-favorite picks from the ballot, but its not entirely impossible. Doesn't mean it'll happen in any regard, but there are plenty of iconic franchises left to represent imo. I'm not entirely a die-hard Blizzard fan, so I may have trouble with some of the choices I'd see work.

I'm only doing characters & assist trophies for now :

Fighters: Tracer- granted I chose her as an assist trophy a long pages back (those who've seen it would know), but I thought, you know what, why not bump her up to a playable status.

Overwatch is one of Blizzard's most iconic franchises, right up there with War/StarCraft series. Its aesthetic vibe perfectly fits Smash Bros for its wide spread of color that brings characters to life and the community is still going strong as of late.

In other words, I'd say her design & personality really fits Smash in my book. I won't cover up all of her movesets, but her's could be her dual pulse pistols, her "Blink" teleportation, Recall and her Pulse Bomb as her Final Smash. If I were to push myself for more (though one would be enough) would be Widowmaker. She's sort of the big arch enemy of Tracer, hence the few shorts that featured both of them.

(Fun Fact: did you know in Overwatch, that special ability meter when it is all charged up, and that character unleashes their abilities, yeah, kinda like what Smash Bros does when the character gets the Final Smash, they perform a special ability, its spelled with a U.)

Assist Trophies: I only have two (technically 4) in mind:
Winston from Overwatch
Eric, Baelog, & Olaf from the Lost Vikings.

What I can see Winston as an assist is that he can roam around the stage attacking the opponents, utilizing his powers such as his jump pack & the Barrier Projector, but when he gets attacked, he unleashes his "Primal Rage" ability and becomes much stronger with his attacks doing massive damage towards the opponent or more (Upwards to possibly 60% damage).

For the Lost Vikings, I believe are a lot more complicated to implement, but I'll make it short & sweet. Each viking has a different ability, Olaf is the defense, Baelog is the brute strength that gets in anyone's way, and Eric is more ranged thanks to his slingshot. One that gets knocked out means all of them are out as well (because balance is key).

Anyone like to share? or just keep talking about these arbitrary leaks all day...
Just because a game is on the Switch does not mean that they should have representation in Smash.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I prefer Incineroar over Decidueye or Lycanroc because he's got this cool wrestler thing going on.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
That's not a quick animation. Those are completely different movement patterns. You're forgetting how they jump. Gardevoir dances around and skips when running alone. There's little reason to make it waddle like a penguin(which Gothitelle can't even move at the same speed with tiny legs) just for the sake of it. They can't move the same speed, have vastly different animations, their skeletons are outright different to begin with(there's slight similarities in their models, but again, 100% different dress animations). It's not the kicks alone. It's how they jump. Gothitelle's entire dress barely changes. It can't just flow upwards at all during a jump. It barely bends. Gardevoir's dress is more like a bunch of ribbons.
If they make Gardevior levitate and not use her legs, they might be able to pull is off. As for the dress, just don't give it a hurtbox. The Koopalings have different shaped and sized hair that flows and moves diffferently from one another.

Still, I don't believe it's true. It would still be too hard to pull off.

Last edited:
That's almost the same as in the anime. Gardevoir's legs are severely longer.
Won't be a problem, they can use this sweet shrinking technology they've used on Ridley, except on Gardevoir's legs. :troll:

Joking aside i don't think leg length is a big deal. If Gothitelle doesn't make it into the game it certainly won't be because her legs are too short i mean there plenty of other reasons... no?

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Just because a game is on the Switch does not mean that they should have representation in Smash.
Didn't say it was gonna happen now did I. Not even once. but that's what Smashboards is for, something unlikely can be something interesting, even if its not happening.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There's no delete button for the stuff I post (You guys should see about fixing it to where you can delete certain post you make)!
I deleted the extra post. Your edit showed you intentionally meant to fix it. Only the Moderation can delete a post in the forum proper.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Bowser's Flying Slam and K. Rool's up throw do not make them dedicated wrestlers.

The Pits and the Links using their bows for only their neutral specials does not make them dedicated archers.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Gardevoir leak is fake?
Good, didn’t want her in, felt way too random and I can’t imagine a single person that asked for Gothitelle when there are better Pokemon to choose from.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

lol i was away most of the day and i was gonna ask if i missed something, but I guess this is a good summary already :cool:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Jody Summer could be a Falcon echo. It'd satisfy having more F-Zero and more female characters; a 2 birds with one stone sort of deal.
She's not quite...Falcon's physique though.

One that never gets a mention is Beastman I guess. He shares a similar build and has a whole "man with the beasts" schtick. Replace Falcon Punch with something like Reptile Punch and it would work.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Just a very unlikely guess: an arcade port.

There would be exclusive characters in there that you would unlock by using the NFC reader. But, to use Ultimate DLC characters, you would need to sign into your Nintendo account. And modes like Classic, All-Star, or Adventure would be exclusive to Ultimate.

Again, it's impossible that it would ever happen.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay it was incredibly obvious from the beginning that the Gardevoir leak was fake, but why are we declaring it now?
Is there proof?

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
How dare you ignore the beautiful potential of "Rainbow Punch!"
Captain_Rainbow_Artwork.png

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Okay it was incredibly obvious from the beginning that the Gardevoir leak was fake, but why are we declaring it now?
Is there proof?
Idk I've been gone most of the day. I thought it was pretty clearly fake (even though I'd like Gardevoir). I thought most of the people here thought it was fake as well barring a few that defended it pretty heavily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom