• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Wow I wasn't expecting this song to be so mixed recieved. I thought it was a pretty sweet tune. Nice beat, the speed up part is really nice. I really like it.

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
I've been thinking about this for a while, but I think the music on site may be a good indicator of which characters from certain franchises will get into Smash. For example, no Pokémon music may indicate that they'll reveal a new pokémon character alongside their music(That Gen 7 Battle Theme in the Direct perhaps). The Donkey Kong remix was was revealed the next week after King K. Rool was revealed. As of right now, we have been getting only a single track per series. It's not impossible to guess that they'll keep the remixes hidden for the series until the release of a character.

That being said, I can be completely wrong. Just a thought really.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Speaking of FF7, holy **** have we not received ANY news on the remake.

Like, come on, KH3, has more news and that games taken 13 years.

I really hope it's good, and they ditch that episodic idea.
As a huge FF7 fan myself, the torture of wait for 3 ****ing years of no news already sank in and I gave up on getting news on the remake… SE doesn't give a damn they think that even showing us a new trailer now for a game that probably won't release in like 2 more years, would ruin the marketing of KH3 NOW… SE is just stupid when being constant about anything… *sigh* I just hope i can play the damn game before I DIE.

Oh boy, I can't wait to see gacha mechanics and microtransactions incorporated into Ultimate! I can't wait for the pride and accomplishment I feel when I finally grind buy enough ingame currency to unlock Marth Vader!

I'm kidding, btw. I'm not pessimistic enough to expect microtransactions in a Smash game. And I'm also a huge hypocrite because I've actually spent a little money on Heroes.
Did you say… microtransactions?…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l65YGlotu0

Wambo

Smash Ace
I've been thinking about this for a while, but I think the music on site may be a good indicator of which characters from certain franchises will get into Smash. For example, no Pokémon music may indicate that they'll reveal a new pokémon character alongside their music(That Gen 7 Battle Theme in the Direct perhaps). The Donkey Kong remix was was revealed the next week after King K. Rool was revealed. As of right now, we have been getting only a single track per series. It's not impossible to guess that they'll keep the remixes hidden for the series until the release of a character.

Could be more evidence to point to Geno being in Smash. as we haven't had a Mario song yet.

Upcoming Forest Maze remix, anyone?...

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Alraight, seems logica- WAIT A MINUITE. Going by this logic, we get no new Kirby characters. 0/10 impossible.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'd probably like that song a lot more if I wasn't so sick of hearing it all the time.

And if Heroes wasn't leaning more and more towards blatant powercreep and fanservice as time goes on. And if they'd stop making variants of the same old characters on pretty much every new character banner.

I'll admit, that game actually does a lot of things right. They listen to fan feedback, there's a ton of great new artwork for otherwise forgotten or niche FE characters, and even some fun challenges to be had. But it also does just as many things wrong. Though I guess that's FE in a nutshell these days...

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
You may not like it but mobile games are a part of Nintendo's history too.
Especially a mobile game that's netted IS and Nintendo $400 million dollars in profit. :p
It being from a mobile game isn't the issue. Being a terrible choice for a song to fight to, and a horrendously boring remix (done by the same original composer, same instrumentation but sped up) is the issue. It's a forgettable, irritating track in the game it's originally from. Here it's not much better. And annoyingly, it takes the place of any other FE remixes we might've gotten.

also lmao at "it makes IS a lot of money", what are you a shareholder?

Like its only one song out of over 900. People need to calm down
People are discussing the track that was just released, what's the issue?

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Forever my heart will yearn to hear this in Smash. But alas, my pleas fall on closed ears.

I will be cursed forever.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Especially a mobile game that's netted IS and Nintendo $400 million dollars in profit. :p
They made that much money?
That made almost the exact same amount of money the first Sam Raimi Spiderman movie.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Do you think I'm braindead?

You had 15 games to choose from with plenty of amazing bangers and select pieces. You pick whats essentially the Poke Center theme of the series. And specifically the mobile game version. That's what boggles me.
That shouldn’t be boggling anything for you...putting music or any sort of content from a successful mobile game made by Nintendo shouldn’t be too big of a surprise, especially when it’s good music to remix and is apart of Nintendo’s history...and is also a game that shows Nintendo can have successful mobile games (maybe even rule it)
Wow I wasn't expecting this song to be so mixed recieved. I thought it was a pretty sweet tune. Nice beat, the speed up part is really nice. I really like it.
Fire Emblem related anything in Smash will do that
Like its only one song out of over 900. People need to calm down
Exactly
Mobile songs in Smash? I guess we are going to get a Candy Crush theme next.
Please do not take this seriously.
I’m taking this seriously

D

Deleted member

All you plebs suggesting garbage Fire Emblem music for Smash. There's only one Fire Emblem track that's needed.

And yeah, I know this is from a spin-off or crossover or whatever, but it's still Fire Emblem

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd like to stop everyone saying "part of Nintendo history" when referring to a game that's made by Nintendo.

By virtue of being a video game made by Nintendo, does that not automatically make every track from it and every other Nintendo game, "part of nintendo history"?

It's kinda redundant.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
I'd probably like that song a lot more if I wasn't so sick of hearing it all the time.

And if Heroes wasn't leaning more and more towards blatant powercreep and fanservice as time goes on. And if they'd stop making variants of the same old characters on pretty much every new character banner.

I'll admit, that game actually does a lot of things right. They listen to fan feedback, there's a ton of great new artwork for otherwise forgotten or niche FE characters, and even some fun challenges to be had. But it also does just as many things wrong. Though I guess that's FE in a nutshell these days...
To be fair, at least with the variants thing, they make those decisions months beforehand, so they really don't know what the fans want until several months later when the deed had been done. There was a lot of backlash over Legendary Lucina but it's not like they could have known that "Oh wait they want Alm/Micaiah/Seliph/etc" they just go with what works and I don't blame them. The powercreep and fanservice stuff, that's another topic for another day and a different thread.

D

Deleted member

I’m taking this seriously
Please do not.
I liked it too! As a person who loves FEH, I am really glad to see content of FEH in Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Also for FEH Fans, #ArmorEmblemisBestEmblem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
All you plebs suggesting garbage Fire Emblem music for Smash. There's only one Fire Emblem track that's needed.

And yeah, I know this is from a spin-off or crossover or whatever, but it's still Fire Emblem
Nah, we gotta go full on cancer with this one:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I hope this song plays during Goku's reveal trailer.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
I liked it. While I have a love/hate relationship with the game, I do like that it's getting representation in some capacity, which is fitting because of how incredibly successful it was and still is. I think most people are harping on it either because A. They're not FE fans and it's "more FE bias" or B. They just would have preferred a song from a different game in the series, which is fair.
Well, damn. That remix only makes me more sad that I don't have a way to play FE Heroes.
With my experience that's a good thing buddy :p

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Fire Emblem Heroes music in Smash? Reinhardt might actually get a trophy?

One sorta obscure Pokemon song I'd like in Smash is the remix of the main theme that plays in Black and White (and the sequels) when you get the Leader down to their last Pokemon

Damn! It's like a DJ battle in here! Niiiiiiiiiice.

I mean... i won't take part in any of this... ... . ... .. . ok just one:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Leon at least looks like a normal human being and dresses like one, while still having an iconic design/personality that's not generic and fits well within the realm of video games.

Dante looks like a Final Fantasy OC.

He also has the most indecisive design I've ever seen before in my life.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Dante start out as a prototype for Leon in a Resident Evil sequel that just got too far removed from Resident Evil?

Or is that just some rumor? I mean it makes sense considering Kamiya's involvement in DMC AND Resident Evil 2.

Last edited:

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing Dragalia Lost is a bit too late for even a trophy? No idea when they started on that.

And the Pokemon song I want is already in Smash, so... hmm.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
To be fair, at least with the variants thing, they make those decisions months beforehand, so they really don't know what the fans want until several months later when the deed had been done. There was a lot of backlash over Legendary Lucina but it's not like they could have known that "Oh wait they want Alm/Micaiah/Seliph/etc" they just go with what works and I don't blame them. The powercreep and fanservice stuff, that's another topic for another day and a different thread.
Almost no banner since the Zelgius one has featured entirely new characters. I gave them the benefit of the doubt at first, but I'm past that point by now.

I haven't gotten excited for new hero reveals in a long time because I know the main attraction of the next banner is always going to be a character who's already in the game but now they have a horse or tome or something for some reason.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
That remix was wack, I really want to hear the Destiny (Ablaze) remix from Lucina’s character trailer.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
FEH music? FEH MUSIC? By far the most pleasant surprise in the game.
With this and the random Chrom/Lucina team battle Nintendo uploaded I feel spoiled

D

Deleted member

All I am asking is we get these two songs. ( I want the original version of Cynthia's theme. )

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Dante start out as a prototype for Leon in a Resident Evil sequel that just got too far removed from Resident Evil?

Or is that just some rumor? I mean it makes sense considering Kamiya's involvement in DMC AND Resident Evil 2.
That's correct, one of the early designs for Resident Evil 4's Leon got reworked into Dante.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Almost no banner since the Zelgius one has featured entirely new characters. I gave them the benefit of the doubt at first, but I'm past that point by now.

I haven't gotten excited for new hero reveals in a long time because I know the main attraction of the next banner is always going to be a character who's already in the game but now they have a horse or tome or something for some reason.
Well uh, we got some leaks and

Oh would you look at that a new character from FE4 :p
Anyways how about them Smash Bros, mm yes sure love me some of those and not FE crap that's for sure.
Tell me this song doesn't belong in Smash. You can't. Because it does.
Can I get a Champion Hau remix please and thank you

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
lol what? Bayonetta guns look like guns. shes not Samus or something.
They're big, clunky, bright blue, have dangly jewels, and a glowing light.

I've seen children's toys which looked more convincing.

(Thought that may just be a side-effect of living in America)

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Nice, I like the variety they're going with remixes and FEH was pretty surprising. And I'm sure we'll be getting Shadows of Valentia music, even if it's their original form.
I also agree with whoever said music may be tied to character reveals. But even then, they're clearly limiting it to one new series per song at a time and that makes me happy for the potential of what we're going to hear in the coming days!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
( I want the original version of Cynthia's theme. )
Oh, but that remix from 4 is epic! I love the piano bit in there. Can't wait to get to the My Music secion here.

That's the one thing I'm scared of. I hate unlocking music, so since we're getting all stages from the start, I kinda want all music as well, just leave trophies or alt costumes to be challenge rewards. I already know I'm going to have to spend hours trying to sort the music out properly.

Half of me wants to just get started early and assume all songs will get ported over so I can already start planning which songs go to which stage. I love the freedom we have to put any music on any stage from the franchise, but now it's "Does the Ocarina medley fit best on BotW's tower, or TP's bridge, or Skyloft...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom