• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm a little disappointed some of you haven't tried the DMC games. Most of them are good.

Still, as far as third parties go, I'd rather have Heihachi or Ryu Hayabusa (or another Mega Man character) before Dante. Though at this point they could add nearly anyone and I'd be fine with it.

DmC: Devil May Cry
Saiyan Shades.gif

You sure about that?

the game itself isn't horrible, but it's is rather try-hard.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If his trophy description doesn't read "Magic is Everything" Smash is dead to me.

Mm that is a respectable opinion Sir or Madame, HOWEVER I DISAGREE

Colress' theme plays bass boosted while I sip my tea even harder
*N's Theme playing in the background*
SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THIS AMAZING MUSIC
Team Plasma might be the biggest wimp out in the history of Nintendo's writing. They could have been so cool if they'd been earnest about their cause, but Nintendo couldn't allow actual moral ambiguity in a Pokemon game so they wrote Ghestis to turn them into cartoony villains who were obviously and completely wrong so the player would be 100% clearly in the right. Just imagine how much better of a game BW would have been if Ghestis didn't exist at all, if Team Plasma were 100% run by N, and if the organization throughout legitimately believed in N's cause. It would have even fit the truth vs idealism theme that Reshiram and Zekrom had going on too; the whole game would have just worked a lot better that way.

That's basically what their theme makes me think of.
That's completely ignoring the point that N genuinely believed in his goals and that Team Plasma was actually split between those who thought they were working for a good cause and those who were in it for power. Ghetsis is a man who abused a noble goal for his own personal gain, a perfect example of how cult-like groups gain power in the real world, Team Plasma was created with that intention, with a Messiah figure, and a message used to fill a sense of justice in those with good intentions and as a weapon against those who would stand in their way at the same time.
N was a victim who was led to perceive things the way Ghetsis wanted, and his whole world was shattered by the game's events. Ghetsis was never supposed to be sympathetic or morally ambiguous because he doesn't represent what Team Plasma stands for, N does. N is the one who has to question his own truth and ideals and find out if his goals were truly just or just lies fed to him by someone who cared nothing but their own personal goal.

But yeah, you're right, there's no moral ambiguity or nuance in BW but go off I guess.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Also, we only have, like, 4 tracks from Unova(Route 10 and 23, Zekrom/Reshiram Battle and the N's Castle Medley that doesn't have the staircase theme for some reason) so give me the best villainous team theme
Yasssss, give me both B&W and B2&W2 versions, original or remixed

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So people have posted a lot of characters they think will make in, but how MANY characters do you guys think will be added in addition to the new ones? For example 5 newcomers and 6 more echos?

Roberk

Smash Champion
>Imagine being mad about 1 song out of 900+
>from a game that has outperformed the entire FE series many times over
>that isn't even bad, it's quite catchy actually.

It's hard to take the Smash fanbase seriously sometimes.

Hey if it was a song from FEH it could've been the enemy phase music, count your blessings.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pffft, nah. You'll get another Marth clone: Super Saiyan Marth.
:ultpit:vs:ultmarth:
Battle of the Super Saiyans
If Reinhardt was introduced in Smash Bros. Ultimate, this would be the competitive Ultimate tier list.
View attachment 159062

Do not forget that Vegeta is just a vegetable.
He is nutritious and good for you. Also pretty tasty.
Oh that would be lovely! 60-paged essays for sure!
View attachment 159058
His splash screen could be something like "REINHARDT GIVES IT HIS ALL"
keep this monster away from me
>Imagine being mad about 1 song out of 900+
>from a game that has outperformed the entire FE series many times over
>that isn't even bad, it's quite catchy actually.

It's hard to take the Smash fanbase seriously sometimes.
Well known and will never change

D

Deleted member

So people have posted a lot of characters they think will make in, but how MANY characters do you guys think will be added in addition to the new ones? For example 5 newcomers and 6 more echos?
I think there's going to be 4 more unique characters max. My guess work on echoes has been really shoddy, but I don't expect any more than 3 additional echoes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Newcomers: 6-8.
Echoes: 8-10.

For all the buzz around the Vergeben leak, people disregard entirely how he said at least/at minimum 6 characters after E3. Not just 6.
That means we're down to 4, and I'd be willing to bet we'll see a bit more then that.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Looks like we got our first piece from a Nintendo mobile game tonight. Guess this means Pocket Camp and Miitomo will probably get stuff too.
Those two could get something...but Super Mario Run and Pokémon Go (if they have music) are probably more likely...Mitomo stage please

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
As a follow-up, how many more directs do you think there will be and how many characters will they show in each?

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
I think 4 for both. An extra echo or two if we're lucky

As a follow-up, how many more directs do you think there will be and how many characters will they show in each?
Smash-centric, only one (with again, 2 newcomers and 2 or 3 more echoes). But pretty sure we'll get a new general Direct and they'll shoo in a newcomer trailer

StormC

Smash Hero
A September General Direct with 1 reveal.
A November Smash Direct with 2 reveals and the last few echoes.

Maybe a Robin/Lucina type trailer uploaded in October... but not nearly as confident in that as these first two.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Hopefully 3 for each month until release but realistically 1, most likely being in either October or November. Since Sakurai said that he'd reveal every character before launch, if the latter were to be true, then every character would be revealed in that one direct unless there's a general Nintendo Direct that has a Smash segment in it.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
2 more directs .
3 remaining newcomers. Geno. Bandanna dee. Llyod.

5 more echos.

Shadow, ken, octoling, isebelle, black shadow

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
One Smash Direct in November and One Nintendo Direct with a Smash reveal in October

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
On that note, here's who I think the remaining newcomers are.
Geno, Bandana Dee, Incineroar, Isaac. We could see Skull Kid, Banjo-Kazooie as well.
I also want to push my luck and say Paper Mario could finally make the cut as well. What do you guys think on that?

Oh, and Echoes? Isabelle, Ken, Black Shadow, Black Knight, Shadow the Hedgehog, Dixie Kong. We could also see Impa, Ninten, Dry Bowser, Birdo, and Funky Kong, though I'm much less sure on those.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
All you plebs suggesting garbage Fire Emblem music for Smash. There's only one Fire Emblem track that's needed.

And yeah, I know this is from a spin-off or crossover or whatever, but it's still Fire Emblem
You know as much flak as this game didn't think it was really that bad, will admit this particular scene maybe had a bit too much cheese.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
General direct in September with 1 unique and 1 echo, a standalone trailer in October ala Robin with one newcomer and 1 echo. Smash direct early November with 2 unique and 3 echoes. I could also see a standalone trailer being an echo showcase as an alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom