• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
So who else has had some of their most wanteds decomfirmed? For me, Bomberman and Shovel Knight being AT’s really hurt me. Also, Meowth and Raichu as Pokeballs, even if they were more longshots. In fact, these guys are my most wanted after Rare characters and Elma.
Please let Banjo, Dixie, and Elma in Smash!

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Hard to play catch up here but i would LOVE Dante being in smash, he is my 2nd request after phoenix wright

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So who else has had some of their most wanteds decomfirmed? For me, Bomberman and Shovel Knight being AT’s really hurt me. Also, Meowth and Raichu as Pokeballs, even if they were more longshots. In fact, these guys are my most wanted after Rare characters and Elma.
My sig should say plenty.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Untitled.png

I don't think people knew he was my #1 until I mentioned him.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
My 2 most wanted were Ridley and Ashley. I got one of em at least. Considering my apathy for a large majority of Smash 4's newcomers this game has me plenty satisfied already.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Geno is the one character i'm like, 100% confident in. Even characters like Incineroar or Isabelle I think have like 95% chances.
After Ridley and K Rool i'd be surprised to not see Geno.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
No one from my sig has, so I'm good… for now, lol

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I only have one most wanted. I'm safe for now

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
The only two on my top ten that are gone so far are Midna and Krystal, so I'm still pretty well off. At least Krystal is an AT this time.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ashley for me. It would've been great to see her here, and i'm not sure if she'll ever get in future Smash games.
Ashley was too cool for you losers anyway! She would've been top tier, you couldn't handle her!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Geno is the one character i'm like, 100% confident in. Even characters like Incineroar or Isabelle I think have like 95% chances.
After Ridley and K Rool i'd be surprised to not see Geno.
What makes you not confident in Shadow?

Ashley for me. It would've been great to see her here, and i'm not sure if she'll ever get in future Smash games.
Ashley was too cool for you losers anyway! She would've been top tier, you couldn't handle her!
I remember that one tweet from the guy going "seeing Ashley deconfirmed was like seeing a sibling die" and it was pretty pitiful to watch.
Extremists are pretty wild, yo.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
RIP Waluigi, Captain Toad, and Starfy.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
All the guys I wanted back are in(:ultmegaman::ultryu::ultlittlemac::ultike::ultwolf::ultsnake::ultsamus::ultzss::ultganondorf::ultmario::ultluigi::ultpacman:) and 4 new characters I wanted in made it(:ultdarksamus::ultridley::ultkrool::ultsimon:)

Though for my ***** Bomberman, Shovel Knight, Knuckles, and yes even you Zero(though I'd heavily prefer any of the other Mega Men over him.) And for all the Waluigi and even Lyn fans.

Pour One Out for the Homeboys.gif

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Pretty much just Bomberman at the moment.

66.7% of my avatar should explain the rest.

Noipoi

Howdy!
What makes you not confident in Shadow?

I remember that one tweet from the guy going "seeing Ashley deconfirmed was like seeing a sibling die" and it was pretty pitiful to watch.
Extremists are pretty wild, yo.
I'm very confident in Shadow, he's one of the most likely echoes imo. I also believe Shadow's got a 95% chance to get in, Incineroar and Isabelle were just examples of characters I think are very likely.

I wouldn't call myself an Ashley extremist, I just really love the character and i'm sad she won't ever get a chance.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wouldn't call myself an Ashley extremist, I just really love the character and i'm sad she won't ever get a chance.
Considering the amount of /v/ screenshots I've seen that leaked your own twitter, you're perceived as one by some I assume. I'll take your word for it.

I know that pain though, I don't think Waluigi will ever shine through just because of how Sakurai views him.

LetterO

Smash Lord
here's my predictions (again)

A Gen 7 Rep - Probably will be Incineroar, Decidueye, or Lycanrock

Geno - Insanely popular and Sakurai also wants him in

Isaac - Also insanely popular and is currently missing as an assist (though it could just be another smash 4 situation)

Bandana Dee - Also also insanely popular

Skull Kid - Was also also also popular back then. Furniture hints and a Moon assist is also big factors

Chorus Kids / Karate Joe - I believe CK were the scrapped RH rep from Smash 4 (I consider Gematsu leak legit). Also assuming Sakurai most likely already had a moveset planned for them, and with the trend of him returning to old ideas such as Chrom and Ridley, I can see CK making a comeback despite not being all that popular. Karate Joe can also work as he's shown up for all 4 RH games thus far. Rhythm Heaven is also super popular in Japan, and it's a series in dire need of representation that isnt a few trophies, a Smash Run enemy, and two songs on a now unplayable stage.

Echoes: Isabelle, Shadow, Dixie, Funky, Black Knight, Ken, Black Shadow, Octoling

Probably DLC: Spring-Man, Rex & Pyra

People I really want but probably aren't happening: Phoenix Wright, 9 & 18 Volt, Dr. Eggman, Chibi-Robo, Impa

Noipoi

Howdy!
Considering the amount of /v/ screenshots I've seen that leaked your own twitter, you're perceived as one by some I assume. I'll take your word for it.

I know that pain though, I don't think Waluigi will ever shine through just because of how Sakurai views him.
I don't have a twitter, what are you talking about? Could you show me a screen shot?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Waluigi and Mumkhar so far though all my most wanted are pretty unlikely imo.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I remember making a tweet about wanting a leak about Ashley to real. For some reason that gained a lot of traction and I have no idea why.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Assuming nobody has seen this already. For the Ice Climbers, there you go.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't have a twitter, what are you talking about? Could you show me a screen shot?
Unless there was another Noipoi with an Ashley avatar with the quote "had fun with all my Ashleys" (I don't have the exact link on me right now, I can dig through archives whenever I care enough to do it), then that was you my dude.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Nintendo could simply upload a video like Snake vs K. Rool every day, showing 2 different fighters each time, and I would be content until release.

All I wanna know is how each character functions with the new mechanics and see what they can offer in competitive scenarios.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Unless there was another Noipoi with an Ashley avatar with the quote "had fun with all my Ashleys" (I don't have the exact link on me right now, I can dig through archives whenever I care enough to do it), then that was you my dude.
I know this sounds like i'm lying but I swear to God I actually don't have a twitter.
That means there's another Noipoi out there on twitter who loves Ashley.
Truth really is stranger than fiction.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Espio264

Smash Ace
Some thoughts on the “leakers”.

I believe Vergeben and Loz18. I think they have legitimate sources, and leak things slowly because their sources don’t wanna blow the whole roster for fear of getting caught. Verge would give us the whole list in a heartbeat, he likes the attention to an extent, but the sources throw him an Isabelle here and a Ken there to keep things interesting, while covering their tracks. Verge does the whole, it’s a 7th Gen but not Decidueye thing to draw out his news for attention and Loz touts Skull Kid out there because he’s genuinely excited for a Loz character.

The CEO leaker is likely full of crap. Anyone who had access to any copy of the demo was likely monitored while it was out of Nintendo’s care, and could only have been one of a select few people. Dude would have been immediately outed as the leaker by stating, “I worked at CEO and had access to the game”. As far as guessing Richter goes, he’s just somebody who knows Castlevania and wanted to say something interesting that Verge didn’t say before him. If you watch any of the Direct reaction videos, Gamexplain, Source Gaming, Alax, Rogersbase, Aaronitmar, Papagenos, Billybo10K, etc., the people who knew who Richter was were genuinely surprised and excited when he showed up, and the others immediately admitted to not being familiar with the character. They see the merit to bringing Richter in alongside Simon, understand his popularity, but also get why he’s the echo and would never have been considered as the first or possibly only Castlevania rep. Simon is the focus of that reveal trailer, and they’ve been working on his inclusion for a long time. No one datamining the game would find Richter but no trace of Simon. It’s just dumb to think this was “a special demo where they scrubbed a handful of the unannounced characters but not all of them in case it gets datamined so they don’t discover everybody”.

Dark Samus and Chrom were echoes on my roster before the Direct too, not hard to guess. Gardevoir is a valid choice, but Gothitelle makes Dark Pit look like Mario. Just no. This guy had a lucky guess in Richter, that’s it.

And on to Dante. No. The guy had factual info on DMCV, yes. That doesn’t mean he knows all the Dante info period, or anything on Smash for that matter.

Yes, we wanted to believe Verge based on his leaks on other games, but that didn’t mean he knew anything about Ultimate. It wasn’t until he actually got things right time and again (about Ultimate) that we considered him reliable. Until Dante shows up, and I really don’t see it, we have no reason to believe anything. If I had bombshell info on anything, was willing to leak it with some level of anonymity, I’d definitely use that platform to screw with people, and who better to screw with than the fiery fanbase that is us Smash fans.

Hey, but maybe I’m wrong. Bomberman and Knuckles are out, I want Paper Mario.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
So people have posted a lot of characters they think will make in, but how MANY characters do you guys think will be added in addition to the new ones? For example 5 newcomers and 6 more echos?
I feel certain that there's at least 4 more unique newcomers, not sure on an upper limit but I would be surprised if it went over 8 more, pretty much inline with my constant thinking since E3 that there will be 8-12 unique newcomers total. For Echoes I feel there's at least 3 more (I think Isabelle, Ken, and Shadow are essentially locks at this point), there could be a few more after that as there's certainly more Echo candidates that are very plausible, but I don't think it will get crazy like some people are predicting and I wouldn't be particularly surprised if those three are what's left of the Echoes.

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Made this mock up in photoshop of what I think the final roster might be
3 newcomers
6 echoes

Reasoning :
Dixie - Is Diddys echo. She lacks a jab finisher and her up b is her hair twirl. Visually her popgun is bubblegum shots. EXTREMELY popular character and has been wanted for years, and was cut from brawl.

Black Knight - Ike echo. Slightly tweaked animations. Up B is a warp like zeldas. The most popular FE villain and canonically has the same fighting style as ike. Would work to add a villain to the FE reps and would be very easy. Also had a mii outfit, the general in the back of castle siege was changed, and ikes black knight skin was tweaked.
Isabelle - A super popular character. Animations are different from villagers but is very similar. Has been leaked several times (dont believe leaks but eh) and had a mii outfit. Also missing from the ATs
Medusa - Relatively popular villain and the only NES era villain missing as well as nintendos main girl villain, something smash still lacks. DA and bair lack a shield and her specials are palus other specials from s4 since customs are gone.
Shadow - Missing AT and super popular. Up B is a warp. Mostly animation differences.
Ken - the first echo fighter ever. Also the only char aside from ryu who had a trophy or music in Smash 4. Up B and side b are multi hit and up b has fire effects
Skull Kid - Insanely popular, several hints at him already, missing AT that was replaced completely, only other zelda char that is on the level of the main 3.
Isaac - can be the retro pick I guess. HUGE fan demand, still missing from the ATs and was a super popular ballot choice.
Banjo - The only char i can honestly think to top ridley or K rool with most people. While I dont care about him, I know hes insanely popular to a ludicrous degree. Rare and microsoft both said theyd want to see him in last game but have been strangely quiet this time around

That would most certainly be the ultimate roster.

(also have to acknowledge the Komi-chan avatar. great manga)

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I still think there's a lot of hindsight speaking with Dark Samus. I heard a lot of "it's a demo and not all the costumes are in" stuff regarding Samus' missing alt. Dark Samus hasn't been relevant for over 10 years so she wasn't as obvious as I think people are making it out to be. I know I know, relevance talk, but Metroid was never a huge seller.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
It being from a mobile game isn't the issue. Being a terrible choice for a song to fight to, and a horrendously boring remix (done by the same original composer, same instrumentation but sped up) is the issue. It's a forgettable, irritating track in the game it's originally from. Here it's not much better. And annoyingly, it takes the place of any other FE remixes we might've gotten.
Never think of things in a "it took the place of something better"..it could just as likely been something worse or pulled a DK and given us yet another remix of a song with multiple remixes already.
My biggest wants that got deconfirmed..
- Krystal
- Ashley
- Lyn
- Waluigi

My biggest wants that are still in the running (even if some are very unlikely)
- Gardevoir
- Dixie Kong
- Medusa
- Princess Hilda
- Geno
- Sora
- Shantae
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Zack Fair
- Raichu
- Impa
- Isabelle

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Just Waluigi & Krystal atm.

Takamaru, Bomberman, Goroh, & Meowth were also characters I’ve loved to see but not to full extent.

Noipoi

Howdy!
My biggest wants at this point are Geno, Incineroar, Isabelle, Bandanna Dee, and Banjo (the wild card).
I've learned from the mistake I made hoping for Ashley. All these characters are not only characters I like, they've also got very good chances!
(except Banjo, that's why he's the wild card.)

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
My biggest wants at his point are Geno, Incineroar, Isabelle, Bandanna Dee, and Banjo (the wild card).
I've learned from the mistake I made hoping for Ashley. All these characters are not only characters I like, they've also got very good chances!
(except Banjo, that's why he's the wild card.)
Why does Banjo have a low possibility? It’s not only possible, Phil Spencer is just waiting for it. Maybe Sakurai isn’t into it. Maybe Banjo wasn’t a great presence on the ballot. But Phil invites them to do so and we all know it. I don’t know what kind of deal it would take, I don’t know what Phil wants out of it, but the facts we have say “It’s up to Sora Ltd.” It’s a decision away for base-game or DLC.

Speaking of which, let’s not pretend this won’t have DLC. It’s more than likely a requirement by Nintendo.

Noipoi

Howdy!
THAT'S WHAT THEY ALL SAY.
Dude. Bro. Dudebro. Look me dead in the eyes and tell me after Ridley and K Roll this isn't the best shot Geno's ever had.
Look me dead in the eyes and tell me Isabelle wouldn't be an easy echo to implement. Look me dead in the eyes and tell me Incineroar isn't one of the more likely Alola Newcomers.
I'm not saying they're shoo ins, but they've all got good chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom