• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
What do you think about this:

ZACK FAIR AS AN ECHO FIGHTER OF CLOUD STRIFE
Sounds good, sounds really good.
I’ll see that and raise you an Ichigo Kurosaki as an echo fighter for Cloud.
As long as he shout "GETSUGA TENSHO!" and have his Bankai form
Or his 2nd Advanced Bankai form after his Fullbring was stolen
as his alt. Then we got a deal.

I'd like to stop everyone saying "part of Nintendo history" when referring to a game that's made by Nintendo.

By virtue of being a video game made by Nintendo, does that not automatically make every track from it and every other Nintendo game, "part of nintendo history"?

It's kinda redundant.
his·to·ry (ˈhist(ə)rē/) , noun : the whole series of past events connected with someone or something.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, we only have, like, 4 tracks from Unova(Route 10 and 23, Zekrom/Reshiram Battle and the N's Castle Medley that doesn't have the staircase theme for some reason) so give me the best villainous team theme

blackghost

Smash Champion
They're big, clunky, bright blue, have dangly jewels, and a glowing light.

I've seen children's toys which looked more convincing.

(Thought that may just be a side-effect of living in America)
i also live in america i've seen actual functioning guns that look like bayo's. god bless america.

i cannot get behind leon. im not too into the character archetype "normal dude with a gun." the only exception I make is laura croft and she qualifies as superhuman these days anyway.

do people really not get how good FE heroes does? i know we have some nintendo traditionalists and purists but FE heores is printing money for nintendo and Fjorm is at th ehead of it. something to keep in mind when DLC rolls around also only like a 1% chance she'd be a marth clone so thats great as well.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Can I get a Champion Hau remix please and thank you
YES! Or just a remix of Hau's theme in general!
My current dream for this game is hearing a rocking remix of this theme during a Silvally reveal trailer.
I'm more of an Incineroar guy, but I can't deny Silvally would be awesome. The memory discs could make an interesting moveset.
Also, we only have, like, 4 tracks from Unova(Route 10 and 23, Zekrom/Reshiram Battle and the N's Castle Medley that doesn't have the staircase theme for some reason) so give me the best villainous team theme
Team Plasma is actually the best and they deserve more love. They're right up there with Team Skull for me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Please do not.
Too late
No Chuckles and Flex Muscles
I'd like to stop everyone saying "part of Nintendo history" when referring to a game that's made by Nintendo.

By virtue of being a video game made by Nintendo, does that not automatically make every track from it and every other Nintendo game, "part of nintendo history"?

It's kinda redundant.
Compared to the constant topics about Goku/Pokémon reps/too many Fire Emblem reps/Sakurai Bias/Demand/Thirst for more info/Reboots/Multiple Cuts, talks about Nintendo history is nothing

Mutsukki

Smash Ace

It's kinda redundant.
Yes, which is exactly why people are repeating this to everyone complaining it comes from a mobile game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

It's kinda redundant.
I was specifically refering to the people that were complaining because it was a mobile game.

I wasn't arguing for this specific game but Nintendo's mobile games.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Omg yes, finally someone else who thinks that Team Plasma has the best theme. Now let's see how many people I get angry when I say that Hugh has best rival theme tea sipping intensifies

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
If we get a Gen 7 remix and it isn't Gladion's theme with 15 more slap bass guitars I will be disappointed.

D

Deleted member

Omg yes, finally someone else who thinks that Team Plasma has the best theme. Now let's see how many people I get angry when I say that Hugh has best rival theme tea sipping intensifies
You're wrong because the best rival theme is Silver's.
*Sips tea harder*

D

Deleted member

Anyone who says the Unova generation was bad, they have to learn what real taste is.
The Unova generation got me into Pokémon. It is my second favorite generation.
He'll be the first DLC character ;)

Oh no this man is going to break the meta of Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Team Plasma might be the biggest wimp out in the history of Nintendo's writing. They could have been so cool if they'd been earnest about their cause, but Nintendo couldn't allow actual moral ambiguity in a Pokemon game so they wrote Ghestis to turn them into cartoony villains who were obviously and completely wrong so the player would be 100% clearly in the right. Just imagine how much better of a game BW would have been if Ghestis didn't exist at all, if Team Plasma were 100% run by N, and if the organization throughout legitimately believed in N's cause. It would have even fit the truth vs idealism theme that Reshiram and Zekrom had going on too; the whole game would have just worked a lot better that way.

That's basically what their theme makes me think of.

Darches

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2105-9602-3489
I'm not really a fan of things like shorthop arbitrarily reducing damage (-15%). So much for keeping the game casual friendly! The whole point of shorthop was to have more moves available at ground level for variety, but the problem is aerials are often lagless compared to ground moves. If the dev team is trying to encourage less aerial spam... At that point you should just consider nerfing aerials in general. OR, using the amazing lag method described in Darches' Smash. EH? EH? EHHHHH?

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Hugh's theme is exactly what would play if Megaman X was your rival in Pokemon.

Which is a Hugh (heh...) compliment

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So, tonight's new music was...unexpected.

If anything, this shows that while the project started at the tail end of 2015, they did leave some room for maneuverability to bring in stuff from games that released a ways into development. Does it mean we'll see one of Heroes' OCs get in as a newcomer? Probably not--it was still one of Nintendo's first forays into mobile gaming, and would've been just as risky as adding a newcomer from an IP that hadn't been revealed yet. Sakurai's always taken a "wait and see" approach to situations like these.

However...we could see some other secondary content come about from this. Trophies of Alfonse and Sharena? More Fire Emblem ATs? Maybe even another echo fighter, based on the rankings of the first Choose Your Legends poll...

blazefan519

Smash Ace

If anything, this shows that while the project started at the tail end of 2015, they did leave some room for maneuverability to bring in stuff from games that released a ways into development. Does it mean we'll see one of Heroes' OCs get in as a newcomer? Probably not--it was still one of Nintendo's first forays into mobile gaming, and would've been just as risky as adding a newcomer from an IP that hadn't been revealed yet. Sakurai's always taken a "wait and see" approach to situations like these.

However...we could see some other secondary content come about from this. Trophies of Alfonse and Sharena? More Fire Emblem ATs? Maybe even another echo fighter, based on the rankings of the first Choose Your Legends poll...
I hardly would give it that much thought. Music takes significantly less time to make so if Sakurai was like "Oh hey this game is super popular, lemme just get the composer to remix a song from it" and it can be done in a months time, really even shorter than that.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I have never heard of Dante before and I don't know if I want him in smash but that clip is the best thing I've seen all week. How many devil may cry games are on PS4? I've got some Birthday money to spend and I want these games.
Literally all of them.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sounds good, sounds really good.

As long as he shout "GETSUGA TENSHO!" and have his Bankai form
Or his 2nd Advanced Bankai form after his Fullbring was stolen
as his alt. Then we got a deal.
Nah, just replace the Limit Break with Bankai Break. Charging that up to max transforms him into Bankai ichigo thus giving him higher attack and speed with his specials. And his FS is the [SPOILER REDACTED] that you mentioned.

And of course this idea would matter if Ichiho would be a serious contender for a roster spot. Which he isn’t.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

Music is far easier to implement later in development than a new character that wasn't originally planned. Samus Returns has at least 1 track in the game and that released later in 2017. Several things can be added later in development but I can't see a unique character being one of them.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
The funny thing is, they're all actually really unique for being just the same guy at separate levels of power.
Kek very true. Although with Base, Super Saiyan, and Super Saiyan Blue, there are some reused animation, but yeah they're all mechanically different.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
I've been thinking about this for a while, but I think the music on site may be a good indicator of which characters from certain franchises will get into Smash. For example, no Pokémon music may indicate that they'll reveal a new pokémon character alongside their music(That Gen 7 Battle Theme in the Direct perhaps). The Donkey Kong remix was was revealed the next week after King K. Rool was revealed. As of right now, we have been getting only a single track per series. It's not impossible to guess that they'll keep the remixes hidden for the series until the release of a character.

That being said, I can be completely wrong. Just a thought really.
I think you could be right but that would mean no new Zelda characters :c
But it makes sense. Especially when considering Isabelle is so rumored, and no Animal Crossing music is in the website for example. Same with Xenoblade

D

Deleted member

If Reinhardt was introduced in Smash Bros. Ultimate, this would be the competitive Ultimate tier list.
234235253.png

Don't forget the two Gohans that are half a Goku each and Gotenks who is 25% Goku

Do not forget that Vegeta is just a vegetable.
He is nutritious and good for you. Also pretty tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom