• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I was 10 years old when I saw a commercial of real people wearing big headed, fluffy costumes of Mario, Yoshi, Pikachu and DK running around punching and kicking each other.

How old am I?
You're old fam

And I remember that when I was 6. Man did I enjoyed that so much seeing Pikachu randomly with the trio

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Alright, here's a real question here:

It's like 2025 and Smash 6 is finally revealed. Echoes are a thing, and so is Chrom, but Roy is out and for some psychic reason we know he's out of base for good. Is Chrom still considered an Echo? If Roy came back through DLC, would he be an Echo of his own Echo?
Well, if you want a serious answer, I'd say it depends on whether or not he's been changed.

If he's been diversified from Roy, then he'd no longer be Roy's echo, and could probably gain a designation of his own. However, if he's still the same, he'd probably still be considered a Roy Echo.

Remember that all Smash characters are now designated with a number, and that Echoes don't have a unique number. So if Chrom were to be readded, he'd probably still be internally classified as 25E. Whether or not that's still be the standard system for characters at that point, I don't know, but it's probably good to keep in mind.

Were Roy to be readded to the game later, he'd probably still be fighter #25, and Chrom would still be his Echo.

Chrom/Roy isn't the same as, say, Simon/Richter. They weren't introduced at the same time, Roy as a whole came first. Both his inclusion and his remade moveset were set in stone long before Chrom as a playable character ever graced Smash, so it wouldn't make sense to make Roy an Echo of Chrom, since Chrom is the one who takes from Roy.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It might just be a placeholder or something, R.O.B is the only fighter without a stage.
I honestly wouldn't mind R.O.B. having a stage. It's just unfortunate that he only has Stack Up to rely on. :ultrob:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Anyone else just think how much content we could get knowing that Sakurai is only working on 1 game instead of 2 games on separate consoles?

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
There's a recent user who shows up in the Yoshi sub-forum who displays his age as 48. I don't know if I believe that...
I don’t really doubt it. I know an older gamer here in my hometown. He bought me my first Marvel T-shirt when I was about 6. He’s gotta be in his late 50’s and he’s still a nerd. Lol

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Even though the two games R.O.B. is associated with aren't exactly masterpieces, they can still translate to interesting stage ideas...
There's should be a stage where you need a real ROB to trigger the stage hazards... of course it be tournament legal since a real ROB takes forever to do something

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You know how Sakurai said they were going to show every character before release? Well, when that happens, I kind of hope they do a new "Everyone is Here" trailer with all the newcomers. Guys like Wolf would also benefit from it since some of the models were a little rough in the first one.
Oh god I remember that commercial. I like how the fight starts with Mario stirring **** with my boi and the end of it is my boi bopping DK unconscious...
Your boy wishes he had the same level of bond with his Pokemon Trainer that Zard has with his.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Who isn't a safe pick? This is a serious question, who's been suggested but not really a safe option?

- Ayumi
- Mach Rider
- Pretty much any NES character at this point
- Captain Rainbow
- Chrono
- any SEGA character that isn't from Sonic

yeah that's all i got

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Even before Richter I thought Ken was just as likely to happen as Shadow. Whether or not Vergeben is giving more info or just making a prediction, I have a feeling Ken and Shadow will simultaneously be the last two Echoes to be revealed.
Verg's saying Ken?

Well, not a hard thing to predict but, hell I want Ken.
Ken's a pretty safe pick really, he's the perfect choice for an echo fighter so it doesn't do much for Verg really.
Before this gets out of hand, Ken shows up on way, way fewer "leaks" than any of the other "safe" echoes. Should people have considered him an obvious pick? Probably.

But have they? No.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Un-Safe Picks:
- Waluigi
- Meowth
- Kraid
- Lord Fredrick
- Dr. Luigi
But half of those are already deconfirmed, they need to be at least been referenced before in some shape or form by a niche audience.
well actually i guess that kinda doesnt make sense and makes me a hypocrite but deconfirms shouldnt be allowed

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
That seems to have more validity then the recent "leaks" at least, but I won't hold my breath still. R.O.B. desperately needs the stage though...
but................... he already has one...................

Why doesn't this stage have an icon here someone should fix that

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Who isn't a safe pick? This is a serious question, who's been suggested but not really a safe option?

- Ayumi
- Mach Rider
- Captain Rainbow
- Chrono

yeah that's all i got
Goku, I wouldn’t say Master Chief is actually safe despite being possible, .....Waluigi....

Shroob

Sup?
Before this gets out of hand, Ken shows up on way, way fewer "leaks" than any of the other "safe" echoes. Should people have considered him an obvious pick? Probably.

But have they? No.
Oh, I know Ken isn't as safe as people assume.

But as someone who likes Street Fighter, I just REALLY want Ken.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So who’s seen that collage of dante for smash hints?

Or more notably the one supposedly citing his trailer details.

Well if you know that leak, people are thinking maybe it’s real and we actually have lucina fighting the rathalos.

This actually makes a lot of sense and has me putting thought into this leak. I don’t fully buy it but it’s got my attention.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

- Ayumi
- Mach Rider
- Captain Rainbow
- Chrono

yeah that's all i got
I'm gonna add Lip to that one since she's not a safe pick as of late. In fact, she has never appeared in a game yet so can't say she will
Lloyd Irvings is another one

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
There's should be a stage where you need a real ROB to trigger the stage hazards... of course it be tournament legal since a real ROB takes forever to do something
Now that you mention it, what if there was a stage based on Stack-up where you can boss a giant R.O.B. in the background around by pressing pressure plates on the floor, and so, matching up blocks of your player color on the R.O.B’s stand would give you benefits like, say, very small stat boosts.

The controls for the R.O.B. would be very simplified; the buttons would just correspond to each column, and pressing a button for a column would make the R.O.B. quickly either pick up a block from the column or put a block in the column depending on if he’s holding a block already. It’ll be like playing two games at once!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The following are likely not safe at all, especially considering what happened to Ashley.
  1. Isabelle
  2. Skull Kid
  3. Kat & Ana

but................... he already has one...................

Why doesn't this stage have an icon here someone should fix that
Wrecking Crew also kind of serves as R.O.B.'s stage, as Gyromite was a BGM track option for that stage in Smash Wii U.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So who’s seen that collage of dante for smash hints?

Or more notably the one supposedly citing his trailer details.

Well if you know that leak, people are thinking maybe it’s real and we actually have lucina fighting the rathalos.

This actually makes a lot of sense and has me putting thought into this leak. I don’t fully buy it but it’s got my attention.
Wait, what's this about Dante hints?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Not gonna hold my breath on Verge until he clarifies further. This sounds like speculation thus far.

But if he does have info for echos, that changes the scope on Isabelle's status as a unique character or echo a bit. Unless this info is not from the same reliable source that leaked Isabelle.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Huh… well that was predictable i guess, I was wondering when was Verg gonna speak up tho, he was kinda quiet for a while now. So he still has to be proven on Isabelle and Ken now… ok, maybe he now knows more about echoes than he did before?

Possible confirmation we have more than 103 stages coming then?
I don't know why people could doubt getting more than 103 stages. If it's possible to get more music for the obvious reason we get new music with newcomers, stages shouldn't be a surprise either. Of course, it depends on how sakurai treats every newcomer, maybe not all of them will get new music or new stages for that matter. Who knows at this point, it's up to the man himself.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Oh, I know Ken isn't as safe as people assume.

But as someone who likes Street Fighter, I just REALLY want Ken.
You misunderstand. I think Ken is really likely, which is why I've been paying attention to just how often he's left out of "leaks" and predictions. He's the least common "safe" echo choice by far. Which is to say, Ken isn't widely considered safe, even if some of us have thought he is. Sticking Ridley on a leak this is not.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The following are likely not safe at all, especially considering what happened to Ashley.
  1. Isabelle
  2. Skull Kid
  3. Kat & Ana

Wrecking Crew also kind of serves as R.O.B.'s stage, as Gyromite was a BGM track option for that stage in Smash Wii U.
Just because Ashley is an AT does not mean that they will be ATs.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wonder if Ken would play like baby-mode Ryu for people who hate inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom