• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
If they had more series to show off... couldn't they just do what they did with that other mode and blur out the series symbols on the music select?

I'm pretty sure Mario just has so many tracks in Ultimate that they spit it in half for convenience. Ya'll are looking WAY too deep into this.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Quick question: How vertically large (in px) can a signature be for normie users? I gotta know so I get my new signature right.

If they had more series to show off... couldn't they just do what they did with that other mode and blur out the series symbols on the music select?
Dude if that happened we'd already know who'd be coming next. We deciphered Spirits, we would decipher that **** immediately. Definitely a bad idea.
And your theory seems more like hell to manage tracks in than just having one big list, because it's two separate entities controlling one set of stages.

Untouch

Smash Master
Monster Hunter isn't on the music selection, the "other" tab is for music without a stage (it has one) or for series with one game (it isn't one). They've already hidden icons from the My Music sheet.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Alright, here's a real question here:

It's like 2025 and Smash 6 is finally revealed. Echoes are a thing, and so is Chrom, but Roy is out and for some psychic reason we know he's out of base for good. Is Chrom still considered an Echo? If Roy came back through DLC, would he be an Echo of his own Echo?
Here's a question as a Roy main:

Just WHY do people want Roy out or bring these thoughts up? You people don't know how easy it is for the Smash Roy fans to rage over their boy getting cut again

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
And your theory seems more like hell to manage tracks in than just having one big list, because it's two separate entities controlling one set of stages.
Why would the list be split up for My Music? It'd make more sense to separate that many tracks in the Sound Test menu because that's where you're going to casually listen to them.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Just WHY do people want Roy out or bring these thoughts up? You people don't know how easy it is for the Smash Roy fans to rage over their boy getting cut again
I never said Roy should be out, I asked what would Chrom be labeled as if Roy was out but then later brought back?

Though if I did want to do my prophecized Fire Emblem cleansing, Roy would definitely get cut.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sorry to just come in like this, but has the fact that there's two mushroom icons in the sound test been talked about yet? If it has, my apologies for the redundancy. If not, it's definitely weird. I'd assume that one of them is for spin-offs or something.

View attachment 158543
The second mushroom icon is most likely for the Super Mario Kart BGM tracks. In the past Smash Bros. installments, BGM tracks from the Mario Kart series were always placed in their own category.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

It's like 2025 and Smash 6 is finally revealed. Echoes are a thing, and so is Chrom, but Roy is out and for some psychic reason we know he's out of base for good. Is Chrom still considered an Echo? If Roy came back through DLC, would he be an Echo of his own Echo?
Considering that Chrom and Roy are mostly identical, there's no reason to bring back just one and not the other

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I was 10 years old when I saw a commercial of real people wearing big headed, fluffy costumes of Mario, Yoshi, Pikachu and DK running around punching and kicking each other.

How old am I?

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I've played and liked both Banjo's 64 games and the gba one, but i'm for whatever reason somewhat indifferent to banjo for Smash.

But If he's added, I actually like newer design better. Using this as example because stuff like his Eyes and fur looks wrong of all other images of it. I just find his original design kinda bland.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I was 10 years old when I saw a commercial of real people wearing big headed, fluffy costumes of Mario, Yoshi, Pikachu and DK running around punching and kicking each other.

How old am I?
Untitled.png

Whatever this thing says.

I don't own a xbox360 but i must find a way to play this. Thx guys.
I think it's on Xbox One too.

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
If it was a placeholder, I would put it after Castlevania. Cause that's what a "placeholder" is...
because if you called the file marioCOPY mario2.

and dont rename it... it use alphabetical order and/or they just dont want us to know that this is a placeholder.
maybe its just 2 mario icon because too much music song but i bet you can use these 2 .

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

Assuming they keep Chrom the same as he was in Ultimate, they'd probably remove his Echo Fighter status.

If Roy comes back as DLC, he'll probably be listed as an Echo Fighter of Chrom (again, assuming either of them don't get a new moveset).

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I never said Roy should be out, I asked what would Chrom be labeled as if Roy was out but then later brought back?

Though if I did want to do my prophecized Fire Emblem cleansing, Roy would definitely get cut.
I'm sorry if I sounded harsh in my previous comment. I just get tired of seeing the characters that I main or my favorites constantly being cut (Roy, Pichu, Wolf, Mewtwo). This stresses me when I have to see these types of posts and send triggers that may be unnecessary at times.

So to answer your question, Chrom would technically be Luigified because his clone was cut I suppose

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

How old am I?
Oh god I remember that commercial. I like how the fight starts with Mario stirring **** with my boi and the end of it is my boi bopping DK unconscious...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And just like that, Arigarmy is my least favorite.
I'm a lot of people's least favorite.

Assuming they keep Chrom the same as he was in Ultimate, they'd probably remove his Echo Fighter status.

If Roy comes back as DLC, he'll probably be listed as an Echo Fighter of Chrom (again, assuming either of them don't get a new moveset).
Does that make this Roy a fake Roy then? Liquid Roy?

Noipoi

Howdy!

How old am I?
Well seeing as how that trailer originally aired in 1967...i'd say you were about 204 years old.

Untouch

Smash Master
Looking through the smash bros site, there's a stage icon for R.O.B's stages in the .svg file for the icons on the site.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I hate them both, but I'm guessing people would gladly turn their backs on Roy if it meant keeping Chrom. Kind of a cruel stab in the back if you ask me.

Assuming Roy does get cut in the next Smash though (regardless of whether or not he's DLC), I think he's taking Chrom down with him. I honestly can't think of a scenario where Sakurai would deem an Echo more worthy of staying on the roster than the original. We already have 3 Awakening characters, and while Chrom is popular, the same can be said with Ike and Lucina.

You'd be straw-grasping if you tried to make a case for Chrom not getting cut before Roy.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Looking through the smash bros site, there's a stage icon for R.O.B's stages in the .svg file for the icons on the site.
Don't tell me we're getting Mario Bros. 2.0. with Stack Up.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Even before Richter I thought Ken was just as likely to happen as Shadow. Whether or not Vergeben is giving more info or just making a prediction, I have a feeling Ken and Shadow will simultaneously be the last two Echoes to be revealed.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Gardevoir and Gothitelle? Not this again...
Orange Star Trio? Who?
Pokemon Champion? It better be Cynthia...
Orange Star Trio is Goku, Piccolo, and Vegeta ofc

Also Verge says its fake and that Banjo and Kazooie have no chance in Smash

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
As long as Ken doesn't come with his banana peel hair and comes with his more classic look.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There's a recent user who shows up in the Yoshi sub-forum who displays his age as 48. I don't know if I believe that...
LST is in her 30s as well, I think? There's some other users I recall being in their early 30s. But in their late 40s just astounds me. We're all getting too old for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom