• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Isn't it funny that F-Zero and K. Rool get their own lyrics to their songs but Snake Eater just got mega denied?
We're gonna get another remix of it, except this time way more brass heavy throughout the whole thing and the lyrics are delivered in rap form

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You'd be disappointed if Isabelle got in a unique fighter?
Yeah, I’d prefer if she was an Echo of Villager tbh, it doesn’t really make sense for them to go all out with her when she’s just the secretary. That’s just my thoughts though.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
It has occurred to me there's another use for Rosalina in trailers.

Who better to kill than the PUPPET fighter in Skull Kid's trailer.

He's gonna send down the moon on the Comet Observatory, isn't he?
Rosalina, Daisy, and Peach to be killed next confirmed

And extremely frustrating if you're someone like me who wanted both Lucario and Mewtwo. I even saw some mean words getting thrown around about supporters of either character even after Mewtwo DLC was announced. It was ridiculous.
Believe me, I was. At that point I was very positive we were getting Lucario and Mewtwo and we did. But I had to fight tooth and nail for the "flavor of the month" comments I heard too many times

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why would people send me gifs of Ridley and K Rool dabbing?
So I have an excuse to because I think it looks funny.

It's also associated with ****ting on Ashley fans.

We're gonna get another remix of it, except this time way more brass heavy throughout the whole thing and the lyrics are delivered in rap form
So can I get my Meaning of Truth now papa soggy rice?

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Yeah, I’d prefer if she was an Echo of Villager tbh, it doesn’t really make sense for them to go all out with her when she’s just the secretary. That’s just my thoughts though.
But even though she's just the secretary, she's still the mascot of the series and a Nintendo All-Star. If you think she should be an echo, that's fine, and I'd be fine with that, but I think she deserves more

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Wait a minute, I just realized, Young Link was the version of Link in Majora's Mask, and he is back, so.. omg, it all makes sense now.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
It’s time to plaaaaay

Pick

Your

Echo:

Now the rules of the game are simple. I’m going to say a character and you say the echo you want. If the echo is not in the listed choices, say the one you want:

Character 1: Sonic
Metal sonic
Shadow
Classic Sonic
Silver

Character 2: Ryu
Ken
Akuma
Sean

Character 3: Fox
James McCloud (Star Fox)
James McCloud (F Zero)

Character 4: Olimar
Louie
Brittney

Character 5: Link
Shadow Link
Ravio
Ocarina of Time Link

Character 6: Ness
Ninten
Mike Jones

Character 7: Luigi
Dr Luigi
Mr L

Character 8: Zelda
Hilda
Vaati
Zant

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wait a minute, I just realized, Young Link was the version of Link in Majora's Mask, and he is back, so.. omg, it all makes sense now.
I don't know if you're memeing me or if I really gotta do it to ya.

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
So if you were the game director, which series would be overrepped?
For me, Donkey Kong and Pokémon.
Probably DK for me as I'd still add in Dixie and Funky as echoes, hell I might even be tempted to add Cranky since he is the original DK.

Also probably Mega Man depending on if you'd call Zero as playable over representation. Capcom in general would be because I'd also make sure to have Phoenix Wright.

Granted you'd definitely see less FE characters if I were in charge, and maybe some unconventional picks instead like Caeda who I would love to see make it in.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Aw why’d ur dreams die :(
I really like Ashley from Warioware, I think she's a cool character. I really wanted her to be playable this time but once again she's an Assist Trophy.

It sucks because this just means she's never gonna be anything more than a niche character, I thought this might be her chance to break out and show people how cool she is but clearly I was mistaken.

I guess that's what happens when you support a side character from a spin off series instead of a main villain, shame on me I suppose...

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
It’s time to plaaaaay

Pick

Your

Echo:

Now the rules of the game are simple. I’m going to say a character and you say the echo you want. If the echo is not in the listed choices, say the one you want:

Metal sonic
Shadow
Classic Sonic
Silver

Ken
Akuma
Sean

James McCloud (Star Fox)
James McCloud (F Zero)

Louie
Brittney

Shadow Link
Ravio
Ocarina of Time Link

Ninten
Mike Jones

Dr Luigi
Mr L

Hilda
Vaati
Zant
Shadow

Ken

F-Zero James would be great

Brittney

Ravio

Ninten

Mr. L

ZANT WOULD BE AMAZING AND I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW I WANTED HIM UNTIL NOW. PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN SAKURAI.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It’s time to plaaaaay

Pick

Your

Echo:

Metal sonic
Shadow
Classic Sonic
Silver

Ken
Akuma
Sean

James McCloud (Star Fox)
James McCloud (F Zero)

Louie
Brittney

Shadow Link
Ravio
Ocarina of Time Link

Ninten
Mike Jones

Dr Luigi
Mr L

Hilda
Vaati
Zant
1. Shadow
2. Ken
3. Other (Peppy)
4. Louie
5. Ravio
6. Ninten
7. Mr. L
8. Hilda

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It’s time to plaaaaay

Pick

Your

Echo:

Metal sonic
Shadow
Classic Sonic
Silver

Ken
Akuma
Sean

James McCloud (Star Fox)
James McCloud (F Zero)

Louie
Brittney

Shadow Link
Ravio
Ocarina of Time Link

Ninten
Mike Jones

Dr Luigi
Mr L

Hilda
Vaati
Zant
How would Mike Jones possibly be a Ness echo?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I really like Ashley from Warioware, I think she's a cool character. I really wanted her to be playable this time but once again she's an Assist Trophy.

It sucks because this just means she's never gonna be anything more than a niche character, I thought this might be her chance to break out and show people how cool she is but clearly I was mistaken.

I guess that's what happens when you support a side character from a spin off series instead of a main villain, shame on me I suppose...

There are much worse fates than being an assist trophy.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It’s time to plaaaaay

Pick

Your

Echo:

Metal sonic
Shadow
Classic Sonic
Silver

Ken
Akuma
Sean

James McCloud (Star Fox)
James McCloud (F Zero)

Louie
Brittney

Shadow Link
Ravio
Ocarina of Time Link

Ninten
Mike Jones

Dr Luigi
Mr L

Hilda
Vaati
Zant
:ultsonic:=Shadow
:ultryu:=Ken
:ultfox:=Peppy
:ultolimar:=Brittney
:ultlink:=We have enough Links...
:ultness:=Ninten
:ultluigi:=Mr L
:ultzelda:=Hilda

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
It’s time to plaaaaay

Pick

Your

Echo:

Metal sonic
Shadow
Classic Sonic
Silver

Ken
Akuma
Sean

James McCloud (Star Fox)
James McCloud (F Zero)

Louie
Brittney

Shadow Link
Ravio
Ocarina of Time Link

Ninten
Mike Jones

Dr Luigi
Mr L

Hilda
Vaati
Zant
Why those 8 characters only? Anyways...

1. Shadow
2. Akuma
3. Leon
4. Louie
5. Ravio
6. Mike Jones
7. Mr. L
8. Vaati

LetterO

Smash Lord
Any personal picks you guys want that probably don’t have too big a chance to get in? Mine would be 9-Volt, who got a slightly bigger chance, but still pretty unlikely.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
There are much worse fates than being an assist trophy.
Like what? Not being in the game at all? That's barely a step up.
It's not like Shovel Knight, he's an indie character who rose through the ranks from popularity alone. For characters like him it's an honor.
But Ashley's a Nintendo character, being an Assist Trophy means she's not good enough. It means her fans aren't worth the effort to please.
I'm not trying to frame Sakurai as a bad guy here, honestly that man is a gift, but he clearly doesn't think Ashley is worth it.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

There's no such thing as bad publicity. I supported Krystal back during Brawl, and I have to say, an AT is still a pretty big deal for her.

Ashley is popular, and that by itself is a huge advantage. Just because she's an AT now doesn't mean she's doomed to be one forever. After all, Ridley isn't a stage boss anymore, right?

Noipoi

Howdy!
There's no such thing as bad publicity. I supported Krystal back during Brawl, and I have to say, an AT is still a pretty big deal for her.

Ashley is popular, and that by itself is a huge advantage. Just because she's an AT now doesn't mean she's doomed to be one forever. After all, Ridley isn't a stage boss anymore, right?
There's a big difference between Ashley and Ridley.
Ridley is one of the main villains of the Metroid series and has been heavily requested for years.
Ashley is a side character from a spin off series who isn't nearly as requested.
See my point? The fan demand is there, but not big enough to make a difference.
As much as it pains me to say it, a trophy is probably as good as it's gonna get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom