• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
You guys might want to read this

https://smashboards.com/threads/news-how-fans-brought-back-k-rool.457451/

It's some interview on how k rool got in smash ultimate

Let's just say Nintendo is feeling guilty they didn't bring back k rool for over 10 years and had no idea how popular he was

And.....

The....mii costume.... of k rool was indeed a constellation prize in smash 4

So it's offical the costume theory and the ballot was used for smash ultimate newcomers is...

Confirmed

So characters like geno, Isaac, and Lloyd gain a whole lot of ground for spot in smash bros,ultimate
Interesting. Though I would like to read Sakurai's thoughts about K. Rool's inclusion in a Famitsu interview before delving too much into this. I wouldn't use it as a big beneficial factor anyway, since Ashley and Knuckles didn't even get that transition from costume to playable. (Also Isaac wasn't a costume in Smash 4. :p)

LetterO

Smash Lord
Here to report with another image that’s going to be stretched to the level of the DK/Karate Joe thing (Skull Kid on the bottom)

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
  • King K. Rool. Just... King K. Rool. He is, by all means, a dead character. He hasn't had a prominent role in the DK series since Jungle Climber (a spin-off, nonetheless) on the DS in 2007 well before Brawl released. The only other appearance beyond trophies in Smash was as part of an ensemble of unlockable characters in a Mario sports game a year later. OVER TEN YEARS since he's been even slightly relevant. The only thing keeping him alive was Smash fans wanting him, and DK fans hoping for his return in some form. It's not like K. Rool is a prominent retro character like Duck Hunt or Pit that the team digs up from a pile of Famicom games and decides to revamp for fun, he's a character who Nintendo felt no need to push. He was added simply because he was so highly requested. Nobody can honestly tell me "well I expected K. Rool and you're just overgeneralizing" because there was literally no precedent or alternate reason to add K. Rool to Ultimate beyond fan support, and we all know that. :ultchrom:
This. K. Rool would still be dead had the fan demand not been there all this time. Any streamer, speculator, or game theorist who wants to say they expected him or knew he was coming is just bull****ting. Even saying he "seemed likely" was something only said by someone who clearly had no idea how buried the character was. That character was in the trash from mainline DK games for 2 decades and everything else for 10 years. Doesn't matter what anyone says. Nobody saw him coming til 8/8/2018.. (the earliest being mid-Direct where the Klaptrap shows up)

What a blessing it is to see him back where he belongs...right next to Bowser, Ganondorf, and Ridley...and more importantly Donkey Kong and Diddy. :)

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Here to report with another image that’s going to be stretched to the level of the DK/Karate Joe thing (Skull Kid on the bottom)

No way... he's in.
REGGIE'S IN SMASH BABYYYYYY

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
This. K. Rool would still be dead had the fan demand not been there all this time. Any streamer, speculator, or game theorist who wants to say they expected him or knew he was coming is just bull****ting. Even saying he "seemed likely" was something only said by someone who clearly had no idea how buried the character was. That character was in the trash from mainline DK games for 2 decades and everything else for 10 years. Doesn't matter what anyone says. Nobody saw him coming til 8/8/2018.. (the earliest being mid-Direct where the Klaptrap shows up)

What a blessing it is to see him back where he belongs...right next to Bowser, Ganondorf, and Ridley...and more importantly Donkey Kong and Diddy. :)
He really only seemed likely to me because of Ridley being playable, and even still I was surprised when he was actually revealed.

MainJPW

M.T.A

Oh ****! Cappy is in Smash as a cosmetic addition! The Master Sword is in Smash as apart of Links weaponry! Zelda is in Smash! Koopa shells are an item! The DK barrel signifies DK characters, which are in Smash! Skull Kid 100% confirmed!

Pakky

Smash Hero
You can half relax, Pakky.

But it isn't over, not yet. :ultsnake:
I know one more push but the big hurdle is over.

Whew, I feel so tired and I haven't even been at this as long as some of them older krew.

I mean I'm an adult now, with a job, I wanted K. Rool and Ridley since high school.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Lucario vs Mewtwo and Roy vs Ike were two of the dumbest things I've seen this place argue about for 6 years
And extremely frustrating if you're someone like me who wanted both Lucario and Mewtwo. I even saw some mean words getting thrown around about supporters of either character even after Mewtwo DLC was announced. It was ridiculous.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It has occurred to me there's another use for Rosalina in trailers.

Who better to kill than the PUPPET fighter in Skull Kid's trailer.

He's gonna send down the moon on the Comet Observatory, isn't he?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
. . . And, done! Only took me a minute to think of somebody nobody here has talked about extensively.
...Why didn't you just pick someone you wanted instead of someone based on what other people have said? Haha.

I was wondering, what do you think about Ryu Hayabusa's chances of getting into Smash? I feel like he has a very similar case to Snake . . .
Maybe. I mean, NG does have it's place in history. Looking at him, i think Assist Trophy tbh, but I really have no idea haha. I've never really looked into that character before.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I was wondering, what do you think about Ryu Hayabusa's chances of getting into Smash? I feel like he has a very similar case to Snake . . .
It depends on if Tecmo allows it. When it comes to the trinity of "holy macaroni why is this so hard" NES games, Ryu is one of them among Simon and Bill. However, I think Ryu is being occupied in the world of big ***** volleyball dead or alive

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The newsgroup I run is running a Smash character poll. So far we have almost 4,000 responses. If you're interested you can vote here:
https://twitter.com/SSBUNews/status/1030202551696875521

Apologies if posts like this aren't allowed.
Picked Mona without a minute to waste.

On the bright side, his company isn't actively trying to ignore its staple characters, and he still sees life in Dead Or Alive, so that's something.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Oh, I can see it all. That could work!

Or, some character gets lost in the Lost Woods and somehow dies.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
He'd be a cool character if he played distinctly enough from :ultsheik::ultgreninja:. I'm seriously doubting he's getting anything above AT role however.

Iridium

Smash Hero
...Why didn't you just pick someone you wanted instead of someone based on what other people have said? Haha.

Maybe. I mean, NG does have it's place in history. Looking at him, i think Assist Trophy tbh, but I really have no idea haha. I've never really looked into that character before.
Oh, I want him. I don't really choose characters everyone else does, and I do like Ninja Gaiden (that tells you who I picked), so I just had to. He could be that character no one really expected!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Isn't it funny that F-Zero and K. Rool get their own lyrics to their songs but Snake Eater just got mega denied?

Pakky

Smash Hero

Your avatar is precious and good :3

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just put in a Gen 7 Pokemon.
There's literally no one else I really care for.
My dreams died August 8th.
It ain't that bad.
At least people aren't sending you the Ridley/K. Rool dabbing gifs at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom