• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I believe Dora can totally be in Smash Bros Ultimate... and when I say Dora I mean Frisk, the protagonist from Undertale.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I don't think it's likely Sonic will see a new stage for this game.

That said if he got one it would probably be from Lost World or Generations considering Mania and that other game that I can't mention without laughing came out years after the project started. I wouldn't mind City Escape or Sky Sanctuary, anything to escape ****ing Green Hill Zone. I get it, Sega, you like Green Hill Zone, we all know how much you LOVE Green Hill Zone. Stop putting it in games.
I can see a Studiopolis Zone stage, but only as DLC. Simply because Sonic Mania was that popular.

D

Deleted member

What bet? That Dora won't be in Smash Ultimate? I'd win that bet in my sleep, she ain't getting near Smash aside from in the form of a Mii.
I was asking because I made a bet about changing my profile picture to Dora if the Banjo leaks turned out to be real.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Question because Geno have a problem with :ultbayonetta: due to him being an angel in a puppet?

Sick angel vs witch gun fight?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, Sakurai seems to absolutely love the number three.

:ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley:
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:
:ultpit::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit:
:ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink:
:ultmarth::ultroy::ultlucina:
:ultpokemontrainer:
:ultolimar:

Maybe a third Mother rep is likely after all.
Yes to a 3rd Kong.
No to a 3rd Zelda.

Also I don't really think Ashley is extremely likely. I think Impa is actually one of the most likely newcomers at this given moment.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I don't think it's likely Sonic will see a new stage for this game.

That said if he got one it would probably be from Lost World or Generations considering Mania and that other game that I can't mention without laughing came out years after the project started. I wouldn't mind City Escape or Sky Sanctuary, anything to escape ****ing Green Hill Zone. I get it, Sega, you like Green Hill Zone, we all know how much you LOVE Green Hill Zone. Stop putting it in games.
Sonic should have been given Emerald Coast/Sonic Adventure. That's my dream Sonic stage. Imagine the killer whale as a stage hazard.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
After churning out leaks, 4chan is beginning to slack. Only one leak that's eerily similar to another one (they changed some wording). We'll give it the benefit of the doubt.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422528136/#422528136
Hello, friendly Smash Bros Ultimate leaker here. My source is a man inside NoA who got a chance to play on the demo copy, as well as listen to company speak.

He wanted to clarify that the demo roster is not yet complete so some characters are missing, as they haven't finished programming them yet

Newcomers:
>Ashley
>Tetra
>Lip
>Xenoblade rep (this one is just speak, and wasn't in the demo. At this point he's not sure if its from X or 2)

Echo Fighters:
>Zeke (for Ike)
>Impa (for Shiek)
>Igglybuff (for Jiggly)
>Donkey Kong Jr. (for DK)

Assist Trophies:
>Funky Kong
>Mona
>Sylux
>Clu Clu Land
>Falling Tetris blocks
>Mini Master Hand
>N (yes, from Pokemon. Apparently he throws out numerous pokeballs that open automatically)

Stages:
>Gamecube
>Excitebike Arena
>Ashley's Mansion
>Mor Ardain
>New Donk City
>Giant ROB

Event matches are back, bringing with them the return of Trophy Fights. The third Trophy Fight can also be unlocked as a stage. Break the Targets is back in its brawl form, and so is Board the Platforms. No Home Run Contest has been seen so far, but he assumes itll be in the final release.
There's also this, which is kinda interesting, but nothing much.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422554934/#422554934
Before release, the director of the Super Smash Bros. series Masahiro Sakurai will do a decision that will be rememered for a long time.

He will make a poll where Nintendo Switch users can vote for a newcomer in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with the exception that it must be an assist trophy.

Waluigi, Ashley, Lyndis and K. Rool are finalists with other honorable mentions as Shadow and Gray Fox.

Discuss.

There's also this one, but I'm not counting it for a particular reason.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422518306/#422518306
- In order new characters are Inkling, Ridley, Bandana Dee, Travis Touchdown, Wild Zelda (see below), Dante, Ashley, Mimikyu, Dixie Kong, and Mach Rider. From what I've heard plan is for Mimikyu to be revealed in conjunction with Let's Go's release and for Dixie and Mach Rider to be surprise unlockables.

- As I understand it, Wild Zelda is the BotW version, sword-based like HW with the the champions' abilities as specials and with the Divine Beasts firing as her Final Smash.

- Medusa, Impa (OoT), Dark Samus, Metal Sonic, and Dry Bowser are Echo Fighters.

- Manaphy, Wobbuffet, and Onix are back as Pokeballs. New ones include Trevenant and Marshadow.

- Assist Trophies include Hariet, Takumi, Elise, and King K. Rool. Shadow is still an AT.

- Kamek, Viridi, Tetra, and Federation Force Mii skins are preorder bonuses. These ones are different in that they have the character's head outright replacing the Mii's, like the Black Knight helmet from SSB4, and come with the characters' voices.

- Icicle Mountain, Rainbow Road, Mushroom Kingdom 64, Mario Bros., and Big Battlefield are coming back.

- New stages include Ribbon Road, Thieves' Town, Cyrkensia Opera House, Manhole, Aqua Star, and Thrifty Megamart.

- Galleom, Duon, Tabuu, and Rayquaza return along with Boss Battles. There is no story and besides the four of them the fights consist of Master and Crazy Hand, Giga Bowser, Master Core, and fights with the Yellow Devil and Metal Face.

- In the in-game store you can buy trophies, stages & alternate costumes. There aren't many of those but one of them is Meta Ridley, thus the reason he wasn't in the demo. Others include FE6 Roy, Dr. Luigi, Outset Toon Link, and N64 versions of Mario and Donkey Kong.

- There is no quick unlock option for characters.

- Ultimate is planned to have DLC but it could still go either way for the moment.

- Pay careful attention when you read through thist. I snuck in a hint at something crucial but you might not notice it right away.

The first letters of each sentence spell "I AM MAKING IT UP"

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
I was asking because I made a bet about changing my profile picture to Dora if the Banjo leaks turned out to be real.
Oh yeah, that was a thing. It's likely fake, but if it turned out to be real, it'd be pretty hilarious for you (and sad because a Dora profile pic would suck) and awesome simultaneously because of Banjo being in Smash. I might not be a gambling man myself, but may the odds be ever in your favor.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
After churning out leaks, 4chan is beginning to slack. Only one leak that's eerily similar to another one (they changed some wording).
Hello, friendly Smash Bros Ultimate leaker here. My source is a man inside NoA who got a chance to play on the demo copy, as well as listen to company speak.

He wanted to clarify that the demo roster is not yet complete so some characters are missing, as they haven't finished programming them yet

Newcomers:
>Ashley
>Tetra
>Lip
>Xenoblade rep (this one is just speak, and wasn't in the demo. At this point he's not sure if its from X or 2)

Echo Fighters:
>Zeke (for Ike)
>Impa (for Shiek)
>Igglybuff (for Jiggly)

Assist Trophies:
>Funky Kong
>Mona
>Sylux
>Clu Clu Land
>Falling Tetris blocks
>Mini Master Hand
>N (yes, from Pokemon. Apparently he throws out numerous pokeballs that open automatically)

Stages:
>Gamecube
>Excitebike Arena
>Ashley's Mansion
>Mor Ardain
>New Donk City
>Giant ROB

Event matches are back, bringing with them the return of Trophy Fights. The third Trophy Fight can also be unlocked as a stage. Break the Targets is back in its brawl form, and so is Board the Platforms. No Home Run Contest has been seen so far, but he assumes itll be in the final release.
Before release, the director of the Super Smash Bros. series Masahiro Sakurai will do a decision that will be rememered for a long time.

He will make a poll where Nintendo Switch users can vote for a newcomer in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with the exception that it must be an assist trophy.

Waluigi, Ashley, Lyndis and K. Rool are finalists with other honorable mentions as Shadow and Gray Fox.

Discuss.
>Igglybuff

Are they even trying?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Question because Geno have a problem with :ultbayonetta: due to him being an angel in a puppet?

Sick angel vs witch gun fight?

Genos more of a star person than an angel... honestly he might be a luma and the "higher authority" he serves might be rosalina by todays canon... he also can turn into an actual cannon so thats cool too.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Genos more of a star person than an angel... honestly he might be a luma and the "higher authority" he serves might be rosalina by todays canon... he also can turn into an actual cannon so thats cool too.
OH that's good, that's really good!

KMDP

Smash Legend

You know, I can see Waluigi and Lyn as the first DLC Characters. As someone else said, Intelligent Systems probably didn't realise how popular Lyn was until the FE:Heroes poll, and Waluigi speaks for himself.

Before any one says "but they're already Assist Trophies", you do know that they can just... you know... change the value that gives them a chance to appear as an Assist Trophy to 0, right?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

After churning out leaks, 4chan is beginning to slack. Only one leak that's eerily similar to another one (they changed some wording). We'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Newcomers:
>Ashley
>Tetra
>Lip

Echo Fighters:
>Zeke (for Ike)
>Impa (for Shiek)
>Igglybuff (for Jiggly)

Assist Trophies:
>Funky Kong
>Mona
>Sylux
>Clu Clu Land
>Falling Tetris blocks
>Mini Master Hand

Stages:
>Gamecube
>Excitebike Arena
>Ashley's Mansion
>Mor Ardain
>New Donk City
>Giant ROB

Discuss.

There's also this one, but I'm not counting it for a particular reason.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422518306/#422518306
- In order new characters are Inkling, Ridley, Bandana Dee, Travis Touchdown, Wild Zelda (see below), Dante, Ashley, Mimikyu, Dixie Kong, and Mach Rider. From what I've heard plan is for Mimikyu to be revealed in conjunction with Let's Go's release and for Dixie and Mach Rider to be surprise unlockables.

- As I understand it, Wild Zelda is the BotW version, sword-based like HW with the the champions' abilities as specials and with the Divine Beasts firing as her Final Smash.

- Medusa, Impa (OoT), Dark Samus, Metal Sonic, and Dry Bowser are Echo Fighters.

- Manaphy, Wobbuffet, and Onix are back as Pokeballs. New ones include Trevenant and Marshadow.

- Assist Trophies include Hariet, Takumi, Elise, and King K. Rool. Shadow is still an AT.

- Kamek, Viridi, Tetra, and Federation Force Mii skins are preorder bonuses. These ones are different in that they have the character's head outright replacing the Mii's, like the Black Knight helmet from SSB4, and come with the characters' voices.

- Icicle Mountain, Rainbow Road, Mushroom Kingdom 64, Mario Bros., and Big Battlefield are coming back.

- New stages include Ribbon Road, Thieves' Town, Cyrkensia Opera House, Manhole, Aqua Star, and Thrifty Megamart.

- Galleom, Duon, Tabuu, and Rayquaza return along with Boss Battles. There is no story and besides the four of them the fights consist of Master and Crazy Hand, Giga Bowser, Master Core, and fights with the Yellow Devil and Metal Face.

- In the in-game store you can buy trophies, stages & alternate costumes. There aren't many of those but one of them is Meta Ridley, thus the reason he wasn't in the demo. Others include FE6 Roy, Dr. Luigi, Outset Toon Link, and N64 versions of Mario and Donkey Kong.

- There is no quick unlock option for characters.

- Ultimate is planned to have DLC but it could still go either way for the moment.

- Pay careful attention when you read through thist. I snuck in a hint at something crucial but you might not notice it right away.

The first letters of each sentence spell "I AM MAKING IT UP"
seriously igglybuff as an echo of Jigglypuff that's the most creative thing they could think of

Noipoi

Howdy!
In my humble opinion the most likely newcomers are
Ashely (Sakurai PLEASE),
A Gen 7 mon (Preferably Mimikyu),
And Dixie (Sorry K. Rool).

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I believe Dora can totally be in Smash Bros Ultimate... and when I say Dora I mean Frisk, the protagonist from Undertale.
I mean she’s more likely than non-Echo Daisy at the very least let’s be honest.

If it wasn’t clear I’m talking about Frisk.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
You know, everyone is billing Tails, Eggman and Shadow as the most likely Sonic newcomers.

But then... we get...

Classic Sonic and "Rookie".

"We can show the world what we can do! You are next to me and I'm next to you...~"

D

Deleted member

I leave for twelve hours and you're all talking about Dora what the hell happened?
Lots of things happened at one point we were talking about Tim Taylor from Home Improvement and Lowe's the store being playable characters

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I mean she’s more likely than non-Echo Daisy at the very least let’s be honest.
This Dora discussion is causing me physical pain oml.

Anyway, considering Sakurai said that this would likely be the last Smash game with all the veterans, I'd assume the cuts would start with Echo Fighters. This is probably a one-and-done thing for Daisy. A decloned Daisy still has a higher ****in' chance then god**** Dora the mother****ing Explorer, like what is happeninginthisthreadomygawd.

I leave for twelve hours and you're all talking about Dora what the hell happened?
4 pages back some guy suggested her and for some reason people have been humoring him....this information drought is that serious, I guess.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyway, considering Sakurai said that this would likely be the last Smash game with all the veterans, I'd assume the cuts would start with Echo Fighters. This is probably a one-and-done thing for Daisy. A decloned Daisy still has a higher ****in' chance then god**** Dora the mother****ing Explorer, like what is happeninginthisthreadomygawd.
Calm down...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I was actually referring to Frisk, not Dora... No a decloned Daisy definitely has a higher, but small at the same time, chance.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
You know, everyone is billing Tails, Eggman and Shadow as the most likely Sonic newcomers.

But then... we get...

Classic Sonic and "Rookie".

"We can show the world what we can do! You are next to me and I'm next to you...~"
"Rookie" could actually have a pretty cool moveset, TBH, with the grappling hook and the variety of weapons. Obviously not ideal as representation of the Sonic series, but yeah.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I don’t really think Ashley is that likely to get included. Call it a gut feeling but I feel that Ashley will remain as an AT again.

I don’t remember seeing a big push for her during the ballot (although those times were riddled with Soras, K. Rools, Shovel Knights, etc.) and all the things about her having a bunch of badges in the Arcade Bunny isn’t really that strong because I don’t recall the Arcade Bunny ever being used at all by people.

Then you got all the things with her being insanely popular in Japan, and although I like Ashley on her own I’m just not sure if Sakurai finds that a reason to include her, not to mention the fact that she a WarioWare character which the series itself is niche.

Though I’m overall neutral if she gets added.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
In other news Jim Carrey is set to play as Dr. Eggman in the upcoming Sonic movie.

This will either be better than any Sonic game released in the last 18 years or it will be the worst Sonic thing ever made.

KMDP

Smash Legend

4 pages back some guy suggested her and for some reason everyone's been humoring him....this information drought is that serious, I guess.
@Badrat mentioned they wanted Dora the Explorer as a character. And it confused everyone so much they won't shut up about it.

Some, like 92MilesPrower 92MilesPrower , Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth , Badrat and I are trying to change the subject, but Dora seems to be too enticing.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don’t really think Ashley is that likely to get included. Call it a gut feeling but I feel that Ashley will remain as an AT again.

I don’t remember seeing a big push for her during the ballot (although those times were riddled with Soras, K. Rools, Shovel Knights, etc.) and all the things about her having a bunch of badges in the Arcade Bunny isn’t really that strong because I don’t recall the Arcade Bunny ever being used at all by people.

Then you got all the things with her being insanely popular in Japan, and although I like Ashley on her own I’m just not sure if Sakurai finds that a reason to include her, not to mention the fact that she a WarioWare character which the series itself is niche.

Though I’m overall neutral if she gets added.
Them's fightin' words!

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Normally I'd agree with "clones are first to go", but I feel like Daisy's here to stay.

Echo or not, she's such an iconic character. It'd be weird for Sakurai to drop her before Dr. Mario TBH.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Normally I'd agree with "clones are first to go", but I feel like Daisy's here to stay.

Echo or not, she's such an iconic character. It'd be weird for Sakurai to drop her before Dr. Mario TBH.
Ya im not even sure why Dr. Mario was on the roster in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom