• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Yeah, I have one.

I want Gygias to be in Smash so that we can have an eldritch abomination as a playable character.

:)

I'm half-joking btw.:lick:
I would be ok with having any Mother character at this point, Giygas could work if it was in the form of Mother 1:

And Giygas from Earthbound as final smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Actually, I've seen Ray Chase listed as Roy's VA on IMDB. Is there any official confirmation on that?

D

Deleted member

Pikachu came from the Pokémon games...silly edgehog
Marth and Ike currently have their new voices, and the Robins/Corrins need no changes since they still sound the same, so Roy and Lyn should be getting new voices (Lucina also...but I’m not ready to fully let go of Laura Bailey)
I did say that lol

KMDP

Smash Legend
Marth and Ike currently have their new voices, and the Robins/Corrins need no changes since they still sound the same, so Roy and Lyn should be getting new voices (Lucina also...but I’m not ready to fully let go of Laura Bailey)
:ultike:Prepare yourself.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Fair enough.

We all know that F-Zero characters can't stand a chance of being added for now, but in the meantime, I must ask one thing. In terms of general consensus, who is the F-Zero character that people in this forum want the most?

For me that'd be Jody Summer, with Deathborn and Black Shadow coming after.
Jody Summer and Dr. Steward.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don’t want Shadow in Smash actually for my own weird reasons but if he got in I wouldn’t be opposed to it. I’m mostly indifferent to Shadow’s inclusion.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I just realized that both of yesterday's Banjo leaks were essentially disconfirmed.
That's a relief, now I don't have to change my avatar to last page's subject.
I think one or two said by Monday, so end of Monday to be sure. But it's most likely fake anyway.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
But...what if we get Masked Man, Giegue AND Porky?

Well, I know that, some fanbases will be mad at Mother fan for sure. But hey, beside that, that be pretty cool.
I think I'd be fine settling it at four - those are my two favorite Mother characters; Masked Man could be a semi-clone and Gigue could be a Mewtwo echo - Porky, on the other hand, would be a pain to program

besides, that'd be probably more characters than star fox is gonna get, LOL

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
You're not happy about talking about if Dora the Explorer will be in smash
...Are you kidding me? NO we are NOT going to talk about Dora, a character that did not originate in a video game at all, nor does have any connection to Nintendo in any way whatsoever. She is NEVER GETTING INTO SMASH BROTHERS IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM AND THATS THAT.

All of that aside, if nobody else is willing to step up to change the topic, then I will. What other new stages do you guys think we'll see for other veteran franchises? I'm expecting something from Tropical Freeze for Donkey Kong, not sure what location exactly.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Echo fighter? Nah, that wouldn't do justice to him.

Him sharing some of Mewtwo attribute, but still have some unique move using his "Gigyas" form? I be more welcoming to that.

But...what if we get Masked Man, Giegue AND Porky?

Well, I know that, some fanbases will be mad at Mother fan for sure. But hey, beside that, that be pretty cool.

:ultgnw: is too soft, he is more on the lighter side of Eldrich tbh.

Giegue is the real deal.
Eldrich: unearthly, alien, supernatural, weird, spooky, eerie.

Eh, he can turn into an octopus. It that's not spooky enough for you.

D

Deleted member

I don’t want Shadow in Smash actually for my own weird reasons but if he got in I wouldn’t be opposed to it. I’m mostly indifferent to Shadow’s inclusion.
Shame on you lol jk it's your opinion and you're entitled to it no matter how much I hate it

...Are you kidding me? NO we are NOT going to talk about Dora, a character that did not originate in a video game at all, nor does have any connection to Nintendo in any way whatsoever. She is NEVER GETTING INTO SMASH BROTHERS IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM AND THATS THAT.

All of that aside, if nobody else is willing to step up to change the topic, then I will. What other new stages do you guys think we'll see for other veteran franchises? I'm expecting something from Tropical Freeze for Donkey Kong, not sure what location exactly.
She has DS and wii games so she has just as much as a connection with Nintendo than Sonic and Megaman do edit nooo I double posted

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Shame on you lol jk it's your opinion and you're entitled to it no matter how much I hate it
I just always saw him as kind of a weird request, it made me think of the requests for Daisy (Back when she was a meme request), Steve, Spongebob, Goku and Shrek. He always just seemed like an out-there request and made me think, “Oh guys we have Sonic, so now we need, EDGY SONIC!”, and the reasons for justification just made him feel unnecessary, but all of this is just a personal gripe of mine and not against anyone.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Since it was brought up, how likely is it for us to get two new DK characters? I know we're trying to avoid conflict by creating scenarios where both Dixie and K. Rool get in, but I'm not convinced we'd be lucky enough to get two reps.

Assuming we're even lucky enough to get a DK character (because despite how people are acting, there's still the possibility we don't get anyone), I feel like we'd only get one or the other. Only so many characters can get in; Sakurai might want to spend development time on a rep for a different franchise instead of doubling down on DK.
While that could be possible, they aren't "DK rep 1 and 2" they're Dixie and K Rool, who both are great choices and have a bunch of reasons each why they should be added. Sure with fewer character slots available they might wanna spread it out amongst series but Dixie and K Rool both appeal to very different people anyway, look entirely different, would play entirely differently, not to mention sakurai doesn't really think of reps, if he wants both then both will be added.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I did say that lol
Correcting yourself...then I saw all the triggers you pulled
:ultike:Prepare yourself.
Now in a more peaceful way
Actually, I've seen Ray Chase listed as Roy's VA on IMDB. Is there any official confirmation on that?
Not yet...but it’s likely since Marth speaks English now (as do the rest of the crew...including the forever lonely Chrom)

Troykv

Smash Master
It seems like all the FE characters will be getting their Heroes/Warriors voices
I wonder if with Lyn they will feel the needed to change her voice because she is just a Assist Trophy... It would be great though

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I think I'd be fine settling it at four - those are my two favorite Mother characters; Masked Man could be a semi-clone and Gigue could be a Mewtwo echo - Porky, on the other hand, would be a pain to program

besides, that'd be probably more characters than star fox is gonna get, LOL
Giegue couldn't work as a echo, simply due to the fact that his body is too slimy to match Mewtwo's frame.

He be more a clone or semi-clone of Mewtwo in that case.
Eldrich: unearthly, alien, supernatural, weird, spooky, eerie.

Eh, he can turn into an octopus. It that's not spooky enough for you.
Kinda hard to take a Octopus with a funny face seriously, but I get what you mean.

After all, he is the source of the shadow bug, without him, Tabuu army wouldn't exist, so that count for somethin'.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I can’t tell if this Dora discussion is a joke or actually serious, it’s really hard to tell tbh and I think our time is best spent elsewhere.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I just always saw him as kind of a weird request, it made me think of the requests for Daisy (Back when she was a meme request), Steve, Spongebob, Goku and Shrek. He always just seemed like an out-there request and made me think, “Oh guys we have Sonic, so now we need, EDGY SONIC!”, and the reasons for justification just made him feel unnecessary, but all of this is just a personal gripe of mine and not against anyone.
Wè have cowardly Mario, why not edgy Sonic?

KMDP

Smash Legend

Hmm... I'm not sure...

I'd like Sakurai to revisit the AKANEIA idea.

Final Fantasy VII stage: Northern Cave, has all the songs like J-E-N-O-V-A, One-Winged Angel and Aerith's Theme.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Masked Man got locked as homage alt. costume for Lucas last game, he may get the same again since he's a walking spoiler inb4 fiora
Porky I think has the highest chance as a villain rep, with Giygas right behind him if Sakurai puts in consideration Mother 1.
I think he could be fine being around - we've got a lot of walking spoilers in Smash

as for porky as a villain character... eh. I mean, if the team really feels like programming it, maybe, but compared to an easy Echo Fighter (Gigue) or an easy and unique semi-clone (Masked Man) I can't really see a reason to, plus,

Giygas/Gigue appears in two games, and, even though it was cut visually from the game, Masked Man could work to showcase Giygas, sooo

D

Deleted member

I can’t tell if this Dora discussion is a joke or actually serious, it’s really hard to tell tbh and I think our time is best spent elsewhere.
Well I seriously want her but there's no way she's getting on the roster I'm fine with dropping the subject

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm surprised people are still givin' this dude the time of day.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sanaki: General Zelgius, why are you late for the strategy meeting?
Zelgius: I'm actually the monarch of a race of crocodiles that keep trying to steal a crop of magic bananas from a tribe of intelligent apes.
Sanaki: ...Hmm... your story checks out.
GREIL WAS AN APE IN DISGUISE

C O N F I R M E D
The Ike Gorilla meme is real after all...

To add up to this conspiracy.. both my secondaries ARE DK and Ike.

For real tho I love how you guys mixed up my two favorite games togheter <3

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Why Jody Summer? Why Deathborn?

Black Shadow has the most going for him, I believe.
Jody could probably be used as an echo fighter for someone that isn't Captain Falcon, as odd as it sounds (although it wouldn't surprise me if her machine's name got taken literally and she'd end up with cat-like swipes for some normal attacks).

Deathborn is from the most recent official series entry (and the only GX/AX character that's noteworthy enough imo).

Black Shadow would certainly be among the ones considered first, yes (assuming Sakurai doesn't just incorporate Goroh, Stewart and Pico instead).

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wonder if with Lyn they will feel the needed to change her voice because she is just a Assist Trophy... It would be great though
They changed Shadow’s voice (reusing his clips from Generations like they did with Sonic), so they should be able to update Lyn’s voice

osby

Smash Obsessed
The real question is, why we need to get a Mother villain?

just for fun, I know

Troykv

Smash Master
I sometimes would like to know the full list of Sakura's seriously considered characters for Smash... I would like to know it to understand some choices in the Smash Story...

But I think that list shouldn't reach the light of the public eye... easily it would create flame wars.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The real question is, why we need to get a Mother villain?

just for fun, I know
Because 3 is a nice number.

Too bad Reggie hate that number.:ultlucas:

D

Deleted member

Okay I guess I'll start a topic do you think is the most likely newcomer??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom