• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I think it's mostly the pros who are giving us footage are just trying to see if they still like their old mains if they're in the demo more than not wanting to use Ridley.
That and trying to test the new game mechanics and such with characters they are already familiar with.

D

Deleted member

That was not what I said.

>Peace
>Smash fandom
Pick one.
Smash 4 got two new whatever game pits from Representatives and those two are literally the most likely to go

Last edited by a moderator:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Well, that makes sense.

I have to wonder why FEW in particular has so many clone characters when the last Warriors games like Warriors All-Stars, Berserk, and HW had less of them.
To be fair, FE doesn't have too many animations to draw from, which is becoming less of a thing over time of course (or they wanted to do the whole each class has similar animations but different stats which I was against although I didn't think I voiced that in my Editor articles on Serenes it was more on the mechanical improvements and how FE mechanics work super well with the Warriors Formula), and while there were quite a number of clones in FEW I found all of the movesets fun as opposed to HW where only around 30 to 40% of them at all are fun to me anyways.

Berserk has barely any cast, All-Stars could resource reuse to focus more on the uniques.

Meanwhile i've been far too spoiled by Orochi 3, Dynasty Warriors 8XL and Samurai Warriors 4-II having so many unique movesets, but despite this I think FEW and HW are two of the most mechanically solid Warriors games and certain keep a faster pace, even if I think the 3 I just mentioned above are overall more polished due to enemies actually having threatening moves and being able to block specials among having like 50 to 90 uniques.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
We've been discussing characters with decently sized fanbases to appeal to, but I have to wonder what's the most realistic character choice that would generate the most outrage within the Smash community. My bet's on Minecraft's Steve.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
We've been discussing characters with decently sized fanbases to appeal to, but I have to wonder what's the most realistic character choice that would generate the most outrage within the Smash community. My bet's on Minecraft's Steve.
Steve or Rabbids, probably.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't be outraged but I'm the person that would be excited for Dora the Explorer which is technically still on the table she has her own games on a Nintendo console multiple actually so she hit the same criteria that Megaman and Sonic hit

Last edited by a moderator:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So is there more confirmed character changes at CEO or is the demo at CEO the exact same one from E3?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I wouldn't be outraged but I'm the person that would be excited for Dora the Explorer which is technically still on the table she has her own games on a Nintendo console multiple actually so she hit the same criteria that Megaman and Sonic hit
Dora didn't come from a video game.

Doesn't matter how many games she have, she is out of the table like Goku & Shrek.

Pakky

Smash Hero
She's not a video game character so, no she nowhere near Smash.

Agumon for example would work because he is a video game character

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Since it was brought up, how likely is it for us to get two new DK characters? I know we're trying to avoid conflict by creating scenarios where both Dixie and K. Rool get in, but I'm not convinced we'd be lucky enough to get two reps.

Assuming we're even lucky enough to get a DK character (because despite how people are acting, there's still the possibility we don't get anyone), I feel like we'd only get one or the other. Only so many characters can get in; Sakurai might want to spend development time on a rep for a different franchise instead of doubling down on DK.

Troykv

Smash Master
Well, that makes sense.

I have to wonder why FEW in particular has so many clone characters when the last Warriors games like Warriors All-Stars, Berserk, and HW had less of them.
Maybe the game is low budget? xDU

osby

Smash Obsessed
Since it was brought up, how likely is it for us to get two new DK characters? I know we're trying to avoid conflict by creating scenarios where both Dixie and K. Rool get in, but I'm not convinced we'd be lucky enough to get two reps.

Assuming we're even lucky enough to get a DK character (because despite how people are acting, there's still the possibility we don't get anyone), I feel like we'd only get one or the other. Only so many characters can get in; Sakurai might want to spend development time on a rep for a different franchise instead of doubling down on DK.
Definition of luck changes. I'll considered myself really lucky if we get only Dixie Kong and Cranky Kong if two DK character is going to be in.
Which doesn't seem likely, unless Dixie Kong is a last minute addition like Wolf.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Pikachu first existed in the anime
Uh, what?

No, Pikachu first apparear in Pokemon Red & Green in Japan, which came in 1996, while the Pokemon anime came in 1997.

Darkraid

Smash Champion

Likely if Dixie is echo.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh right Japan I just really want Dora in smash mainly so I can Pummel her
:4alph:
Alright, I'm not going to continue from there.:4gaw:

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Steve or Rabbids, probably.
Steve I can probably handle more than the Rabbids. People who talk to me about Smash know I'm generally accepting of the weird things Sakurai does, but the Rabbids would throw me for a loop. A disgruntled loop.

I hope you mean in terms of being "edgy" and not making a crack at the Shadow fanbase. :V
Well, yeah.
I'll put a footnote next time about me meaning that the character is edgy, haha.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Been thinking about Skull Kid and due to :ultsheik: being here I guess he's just as likely.

I mean true he doesn't have a huge amount of appearances however neither does :ultsheik: in terms of his character he's basically the same idea as BWD and Captain Toad, an enemy or NPC made into an actual character separate from the rest.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Wrote this on a whim due to general boredom.
:ultsnake:Smash has changed.

It's no longer about fandom, relevancy and moveset potential. It's an endless series of Multi-Man Smashes, fought by Third Parties and Figure Players.

Smash--and it's consumption of wallets--has become a well-oiled machine.

Smash has changed.

ID-tagged Players carry ID-tagged Amiibo, use ID-tagged Controllers. Inherent flaws inside the engine enhance and regulate their abilities.

Franchise control, leak control, hype control, battlefield control... Everything is tiered and kept under control.

Smash... has changed.

The age of Party Gaming has become the age of Tier Lists, all in the name of averting catastrophe from the top tier fighters, and he who controls the Tier Lists, controls Tournaments.

Smash... has changed.

When the Battlefields are under total control, Smash becomes Competitive.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I mean true he doesn't have a huge amount of appearances however neither does :ultsheik: in terms of his character he's basically the same idea as BWD and Captain Toad, an enemy or NPC made into an actual character separate from the rest.
Skull kid actually has more appearances than Sheik, right? He was in both OoT and MM.

Unless I'm totally missing an obscure appearance of either.

I know I didn't respond to your point, but I never thought about that before.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Been thinking about Skull Kid and due to :ultsheik: being here I guess he's just as likely.

Sheik is a product of perfect timing. While she may be in a similar boat to Skully, he's just not as lucky.
Skull Kid's chance slipped with Brawl

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

I mean true he doesn't have a huge amount of appearances however neither does :ultsheik: in terms of his character he;s basically the same idea as BWD and Captain Toad, and enemy or NPC given made into an actual character separate from the rest.
Heh, he had 3 appareances, OOT, MM & TP. Sure, he have a very minor role in OOT, a somewhat more important but still very minor role in TP, but compared to Sheik, I say Skull Kill had more relevance to the series than Sheik only somewhat major role in OOT. (She also apparear in Hyrule Warrior, but so Skull Kid too later on thanks to Legend)

osby

Smash Obsessed

Tbh Sheik is Zelda.

D

Deleted member

People are being a little rambunctious, don't worry about it.
I find my own stupidness funny sometimes and that was the most stupid thing I said on this site so it's my signature until I say something stupider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom