• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Also need some help understanding this.

Are echoes straight clones or are they allowed some value shifts?

For example, would Shadow be stronger than Sonic but slightly slower?

I find my own stupidness funny sometimes and that was the most stupid thing I said on this site so it's my signature until I say something stupider
Well, no shame in that.

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Have we gone insane or something because I never thought I would see discussions about Dora the Explorer in Smash or whether Pikachu first appeared in the anime or games.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

They're almost exactly the same with some slight differences.
Lucina was slightly different than Marth in 4- I imagine it's the same case in Smash Ultimate.
All the animations are the same, and every move, but the characters have different properties.

Have we gone insane or something because I never thought I would see discussions about Dora the Explorer in Smash or whether Pikachu first appeared in the anime or games.
That was one person and people reacting to him for like 5 minutes

osby

Smash Obsessed

No. Echoes shares stats and attacks. Attacks can have different knockback trajectories, damage and hitboxes, however.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>implying we weren't already insane since a long time ago.

D

Deleted member

They're almost exactly the same with some slight differences.
Lucina was slightly different than Marth in 4- I imagine it's the same case in Smash Ultimate.
All the animations are the same, and every move, but the characters have different properties.

That was one person and people reacting to him for like 5 minutes
Lol guilty is charged

KMDP

Smash Legend

Our assumption right now is "no", on that front.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Well, no shame in that.
I'd imagine not since even a slight stat change could heavily influence a character's playstyle like Dr. Mario in Smash 4.

Mario in Smash 4 relies on a constant stream of pressure with reliable tools whereas Dr. Mario relies on the enemy sucking.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Okay here's another question am I right in thinking that Shadow changes rather abruptly from game to game?

Like in some games he has ki blasts

In other like his own game he could use weapons and vehicles.

But I guess we'd be going on Sonic adventure 2 here, correct?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
D

Deleted member

I come back and it's just starting to look like a burning trash pile. This is why we can't have nice things.

But can we please change the topic? This is really starting to get out of hand...
You're not happy about talking about if Dora the Explorer will be in smash

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah, I have one.

I want Gygias to be in Smash so that we can have an eldritch abomination as a playable character.

:)

I'm half-joking btw.:lick:
Just use Giegue form and you can actually make it. A Mewtwo echo would work best, they look similar.

D

Deleted member

I just realized that both of yesterday's Banjo leaks were essentially disconfirmed.
That's a relief, now I don't have to change my avatar to last page's subject.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
All I ask for Smash Lyn (beyond, you know, being playable) is for them to replace her voice for her FE:W one.

Seriously, I like Lani Minella, but the voice she did for Lyn wasn't exactly fitting for a teenager.
It seems like all the FE characters will be getting their Heroes/Warriors voices

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Continuing with my rework potential posts. My Mario one, but now for his clone, which is going to make this short. i'm also adding my ideas for costumes
Dr. Mario
:ultdoc:
He's Mario, but more specific. Doesn't really have much to work with.
Have the "clone balance problem", which is that differentiate the clones/original you can end up with at least one of them with sub-optimal stats because you want them different.
But I have no problem keeping him in as "Classic Smash Mario", independent to having different attributes from Mario. Because I've come to support the idea of "Echoes" with different specials as a replacement for Custom Moves.
Potential Moves
- If Mario got new S-special it would make the Dr.'s more unique.
- Hammer up-smash works for him too.
- Rename Final Smash to Miracle Cure?
Costume Ideas
- Scientist Mario (Odyssey and Game Boy Commercial)

note that I don't speak on behalf of Dr. Mario so they might not agree with this.
Next character I'll do is Luigi, where I think I have some slightly controversial opinions

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I come back and it's just starting to look like a burning trash pile. This is why we can't have nice things.

But can we please change the topic? This is really starting to get out of hand...
Fair enough.

We all know that F-Zero characters can't stand a chance of being added for now, but in the meantime, I must ask one thing. In terms of general consensus, who is the F-Zero character that people in this forum want the most?

For me that'd be Jody Summer, with Deathborn and Black Shadow coming after.

D

Deleted member

The only characters I want in Smash that can actually happen is shadow and Metal Sonic and Steve from Minecraft I gess I guess Alex as a echo of Steve could happen too

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pikachu first existed in the anime
Pikachu came from the Pokémon games...silly edgehog
*GASP!* Yay!
Marth and Ike currently have their new voices, and the Robins/Corrins need no changes since they still sound the same, so Roy and Lyn should be getting new voices (Lucina also...but I’m not ready to fully let go of Laura Bailey)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just use Giegue form and you can actually make it. A Mewtwo echo would work best, they look similar.
Echo fighter? Nah, that wouldn't do justice to him.

Him sharing some of Mewtwo attribute, but still have some unique move using his "Gigyas" form? I be more welcoming to that.
give me gigue and masked man and i promise i'll never ask for anything again
But...what if we get Masked Man, Giegue AND Porky?

Well, I know that, some fanbases will be mad at Mother fan for sure. But hey, beside that, that be pretty cool.
:ultgnw:

I'm slightly joking.
:ultgnw: is too soft, he is more on the lighter side of Eldrich tbh.

Giegue is the real deal.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
give me gigue and masked man and i promise i'll never ask for anything again
Masked Man got locked as homage alt. costume for Lucas last game, he may get the same again since he's a walking spoiler inb4 fiora
Porky I think has the highest chance as a villain rep, with Giygas right behind him if Sakurai puts in consideration Mother 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom