• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here’s my thoughts on the release schedule which also reflects on the number of newcomers we get. Sakurai said “I hope you don’t expect too many newcomers” but we all know that the guy says one thing but sometimes the opposite happens. We also know he is dedicated to his work and tries to put his al into the game - even at the cost of his own health. So I don’t think it’s not unreasonable to expect a newcomer roster between 8 and 12 including the E3 Three. So here’s what I’m thinking;

July - Special Video Announcement
Reveals a third party

August - Mini Direct with one newcomer

September - Smash ultimate Direct with two newcomers

October - Newcomer revealed in mini direct

November - Newcomer Revealed in mini direct

December - Final pre-launch Direct - Two newcomers reveals

And then we have eventual DLC to contend with.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Here’s my thoughts on the release schedule which also reflects on the number of newcomers we get. Sakurai said “I hope you don’t expect too many newcomers” but we all know that the guy says one thing but sometimes the opposite happens. We also know he is dedicated to his work and tries to put his al into the game - even at the cost of his own health. So I don’t think it’s not unreasonable to expect a newcomer roster between 8 and 12 including the E3 Three. So here’s what I’m thinking;

Reveals a third party

Do you think it’s possible we might get a reveal during EVO instead of a Mini direct. I mean, it could happen seeing how EVO is the biggest Smash/Fighting game tournament, and seeing how Nintendo is paying more attention to the competitive scene.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

Reveals a third party

Hmm... could make for a good game for us to play while we while away the time. "Fill in those slots".

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Do you think it’s possible we might get a reveal during EVO instead of a Mini direct. I mean, it could happen seeing how EVO is the biggest Smash/Fighting game tournament, and seeing how Nintendo is paying more attention to the competitive scene.
I completely forgot about EVO...it's true they could do that.

July apparently has something, but we don't know what they are going to reveal.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
I want to play a game! Everyone always talks about the newcomers they want, and we all have our list of who we think is most likely.

My question is, who is someone who isn’t on your list/radar that you wouldn’t be surprised by?

I only have one, it’s Ashley.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
If you don't mind me asking, what's the "Writing Team"?

I mean, I can guess (the guys who write the front page articles), I just want to be sure.
Yep, they be seeking new blood for articles now.
I just hope this means the return of the Nintendo Corner talks since I actually miss those.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I want to play a game! Everyone always talks about the newcomers they want, and we all have our list of who we think is most likely.

My question is, who is someone who isn’t on your list/radar that you wouldn’t be surprised by?

K Rool.
I don't have any attachment to him (I actually couldn't care less) but after the massive fan outcry it wouldn't surprise me a bit.
Hell, i'd bet money on it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Where's that spaghetti avatar HMMMMMMMM?
Now I'm just thinking non-standard Gen 7 reps.

Sallazle, Tsareena, Crabominable, form changing Oricorrio, Lurantis, Golisopod, there's a lot of moveset potential this gen.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Page 2013.

I’ll never forget that Mega Man trailer. Ridley was probably the only one that topped that hype for me.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Elma or Bandana Dee.

I do not dislike them but since I never played the games in their series that feature them (or heavily in the latter's case) I cannot really want them per say. For Xenoblade I would want Fiora or Reyn more, and Kirby I am quite partial to Adeleine.

Both would make interesting fighters.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Don't even get me started, Gen 7 had so many creative and unique designs it's ridiculous.
We need a proper Pokken 2 with more characters from post Gen 4.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord

Ashley - Don’t see the appeal, but she’s getting pretty big, especially in Japan.
Third Party - Generally not what I hope for, but I’m sure we’ll get another one.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Congratulations to all the new writing staff for SmashBoards! I look forward to working with you in the future~
Pyra Pyra Fenriraga Fenriraga and everyone else I forgot :X

I'll get my Internet installed the first week of July, looking forward to having Internet at my house!

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Ok do you mean characters I expect but don't really care one way or the other?

Because that pretty much every character I expect XD
King K. Rool, Dixie, Bandanna Dee, Chorus Men, Ashley, a gen 7 Pokemon who isn't Mimikyu or Decideueye, and then for echoes Impa, Chrom and Dark Samus...

I kinda like Isabelle but she could be added to the list.

D

Deleted member

Mimikyu obviously.
It's my least wanted character (though no longer to the point I wouldn't buy the game if it got in), but I wouldn't be surprised if it got in. Just salty and disappointed...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

I get excited by just about every potential character, (I made list over 50 characters long before E3 went up and in spite of disconfirmations, has only grown since) so I don't think I have one.

Only thing I can think of is a 3rd party that's not already involved getting a guest. (outside of Rayman, Shovel Knight, Shantae, Crash and Spyro)

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Ashley. She isn't my most wanted newcomer, but without her assist trophy and her popularity in Japan, I would not be surprised if she got in, really.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

I really only have one character on my list, so literally any other character talked about on SmashBoards would qualify for me...

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Congrats to the new writing team members! It's definitely a fun time, and a good resume building experience! It helped me land a pretty cool job. Wish you guys the best of luck. :)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Impa. Which I'd be fine with, since Zelda fans want a version of her in.

Also, Quote from Cave Story, or whichever mascot Nicalis decided to push for somehow.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Ashley, sort of.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Nintendo had never done such a thing and they seem pretty traditional in some regards. Of course, things do change and I would never say never but I don’t think it’s likely that we would get something like that.

Last edited:

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social

Honestly, Elma. I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles X, and I don't really care to... but I wouldn't be surprised by / mind seeing Elma.

D

Deleted member

Why do you hate Mimikyu so much? It's cute...
I don't like its design and I view it as Decidueye's biggest competition.
Doesn't help that most Decidueye detractors are also Mimikyu supporters.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

Isaac and Advance Wars rep, bar none.

Don't @ me

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Mimikyu obviously.
It's my least wanted character (though no longer to the point I wouldn't buy the game if it got in), but I wouldn't be surprised if it got in. Just salty and disappointed...
I don't like its design and I view it as Decidueye's biggest competition.
Doesn't help that most Decidueye detractors are also Mimikyu supporters.
I have to admit it's intresting to see you think Mimikyu is likely, or likely enough to not be surprised. Decideueye is totally still in the running though.

And honestly that surprises me that people choose sides. They're both super cool ghost Pokemon, defintely the best realizable ghost Pokemon from Gen 7 (Dhelmise is awesome but yea not playable material lol). So unless it's Grass Pokemon fans vs. Fairy Pokemon fans idk why people would be so divided. I'm just so excited that 50% of the likely Pokemon contenders are ghost types! Time to get spooky in this *****!

D

Deleted member

Honestly I feel like Mimikyu might end up being the Zoroark of this game.
And no, it has nothing to do with my preference towards Decidueye.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
To me, Mimikyu would work best as a Pokeball with a counter based mechanic where, when it hits, the doll slumps down and Mimikyu attacks with its claws.

Decidueye can be a Mii costume.
Incineror can be a trophy.
Nihelgo thingy is a stage hazard.

We all know that the mighty Drampa is god tier Poke rep material!

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I have to admit it's intresting to see you think Mimikyu is likely, or likely enough to not be surprised. Decideueye is totally still in the running though.

And honestly that surprises me that people choose sides. They're both super cool ghost Pokemon, defintely the best realizable ghost Pokemon from Gen 7 (Dhelmise is awesome but yea not playable material lol). So unless it's Grass Pokemon fans vs. Fairy Pokemon fans idk why people would be so divided. I'm just so excited that 50% of the likely Pokemon contenders are ghost types! Time to get spooky in this *****!
This. Either way we get a cool Pokemon newcomer :)

Noipoi

Howdy!
To me, Mimikyu would work best as a Pokeball with a counter based mechanic where, when it hits, the doll slumps down and Mimikyu attacks with its flaws.

Decidueye can be a Mii costume.
Incineror can be a trophy.
Nihelgo thingy is a stage hazard.

We all know that the mighty Drampa is god tier Poke rep material!

That's a funny way of spelling Pyukumuku...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom