• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Another Banjo-Kazooie leak
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422454434/#422454434
Smash Direct will be announced tomorrow for Monday where Banjo and Kazooie will be revealed for Smash.

You're welcome.

Banjo-Kazooie joins the Top 10 characters referenced in leaks.
Announcing an extremely popular third-party character three weeks after E3 instead of at the event where hundreds of thousands of people would've seen them?

How conventional.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So yeah guys! I'm on the Writing Team now! Really excited!

For the sake of simplicity- and wanting to get rid of that stupid, stupid username- I'm ditching the DarkAura64 part of my name.

It's what I've been known as here the past 4 years, so it wasn't an easy choice to make. Just kinda putting this out there so people hopefully don't forget who I am. :V

I'll keep my old name in my signature just in case, though. Wish me luck, guys! And of course, I'm not going anywhere, I'll still be... Y'know. Here.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Announcing an extremely popular third-party character three weeks after E3 instead of at the event where hundreds of thousands of people would've seen them?

How conventional.
They announced Pac-Man behind closed doors and Shulk in a Japanese-only 3DS Direct.

They reveal characters in strange ways.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

For the sake of simplicity- and wanting to get rid of that stupid, stupid username- I'm ditching the DarkAura64 part of my name.

It's what I've been known as here the past 4 years, so it wasn't an easy choice to make. Just kinda putting this out there so people hopefully don't forget who I am. :V

I'll keep my old name in my signature just in case, though. Wish me luck, guys! And of course, I'm not going anywhere, I'll still be... Y'know. Here.
Congratulations. You should feel proud that you got on the team.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If Banjo is actually announced anywhere between today and Monday, I’ll change my username to Regular Bidoof.

Or something worse if anyone has any suggestions.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
a few things:
I always love this thread even with all the stupid debates that go on because I love how passionate people are about the new game

also

I'm gonna be back for longer now than I was during Smash 4 speculation because look at my new flair

Pakky

Smash Hero
If this is true I’ll eat a 3rd hat on a hat in a hat with a hat

If he joins and has an intro with DK i’ll Change my name to HatEater

Last edited:

Nani?

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4613-7779-1616
Switch FC
SW 2020-9361-5549

Congratulations!

D

Deleted member

a few things:
I always love this thread even with all the stupid debates that go on because I love how passionate people are about the new game

also

I'm gonna be back for longer now than I was during Smash 4 speculation because look at my new flair
Congrats!

KMDP

Smash Legend
If you don't mind me asking, what's the "Writing Team"?

I mean, I can guess (the guys who write the front page articles), I just want to be sure.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

We're writing team buddies.

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
If this is true I’ll eat a 3rd hat on a hat in a hat with a hat
Will you eat them in a house, will you eat them with a mouse?
Sorry, Dr. Seuss is what first came to mind reading this.

a few things:

also

Congratulations!

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I feel like I'm the only person who has never cared about the organization of Smash's CSS. Like, why does it matter how they're organized? You can see them all, you can memorize where your faves are on the CSS to get to them easy.
Fully admit I never memorize where anything but Mario Characters (top) and dlc (bottom) are. Like I always forget FE and Robin are in that lil corner near the top right and he's one of my mains lol.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If this leak is true, I'll...

be really excited.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
a few things:

also

Congratulations! Do feel good about this whole thing.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'll one up that. If that happens I'll change my avatar to Cloud and change my mains in my profile to Jigglypuff, Sheik and Cloud.
Now hold on there, friend. I wanna up the ante on your particular bet. I don't think it'll happen either, but if it does, I don't want you changin' your profile for one day and then switchin' back.

If this happens, you have to switch your avatar and mains until the next Nintendo Direct.

D

Deleted member

I hope things go out really good for you! :)

Also if King K. Rool was added, I think he would be a heavy type like DK. I highly doubt a DK clone, but he would be like him. King K. Rool would have a good offense game like DK did in Smash 4, that is my theory. DK's offensive game is decent, because his back air is pretty good as well as his up throw to up air.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

How conventional.
They did it with the Brawl Dojo, some characters there were not revealed at those special events.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Congrats, mate~ Do this site proud~

D

Deleted member

I wish I could become one of the staff members.
I feel so unimportant right now that I basically ****post just to make people remember me.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Now hold on there, friend. I wanna up the ante on your particular bet. I don't think it'll happen either, but if it does, I don't want you changin' your profile for one day and then switchin' back.

If this happens, you have to switch your avatar and mains until the next Nintendo Direct.
Fair enough, I'll take it

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I hope things go out really good for you! :)

Also if King K. Rool was added, I think he would be a heavy type like DK. I highly doubt a DK clone, but he would be like him. King K. Rool would have a good offense game like DK did in Smash 4, that is my theory.
He's going to be a big character. He'd have to at least be as big as DK. And isn't he the biggest character in the game?

D

Deleted member

He's going to be a big character. He'd have to at least be as big as DK. And isn't he the biggest character in the game?
Ridley would still be bigger than King K. Rool.

Also if Banjo Kazooie is in Smash Bros, than I will be overjoyed.
I will not do anything. For instance, me saying that if Ridley was in I would lick a statue of Ridley. Ridley is in, and I did not lick a Ridley statue.

Do not pressure me to lick a Ridley statue, please.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I wish I could become one of the staff members.
I feel so unimportant right now that I basically ****post just to make people remember me.
You and me both, mate. I'd love to be a staff member too.

But for now, I'm content with just bein' a Light Blue Gal™.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I don't really like doing things like "if X is true I'll do Y!" because then I need to hold my end of the bargain and my lazy fat*** has trouble doing that.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Ridley would still be bigger than King K. Rool.

Also if Banjo Kazooie is in Smash Bros, than I will be overjoyed.
I will not do anything. For instance, me saying that if Ridley was in I would lick a statue of Ridley. Ridley is in, and I did not lick a Ridley statue.

Do not pressure me to lick a Ridley statue, please.
I'll give you 50 bucks if you do it. Nah, just messing with you.

I don't expect the Banjo-Kazooie thing to be real, though.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
They did it with the Brawl Dojo, some characters there were not revealed at those special events.
Sonic is a prime example, granted that was because he was such a late edition more than anything.

His reveal still spread like wildfire, though. It had a bigger impact than any Direct reveal.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Had an idea for an Event Match.
Event ##: The Price of Freedom
Stage: Mushroomy Kingdom (Battlefield)
Music: The Price of Freedom
Character(s): Cloud only (Zack only if he's an alt/echo)
Description: "Boy, oh boy, the price of freedom is steep." Help Cloud (Zack) out of this jam so he can get back to Midgar for that date he's been putting off.
Mission: Fight off 120 instances of Snake, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Bayonetta, Inkling, Fox, Falco and Wolf (15 each) without dying. No Time Limit.
Reward: SEC Grunt Cloud costume.

I know, I'm a monster.

Last edited:

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
Here's my take i've been sitting on for a while re: the reordering of the CSS. I like it because I like when lists of characters have numbers beside them that never change. I like that mario is number 01 and whatever else. In all likelihood it's just that Pokemon has broken my brain. It would be best to have the option to swap the order to being by series as well. Heck, maybe even throw in some other miscellanious orders just for fun like alphabetical. Nobody would use it but options are always nice.

D

Deleted member

We're writing team buddies.
Do not forget your man PushDustIn PushDustIn who posts here from time to time.
Hi DustIn!!!! :)
a few things:

also

That is good news! We should get to know each other more! :)

If King K Rool. gets revealed, I am going to buy a plush of King K. Rool and sleep with it for two weeks.
King K Rool. is likely due to him being popular and my theory of them introducing popular characters ( Ridley was introduced despite Sakurai's objections. ).

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Yeah, but this makes me wonder about something: does Sakurai see fighter moveset potential in the majority of the main DK cast? It could explain why not even Dixie showed up as an assist trophy, as they could be withheld until he figures out something years later or gets encouraged enough by people. Although part of this is Nintendo not really knowing what to do with the DKC cast until Retro was involved.

At the very least, they could toss in Krusha laughing off weaker attacks with his chest for AT purposes.

Incidentally, I'm planning on pre-ordering that.
Potentially yes, though considering he did originally plan for Dixie to be a part of a Duo Fighter concept with Diddy and still left her as an option with the other 'Forbidden 7', I don't think her lacking fighting potential would've been the exact reason. It could be timing/luck though as before Brawl, as you said, Nintendo didn't really know what to do with her or the other DK characters, and after Brawl she was dormant in general and Tropical Freeze came too late. So she could've just not been on his mind at the time, though with Ultimate that could be a different case.

And that Krusha AT idea would be funny, I could see that being nice to use whenever you need a bodyguard to get a breather from the action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom