• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
On another note, this petition for Waluigi in Smash has 27,000+ signatures.

Your thoughts?
I know it's only a miracle's chance by now, but I'm willing to bet that a majority of those votes want him in unironically. I haven't signed, but I'm one of the members of that crowd, specifically because I want to see the Mario sports games represented in some form (Peach & Daisy's smash attacks don't necessarily count, do they?). The sports games are some of the best in the franchise (Super Sluggers FTW!) and are ripe with all kinds of attacks and movements that would fit the Wah perfectly.

And to any of you unironic Waluigi fans in the crowd, remember, the peck-necks who made those tweets are not, I repeat, are not affiliated with us in any way, shape, or form. They don't have any right to call themselves WAHriors, and they never will be. Keep that optimism high, and if you ever see anything like that ever again, just remember these five words;

Also see Incredibles 2 when you get the chance, great movie.

Last edited:

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
My birthday page, oh yeah

Question: What new or returning Assist Trophies do you think we'll get?

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
My birthday page, oh yeah

Question: What new or returning Assist Trophies do you think we'll get?
New:
Rambi
Magalor
Snip and Clip
Master Hand (Because 20th anniversary of Smash)
Mallow (If Geno is playable)
Chocobo
Chun-Li

Returning:
Isaac
Custom Robo
Skull Kid
Ashley (I don't think she'll be playable)
Elec Man
Isabelle (Sakurai didn't use BOTW Zelda in Smash because she is a researcher and doesn't fight. I think Isabelle won't be playable for a similar reason)
Mother Brain
Nightmare
Magnus
and more....

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Damn I missed my birth year page.

Is it bad that I kinda want another F-Zero rep? It's a fat chance, but I like Black Shadow. Even if the F-Zero anime was a cluster**** of plot holes, he was one of the most enjoyable characters that wasn't Zoda basically f-zero waluigi. Then there's all the OP powers he had in the show for kicks an giggles. It's not like Nintendo or Sakurai would take anything from that though, the best I could hope for is a Melee Ganondorf swap. :psycho:

1. Could brainwash you
2. Can shapeshift and make illusions (He was literally the chairman of the F-Zero Racing Comittee in disguise)
3. Can manipulate darkness itself
4. Can make explosions by snapping his fingers
5. Can manipulate electricity
6. Can manipulate fire and lava
7. Can seal things into different objects
8. Can transfer basic energy into his own darkness energy
9. Can resurrect people from the dead
10. Can create intergalactic portals
The biggest one. Can create black holes. BLACK HOLES.

This one time, a reactor blew up his entire space station. He was like "nah **** that" and overrid its destructive power as it was blowing it up and then escaped unscathed. This dude has no limits, the only way he died is when Falcon threw himself and Black Shadow into the heart of his big boy reactor that did the whole galaxy blowup that for some reason everyone thinks Falcon was responsible for.
He's a strong boy.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

Is it bad that I kinda want another F-Zero rep? It's a fat chance, but I like Black Shadow. Even if the F-Zero anime was a cluster**** of plot holes, he was one of the most enjoyable characters that wasn't Zoda basically f-zero waluigi. Then there's all the OP powers he had in the show for kicks an giggles. It's not like Nintendo or Sakurai would take anything from that though, the best I could hope for is a Melee Ganondorf swap. :psycho:

1. Could brainwash you
2. Can shapeshift and make illusions (He was literally the chairman of the F-Zero Racing Comittee in disguise)

This one time, a reactor blew up his entire space station. He was like "nah **** that" and overrid its destructive power as it was blowing it up and then escaped unscathed. This dude has no limits, the only way he died is when Falcon threw himself and Black Shadow into the heart of his big boy reactor that did the whole galaxy blowup that for some reason everyone thinks Falcon was responsible for.
He's a strong boy.
F-Zero is the only series in the original 12 without a 2nd rep.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

1. Could brainwash you

He's a strong boy.
You're in the same boat as me with Yoshi rep.
F-Zero is the only series in the original 12 without a 2nd rep.
AHEM!!! :yoshi:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yoshi basically is Mario.
What have you done? You said the words you shouldn't have ever said.
May the top tiers have mercy on your soul for what's to bring a reckoning to you. :yeahboi:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
What have you done? You said the words you shouldn't have ever said.
May the top tiers have mercy on your soul for what's to bring a reckoning to you. :yeahboi:
Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach and Wario have all appeared in the Yoshi games.

Last edited:

Dracyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dracyoshi
Honestly, at this point, I want a stage for Bowser and Bowser Jr. more than a new fighter.
It's been four games and Bowser still doesn't have a full stage! That one transformation in Paper Mario hardly counts. They need a full stage.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if Yoshi will get a Yarn Yoshi Echo. That way the only Smash 64 veteran all alone is Captain Falcon.

:ultfalcon:...Falcon sob!

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I wonder if Yoshi will get a Yarn Yoshi Echo. That way the only Smash 64 veteran all alone is Captain Falcon.

:ultfalcon:...Falcon sob!
Well if their willing to do that with Yoshi, I don't see why they couldn't do the same with F-Zero.

To me it's like either both get new fighters or neither. They have the same odds

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well if their willing to do that with Yoshi, I don't see why they couldn't do the same with F-Zero.

To me it's like either both get new fighters or neither. They have the same odds
Well Falcon's still confirmed to have his Blood Falcon outfit so that's that particular character out. He could have a Black Shadow Echo who plays like Melee Ganondorf but I'm not sure about that one TBH.

Zeox

Smash Champion

1. Could brainwash you

He's a strong boy.
Never played an F-Zero game but I really believe that F-Zero deserves at least another rep, and I don't think anybody would complain, because the F-Zero world is the one that have less representation.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's get a little Brawl Era speculation in here and speculate what F-Zero racers could work as clones (or echoes as the kids these days are calling them)

Samuari Goroh is an Assist Trophy so he's out.
Blood Falcon is an alternate costume so his chances are looking poor.

The mote prominent of the other characters are: Pico and Dr. Stewart from the original, Jody Summers and Black Shadow from X and Falcon look-alike Phenix from AX (arcade counterpart to GX)

Who'd you want?

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Let's get a little Brawl Era speculation in here and speculate what F-Zero racers could work as clones (or echoes as the kids these days are calling them)

The mote prominent of the other characters are: Pico and Dr. Stewart from the original, Jody Summers and Black Shadow from X and Falcon look-alike Phenix from AX (arcade counterpart to GX)

Who'd you want?
Pico looks interesting enough. Plus isn't he featured prominently on GX's box art? So at least he'd be recognizable...

MysticKnives

Smash Ace

1. Could brainwash you

He's a strong boy.
I’d love it. Even better if his moveset were to have a little Melee Ganon and his anime moves together imo

MainJPW

M.T.A

Who'd you want?
Black Shadow:

1530259655677.gif
1530259655677.gif
Specifically because of his evilness and cruelty.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Honestly, at this point, I want a stage for Bowser and Bowser Jr. more than a new fighter.
It's been four games and Bowser still doesn't have a full stage! That one transformation in Paper Mario hardly counts. They need a full stage.
Personally, I don't feel like we really need a stage to represent these two. Not saying a Bowser's Castle stage wouldn't be nice, but I'd much rather get a new character or a stage inspired by something less generic like New Donk City.

Besides, Daisy's in the same boat as these two. Unless you count spin-off games like Mario Kart, the only stage she could ever get that would properly represent her is a Mario Land stage, and that seems incredibly unlikely when there's so much competition from modern Mario games.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My pick is Dr. Stewart for a couple of reasons.

1. I want Dr. Mario to fight someone with a REAL doctorate (Dr. Stewart was a medical doctor before taking up racing in memory of his late father, in fact he saved the lives of everyone in F-zero's only canonical crash.)
2. His theme music is incredible.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
My pick is Dr. Stewart for a couple of reasons.

1. I want Dr. Mario to fight someone with a REAL doctorate (Dr. Stewart was a medical doctor before taking up racing in memory of his late father, in fact he saved the lives of everyone in F-zero's only canonical crash.)
2. His theme music is incredible.
That music is indeed fantastic.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Speaking of this, are there any characters you guys'd like to see, despite knowing they're either highly unlikely or damn near impossible?

I'm not talking about characters like K. Rool, Ashley, Isaac and the like. I'm talking characters like Slippy Toad, Amy Rose, Big the Cat... etc.

My personal pick is Tifa Lockhart; as far as Square Enix characters go, they'd probably go for either Sephiroth, another Final Fantasy protagonist (Warrior of Light, Cecil, Terra or Squall), Crono, or Sora before her.
Not sure how likely they actually are, but the DK Crew would be nice (including Chunky, so people can stop saying he's dead). Also, Lord Frederik for brownie points.

As for actually impossible, I would like to see Earthworm Jim and Duke Nukem.

Who'd you want?
While he only showed up in one game and made Black Shadow a peon, I wouldn't mind seeing Deathborn in there. Now that's a badass design. Before him, Jody and Black Shadow are a must.

Personally, I don't feel like we really need a stage to represent these two. Not saying a Bowser's Castle stage wouldn't be nice, but I'd much rather get a new character or a stage inspired by something less generic like New Donk City.

Besides, Daisy's in the same boat as these two. Unless you count spin-off games like Mario Kart, the only stage she could ever get that would properly represent her is a Mario Land stage, and that seems incredibly unlikely when there's so much competition from modern Mario games.
At least she has a song from her game. That's been used since Brawl, right?

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Today's Smash Blog Update was just about:ultdk:.
Nothing new yet, carry on.
Here's the accompanying Today's memory from the Japanese blog:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Here's the accompanying Today's memory from the Japanese blog:

Cranky would be proud.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Speaking of this, are there any characters you guys'd like to see, despite knowing they're either highly unlikely or damn near impossible?

I'm not talking about characters like K. Rool, Ashley, Isaac and the like. I'm talking characters like Slippy Toad, Amy Rose, Big the Cat... etc.

My personal pick is Tifa Lockhart; as far as Square Enix characters go, they'd probably go for either Sephiroth, another Final Fantasy protagonist (Warrior of Light, Cecil, Terra or Squall), Crono, or Sora before her.
NiGHTS. For SEGA characters that are less likely?

Vectorman.

Him or Ristar.

At least Miyamoto likes NiGHTS.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
*AUX CALL PUSH SELECT*

Snake: Otacon, I thought that Marth was a guy, why does he sound like a girl and have longer hair now?

Otacon: No, Snake, that's Lucina, his Great Great Great Great Great... uh... actually, let's just say that she's his descendant by quite a few years.

Snake: Descendant? Are you sure I've only been gone for 10 years? It's now starting to look like 100 at this point...

Otacon: Well, she actually came back to the past from the future in order to stop the world from being destroyed by Grima, the Fell Dragon.

Snake: Time travel, huh... but isn't she potentially risking a time paradox by sticking around?

Otacon: Time paradox? Uh... you should talk to Colonel about that instead of me, I think he's more familiar with that kind of stuff.

Snake: Huh, alright.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Who'd you want?
It'd be between Pico, Mighty Gazelle, Jody Summers, Black Shadow and Phoenix.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
It's Jody Summer, lads. Not Summers. Just sayin'.

The problem with making a F-Zero character is that they'll need to be fully unique, as the characters that are recognizable are all much bigger or thinner than Falcon.

Samurai Goroh has his katana and Black Shadow has access to dark magic of sorts but I can't see Sakurai taking the effort to make the latter unique. Blood Falcon as an echo would have been perfect, but that's very unlikely. Shame too as he predates Daisy to being a costume!

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Dk is the pic of the day

Could that July 9th thing be true!!!!!???

(Probably not )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom