• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Dk is the pic of the day

Could that July 9th thing be true!!!!!???

(Probably not )
That's a true Lanky Kong tier stretch, but we can hope haha. We are getting characters of the day next week so we have likely 3-5 character of the days before then. If DK had 2 more character to fill in that space it'd seem more likely.

Last edited:

Nani?

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4613-7779-1616
Switch FC
SW 2020-9361-5549
Using the fact that alt costumes/skins weren’t in the demo is a fallacy in itself.

For a more obvious example, Meta Ridley was shown in the trailer, but was not available in the game. Does this mean the Meta Ridley costume isn’t in Smash? Of course not. It just wasn’t in the demo.

Likewise, Mario didn’t have his Fire Mario costume in the demo. Does that mean Fire Mario isn’t in the game? Again, of course not. It is, it just wasn’t in the demo.

This also applies to Assist Trophies. Considering Knuckles functions differently from Shadow, there’s no reason to think Shadow was replaced by Knuckles when they could easily coexist.

In Wii U, there was no sign of Isaac as an Assist trophy. If it was assumed that Isaac was playable, those assuming that he was playable were unfortunately wrong.

It’s waaaaaaay too earlier to make these calls. If Robin has a different final smash, then I think there’s a reasonable chance of Chrom being playable. The absence of the color scheme is not a reason to expect Chrom because it could still easily be in the game.

Likewise, Ashley, Shadow, Isabelle, and Skull Kid not being in the demo means effectively nothing at this point because we don’t know at least 20-25 Assist Trophies or something like that.

Frankly, saying something that’s missing from the demo confirms something is like saying that any character not on the roster in the demo is not playable. That’s nonsense, especially because we KNOW there is more content. There’s no reason to think differently with Assist Trophies, Stages, Music, Items, and costumes.
They were in the game. A YouTuber by the name GameXPlain showed off all alt costumes in the demo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mt53edFk4Q&list=PLZLCn6eOKOyFB9cmZmGfc9H1EReOvQ1UI&index=28

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
All that hitting the refresh command for nothing... Anyways, at the very least, I'm expecting maybe something new in July to keep the game's hype thrusters burning.
Honestly, I think Smash Ultimate is the first Smash game since Melee that I don't bother refreshing the website for new information.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Honestly, I think Smash Ultimate is the first Smash game since Melee that I don't bother refreshing the website for new information.
Well the hype train only started this month, so there’s still lots of time for new hype

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Here's a funny leak.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/422372208
pic unrelated

I'm one of Vergeben's sources, actually I'm a common source in general. The kid's a f***ing p****, I fed him some fake news to teach him a lesson. Simon Belmont.. Minecraft Stage.. HA!

Who am I? that's not important

What is that I'm in a position to leak Smash stuff

The game already has DLC planned, there's a seperate team that handles the DLC, Sakurai has very little say over them, mostly he tells them "Yay" or "Nay" on certain small details. The plan is to keep doing DLC throughout the Switch's Lifespan. Once things get in the swing you'll be looking at one character a month, this will be a big selling point once the game launches.

The base game has, in addition to those revealed

King K.Rool (revealed in July
Dixie (revealed in July
Geno (revealed in July
Bandanna Dee (Revealed in August)
Dark Samus (revealed in August)
Isaac (Revealed in September)
Chorus Men (Revealed in October)
Shadow (Revealed in October)
Chibi Robo (Revealed in October)
Saki (Revealed in November)
Bubbles (Clu Clu Land) (Revealed in December after the game launches)

DLC
Waluigi (Reggie has more pull than you think)
Rex W/ Pyra (Ordered by Sakurai himself)
Mallow (There will be a special bundle for an unnanounced Squenix game that gives you him for free)
Twintelle

Banjo Kazooie

No, Ubisoft told Nintendo to take Rabids or nothing...

Nintendo said it was up to Sakurai

They got nothing

Crash was never even considered.

Do I have them? Yes
Will I share them? Nintendo would find out who the leaker is...

It's a common thing to do when the game is being shown off to private parties... put a few "Gotchas!" in the gameplay footage that can be used to rule out everyone who wasn't in the private party

I can say that the Gotcha was a cyan Star Man (from Mario) in the character icons on the bottom.. So if you see that Cyan Star it means someone else was braver than me.

I've said too much as it is.

K.Rool drops July 9th, Dixie is in his his trailer

K. Rool has all of his personas and 4 colors for each (Kaptain, Baron, Pharoah, Aviator from DKP, and Boxer)

Geno will be released six days later, his trailer is very epic and in many ways a sequel to the Ridley trailer, as it shows Mario and Mega Man heavily damaged and tortured with villains surrounding them.. but Geno lights their darkest hour.

The October Trailer features Chibi Robo trick or treating, Shadow is one of the houses he hits, and he gives him a rock.. ignoring and disheartening Chibi Robo

Shadow is a Sonic echo.. not even his final Smash is different (It's Super Shadow)

He does have "Where's that Darn fourth Chaos Emerald" as a taunt, and Chaos Control as a victory animation

Honestly I'm beginning to believe a K. Rool reveal on July 9th considering that 4 different leaks say it'll happen. Maybe I'm going crazy from spending too much time on 4chan.

We'll find out then I guess.
This leak looks fake just because there's so much in there, but damn if that isn't my dream roster.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
There might not be a lot of new information coming out (which makes sense considering it’s still fairly new) but...damn...that website is beautiful. It was everything I wanted the Smash 4 website to be and more. Every inch of it is just packed and is continued to be packed with amazing goodness.

The Blogs, the images, the trailers, the layout...I am seriously in love with the website and will browse around it just for fun.

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
i cannot understand how people want Waluigi for smash and because he's weird and then turn around and say i dont want the Rabbids. if you played mushroom kingdom battle and did not laugh at some of the antics you may not have a soul. that game was the funniest game from Nintendo since Mario and luigi rpgs.
getting elma would be exicting getting king k would not make me feel anything. i like getting characters that will be unique or meta relevant i dont see how king k is either.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Here's a funny leak.

pic unrelated

I'm one of Vergeben's sources, actually I'm a common source in general. The kid's a f***ing p****, I fed him some fake news to teach him a lesson. Simon Belmont.. Minecraft Stage.. HA!

The game already has DLC planned, there's a seperate team that handles the DLC, Sakurai has very little say over them, mostly he tells them "Yay" or "Nay" on certain small details. The plan is to keep doing DLC throughout the Switch's Lifespan. Once things get in the swing you'll be looking at one character a month, this will be a big selling point once the game launches.

Dixie (revealed in July
Geno (revealed in July

DLC
Mallow (There will be a special bundle for an unnanounced Squenix game that gives you him for free)
Twintelle

Banjo Kazooie

They got nothing

Do I have them? Yes

It's a common thing to do when the game is being shown off to private parties... put a few "Gotchas!" in the gameplay footage that can be used to rule out everyone who wasn't in the private party

I can say that the Gotcha was a cyan Star Man (from Mario) in the character icons on the bottom.. So if you see that Cyan Star it means someone else was braver than me.

K. Rool has all of his personas and 4 colors for each (Kaptain, Baron, Pharoah, Aviator from DKP, and Boxer)

Geno will be released six days later, his trailer is very epic and in many ways a sequel to the Ridley trailer, as it shows Mario and Mega Man heavily damaged and tortured with villains surrounding them.. but Geno lights their darkest hour.

The October Trailer features Chibi Robo trick or treating, Shadow is one of the houses he hits, and he gives him a rock.. ignoring and disheartening Chibi Robo

Shadow is a Sonic echo.. not even his final Smash is different (It's Super Shadow)

He does have "Where's that Darn fourth Chaos Emerald" as a taunt, and Chaos Control as a victory animation

Honestly I'm beginning to believe a K. Rool reveal on July 9th considering that 4 different leaks say it'll happen. Maybe I'm going crazy from spending too much time on 4chan.

I didn't understand the cyan star thing.

EDIT: It doesn't really matter, I read the thread and it's garbage.

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Bowser is meta relevant in Smash4 .
While I understand why you doubt K.Rool would be good (heavyweight), I think you simply can't say stuff like that with so much certainty.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
On another note, this petition for Waluigi in Smash has 27,000+ signatures.

Your thoughts?
I'm not a fan of the use of petitions for inane things like this. I find their utility as a real means of effecting change is pretty limited, and should be reserved for things a lot more important than playable characters in a specific video game title. It also just seems to be dripping with irony. It's hard to see it being taken seriously. I want Waluigi as a playable character, but this is just silly.

Pakky

Smash Hero
On another note, this petition for Waluigi in Smash has 27,000+ signatures.

Your thoughts?
Everyone go home, you're all drunk.

I hope this makes Nintendo consider giving him his own game series but for real?

This meme is bad and unfunny, we got :ultridley: let use just bask in the victory of that.

Why ya'gotta come to the party already drunk and vomit in the middle of the dance floor?

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
I mentioned this in another thread, but Nintendo should just make a second Smash series with just characters who would never make the cut for normal Smash that's focused on competitive community. The Melee players would flock to it regardless of the roster and the fans of the Nintendo's underdogs could get their pipe dreams in, all without alienating non-Melee fans or "taking up a roster spot". With how big Waluigi is now for some reason they could have him as the face of the spinoff for publicity. I honestly don't think Waluigi will ever make it in a Smash game otherwise.

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
i cannot understand how people want Waluigi for smash and because he's weird and then turn around and say i dont want the Rabbids. if you played mushroom kingdom battle and did not laugh at some of the antics you may not have a soul. that game was the funniest game from Nintendo since Mario and luigi rpgs.
getting elma would be exicting getting king k would not make me feel anything. i like getting characters that will be unique or meta relevant i dont see how king k is either.
Rabbids aren't weird, their humor is based around being obnoxious and loud. Like the minions (which are just the movie variant of the Rabbids.) Waluigi's humor revolves around him being weird compared to the rest of the Mario cast and has been a fan favorite character in the party games for years, Rabbids definitely aren't comparable and we don't even have the main character from their series (Rayman) so of course they aren't going to be as wanted.

I also don't get how the Smash community thinks Waluigi is a meme or only liked ironically. Where have y'all been for the past 15 years??

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
With how big Waluigi is now for some reason they could have him as the face of the spinoff for publicity. I honestly don't think Waluigi will ever make it in a Smash game otherwise.
I think he'll get in eventually.

Aside from Toad, Waluigi is essentially the last major recurring Super Mario character not in Smash. Unless Pauline gets the Rosalina treatment or a new character gets introduced, there's not much else to choose from now.

Enchess

Smash Lord
I think he'll get in eventually.

Aside from Toad, Waluigi is essentially the last major recurring Super Mario character not in Smash. Unless Pauline gets the Rosalina treatment or a new character gets introduced, there's not much else to choose from now.
I can honestly see Fawful (RIP Cackletta) or Paper Mario getting in first. Once Toad is in, they'll be face a question of what way is best to expand Mario representation if at all. Their choices will be (1) more main series which has almost no potential other than Toad at this point, (2) sports spinoffs which is already at least partially represented by Peach and Daisy, or (3) Mario RPG spinoffs which have nothing at the moment despite popularity. I think they'll look at (1) and (2) and feel like they are already covered well enough. The problem with Waluigi is he doesn't represent a part of Mario series that isn't represented and of the aspects of Mario he could represent (pretty much just sports) he's the last choice.

He's like Kiddy Kong in a way. If Dixie gets in, there might be some fans who want the entire classic DKC crew, but it makes more sense from Nintendo's perspective to pull something from arcade like DK Jr, 64 like Chunky, or the new series like Funky.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
i dont see how king k is either.
If you don't know how King K. Rool would be unique then you clearly don't know what you're even talking about.

What does he have that makes him not unique? Does he breathe fire and have a spiked shell like Bowser? No. Does he have a hammer, can inhale opponents, float, and throw Gordos like King Dedede? Heck no. Does he use dark magic and a sword like Ganondorf? No and no.

What character aside from K. Rool has access to a Blunderbuss that can fire different kinds of cannonballs and mists and be used as a vacuum, use a helicopter pack, make it rain giant cannonballs, throw his crown like a boomerang, and turn invisible? If you don't think that any of this makes him unique, then this is as pointless as talking to a wall.

Enchess

Smash Lord
If you don't know how King K. Rool would be unique then you clearly don't know what you're even talking about.

What does he have that makes him not unique? Does he breathe fire and have a spiked shell like Bowser? No. Does he have a hammer, can inhale opponents, float, and throw Gordos like King Dedede? Heck no. Does he use dark magic and a sword like Ganondorf? No and no.

What character aside from K. Rool has access to a Blunderbuss that can fire different kinds of cannonballs and mists and be used as a vacuum, use a helicopter pack, make it rain giant cannonballs, throw his crown like a boomerang, and turn invisible? If you don't think that any of this makes him unique, then this is as pointless as talking to a wall.
You forgot electric trip wire, boxing gloves, using the blunderbuss to zoom around (which is still really weird and confusing), and potentially using Clap Traps.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Here's a funny leak.

pic unrelated

Dixie (revealed in July
Geno (revealed in July

DLC
Twintelle

Banjo Kazooie

They got nothing

Do I have them? Yes

"Waluigi (Reggie has more pull than you think)"

Yeah no I don't think so.

Even ignoring that it sounds too much like fanservice on steroids. Even if I do believe Sakurai is paying attention to the ballot and fan demand, this seems like way too much.

Still nice to see Isaac showing up in a few "leaks" though.

Edit: Also this line is super suspicious: "Rex W/ Pyra (Ordered by Sakurai himself)"

Who else would be ordering it? Sakurai is in charge of the roster. (plus we've heard in some interviews, or at least had it alluded to that Sakurai makes all of the roster decisions himself, so this sentence just sounds strange)

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Rabbids aren't weird, their humor is based around being obnoxious and loud. Like the minions (which are just the movie variant of the Rabbids.) Waluigi's humor revolves around him being weird compared to the rest of the Mario cast and has been a fan favorite character in the party games for years, Rabbids definitely aren't comparable and we don't even have the main character from their series (Rayman) so of course they aren't going to be as wanted.

I also don't get how the Smash community thinks Waluigi is a meme or only liked ironically. Where have y'all been for the past 15 years??

I don't think the character himself is a meme I think this whole general spike in his popularity is due to making him a meme among internet people.

I've always wanted him to have his own adventures and found it weird that he wasn't in the Luigi's mansion games.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
I don't think the character himself is a meme I think this whole general spike in his popularity is due to making him a meme among internet people.

I've always wanted him to have his own adventures and found it weird that he wasn't in the Luigi's mansion games.
Just saying, I don't really think Waluigi is really fitting for Luigi's Mansion, he doesn't really have much to do with ghosts. If anything, I'm surprised he hasn't appeared in any Warioware games.

Pakky

Smash Hero
i havent seen anything from k king k that doesn't make me see a variation of bowser. Ridley never had that issue neither did deedee.
When did Bowser dress up like a pirate and use a vacuum gun?

When did Bowser claim himself a boxing champ and challenged Mario to a match?

When has Bowser ever even played up the role of being a king?

When has Bowser ever been a mad scientist?

When did Bowser ever target Mario's main source of food?

Does King K breath fire? No

I mean bro...

Just saying, I don't really think Waluigi is really fitting for Luigi's Mansion, he doesn't really have much to do with ghosts. If anything, I'm surprised he hasn't appeared in any Warioware games.
Ya'know what hasn't been explored that would be cool for him, given his light association with them?
The Pirahana plants.

Like I can see him and Petey being partners in a game. What that game would be is a mystery.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
i havent seen anything from k king k that doesn't make me see a variation of bowser. Ridley never had that issue neither did deedee.
I've made this point multiple times now, but if K Rool has his moveset taken from his games (for some reason people refuse to believe any of his moves will be game inspired), he would be most similar to Snake by far. Boxing for tilts, projectile and trap based specials, helicopter recovery. He'd also likely have debuffs in the form of mists, a ranged grab, and zoom side-B to further make him different from other heavyweights.

There's just no way someone could get Bowser variation if they know K Rool's move pool at all.

blackghost

Smash Champion

so a recovery that works like duck hunt/snake.
a canon ball like bowser jr.
lol he's not turning invisible in smash.
throwing a crown as a boomerang, still doesnt make him unique there are three boomrang users in the game already.
basing him on a gun seems very unlikely as well. if these leaks are to believed that would have been geno. not to mneiton doesnt he only use a gun for one game when he has a pirate hat on for some reason.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
throwing a crown as a boomerang, still doesnt make him unique there are three boomrang users in the game already.
basing him on a gun seems very unlikely as well. if these leaks are to believed that would have been geno. not to mneiton doesnt he only use a gun for one game when he has a pirate hat on for some reason.
Ridley's Special is a fireball, oh Mario already does that.
Ridley's Side Special is a command grab, Ganondorf already does that.
Ridley's Up Special is charging and then flying, Fox already does that.
Ridley's Down Special is Focus Attack, Ryu does that.
All of Ridley's standard moves can be done by Charizard.

Well, I guess Ridley is a bad newcomer.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Here's a funny leak.

pic unrelated

Dixie (revealed in July
Geno (revealed in July

DLC
Twintelle

Banjo Kazooie

They got nothing

Do I have them? Yes

So this is the only leak that matters because Twintelle as dlc (I can dream).

No for real though super fake, those trailers are absolutely garbage... Chibi-Robo visits Shadow's house?! Like...what?!
They were in the game. A YouTuber by the name GameXPlain showed off all alt costumes in the demo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mt53edFk4Q&list=PLZLCn6eOKOyFB9cmZmGfc9H1EReOvQ1UI&index=28
Ummm Fire Mario and Meta Ridley are not in that video...I don't understand your point lol.

Enchess

Smash Lord
All of his moves he only uses for one game. That's kinda his thing. He also can do debuff mists, electic wire, and setup spike ball traps. That's pretty unique for the current roster.

Even if some of his moves would resemble those of other characters they would all resemble different characters.

Every imagineable character is "not unique" using arguments like that

Staarih

Smash Master
I don’t really have an opinion on Waluigi, but I found this video pretty great. At least some people know how to deal with him being an AT lightheartedly.

D

Deleted member

I know people are sad that Bomberman is an AT, but just be happy he got in to Smash Bros at least.
Like an AT is something, right? You can still see him in battle.

Enchess

Smash Lord
I know people are sad that Bomberman is an AT, but just be happy he got in to Smash Bros at least.
Like an AT is something, right? You can still see him in battle.
Right attitude. If Isaac or K Rool are revealed as AT, I might feel a little disappointment at first, but would still be thrilled to have them represented in battle at all. Too many people are making a big fuss over their character being an AT right now.

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
They're not all regular cannonballs, there's spiked ones and ones that explode, but not like that's really that important. Plus, the blunderbuss can be used as a vacuum and spray mists that cause different status effects. And just because he uses it for only one game doesn't mean he can't use it in Smash. When has Mario used FLUDD aside from Super Mario Sunshine?

Plus, what difference does it make that his recovery is similar to other characters' recoveries? Bowser, all three Links, and Donkey Kong have a similar recovery, they all spin and rise up. Palutena, Mewtwo and Zelda all use teleportation. Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man all use something to bounce off of for their recovery. That means all of these characters aren't unique from each other, according to your logic. Might as well say that Mewtwo, Lucario, Samus, Wii Fit Trainer and Robin all aren't unique since they all have a chargable projectile for their standard special. And Little Mac, Palutena, Lucario, and all of the Fire Emblem characters aren't unique because they all have a counter as their down special. And no, I never said anything about the toy machine gun being used for K. Rool, and I doubt that it's being used for Geno either, who has a much more simplistic gun that he uses that looks nothing like a machine gun.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The Fire Mario skin, Meta Ridley skin, Chrom colors for Ike, and Dark Samus colors for Samus were not in the video.

I’m not sure what you’re point is, but none of the skins I mentioned in my post appear in that video. Because Ridley obviously has that additional skin, it means the demo does not necessarily have all available colors/costumes for every character.

Mario, Ike, and Samus could all still have those skins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom