• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Ubisoft you dont have to give me a new Rayman game please put Rayman in smash ultimate dont add Rabbids please I beg of you. Rabbids announce in smash will put me in the ER man.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Honestly, I think with Sonic and Bayonetta, that's all we'll get from Sega.
"What would Sakurai pull" not "what will he pull".

What else would Sakurai pull out of from SEGA that currently retains popularity/relevancy? Kiryu?
Probably Kiryu. There's also Arle Nadja from Puyo Puyo and Akira Yuki from Virtua Fighter who got a Mii costume added to Smash.

Hatsune Miku.

Iridium

Smash Hero
For me:
Yes - :ultlink::ultgreninja::ultlucario::ulttoonlink::ultmarth::ultmewtwo::ultpit:
Can Do - :ultike::ultmetaknight::ultmegaman::ultwolf::ultsonic::ultroy::ultcorrin::ultfox::ultfalco::ultdarkpit::ultcloud::ultshulk::ultsheik:
At Least A Try - :ultsnake::ultyounglink::ultridley::ultduckhunt::ultmario::ultluigi::ultrobin:ultsamus::ultryu::ultzss::ultzelda::ultpikachu::ultfalcon::ultolimar::ultpokemontrainer:
Probably No - :ultdk::ultdiddy::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultkirby::ultjigglypuff::ultmiifighters::ultrob::ultyoshi::ultvillager::ultness::ultlucas::ultganondorf::ultlucina::ultpacman:
HARD NO. - :ultinkling::ulticeclimbers::ultpichu::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultwiifittrainer::ultwario::ultrosalina::ultbayonetta::ultdoc::ultpalutena:

I know I have strange opinions, so ask away!

Iridium

Smash Hero
Solid "No" on Pichu and Inklings?
Okay, I will put it like this. I could try Pichu, although I heavily prefer Pikachu, which makes Pichu look useless to me. Inklings however have always just annoyed me for reasons I cannot completely explain, and the only way I would even think of using them seriously would be if I don't feel irritated at them. I have to fix that myself, I guess.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
"What would Sakurai pull" not "what will he pull".

Probably Kiryu. There's also Arle Nadja from Puyo Puyo and Akira Yuki from Virtua Fighter who got a Mii costume added to Smash.

Hatsune Miku.
Ooooh, a Kiryu Mii costume would be cool, since there's no way he's getting in as an actual character.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Let it go. Fans are allowed to have opinions.
Mod Edit: Link removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Oh by the way, me putting Shulk at the end of my "list" was not me being cheeky. He is genuinely my second choice after Yoshi. He's one of the most memorable fighters on the roster and I find his gameplay mechanics fascinating.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
We talking about Captain Toad? I say he'd work fine. Just watch this by YoshiandToad YoshiandToad .

Thanks for the plug! I feel like we only ever discuss Captain Toad after I go to bed and I miss out. Dammit.

There's a few tweaks I want to make to this moveset; replacing the Mudtroopers with floating Boos to give a higher hurtbox to the up Smash and give him some better range, point out some little things I forgot to with the moveset which would make him mildly more viable and ease concerns such as the Switch Block when rising putting Captain Toad into the state of 'aerial free fall' allowing him to roll from using it into an aerial attack easily, or air dodging upon the final up lift of the block to gain some actual air.

Also will have to take into consideration concerns about the edgeguard. Definitely going to need to do a follow up video on this moveset in the future.

Wait did YoshiandToad YoshiandToad make this!?!?! I upvoted it on Reddit, I was amazed.
Thanks for the upvote!

I got another character in the works, but it's taking a while(animation is not a quick process). Looking at maybe mid August at the current rate. Oof.

Lucas Storey

Smash Cadet
I do not understand why do people want a weak Goku on Reddit!? He can stop superman yet everyone gives me thumbs down? that is like saying in Pokemon a level one goldeen and beat Mewtwo, ain't gonna happen!

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Thank you! You seem to be a dedicated Ness main, and I don't want to keep you away from him. But I appreciate it
I certainly am haha but truth be told the first ever character I used in smash 64 was none other than Yoshi ;)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I did some snooping around the main Smash site and inspecting it’s files. I ran into this leak.

Master Chief is Fighter number 66. His stage is from the first Halo and the Artbiter will make an appearance, maybe as an AT! This is big news folks? Give me some candy for my leaking skills!

It almost looks as if a guy with too much time on his hands made it!

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
I do not understand why do people want a weak Goku on Reddit!? He can stop superman yet everyone gives me thumbs down? that is like saying in Pokemon a level one goldeen and beat Mewtwo, ain't gonna happen!
Hmmm...what does that have to do with Smash Ultimate?

You want Goku in Smash?

Hey we have to mention we are on the page Melee came out. :p
Melee Aich Dee confirmed.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So out of the characters listed, who does everyone intend to try as potential mains? I have a list going on my phone with the characters I'm interested enough in to try out.

My current list of characters I want to try seriously is:

1. Inklings
2. Pichu
3. Palutena
4. Ice Climbers
5. Pokemon Trainer (Maybe Ivysaur specifically, but I'll try them all)
6. Ridley
7. Shulk
8. Wolf
Most of the characters that appear in my Signature, but I'm considering for at least the 5-most played:
1: :ultridley:
2: :ultinkling:
3: :ultshulk:
4: :ultroy:
5: :ultwario:
Runners-up would be :ultganondorf:, :ultike: ,:ultpichu: and :ultzelda:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Master Chief in Smash Bros. would break the fabric of reality.

Like...it would just be so far out there

MainJPW

M.T.A
Hey, Smash would welcome ancient literary figures with open arms!!!
The great think about Goku from Yūyūki is that he's actually eligible for Smash due to coming from a Nintendo game. And he was in Kirby's Dream Land 3.

And...in a way...it'd be kinda like having Dragon Ball's Goku if you think about it. This is what he looked like before Toriyama decided to make him more human.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Likewise, Mario didn’t have his Fire Mario costume in the demo. Does that mean Fire Mario isn’t in the game? Again, of course not. It is, it just wasn’t in the demo.
I've seen this mentioned several times but has anyone actually seen the Fire Mario costume? Noone has been able to link me to a picture of it.

I ask as it's easily my favourite one of his costumes.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Master Chief is probably my guilty pleasure third party want. I know he has nothing to do with Nintendo, has no chance, and would be horrendously out of place, but MAN would I lose my mind hearing that classic Halo theme kick in during a Nintendo Direct.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I imagine this has been said already, but what are the chances of any Dragon Quest characters showing up in Smash?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I imagine this has been said already, but what are the chances of any Dragon Quest characters showing up in Smash?
Possibly not that high outside of non-playable character status. Slime is the most iconic of the series, but also may have moveset issues to deal with. The others aren't nearly as recognizable and most of the protagonists are fairly generic(which is intentional, mind you). But who knows what could happen. Just having any content as is could be neat.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
It's possible, but not really likely, there really isn't a Dragon Quest character that sticks out. Like I haven't played Dragon Quest but when people bring up a playable DQ character in Smash it's just "A Dragon Quest character" there really doesn't seem to be an iconic protagonist like Cloud. Closest thing there is to a mascot is the slime which feels more like an assist trophy to me.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Possibly not that high outside of non-playable character status. Slime is the most iconic of the series, but also may have moveset issues to deal with. The others aren't nearly as recognizable and most of the protagonists are fairly generic(which is intentional, mind you). But who knows what could happen. Just having any content as is could be neat.
Slime as an Assist Trophy is probably the best hope for. I simply don't see how you'd make a moveset around him. But I'm not Sakurai.

D

Deleted member

It's possible, but not really likely, there really isn't a Dragon Quest character that sticks out. Like I haven't played Dragon Quest but when people bring up a playable DQ character in Smash it's just "A Dragon Quest character" there really doesn't seem to be an iconic protagonist like Cloud. Closest thing there is to a mascot is the slime which feels more like an assist trophy to me.
https://kotaku.com/the-dragon-quest-xi-character-japan-has-fallen-in-love-1797423013

That issue may have changed rather recently.
Too late for anything other than DLC, though.

EDIT: And to those that are inevitably going to point out that "she's not the Hero", bear in mind that Square-Enix never uses the Heroes in crossovers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Today's Smash Blog Update was just about:ultdk:.
Today's Fighter
#02: Donkey Kong
His charged punch is one of the strongest attacks in the game! In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, his Final Smash has been updated from Konga Beat to a flurry of punches!
Nothing new yet, carry on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom