• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If there is a story mode, I hope the characters actually talk. Those SSE cutscenes were really awkward.
I agree. I'd love to see everyone have text boxes and stuff, and then certain characters like Shulk and Bayonetta have a few actually voiced lines.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If there is a story mode, I hope the characters actually talk. Those SSE cutscenes were really awkward.
I really liked the silence actually, you can put a lot of show without a single word. :4pacman: Peach's cutscenes were usually pretty kino like when she broke up Fox and Sheik fighting by offering them tea and giving G&W her parasol.

Enchess

Smash Lord
I think Melee's Adventure mode was more fun honestly. SSE had really great cutscenes, but the levels and enemies were bland. I want something short and sweet like Melee's so that I actually want to go through it with everyone rather than being a chore I need to do to get everyone.

Lucas Storey

Smash Cadet
If the Charters did talk people would complain about the voice acting. mabye becuse they hired a 12 yearold to do a mans job am i right?

To: KMDP KMDP
yes.

well i was wrong I guess there was more lines than snakes!

To: Jedisupersonic Jedisupersonic
I can dig it that sounds like fun and a good idea.

To: Enchess Enchess
do you think Nintendo would hire Danny Ditto I thought he was not cheap to get the most popular smash has gotten was that guy from bill bye the science guy. an adult to play the role of announcer.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Wario Land 4 was definitely a really fun game, regardless of how it looked. It was really well designed and had a nice sense of charm to it as well.

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing something from WL4 in Smash Ultimate.
I just wish there was more Wario Land stuff in general? At least Shoulder Bash is back.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Found this hypothetical story mode on Reddit and wanted to get y'alls opinion on it.

Basically, the concept, as the OP described it, is "what if Ultimate's story mode was just split into a bunch of smaller stories where you start as one of the original 12 and go through their story, and as you advance through, you get more characters and advance through their story. But you also don't know who's going to be a part of each story until you play it."
So like 12 mini subspaces, I could dig it.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Voice acting is really not going to work out with all the Pokemon, mutes, and animals. That said, I support as long as Danny DeVito voices Pikachu

Troykv

Smash Master
Well, it's nothing to do with the fandom, that's for sure, I just... you know... fell of the wagon, so to speak. My top 3 favourite Fire Emblem games are FE7, Fates and FE6 (Echoes is no. 4, it was weird but grew on me).

I like Micaiah like I like most of Fire Emblem's cast save for my favourites (which is generally positive). The only characters I don't care for are the villains of the week and the hate sinks (as in the ones you aren't meant to like). I'll consider coming to the Micaiah thread, who knows, you may convert me. ;)

The thing about Radiant Dawn is I feel compelled to play Path of Radiance before it, and both take forever so I inevitably have another game come out that takes priority.
I wanted to get the true ending of RD, but that's... a few too many hoops to jump through in a short amount of time.
Oh; that it's understandable.

Oh; that is quite interesting; but I'm happy to see you at least consider the idea.

I'm that weird guy, I actually played RD before PoR (I knew many major spoilers about both game before playing anyway XD)

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
So out of the characters listed, who does everyone intend to try as potential mains? I have a list going on my phone with the characters I'm interested enough in to try out.

My current list of characters I want to try seriously is:

1. Inklings
2. Pichu
3. Palutena
4. Ice Climbers
5. Pokemon Trainer (Maybe Ivysaur specifically, but I'll try them all)
6. Ridley
7. Shulk
8. Wolf

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
One thing I'm a little sad about is I won't be able to have a certain dream battle of mine; I wanted to make Takamaru fight Dillon. A cowboy vs. a samurai; a clash of history between good old down home American culture and beloved Japanese culture. It would've been so cool... but alas; maybe I can at least have one half of this dream appear in Ultimate.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So out of the characters listed, who does everyone intend to try as potential mains? I have a list going on my phone with the characters I'm interested enough in to try out.

1. Inklings
2. Pichu
3. Palutena
4. Ice Climbers
6. Ridley
7. Shulk
8. Wolf
1. Yoshi
2. Yoshi
3. Yoshi
4. Yoshi
5. Yoshi
6. Yoshi
7. Yoshi
8. Yoshi
9. Yoshi
10. Shulk

not a joke btw

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Welcome to Page 1999. The year of the original Smash, DK 64, Crazy Taxi, Y2K and my introduction to the world.

As for potential mains, I intend to examine all the characters I played before, including YL and PKMN Trainer. Then check Inkling.

I'll be prioritizing Luigi, PT, and Mii Gunner above all others.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
One thing I'm a little sad about is I won't be able to have a certain dream battle of mine; I wanted to make Takamaru fight Dillon. A cowboy vs. a samurai; a clash of history between good old down home American culture and beloved Japanese culture. It would've been so cool... but alas; maybe I can at least have one half of this dream appear in Ultimate.
You have a feeble mind. It's more possible than you think:

Assist Trophy Fight: Takamaru VS Sheriff

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
1. Yoshi
2. Yoshi
3. Yoshi
4. Yoshi
5. Yoshi
6. Yoshi
7. Yoshi
8. Yoshi
9. Yoshi
10. Shulk

not a joke btw
Y'know while this was the most obvious outcome of my prompt, I still appreciate that you took the time to reply. lmao

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh; that it's understandable.

Oh; that is quite interesting; but I'm happy to see you at least consider the idea.
I like to give characters their fair shake before dismissing them (I actually went on a mini rant the other day about the shallow criticisms of Camilla and Charlotte from the FE fandom).
Ike did so little but did so much at the same time.
Efficiency|

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
1. Yoshi
2. Yoshi
3. Yoshi
4. Yoshi
5. Yoshi
6. Yoshi
7. Yoshi
8. Yoshi
9. Yoshi
10. Shulk

not a joke btw
Solid list. Yoshi is a dinosaur so instantly worth trying out in each Smash. Shulk's self-proclaimed purpose in life is genocide (can't believe I forgot him in my villains list...) so obviously you don't want to neglect him and get on his bad side.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
1. Sonic
2. Ike
3. Cloud
4. Marcina
5. Zelda
6. Daisy
7. Young Link
8. PKMN Trainer
9. Shulk
10. Wolf
11. Ganondorf
12. Kirby
13. Corrin
14. Lucario
15. Doc or Sheik gah so many choices.

Are my first main set of characters i'll be trying out, but I intend to learn the cast decently in general, I'll probably start out with Mario, Link and Kirby when I first get the game

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Ah, but you see, 'tis not the same. I can't play as either of them.
In Smash 4, there's also the Samurai Mii Swordfighter vs. Cowboy Mii Gunner matchup, which may or may not be in Ultimate as they haven't shown us any Mii costumes yet, assuming Mii costume options are returning. (I know, Miis don't totally count, but, at the very least they give us the tools to use our imaginations...)

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

1. Inklings
2. Pichu
3. Palutena
4. Ice Climbers
6. Ridley
7. Shulk
8. Wolf
1. Young Link
2. Sonic
3. Lucario
4. Dr. Mario
5. Cloud
6. Snake
7. Ridley, just to give him a go
8, Zero Suit Samus

The Dream
9. Isaac
10. Tails

The Fantasy
11. Tifa

And with that, I have to say goodbye!

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

1. Inklings
2. Pichu
3. Palutena
4. Ice Climbers
6. Ridley
7. Shulk
8. Wolf
1. Jigglypuff
2. Pichu

That's it.

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918

1. Inklings
2. Pichu
3. Palutena
4. Ice Climbers
6. Ridley
7. Shulk
8. Wolf
1. Lucario
2. Ice Climbers
3. Kirby
4. Lucas
5. Bowser
6. Greninja
7. Ridley (why not)
8. Pokémon Trainer (Ivysaur 4ever)
9. Ike

Last edited:

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
random thought: They should change R.O.B.'s final smash so that he transforms into the ancient minister and drops a subspace bomb onto the battlefield and blows everyone up. I always thought the AM was a cool design and I'd like to see it show up again!

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
random thought: They should change R.O.B.'s final smash so that he transforms into the ancient minister and drops a subspace bomb onto the battlefield and blows everyone up. I always thought the AM was a cool design and I'd like to see it show up again!
I agree.
I mean, Brawl's story was literally named after him after all. Plus, the little character development and backstory he has came from his role in that game. It'd be really cool if we could get something like that.

That said however, I must admit that I do enjoy Super Diffusion Beam quite a lot, and would be sad to see it go if so.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

1. Inklings
2. Pichu
3. Palutena
4. Ice Climbers
6. Ridley
7. Shulk
8. Wolf
  1. :ultpokemontrainer:
  2. :ultinkling:
  3. :ultbayonetta:
  4. :ultzelda:
  5. :ultlink:
  6. :ultroy:
  7. :ultshulk:
  8. :ultsnake:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

1. Inklings
2. Pichu
3. Palutena
4. Ice Climbers
6. Ridley
7. Shulk
8. Wolf
:ultkingdedede::ultdoc::ultpichu::ultdaisy::ultjigglypuff::ultcloud::ultwolf::ultbowserjr::ultsnake::ultridley:

current standings for my top 10 potential mains, in no particular order. Subject to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom