• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hard to pick one.

Lucas bair is something special.

A lot of Ness and Falcon's core moves were always unusually satisfying to me. Good Sheik strings too.

Doc up-b is super satisfying, as is Little Mac smashes + f-tilt.

Brawl Ganon SH AC dair was too fun. I'm going to really miss old Ganon smashes. :(

Melee Zelda's down-b was pretty great.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Let me ask you guys this. What is your favorite move in the Smash series? For me it's probably Brawl/4 Ganondorf's Side-B. Fits the character well, does good damage, bypasses shield, sets up combos. ROB's Top gets special mention. I love getting to play mind games with throwing it straight-up or tossing it just in front of someone, and it's such a nice spacing/edge-guard tool.
PK Thunder Rocket.

One of the reasons I main Ness, it’s a satisfying KO of destruction that sends others flying.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My least favorite move is Corrin's counter, no question. I've been killed by that an embarrassing amount of times.
I'm so bizarrely out of it today it made me think of Corrin using one of her kitchen countertops as a weapon Incineroar style.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Let me ask you guys this. What is your favorite move in the Smash series? For me it's probably Brawl/4 Ganondorf's Side-B. Fits the character well, does good damage, bypasses shield, sets up combos. ROB's Top gets special mention. I love getting to play mind games with throwing it straight-up or tossing it just in front of someone, and it's such a nice spacing/edge-guard tool.
I WILL NOT DIE...IT WILL NOT DIE

osby

Smash Obsessed
Farore's Wind. Cool teleportation move, good distance, very flexible and you get to have a ladder combo.

Also, I love the animation and effects.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I also like Corrin's stun gun. It's pretty fun.

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Wait, what? Why would the teachers ban something for just being popular? Were kids spinning tops in class instead of paying attention?
I don't fully remember the exact reason but I think it had something to do with how the kids played with them at recess. Like we wouldn't come back to class because we wanted to keep going.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Link's f-air, f-tilt or Spin Attack. All pretty good to me.

D

Deleted member

Wait, what? Why would the teachers ban something for just being popular? Were kids spinning tops in class instead of paying attention?
Because anything that brings children any amount of joy must be made from the powers of darkness and will destroy us all.

Or its just an overreaction to a harmless toy. :p

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
BREAKING NEWS! NEW CORO CORO INFO!
Coro Coro recently changed the 108 stages to 103!

So it is a typo!

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So hum... Apparently, People on ResetEra knows, from a discord that the Sassy Geno leak is fake... apparently at least

Well, I was in another discord channel, and there is a member that come forward and admits that they faked it.
Is there any reason to believe them? Did they have any other pictures of the model or anything? Not that I'm all in on the leak at all or anything.
I'm not saying that he's not in the game at all but I'm saying that the picture itself is more likely to be fake. All you could is take my words for it or not.
It's a bit hush hush cos it was told to us in confidence not to really spread it. So all I can really say is we've heard and seen decent proof that it was fake. Basically just hoping to keep people's expectation in check before dreams are dashed.
So, seems that it was a Discord Channel prank? It is not a Omni trick again or some youtubers right?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Perhaps Nintendo "scolded" Corocoro for leaking it which resulted in the return to 103.

Or perhaps they were mistaken all along but didn't change it for a month.

Fun.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Hi everyone, it's been a while. Anything new Smash-wise?
The splash screen read “ANGRY ****IN’ HYLIA crashes into battle.”
Wait? How could you read in a dream? That's actually suppose to be impossible, and impossible is a word I don't like using.
I'd love to see Phosphora make it in! That'd be really cool.
I thought I was alone in this department, to think that there're others like me in this world.
Yugioh was big when i was in school, still is going on today but now it has more rules to it than North Korea and is impossible to keep up with.
Still play with my friends from time to time... just no link monster please.
I love Corrin's Neutral-B; Dragon Fang Shot. Either KO foes with the blast alone, or follow up with the Jaws of Life Death it slightly beats Corrin's Side-B

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
So hum... Apparently, People on ResetEra knows, from a discord that the Sassy Geno leak is fake... apparently at least

So, seems that it was a Discord Channel prank? It is not a Omni trick again or some youtubers right?
The people you quoted don't even have names why are we acting like this means anything? Can you source if they have any form of reputation?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It may seem like big news, but it doesn't really mean that much.

It could have been a guess or the actual number in the original print, and they could have changed that number to 103 to reflect what the actual number is more closely, or to hide the accidental leak of info.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Why do people want things "just for the salt"?
Bayonetta's down smash. I don't play Bayonetta much, but when I do, the best part is spiking with the down smash.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
It may seem like big news, but it doesn't really mean that much.

It could have been a guess or the actual number in the original print, and they could have changed that number to 103 to reflect what the actual number is more closely, or to hide the accidental leak of info.
If they were trying to hide a leak, why would they wait a month to correct themselves?!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Cloud’s Cross Slash for me. It does decent damage, has some good range and is a great Rekka in its base form. The Limit Break version is even better, too.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
BREAKING NEWS! NEW CORO CORO INFO!

So it is a typo!
I really wanted it to be true that we had 108, but it's whatever. XD
I'm mostly just happy we have 3DS stages returning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom