• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
That is a really big double whammy of bad news.

Pretty much any new IP is cluster****ed out of base now.

And the beloved Sassy Geno pic is nigh deconfirmed.

If I have to wait two months just for Sakurai to tell me "Kencineroar kthxbai" ...

It'll suck hardcore but DLC hopes and the game will still be awesome. It'll just be such a downer to end on that note.

D

Deleted member

Why do people want things "just for the salt"?.
Some people say it in jest, but there are people who legitimately think it's amusing to see others disappointed, sad, or angry.

I personally don't understand it and think it's a needlessly antagonistic mentality to have, but to each their own.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Well RIP new franchises...

But Hey... at least it means we could possibly get a new F-Zero character

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Seems pretty *ed up, if it turns really out they needed a month to correct this...
Oh, boy, the next direct should be fun, if there are no more new stages and the newcomers are Incineroar, Ken and perhaps Geno (103 stages hurts the chances for all other Square Enix reps)...

Graizen

Smash Champion
Some people say it in jest, but there are people who legitimately think it's amusing to see others disappointed, sad, or angry.

I personally don't understand it and think it's a needlessly antagonistic mentality to have, but to each their own.
Start Supporting agumon in smash!
It's like that everyday!

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Honestly, I'll continue to believe 108 stages until proven otherwise. The asymmetrical stage select screen is suspicious enough for me. :lol:

LetterO

Smash Lord
BREAKING NEWS! NEW CORO CORO INFO!
Coro Coro recently changed the 108 stages to 103!

So it is a typo!
There's three ways I see this.

The It's Actually 108 Universe

-CoroCoro realized they screwed up and spoiled the total stage amounts so they change back to 103

The It's a Typo Universe

-It's a typo and there's only gonna be 103 stages total

-It's a typo but there's still gonna be more than 103 stages and they're only stating it's 103 because that's the current amount.

I'm leaning towards the first or last one. You all act like this is set in stone that there's 103 despite there STILL not being an official statement on there only being 103 stages total.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seems pretty *ed up, if it turns really out they needed a month to correct this...
Oh, boy, the next direct should be fun, if there are no more new stages and the newcomers are Incineroar, Ken and perhaps Geno (103 stages hurts the chances for all other Square Enix reps)...
Geno would most likely be a Mario series character and wouldn't need a stage to come with him (K. Rool and Ridley did not get new stages with them), so this hardly counts Geno out IMO.

Golden Sun, Rhythm Heaven, and other unrepped franchises are kinda messed over by this, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
At the risk of being bombarded with a bunch of "LOL just give it a rest" comments, I don't think CoroCoro really changes anything.

I couldn't tell you why they originally wrote 108 only to go back to 103, but if the last word from Nintendo was 103 stages, then that's what CoroCoro should say too. To rephrase that, CoroCoro will basically echo what we already know. I highly doubt they'll show us anything new, especially when Isabelle wasn't even mentioned in September's edition. Due to the delay, she could've possibly been leaked early had she been included.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion

So it is a typo!
Well dang this kinda hurts the chances of Okami and Shantae and other franchise that aren't in Smash yet... But I'm not losing hope for my characters, and other series outside of Smash.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Honestly selfishly rejoicing that Shadow, Bandana Dee, and Geno (kind of on Geno) have a chance now with 103 confirmed.

But damn, that really sucks for a lot of characters like Isaac, Steve, Banjo-Kazooie...now we basically have confirmation that no one from an outside IP is going to make base, and whoever's left is from already existing IPs.

The silver lining is that CoroCoro could just be reporting the number of stages currently revealed, and more may be on the way, but...at this point anyone banking on that may be disappointed.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Loz also made a Smashboards account and the notorious demo faker had a Smashboards account

If IntelliHeath has proof I'll believe it when I see it
It is still a good way to not go all crazy about it still don't you think? It's not dead, but I'm willing to believe IntelliHeath on that one, and I'll be mad because Jesus that Model is god-like, if it's one of Omni trick, I'll be sad. First Rayman, then that god wonderful Geno?

Square-Enix rep might be First DLC still with a stage, and if it goes that route, seems that either we get Mewtwo reveal last direct, or he will be revealed at the VGA like those weird rumors says?

Lowkey mad if the Geno leak is fake after making that infography picture about the Square-Enix leak

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It is still a good way to not go all crazy about it still don't you think? It's not dead, but I'm willing to believe IntelliHeath on that one, and I'll be mad because Jesus that Model is god-like, if it's one of Omni trick, I'll be sad. First Rayman, then that god wonderful Geno?

Square-Enix rep might be First DLC still with a stage, and if it goes that route, seems that either we get Mewtwo reveal last direct, or he will be revealed at the VGA like those weird rumors says?

Lowkey mad if the Geno leak is fake after making that infography picture about the Square-Enix leak
I'll be willing to believe it when, you know, I see proof. I could say Geno leak is fake and it seems just as credible as this guy. Geno model is wonderful though.

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Geno would most likely be a Mario series character and wouldn't need a stage to come with him (K. Rool and Ridley did not get new stages with them), so this hardly counts Geno out IMO.
That's actually what I meant, Geno has the highest chances now... The 'perhaps' I put there, because the chance for a SE rep to be there at all, seems lower to me, than the other two (Ken, Incineroar).

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Gonna reiterate that there's still nothing that indicates that it's set in stone that 103 is the final stage total. Nowhere is it said or implied. CoroCoro's only saying it's 103 because that's the current amount. Whether they're fixing a typo or an accidental leak, this doesn't prove 103 is the final amount. Y'all way too pessimistic.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

So it is a typo!
Well ****. Guess that means no Rhythm Heaven, Golden Sun, new 3rd party franchise...

Hope there’s room for a Xenoblade X stage at least

And if 103 is true, the “Minecraft content” Vergeben stated is probably a Creeper AT or something, or even music sans stage

At least this killed a million piggybacking leaks with 5 random extra stages

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hey, on the bright side of things, Incineroar, Elma, Bandana Waddle Dee, and Geno still have a chance

Last edited:

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
Let me ask you guys this. What is your favorite move in the Smash series? For me it's probably Brawl/4 Ganondorf's Side-B. Fits the character well, does good damage, bypasses shield, sets up combos. ROB's Top gets special mention. I love getting to play mind games with throwing it straight-up or tossing it just in front of someone, and it's such a nice spacing/edge-guard tool.
Nothing in my childhood can compare to the hours I spent in Brawl just spamming Kirby’s Down-B and Lucas’ Up-Smash on the CPUs. Getting to see all the different Stone transformations was a treat and the CPU always fell for it in the air. Lucas’ Up-Smash is just silly, too bad it isn’t actually good xD

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I'll be willing to believe it when, you know, I see proof. I could say Geno leak is fake and it seems just as credible as this guy. Geno model is wonderful though.
Yeah I hear you. I want evidence too. But I'm not going to let my pro-Geno bias keep me from saying that the sassy Geno render is probably fake now, given very credible sources in the leakosphere are coming out against it.

Assuming the Ken leak and now the sassy Geno render are fake, we have to resume our hunt for which leak of what character is getting what company riled up. And that's not an easy task...my next bet is the Sora "leak by retweet"

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Also, something else I want to point out about the 103 stages thing.

If 103 is the absolute final number for stages, then that means neither Steve or a Minecraft stage is getting in Smash. And for those of you who want to rationalize this by saying either could be DLC, keep in mind that Verge first mentioned Minecraft back in May. I'll let you decide how likely it is for Verge to know about DLC at a minimum of seven months in advance.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well ****. Guess that means no Rhythm Heaven, Golden Sun, new 3rd party franchise...

Hope there’s room for a Xenoblade X stage at least

And if 103 is true, the “Minecraft content” Vergeben stated is probably a Creeper AT or something, or even music sans stage

At least this killed a million piggybacking leaks with 5 random extra stages
The last thing is actually great.

D

Deleted member

As someone who argued against some of Box Theories arguments, I gotta say this piece of info doesn't look good.

I'm still not 100% onboard with it and really, really don't want it to be true, but I think I'm gonna start keeping it in mind more than I already was.

Incineroar I'm on board with now, but Ken being the final Echo, and randomly saving just one when they've all been revealed in batches? Feels a little poorly handled, but hey, even Sakurai admitted they showed off too much too soon.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yeah I hear you. I want evidence too. But I'm not going to let my pro-Geno bias keep me from saying that the sassy Geno render is probably fake now, given very credible sources in the leakosphere are coming out against it.

Assuming the Ken leak and now the sassy Geno render are fake, we have to resume our hunt for which leak of what character is getting what company riled up. And that's not an easy task...my next bet is the Sora "leak by retweet"
What are these credible sources, question?

D

Deleted member

We already have 2 new Metroid reps, I'm honestly not expecting any more in base imo
Maybe DLC then.

And yes, Elma and Bandana Dee would be cool (even if i dislike the second).

Edit: Crap, i ****ed up again.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn’t take any publication’s reporting on the state of the game as gospel as it relates to the finished product. Everything is still speculation until the Sakurai sings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom