• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
What are these credible sources, question?
Ok, fair, my understanding is it's (who appear to be) random people hearing second hand from peeps high up in the leakosphere with "credible evidence it's fake."

I can't take that for 100% proof, and the absence of the proof bothers me a bit. Why not just offer it and keep the person who furnished it anonymous or something?

But if they have no reason to disbelieve it and those leakers (and IntelliHealth) aren't ****ing around then yeah it's probably time to move on.

I mean, we've all started dismissing the Ken leak just because a leaker said the Ken leak is NOT real, so why shouldn't we dismiss the Geno render based on the word of leakers too?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Ok, fair, my understanding is it's (who appear to be) random people hearing second hand from peeps high up in the leakosphere with "credible evidence it's fake."

I can't take that for 100% proof, and the absence of the proof bothers me a bit. Why not just offer it and keep the person who furnished it anonymous or something?

But if they have no reason to disbelieve it and those leakers (and IntelliHealth) aren't ****ing around then yeah it's probably time to move on.

I mean, we've all started dismissing the Ken leak just because a leaker said the Ken leak is NOT real, so why shouldn't we dismiss the Geno render based on the word of leakers too?
Wait wtf are you talking about who said Ken leak is fake

D

Deleted member

"Wow, yet another Metroid character? How much fighters we need to get from that series because of SaKuRaİ BiAs?"
Sylux is the last Metroid character that i want, tbh.

And if Sakurai had a bias for Metroid, Varia Samus would be higher on the tier list.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Gee, I guess our last characters would have to be characters that don't need a stage, but I wonder who they could POSSIBLY beeeeee.........
thinking-gif-6.gif

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Have the RH characters use a Warioware stage, it'd make more sense than the FE characters having Temple and FD as their home stages in Melee.
I'd be fine with that, except for the fact that RH has some amazing music and it would be quite a waste to have only a few tracks

D

Deleted member

And if Sakurai had a bias for Metroid, Varia Samus would be higher on the tier list.
By that logic, FE bias doesn't exist sense half of the FE characters are unviable.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I still boldly believe that we have not seen all the stages for Smash Ultimate.

I am also starting to believe some people in this thread knee-jerks too much at every piece of Smash Ultimate info.

Give some time to think about this carefully, at the very least.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Lmao no, quite the contrary, most of our "professional" said that the Ken leak is probably real...
But honestly the Sassy Geno leak is still in the Limbo...It's just that there another thing possibly against it until we get more proof

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Gonna reiterate that there's still nothing that indicates that it's set in stone that 103 is the final stage total. Nowhere is it said or implied. CoroCoro's only saying it's 103 because that's the current amount. Whether they're fixing a typo or an accidental leak, this doesn't prove 103 is the final amount. Y'all way too pessimistic.
Yeah for all we know its actually 110 stages and this was a result of death threats from 103onists who think everything is as it was forever and ever

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Alright why can't they give us proof that the Geno pic is fake and keep the users anonymous :glare:

They could just as easily be anti-Geno people giving that pic vaanrose had or something, comparing an edited Wii U's background to the one in the Geno pic, so it could be an early version like the Ken leak.

edit: alright I admit this statement is extreme, I just figured that, based on anti-Geno words I've seen on GameFaqs, 4chan, and some around here, they could've taken vaanrose's picture - who helped us figure out the leak, just the picture leading us to a brick wall after all the discussion - and used it as evidence against Geno due to the similar backgrounds, but yeah they didn't say he wasn't in or seem negative...

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Contrary to what some idiots salty from tiers in Smash, Sakurai doesn't make characters high or low tier just because he wants.

Me: "We already got two new FE reps in Smash 4. I don't think we'll get any more."

Sakurai: "Hold my drink."

Sakurai does what Sakurai wants.
Am I the only one who cares about the interview where Sakurai said he initially didn't wanted Corrin? Yes? Okay.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Alright why can't they give us proof that the Geno pic is fake and keep the users anonymous :glare:

They could just as easily be anti-Geno users giving that pic vaanrose had or something, comparing an edited Wii U's background to the one in the Geno pic, so it could be an early version like the Ken leak.
I truly don't believe it's some sort of scheme about anti-Geno things...Cmon now...

Like I said, just keep in mind that there is "semi-credible" people saying that the pic in itself is fake, but they NEVER said that he wasn't in if you read again.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Let me ask you guys this. What is your favorite move in the Smash series? For me it's probably Brawl/4 Ganondorf's Side-B. Fits the character well, does good damage, bypasses shield, sets up combos. ROB's Top gets special mention. I love getting to play mind games with throwing it straight-up or tossing it just in front of someone, and it's such a nice spacing/edge-guard tool.
Captain Falcon’s Falcon Punch or B, it’s not really Smash Bros. for me without it. :grin:

BAC49027-3156-44C9-BE5D-10F59F04E901.gif

D

Deleted member

Gonna reiterate that there's still nothing that indicates that it's set in stone that 103 is the final stage total. Nowhere is it said or implied. CoroCoro's only saying it's 103 because that's the current amount. Whether they're fixing a typo or an accidental leak, this doesn't prove 103 is the final amount. Y'all way too pessimistic.
In fairness, the words "Exactly 103 stages" were used in the 8.8 Direct. I'm not saying it's impossible, but for me personally, I'm keeping expectations for new franchises low. Like, really low.

The most I see happening at this point is either the box is 100% on the money, or it's half right and there's an extra Echo or two with Ken. I'm starting to feel this game's pre-release was waaaay too frontloaded and the final Direct is gonna be way more about Spirits, Online, and whatever single player options there are rather than characters and stages like 8.8's Direct.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I wish there was a "Last time on Smashboards.com..." so i can get caught up on things i may have missed

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The dude who said there's a company with ruffled feathers over a character leaking clarified and said the Ken leak was not real.
He didn't say it wasn't real, he just meant that it's not the leak he's talking about based on his info.

I truly don't believe it's some sort of scheme about anti-Geno things...Cmon now...

Like I said, just keep in mind that there is "semi-credible" people saying that the pic in itself is fake, but they NEVER said that he wasn't in if you read again.
They never said he wasn't in, yes, I just really like that Geno model :c

I may have said an extreme statement with the anti-Geno thing, but after seeing words on 4chan and GameFaqs plus a few around here I just felt like it was possible...

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The dude who said there's a company with ruffled feathers over a character leaking clarified and said the Ken leak was not real.
I thought he just said through context that the leak that “ruffled some feathers” wasn’t the Ken one? He didn’t explicitly say the Ken leak was fake.

In fact, there was someone on 4chan who claimed to have faked the Ken leak, but didn’t that only lend more credence to it...?

D

Deleted member

Not true. He clarified by saying that the leak that "ruffled feathers" was not the Ken image, not that the Ken image was fake. Might as well believe the guy on 4chan who said he made Ken for a school project 2 years ago.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Okay, **** it, READ this, Idc about double post, but My jimmies get triggered everytime I see misinformation.

SquareEnix Rumor infographie.png

That's all information about Square-Enix rep right now.

He NEVER said the Ken picture is Fake, just that the Company isn't bothered about the Ken leak BECAUSE SUPPOSEDLY it is Square-Enix

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Takeaway: the box is inevitable, inexorable, and is coming to devour our hopes, dreams, and souls. All hail Kencineroar.

SO WHO'S READY FOR DLC??? :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

Takeaway: the box is inevitable, inexorable, and is coming to devour our hopes, dreams, and souls. All hail Kencineroar.

SO WHO'S READY FOR DLC??? :4pacman:
Once this game's out, I'm actually going to play it instead of waiting for DLC, so I can wait. Over 70 characters and all vets is more than enough to tide me over.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Oh for ****s sake. You know what i wasn't going to say anything cuz it'd make me look like "That fake leak guy" but before we turn into the Cult of the Box again, I'll say that I have on good authority that the Box Leak is BS.

kylexv

Smash Master
BREAKING NEWS! NEW CORO CORO INFO!
Coro Coro recently changed the 108 stages to 103!

So it is a typo!

Everything that has brought hope to the community for more than just what the Box Theory suggests is slowly disintegrating, one by one.

*looks at my sig I've had for about a month now*

osby

Smash Obsessed

Everything that has brought hope to the community for more than just what the Box Theory suggests is slowly disintegrating, one by one.

*looks at my sig I've had for about a month now*
Man, it's going to be annoying if last newcomers make people retroactively negative about the newcomers *checks* third time in a row.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Oh. So I jumped to conclusions with the Ken leak. He just said it wasn't the Ken leak rustling jimmies, NOT that the Ken leak is fake. For all we know the Ken leak is still real alongside another leak.

All right **** me, sorry about that.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Okay, **** it, READ this, Idc about double post, but My jimmies get triggered everytime I see misinformation.

View attachment 170883

That's all information about Square-Enix rep right now.

He NEVER said the Ken picture is Fake, just that the Company isn't bothered about the Ken leak BECAUSE SUPPOSEDLY it is Square-Enix
I highly disagree on that last Geno paragraph

There's a difference between your character being in a lot of disprovable text leaks for years now and your character having a high-quality image leak of his model that cannot be disproved

That's really all

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As a Box Theorist this news doesn't surprise me. It was obvious to me that it was a "Chatot is a pure Flying type" typo from the start.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
103 stages and Ken/Incineroar looks pretty good now.

I'm rather convinced that's the extent of the base game.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Ken.

Does Capcom even remember the existence of Street Fighter 2000?

I would expect them to not remember the thing.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Once this game's out, I'm actually going to play it instead of waiting for DLC, so I can wait. Over 70 characters and all vets is more than enough to tide me over.
Yup - once the game is out why care about the wait for DLC? When it comes, it will come.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Oh for the love of.. Mods nuke me now before I get so fed up with box theory i end up costing my friend a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom