• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Somebody make sure my understanding is correct. Corocoro said we have 103 stages. This supports box theory... somehow? And if Vergy is right (I think he is) then thats Kencineroar confirmed... somehow.

Help me out here, folks.
You got the gist of it. It supports it because the assumption that we are getting any more then Keniroar can be traced to getting a character from a new IP like Steve who would need a stage.

Poopyhead

Smash Cadet
i'm gonna box all u in the face if u start believing the box theory... Nintendo's not going to casually and so obviously leak the number of characters in a promotional image.

And I don't get why people were so certain of the 108 stages in the first place. Why would CoroCoro have exact information of the full game and print it after Nintendo made such a big deal about there being 103 stages in the game? I do believe there are more stages, but people were way too sure of themselves that it wasn't a mistake.

D

Deleted member

Some fans that i know on Twitter theorized about the news releasing close to the release day of the original game.

For more information, i suggest to look for SaveMedievil on Twitter.
That'd also be a fine date, but the spookiest day of the year would be a great time for Medievil news.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
You don't have to believe the Collective if you follow Box Theory. Box Theory is just Ken + final character. Only way the hive mind fits in to all of this is if you also think he's right, and then both assumptions fall apart. Even then, Vergebens in the past have had almost correct information with one or two things mentioned being false.

It'd better be on Halloween.
Box Theory and Verge are intimately connected, though. Most people who supported the Box Theory did so because the inference supported Ken as an echo. Logically is it possible? Yes, so you just eliminate one of those assumptions (there are still more, which is why it's still not parsimonious)--but there's very few people who actually have done that in practice, and use the Box to support the idea the SE rep is DLC.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
Box Theory and Verge are intimately connected, though. Most people who supported the Box Theory did so because the inference supported Ken as an echo. Logically is it possible? Yes, so you just eliminate one of those assumptions (there are still more, which is why it's still not parsimonious)--but there's very few people who actually have done that in practice, and use the Box to support the idea the SE rep is DLC.
I hope to god the SE rep is base because im not gonna spend 20$ on Nintendo's terrible online service just to get a character

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Wasn't the FE warriors special box released a week before the game??

I believe the design for it was up earlier, but I could be misremembering.
It was put up about a month before release as it came out before Lyn was revealed in the September Direct, but it was pretty clearly not meant to be shown then as it only appeared on one random Spanish site and then was taken down within two days at most. More then likely the intent was to keep it under wraps until much later, but accidents happen.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I really hoped the box was fake.

It's so damn uncharacteristic for Sakurai/the smash team to just announce to the ****ing world "HEY THERE'S ONLY TWO CHARACTERS LEFT" via a box concept. Like WHHYYYY after ALL this time, the hype, the buildup, would you just forget and leak there's only two slots, when they know damn well how attentive we are.

But at this point I've surrendered. Occam's razor dictates our doom.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if there's anything else but now I just gotta suck it up, buttercup, look forward to the actual release, and then hope and pray for DLC. The base game is already kickass. But it'd be a lie to say I'm not disappointed over my most wanted aren't going to make it...hell, most of the entire community's remaining wants aren't going to make base now except for the 2 people genuinely happy over Kencineroar.

Let's just all assume the box is true at this point. All signs are pointing to it. It is still so baffling to me how they'd actively kill speculation and hype in such epic fashion that way when they should have KNOWN what that box would do based on those remaining slots you eye zooms RIGHT to.

Let's get hype for the game itself at this point and not let ourselves get wrapped up hoping Kencineroar/the box isn't true. Anyone trying to argue against it is in absolute denial after this double whammy today.

If Sakurai has an ace up the sleeve hype reveal, great, but certainly don't expect it and be grateful for what we've got right now.
I'm in the same boat as you.

If this box singlehandedly killed all of speculation a month ago, why wouldn't Nintendo just reveal the rest of the newcomers sooner than later?

They were willing to dump almost HALF of the newcomers into a single direct (assuming box theory is true), so I don't see why they wouldn't just reveal Ken/Incineroar before instead of letting hype build up.

As for the newcomers themselves:

I'm completely fine with Ken getting in. Although I'm not the biggest Street Fighter fan, I do think, as an echo fighter, he's very deserving of a roster spot

For Incineroar.... uh. I... REALLY don't want him in. I'd rather have no new Pokemon rep at all. I'll be happy for his fans if he does, but I have no desire to see him playable. (I'd rather see Geno playable, and, as I've stated before, I have virtually no desire to see him in either).

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It was put up about a month before release as it came out before Lyn was revealed in the September Direct, but it was pretty clearly not meant to be shown then as it only appeared on one random Spanish site and then was taken down within two days at most. More then likely the intent was to keep it under wraps until much later, but accidents happen.
Ah, so it absolutely wasn't supposed to be shown; that makes sense. Thank you.

D

Deleted member

I hope to god the SE rep is base because im not gonna spend 20$ on Nintendo's terrible online service just to get a character
I don't think it was confirmed that characters would be locked behind the online service. Even if they do a thing where you get the character for free if you're a member, you'll still be able to buy them separately, like with Mewtwo.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Well that FE box wasn't supposed to be shown but this one clearly WAS. It's still around. Never taken down.

Again I have a hard time believing Sakurai would just slay hype like that but who even knows at this point. I'm just steeling myself so my inevitable disappointment won't be as hard to swallow.

D

Deleted member

I like Ken and Incineroar.

I would like a Leaf type Pokémon rep, but Incineroar makes sense.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
Well that FE box wasn't supposed to be shown but this one clearly WAS. It's still around. Never taken down.

Again I have a hard time believing Sakurai would just slay hype like that but who even knows at this point. I'm just steeling myself so my inevitable disappointment won't be as hard to swallow.
That's gonna make people wish that EVERYTHING gets leaked before launch again.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Also I should point out, since I'm trying to explain how "ONLY 103 STAGES!" confirms Box Theory (spoilers: I can't). Even if there's only 103 stages, SE rep being in the base or a character like Shadow would still kill it. Likewise, 108 stages wouldn't kill the Box Theory--just stages without a character would allow it (like Monster Hunter). One doesn't support the other. But you all do you. :p

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
I see a slow, gradual acceptance of Kencineroar growing with the deflation back to 103 stages.

Meanwhile, I still wholeheartedly believe in Incineroar, Geno, Ken, and Shadow, maybe 1 or 2 more.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Seeing the new Coro coro thing confirmed misprint

It hurts a few characters but the real question is it confirming the grand total is 103?

Also there’s a Mistake you all made not every character needs a stage not all newcomers get a stage

And ofcoarse geno is definately one of those examples and plus he’s technically a Mario character that’s 3rd party at the same time

I’m not caving to the box theory until I see it with my own eyes ken and incineroar are the last ones and no shadow and geno (till dlc)

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
i see 108 as having been a typo and 103 just being the current number of stages that may or may not increase. i really don't understand how this confirms anything even if you DO believe box theory

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
i'm gonna box all u in the face if u start believing the box theory... Nintendo's not going to casually and so obviously leak the number of characters in a promotional image.

And I don't get why people were so certain of the 108 stages in the first place. Why would CoroCoro have exact information of the full game and print it after Nintendo made such a big deal about there being 103 stages in the game? I do believe there are more stages, but people were way too sure of themselves that it wasn't a mistake.
Yes they will. Box theory for life.

It makes sense, and css would make sense. It is the truth.

Iridium

Smash Hero
It seems like every day we go without any announcements, something makes us go insane. We need something badly, don't we? Anyway, a little less than 10 days until the end of October, so...

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
Whats happening? Did CoroCoro mentined something important?
The newest issue brought the stage count back to 103

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It seems like every day we go without any announcements, something makes us go insane. We need something badly, don't we? Anyway, a little less than 10 days until the end of October, so...
I have Medievil news to look for and Spyro.

Also Castlevania Requiem and the netflix show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom