• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The character select screen is all the matters. Everything beyond is uncharted territory.
Yeah, Imagine! Now I have to LOOK at the stage select screen BEFORE the character select screen... FFS! SAKURAI!

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Imagine! Now I have to LOOK at the stage select screen BEFORE the character select screen... FFS! SAKURAI!
The menu sucks. There's too many screens I have to go to before I can see the character select screen, and that's the entire game. What the hell?

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So hype is super subjective and I personally hate when people say Ken and Incineroar aren't hype newcomers, because for their fans they are.

Butttttt assuming Ridley, King K. Rool and Simon we're the hypest newcomers in Ultimate would you have perferrerd them be saved for a final direct, or spread out closer to the end? Genuinely curious.

As a Ridley fan I'm super grateful to not have gone this speculation period worrying about his chances.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Misprint on the 108 part

But yes it may be a slip up and accidentally revealed there’s atleast 5 more

And did you not here what I said I asked the question does the magazine specifically state the grand total is 103 stages?

I’m pretty sure that’s a no.
Ah, now I'm corrected. :upsidedown: It sounded like you were saying this new count corrected the old one, but reading it back again I can see what you meant.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Regardless of how the CSS looks in the end, I just hope we have an option to organize characters by franchise.

Or better yet, an option to organize it ourselves.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Let me see two choices here, accidentally get someone fired... Or post box memes til i get booted off the site.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So when Echoes are destacked this won't look so fancy or neat from what I can tell.
...so is your point of "the neat CSS" still valid? I mean this genuinely, not trying to be hostile.

Looks neat to me. All originals are on the bottom row.

Regardless of how the CSS looks in the end, I just hope we have an option to organize characters by franchise.

Or better yet, an option to organize it ourselves.
Would be nice if they let it. I would like the ability to reorganize it.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Goddamnit I missed the Soulcalibur talk didn't I?

Also while I think a Kencineroar ending would be underwhelming, to say it's a hype killer is a huge overstatement. Them being the last two characters doesn't take away from what we already have gotten this prerelease cycle. I'm also confident that the Square character is base roster for a few reasons.

If it ends on those 3? That's pretty good IMO. If it ends on Kencineroar? Meh ending but it's fine.

On that topic actually, what possible announcement would hype you up to almost if not the same level as a character?

I'd say a completley revamped For Glory with an actual ELO system. That would get me unreasonably excited to play.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The TV show is awesome though. if you find a torrent, give it a watch. loved it as a kid.
And he deserves to be in Smash! They teased him with the bear costume in 4, and with the rumors of a Home Run Derby port for the Switch, there's absolutely no reason why Pooh shouldn't be in.

I get the feeling this guy really wants us to beg for a fake leak
He might be a real Vergeben, we'll just need his ID number to confirm which sources he's been in contact with. I'm starting to suspect that he's a spy sent to infiltrate the Collective.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Goddamnit I missed the Soulcalibur talk didn't I?

Also while I think a Kencineroar ending would be underwhelming, to say it's a hype killer is a huge overstatement. Them being the last two characters doesn't take away from what we already have gotten this prerelease cycle. I'm also confident that the Square character is base roster for a few reasons.

If it ends on those 3? That's pretty good IMO. If it ends on Kencineroar? Meh ending but it's fine.

On that topic actually, what possible announcement would hype you up to almost if not the same level as a character?

I'd say a completley revamped For Glory with an actual ELO system. That would get me unreasonably excited to play.
If we finally got a ranked online that'd be amazing.
****ing global smash power was so stupid.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Butttttt assuming Ridley, King K. Rool and Simon we're the hypest newcomers in Ultimate would you have perferrerd them be saved for a final direct, or spread out closer to the end? Genuinely curious.
I'm fine with how the reveals were paced.

That being said, the biggest mystery left by far is the secret mode.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
And he deserves to be in Smash! They teased him with the bear costume in 4, and with the rumors of a Home Run Derby port for the Switch, there's absolutely no reason why Pooh shouldn't be in.

He might be a real Vergeben, we'll just need his ID number to confirm which sources he's been in contact with. I'm starting to suspect that he's a spy sent to infiltrate the Collective.
VERGEBENS BE ON WATCH, HE IS ATTEMPTING TO INFILTRATE.

D

Deleted member

Language swapping on a per-character level, or importing custom music that can be used on any stage.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Or, more realistically, he's a faker trying to seem real as if this site is ****ing resetERA. And verge's not a better leaker at all.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I have a serious question though:

For the supposed legitimate image leak out there, did the guy who leaked Cloud say that the image was from the actual game, or was there no solid confirmation on where it's from, just that it is real?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You're really desperate in trying to believe the leak, aren't you.
Call me desperate all you want but I don't believe you have eyes if you find two models basically identical yet updated because it's of the same character
I've said before I don't believe the leak but it's far more credible than the vast majority of leaks and I think you know this.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Call me desperate all you want but I don't believe you have eyes if you find two models basically identical yet updated because it's of the same character
I've said before I don't believe the leak but it's far more credible than the vast majority of leaks and I think you know this.
>i don't believe the leak
>Sassy geno profile pic
Uhm, what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom