• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I think Geno is in, but I really think he is our first DLC character.

I honestly expect a direct sometime soon. But at this rate, not october (which kills Pokemon lets go in a way).

We get Ken and Inciniroar as our opening act. Details on more game changes, Single player, Online and then Ending it with Promises of DLC, with Geno being a day 1 purchase.

Then Maybe Shadow and others as DLC for the end of the year.
And then a preview of the next DLC character. Whom ever it maybe. (Lets hope Goemon)

Potato_

Smash Lord
B-but Geno,Banjo.....

:(
You shouldn't give up on those characters either if they aren't base roster. DLC's gonna be huge, and if Banjo isn't base I'm VERY confident in his DLC chances. I know I'm going to do the same if Skull Kid or Tetra aren't in.

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398
Goddamnit I missed the Soulcalibur talk didn't I?

Also while I think a Kencineroar ending would be underwhelming, to say it's a hype killer is a huge overstatement. Them being the last two characters doesn't take away from what we already have gotten this prerelease cycle. I'm also confident that the Square character is base roster for a few reasons.

If it ends on those 3? That's pretty good IMO. If it ends on Kencineroar? Meh ending but it's fine.

On that topic actually, what possible announcement would hype you up to almost if not the same level as a character?

I'd say a completley revamped For Glory with an actual ELO system. That would get me unreasonably excited to play.
-Make your own custom moves
-Make your own skins
-Spirits is SSE-sized but actually has you going to different game worlds and not "The Forest", "The Cave", etc.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Regardless of how the CSS looks in the end, I just hope we have an option to organize characters by franchise.

Or better yet, an option to organize it ourselves.
Whenever I see fan rosters organized by series my eyes bleed. They're all nonsensically placed.

Don't give em the option, Sakurai!!!

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Goddamnit I missed the Soulcalibur talk didn't I?

Also while I think a Kencineroar ending would be underwhelming, to say it's a hype killer is a huge overstatement. Them being the last two characters doesn't take away from what we already have gotten this prerelease cycle. I'm also confident that the Square character is base roster for a few reasons.

If it ends on those 3? That's pretty good IMO. If it ends on Kencineroar? Meh ending but it's fine.

On that topic actually, what possible announcement would hype you up to almost if not the same level as a character?

I'd say a completley revamped For Glory with an actual ELO system. That would get me unreasonably excited to play.
Robo cube as an item. It's like a pokeball but it summons custom robos. I know it won't happen with out a custom robo character on the roster but still.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I always thought the sassy Geno leak was probably fake because it so closely resembled a meme that already existed, and blurry still images of 3D models are always suspect. But then that begs the question, what was Tansut talking about? Is it something that’s still only in private circles? If so, how did it ruffle feathers?

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I always thought the sassy Geno leak was probably fake because it so closely resembled a meme that already existed, and blurry still images of 3D models are always suspect. But then that begs the question, what was Tansut talking about? Is it something that’s still only in private circles? If so, how did it ruffle feathers?
Easy. Pure bait.

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398
Please Sakurai just let us pick favorite stages and put them on their own page.
I'm not sifting through the 50 or so stages I'm probably going to play once or twice.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I know, I never said anything, that's why I had the "..." just so people can judge by themselves how it is not the same lmao
You did say "Well, there it is" if you mean the post comparing the models implying you believed it to be fair. But people shouldn't shoot you to be the messenger.

D

Deleted member

I will say though, now that I have some time off. Expecting more than Ken and Incineroar and saying they "aren't hype to end off this game" isn't being ridiculous. This game practically has the whole theme of either "this is the final Smash Bros./the biggest Smash Bros./the one to end them all," so to expect more than those two isn't being absurd, it's having expectations for what has been stated and marketed as.

This isn't Brawl. This definitely isn't Smash 4. This is Ultimate, hell, look at that name. It practically speaks it. Dreams have came true with Ridley and K. Rool, they're giving the fans what they want after much negligence in past games - it has it all, and if that menu theme alone doesn't say "Smash Ultimate is the greatest video game to ever exist," I don't know what will.

You can be hype about things, and you can also let your thoughts out on any current matter. But to tell someone that their feelings aren't justified is asinine.

Now that I got that out of my system, we're getting 108 stages, Geno is in the base game, and God help Dark Souls: Remastered does well on the Switch after the slaughtering it got.

D

Deleted member

Whenever I see fan rosters organized by series my eyes bleed. They're all nonsensically placed.

Don't give em the option, Sakurai!!!
I tried sorting our current roster by series, and while it is possible, I'd take website order any day. The only tipping point for me is whether or not Dark Samus messes up the N64 cast. If the N64 cast would be the top row without her, I'm stacking echoes.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I tried sorting our current roster by series, and while it is possible, I'd take website order any day. The only tipping point for me is whether or not Dark Samus messes up the N64 cast. If the N64 cast would be the top row without her, I'm stacking echoes.
Echos are put with their base,
So, should be in the N64 group.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Does anyone know where that Project M Geno is from, and how they would get the model?

I found a Youtube video that had it on the thumbnail; however, the model that showed up in the video, showing how the game glitched out at a Project M tournament by having Geno's model instead of R.O.B's load, shows it's the same model in Legacy XP:

They had to have made the model from scratch to my knowledge, unless they heavily changed Brawl stuff themselves, and the model itself would have to be changed as it has polygons and such that don't lineup with the leak's model at all.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I know, I never said anything, that's why I had the "..." just so people can judge by themselves how it is not the same lmao
Oh, my apologies, sorry... :p
I thought thas your proof of debunking it or something...
my bad

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
You did say "Well, there it is" if you mean the post comparing the models implying you believed it to be fair. But people shouldn't shoot you to be the messenger.
It was more of a "There it is" about like, "Well, you can laugh now" the "proof" he saw, I didn't comment more, because even myself have an hard time to believe that it's the same model.

But hey- people like to shoot the messenger

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I really hope we can choose from ANY song to play in Battlefield and FD.
Like, let them be our own custom soundtrack.

And a song remixer option would be nice. Just like what they did with the stage transition, except for music.

D

Deleted member

When they say PM Geno, I think of Legacy XP Geno.

If anyone wants to download the model and analyze it, be my guest.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Gonna post a higher quality image of the Brawl Geno.
View attachment 170900
Comparing to the Geno leak:
View attachment 170903

Thoughts?
I mean, one things that is nice to see, is how the collar and hum, "spring" thingy look the same- but that's the only things that look alike for me-

Does anyone know where that Project M Geno is from, and how they would get the model?

I found a Youtube video that had it on the thumbnail; however, the model that showed up in the video, showing how the game glitched out at a Project M tournament by having Geno's model instead of R.O.B's load, shows it's the same model in Legacy XP:

They had to have made the model from scratch to my knowledge, unless they heavily changed Brawl stuff themselves, and the model itself would have to be changed as it has polygons and such that don't lineup with the leak's model at all.
No idea- I though Project M never went to 4.0

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Well damn...I may be biased but those two images look N O T H I N G alike. At all.

Just like the ken leak attempts at disproving it made it stronger, I honestly have my faith not only restored but strengthened all the more by that rather pathetic attempt.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, and as for Ultimate footage, there's EGLX in a week from now. Hope to see some good gameplay there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom