• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kooj Kooj

Smash Cadet
Umm... boy, is this heated?

Here let me ask you all a question:
Which Smash Ultimate reveal trailer has been your favorite so far?
I personally have a soft spot for the initial announcement trailer with the Inklings, as that is still the one that got me the most hyped.
I really enjoyed the Belmont reveals. I would have picked Isabelle but the first part with her working in the office lasted a little too long imo. I admit none of the character choices have resounded terribly well with me, but the trailers have been very enjoyable.

Potato_

Smash Lord

This is without a doubt the BEST reveal. Especially because it came right off of the high of "Everyone Is Here!"

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319

I personally have a soft spot for the initial announcement trailer with the Inklings, as that is still the one that got me the most hyped.
:ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool:
HIS MOST FINEST TRAILER

Yeah, K.Rool’s trailer is too awesome and hype inducing, I still watch it multiple times to this day.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253

I think Isabelle, because of how much of a TROLL it was, people expecting animal crossing only to get smash...only to get animal crossing AFTERWARDS. Ultimate troll and bait and, dare I say, Nintendo switch. ;'v

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ugh just accept the damn box might be true and don't turn this thread into your personal tantrum. No one cares.
It's just as true as it is false. That's to say it's neither and both are equally plausible. You're either a pessimist or an optimist on this one, dude. He's definitely a pessimist. Also, protip from experience, basically telling someone to force your idea down their throat when they disagree with it is only making things worse.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

That one was hype. I'll miss when burning Smash monolith and shadows was a thing.

Though best one is the trailer of Belmonts.

D

Deleted member

People say that the end game for Smash 4 Wii U wasn't hype but I'm pretty sure like half of you actively wet your pants during the 50 Fact Extravaganza. I think people are grossly underselling how big the final Smash Direct before Ultimate's launch could be. Also, something to note, we already knew the full initial roster for Smash 4 at the time and now we don't for Ultimate. I think that alone sets the for stage for more bombshells than most people are currently implying.
The best part is every time people say that, I just remember how I'm a weirdo and how Shulk was my most wanted character. The endgame for Smash 4 was the best time.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'm gonna be real here...if Ken and Incineroar are enough to kill your hype for this game, you probably weren't very hyped for it to begin with.
It's called pacing. If that's the route they chose, from our perspective right now, it's terribly paced*. Doesn't mean it can't happen, but ending with a Pokemon and an echo is leagues different than ending on a character from a new series (Shulk), a character with multiple character alts (Bowser Jr) and a shocking retro character (Duck Hunt). People say Smash 4 fizzled out--those are extraordinary reveals compared to ending on Kencineroar (this is an opinion of course, not stated as objective fact).

Though, I will say it wouldn't "kill my hype". But it wouldn't make me more excited than I already was either (and I've stated plenty of times that the game could have ended with E3 and I would have been satisfied). If the green mode is amazing, it could increase the hype still, but we have no clue right now if that's the case.

*and if that's considered an unjustified stance, Sakurai even stated they "went overboard", which directly addresses the pacing, so it's not like it's an unjustified complaint.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
KingofKoopas KingofKoopas J JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

O.K. guys seriously. We all know the box theory isn't confirmed; that's why it's called a theory.

However, I do understand that there are legitimate arguments that could lead someone to believe it's real

I personally don't want this to real, however, I accept that there is a decent chance of it being real.

However, ****posting and arguing on the topic is NOT going to further prove or disprove your beliefs.

You guys can debate over the topic, but insulting people who don't agree with you isn't what this site was made for.

Sorry for being a backseat mod, but I honestly can't ****ing stand when people get like this over Smash.
I already apologized to him and I won't continue

Post has since been removed
Okay, that's fair...though again, it's best to let them disappoint themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I loved the trailer for Ridley, K.Rool and the Castlevania content.

The Canela/Isabelle trailer has also grown on me after seeing how much it feels like an actual Animal Crossing gameplay.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Cheesy Rock is best rock though.

People say that the end game for Smash 4 Wii U wasn't hype but I'm pretty sure like half of you actively wet your pants during the 50 Fact Extravaganza. I think people are grossly underselling how big the final Smash Direct before Ultimate's launch could be. Also, something to note, we already knew the full initial roster for Smash 4 at the time and now we don't for Ultimate. I think that alone sets the stage for more bombshells than most people are currently implying.
Honestly, the only reason it wasn't was because of the 3DS version, as you said.

Even still, it had some really cool stuff in it, plus Mewtwo.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Alright im sorry for anything i said to you, but like i said im waiting to be banned. And my problem isnt they believe box theory, youre allowed to be wrong. My problem is the attitude of smugness. The kind of nose in the air superiority complex you only get out of Box Theorists, moral crusaders, and german nationals. Of course I aint much better being a complete ******* but why bother being on their level when it means being a snob.
Calling the kettle.

And box theory does not stop characters. Dlc is a thing.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Incoming long post!

Why do people hate people who dislike Incineroar and Ken? What's wrong with disliking them?
I kinda disagree with this statement. I can still be hype for the game but ken and incineroar are just characters that are not my cup of tea. Idk why people just won’t allow others to dislike something in smash when it comes to character inclusions.
I don't think anyone is hating on those people...I think there's a difference between not liking a character and a character killing your hype. I think Ken is suppppperrrr boring, but his reveal won't kill the hype for me, he's just another character I won't play. In a cast of 60+ there are gunna be characters I don't care about.

So no one's saying you can't not like a character. Heck, no one is saying you can't lose hype after a character reveal, but it does imply that the game hasn't hyped you much (which is fine).
I'm fine with how the reveals were paced.

That being said, the biggest mystery left by far is the secret mode.
Yessssss so interested in it. Please don't dissapoint Sakurai :(
Gonna post a higher quality image of the Brawl Geno.
View attachment 170900
Comparing to the Geno leak:
View attachment 170903

Thoughts?
I...don't see it...anyone smarter at this can explain???
KingofKoopas apparently wants attention and your giving it to him by continuing to reply. If you want him to stop, ignore him. Simple as that.
And report.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Inklings are a close second to the RETURN OF THE KING BAYBEE!!

Ridley's was probably third to me, that one was good but for some reason the King K Rool one really got me pumped.
oh **** i just realized king k. rool knocked out king dedede :bobomb:

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'll ask a question myself: what are your top 10 characters in Ultimate? Doesn't matter for what reason (mains, preference, etc.), and order/no order is up to you.

For me:
1. :ultlink:
2. :ultgreninja:
3. :ultlucario:
4. :ultsonic:
5. :ultmewtwo:
6. :ultsimon: (:ultrichter:)
7. :ulttoonlink:
8. :ultpit:
9. :ultyounglink:
10. :ultmarth:

A good time to have literally 10 (11?) mains.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

:ultkrool:for me. I wanted Ridley much more than K Rool, but I expected Rids and K Rool came out of nowhere. As a character I prefer Ridley, and I'm more excited for him too, but as a reveal, King K Rool was more exciting.

TheCrystalCave

Smash Cadet
So we all thinking October is a dud? First week of November is the conclusion? Any evidence for next week's chances?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Box theory was an inside job.

Also, a Pokemon character as the final newcomer is a pacing issue? One of the most popular game series of all time?

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
It's getting lost amongst all the discussion, but yeah I can't see how on earth the Geno model from Project M remotely resembles sassy Geno.

They said "oh it got touched up/updated yada yada yada" but no. I'm sorry, that cannot be the case. They're entirely different models.

Whether the sassy Geno is fake or not, THIS is perhaps the worst attempt I've seen at disproving a leak aside from the "Ken student model" story.

And should you think I'm biased, remember I believe both the Ken and Geno images are very likely real, despite my not liking Ken.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The best part is every time people say that, I just remember how I'm a weirdo and how Shulk was my most wanted character. The endgame for Smash 4 was the best time.
I also think people forget what a huge deal Operation: Rainfall was for Nintendo fans. Nintendo was pretty ready to slam the door on JRPGs in the West and then gamers rose up and in mass said "TF you doin' Nintendo?!" To me, Shulk making it in Smash was symbolic of that and, look, its had 3 games in roughly 6 years. That's a hellavu comeback story all in all.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Gonna post a higher quality image of the Brawl Geno.
View attachment 170900
Comparing to the Geno leak:
View attachment 170903

Thoughts?
How are these supposed to be similar? At first I thought it was a joke, but if this is taken seriously--no, they don't look similar at all to me.

Sassy Geno looks more like this:

But I don't think those are the same (in fact, I think this gif was in response to this "leak"). But to me it means to be cautious, as people can do some crazy things with Geno that look fairly realistic. But the pics being compared? They... don't look the same... at all.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Okay, that's fair...though again, it's best to let them disappoint themselves.
Let me share a little something i use as part of my personal philosophy.
"The only true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing." Socrates
something that helps go through life that even if you THINK you got something figured out you can be amazed by what little you actually understand about it. can be any subject too. Science, Philosophy, even something as mundane as a video game. Again my big issue with the box theory is how its adherents act, not the belief in and of itself although to be fair, the belief itself is rather underwhelming too.

D

Deleted member

So we all thinking October is a dud? First week of November is the conclusion? Any evidence for next week's chances?
October will have something, and to think having something in November will no doubt overshadow Pokemon, Diablo, Warframe, etc.
You HAVE to have those games breathe. There's already a bundle and heavy marketing for Smash that month, a Direct that month would practically be overkill and unfortunately overshadow the big games that month a bit.

Untouch

Smash Master
LeakyPandy is suggesting that the direct is on the 5th.
This is an incredibly safe bet so whatever, but just saying.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Best newcomer, zero leaks. Don't get me wrong, Simon, Ridley, and ESPECIALLY Inkling are hype(I stayed up 'till one last night for the Splatfest lol) but King K. Rool? A character I've wanted for Years?

Long live indeed.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I'll ask a question myself: what are your top 10 characters in Ultimate? Doesn't matter for what reason (mains, preference, etc.), and order/no order is up to you.

For me:
1. :ultlink:
2. :ultgreninja:
3. :ultlucario:
4. :ultsonic:
5. :ultmewtwo:
6. :ultsimon: (:ultrichter:)
7. :ulttoonlink:
8. :ultpit:
9. :ultyounglink:
10. :ultmarth:

A good time to have literally 10 mains.
Ridley.
Richter.
Kirby.
Dr mario.
Ryu.
Mewtwo.
Pichu.
Roy.
Dark pit.
King dedede.

D

Deleted member

Inklings for me. My #1 most wanted getting the honor of being the first revealed to help tease the game? Heck yes. It was awesome, and will always give me chills when I watch it. Not even K. Rool's hype eclipsed that moment for me, lol.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
How are these supposed to be similar? At first I thought it was a joke, but if this is taken seriously--no, they don't look similar at all to me.

Sassy Geno looks more like this:

But I don't think those are the same (in fact, I think this gif was in response to this "leak"). But to me it means to be cautious, as people can do some crazy things with Geno that look fairly realistic. But the pics being compared? They... don't look the same... at all.
FINALLY THE MYSTERIOUS GIF PEOPLE KEEP TALKING ABOUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom