• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'll ask a question myself: what are your top 10 characters in Ultimate? Doesn't matter for what reason (mains, preference, etc.), and order/no order is up to you.

For me:
1. :ultlink:
2. :ultgreninja:
3. :ultlucario:
4. :ultsonic:
5. :ultmewtwo:
6. :ultsimon: (:ultrichter:)
7. :ulttoonlink:
8. :ultpit:
9. :ultyounglink:
10. :ultmarth:

A good time to have literally 10 mains.
1.:ultkrool:
2.:ultridley:
3.:ultdarksamus:
4.:ultsamus:
5.:ultzss:
6.:ultsimon:
7.:ultrichter:
8.:ultsnake:
9.:ultmegaman:
10.:ultdk:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
LeakyPandy is suggesting that the direct is on the 5th.
This is an incredibly safe bet so whatever, but just saying.
LeakyPandy and their "totally not safe" guesses...

And then their outlandish guesses that are always wrong...

"Oh, sorry, we were wrong, and our sources were misinformed. Anyway here's what our new sources say that is totally 100% gonna happen!"

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Calling the kettle.

And box theory does not stop characters. Dlc is a thing.
Look man, the first thing i want to see you do WHEN box theory is disproven. Not if. Is id like you to apologize for being such a smug know it all. A picture of a box does not mean you know any more than anyone else. all it takes is one single extra echo.

D

Deleted member

LeakyPandy is suggesting that the direct is on the 5th.
This is an incredibly safe bet so whatever, but just saying.
Yeah, even if it happens, it'll just be a case of him guessing correctly. Guy's a fraud.

D

Deleted member

Umm... boy, is this heated?

Here let me ask you all a question:
Which Smash Ultimate reveal trailer has been your favorite so far?
I personally have a soft spot for the initial announcement trailer with the Inklings, as that is still the one that got me the most hyped.
K. Rool's.

If for no other reason than the "KONO DEDEDE" moment that was followed by the real K. Rool showing up.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Box theory was an inside job.

Also, a Pokemon character as the final newcomer is a pacing issue? One of the most popular game series of all time?
B-B-BUT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR THE BIG FINALE!!! THEY HAVE TO BE SAVING [insert really popular smash want] FOR LAST! T-THERE'S NO OTHER WAY!
Untitled.jpg

People expect way too much or raise the bar way too high all the time. It's just expected.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'll ask a question myself: what are your top 10 characters in Ultimate? Doesn't matter for what reason (mains, preference, etc.), and order/no order is up to you.

For me:

A good time to have literally 10 (11?) mains.
1. :ultridley:
2. :ultkrool:
3.:ultdarksamus:
4. :ultwolf:
5. :ultshulk:
6. :ultmegaman:
7. :ultike:
8. :ultinkling:
9. :ultsimon:
10. :ultganondorf:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Special shoutout to :ultsnake: for returning.

Metal Gear Solid and Kojima is my favorite brand of Tactical Espionage bull****.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
How are these supposed to be similar? At first I thought it was a joke, but if this is taken seriously--no, they don't look similar at all to me.

Sassy Geno looks more like this:

But I don't think those are the same (in fact, I think this gif was in response to this "leak"). But to me it means to be cautious, as people can do some crazy things with Geno that look fairly realistic. But the pics being compared? They... don't look the same... at all.
Maybe someone should reverse image search this gif if that is possible to find out where it was originally posted?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

For me:

1. :ultrobin:
2. :ultzelda:
3. :ultkrool:
4. :ultlucina: (:ultmarth:)
5. :ultchrom: (:ultroy:)
6. :ultpichu:
7. :ultdaisy: (:ultpeach:)
8. :ultridley:
9. :ultike:
10. :ultganondorf:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
All those nerds didn't realise Sakurai already gave us the big reveal.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

For me:

1.:ultrichter:
2.:ultshulk:
3.:ultmegaman:
4.:ultpokemontrainer:
5.:ultcloud:
6 :ultsonic:
7.:ultinkling:
8.:ultzelda:
9.:ultchrom:
10. :ultkirby:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
People say that the end game for Smash 4 Wii U wasn't hype but I'm pretty sure like half of you actively wet your pants during the 50 Fact Extravaganza. I think people are grossly underselling how big the final Smash Direct before Ultimate's launch could be. Also, something to note, we already knew the full initial roster for Smash 4 at the time and now we don't for Ultimate. I think that alone sets the stage for more bombshells than most people are currently implying.
Yes thank you. It feels like people think the only way the final direct could be hype is if it revealed 5 unique newcomers. There's so much I'm hyped for in the final direct outside of just characters. I'm hyped for that too though .

Alsoooooooo I think Incineroar is seen as "not hype" because he's been leaked by a credible leaker for like 2 months and it feels as if we already know he's in the game. Would have been different if that wasn't the case imo.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace

Best newcomer, zero leaks. Don't get me wrong, Simon, Ridley, and ESPECIALLY Inkling are hype(I stayed up 'till one last night for the Splatfest lol) but King K. Rool? A character I've wanted for Years?

Long live indeed.
Videos like that make me realize just how hype what we already have is.

Thanks, that was really funny and enjoyable.

NewPueblo

Smash Rookie
If you guys want to speculate newcomers, look at the fighter select screen. Sakurai clearly cares about presentation, and so it's likely that we will get a nicely squared roster. When he was revealing stages in the August direct, he made sure we didn't miss the big 100, before introducing the other 3 stages (also the music count being just over 900 was pointed out by him...).

D

Deleted member

For me:

In order of a top ten,

10. :ultdk:
9. :ultzelda:
8. :ultridley:
7. :ultdarksamus:
6. :ultkrool:
5. :ultmario:
4. :ultisabelle:
3. :ultluigi:
2. :ultwario:
1. :ultinkling:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
:laugh: LeakyPandy restated that the Direct will be on Nov. 5th-9th, and they said week of the 5th anyway, not the 5th itself. Based on the tournament and Sakurai retweeting it, that's the safest guess they could ever make lol, and if it happens before then they're debunked completely until they say "woops we're sorry" and people continue to follow them...

Maybe someone should reverse image search this gif if that is possible to find out where it was originally posted?
It was on Twitter on Sept. 3rd, by a guy who does Geno renders.

The leak was on Sept. 1st, and this gif's model has multiple differences, along with the leak model's textures not being just one shade each.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Look man, the first thing i want to see you do WHEN box theory is disproven. Not if. Is id like you to apologize for being such a smug know it all. A picture of a box does not mean you know any more than anyone else. all it takes is one single extra echo.
And when it is proven, i want you to understand that getting over emotional about nothing is not a good way to live.

And we still have ridley.

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice

For me:

Hmmm.. this will be hard going past 5..

1.:ultyounglink:
2.:ultsamus:
3.:ultridley:
4.:ultrichter:
5.:ultinkling:
6.:ultroy:
7.:ultlucas:
8.:ultdarksamus:
9.:ultwario:
10.:ultolimar:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Top 10 (now with 100% more Pazzo.)

2. :ultinkling:
3.:ultsnake:
4.:ultshulk:
5.:ultlittlemac:
6.:ultolimar:
7.:ultness:
8.:ultganondorf:
9. :ultmario:

In no special order. Special shout out to everyone else on the roster, I don't dislike anyone.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
A character from each series with a character rep in Smash...name a newcomer you’d like to see

EX: :ultmario:-Geno and :ultlink:-...Linkle
:ultmario: - Geno
:ultdk: - Dixie Kong
:ultlink: - Hilda
:ultsamus: - We're Good
:ultyoshi: - Honestly, we're good
:ultkirby: - Adelaine
:ultfox: - Krystal..but she's an AT..
:ultpikachu: - Gardevoir
:ultfalcon: - Black Shadow
:ultness: - Kumatora..but she's a FS
:ultmarth: - Lyn..but she's an AT
:ultpit: - Medusa
:ultwario: - Ashley..but she's an AT
:ultsnake: - Raiden
:ultmegaman: - Zero..but he's an AT
:ultpacman: - Ms. Pac-Man
:ultshulk: - Rex & Pyra (though I'd love Nia)
:ultryu: - Chun-Li
:ultcloud: - Terra Branford
:ultbayonetta: - Jeanne
:ultinkling: - Octoling
:ultsimon: - Shanoa

:ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultrob::ultolimar::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac::ultmiifighters::ultduckhunt: - Don't really have or need more reps.
:ultyoshi: - BOSHI!!!
Wouldn't Boshi technically be a Mario series character like how Waluigi is despite ties to Wario? Boshi was only ever in a Mario game, never a Yoshi one.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

For me:

Mine
10.:ultmewtwo:
9.:ultsonic:
8.:ultzelda:
7.:ultpichu:
6.:ultpikachu:
5.:ultsimon::ultrichter:
4.:ultisabelle:
3.:ultinkling:
2.:ultrosalina:
1.:ultcorrin:

D

Deleted member

B-B-BUT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR THE BIG FINALE!!! THEY HAVE TO BE SAVING [insert really popular smash want] FOR LAST! T-THERE'S NO OTHER WAY!
View attachment 170909

People expect way too much or raise the bar way too high all the time. It's just expected.
Ay yo hook me up with these images when Rex & Pyra get revealed down Ultimate's life cycle, cause I wanna get 'em real good.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
And when it is proven, i want you to understand that getting over emotional about nothing is not a good way to live.

And we still have ridley.
And you think you know what i think and feel, again you cant admit youre being a smug know it all. I got my ballot picks in the game, I'm good thanks. Even if we got zero newcomers and the direct is all about the censored mode only that would be ok because it would leave me with my most wanteds of all time in the game and you with a big fat serving of humble pie.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Top 10 (now with 100% more Pazzo.)

2. :ultinkling:
3.:ultsnake:
4.:ultshulk:
5.:ultlittlemac:
6.:ultolimar:
7.:ultness:
8.:ultganondorf:
9. :ultmario:

In no special order. Special shout out to everyone else on the roster, I don't dislike anyone.
Yeah, I would have done the entire roster, but that would be pretty long. Actually, maybe I'll just spoiler it.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I know I am looked at as a negative person in this thread but come on. Those two Genos look nothing alike.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Dp93j8iXQAEZp76.jpg

So either coro coro misprinted 108 or they said 108 early and is now going back to 103.

IF 103 is in fact the final stage count, the "minecraft" content vergeben has been talking about would not be a stage, which is interesting as a stage i always felt fit best for "minecraft content".

assist trophy OR steve? playable now both seem more likely.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
On that topic actually, what possible announcement would hype you up to almost if not the same level as a character?
A story mode. An actual story mode and one that can be adapted to include DLC characters if Phoenix Wright ends up being such and not on the base roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom