• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
View attachment 170911

So either coro coro misprinted 108 or they said 108 early and is now going back to 103.

IF 103 is in fact the final stage count, the "minecraft" content vergeben has been talking about would not be stage, which is interesting as a stage i always felt fit best for "minecraft content".

assist trophy OR steve? playable now both seem more likely.
Dlc.
Has to be dlc.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'll ask a question myself: what are your top 10 characters in Ultimate? Doesn't matter for what reason (mains, preference, etc.), and order/no order is up to you.

For me:
1. :ultlink:
2. :ultgreninja:
3. :ultlucario:
4. :ultsonic:
5. :ultmewtwo:
6. :ultsimon: (:ultrichter:)
7. :ulttoonlink:
8. :ultpit:
9. :ultyounglink:
10. :ultmarth:

A good time to have literally 10 (11?) mains.
It's really hard to say, given I don't know how they play (which is the main thing I'm excited about outside of Smash speculation, but can't know... until then). So this is a very tentative list:

1. :ultpokemontrainer: (all of them back and no penalty--beautiful)
2. :ultbowserjr:
3. :ultmegaman:
4. :ultpacman:
5. :ultsonic:
6. :ultlink: (was never a fan of Link, but perhaps with his BOTW style I might like him)
7. :ultgnw:
8. :ultmewtwo: (never played as Mewtwo, so it's one of the interesting aspects of everyone is here)
9. :ultshulk:
10. :ultkrool: (can't tell if I'll like him until I play him, but he's the only newbie I have some interest in trying out)

The ones without a reason are simply because I liked playing them before but I haven't seen anything new to make me particularly interested other than I enjoy playing as them.

B-B-BUT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR THE BIG FINALE!!! THEY HAVE TO BE SAVING [insert really popular smash want] FOR LAST! T-THERE'S NO OTHER WAY!
View attachment 170909

People expect way too much or raise the bar way too high all the time. It's just expected.
Fans didn't raise the bar. Sakurai did by calling it Ultimate. I felt E3 was sufficient, but each Direct raised the expectations (and by extension the bar). There are these things called opinions, and people can have them--some of them are even different! I think that's great, but you do you.

D

Deleted member

:ultmario:-Geno/Fawful
:ultdk:-Dixie
:ultfalcon:-Black Shadow
:ultwario:-Mona
:ultlink:-Tingle, Ganon
:ultsamus:-Sylux
:ultyoshi:-Kamek
:ultvillager:-Tom Nook
:ultshulk:-Elma
:ultness:-Ninten/Porky Minch
:ultsonic:-Eggman
:ultkirby:-Adeleine/ Bandana Dee
:ultcloud:-Sephiroth

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I have a serious question though:

For the supposed legitimate image leak out there, did the guy who leaked Cloud say that the image was from the actual game, or was there no solid confirmation on where it's from, just that it is real?
Hmm, what if the leak in question was corocoro accidentally spilling the beans on "108 stages "? Would certainly explain the late fix.

D

Deleted member

Some people may dislike the Snake Eater remix in Ultimate, but if I wanted the original I'd just watch it more frequently, twice a day.

Taking 007 up to 0011.
It's still very Bond sounding, and the only negative I can give it is that it doesn't have the lyrics.

Untouch

Smash Master
View attachment 170911

So either coro coro misprinted 108 or they said 108 early and is now going back to 103.

IF 103 is in fact the final stage count, the "minecraft" content vergeben has been talking about would not be a stage, which is interesting as a stage i always felt fit best for "minecraft content".

I think they just guessed that we were getting 108 but Nintendo may have told them to cut it out.
I still think 108 is likely based on several reasons though.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
If it's 103 stages Steve could be a character. Very unlikely but has happened.

Assuming it's 103 stages.
I subscribe to the box. But i want him playable. Fond memories playong minecraft on wii u with nephew. Would love him in.

And if 103 is final stage count. I want him dlc so he has music and a stage.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Vergeben first mentioned Minecraft content in May, so if it's true and it's DLC, "they don't discuss DLC before the game is released!" looks really wrong right now, much more-so than if the SE character is DLC...

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
View attachment 170911

IF 103 is in fact the final stage count, the "minecraft" content vergeben has been talking about would not be a stage, which is interesting as a stage i always felt fit best for "minecraft content".

If it's just 103 stages, then playable's out. I don't see Steve being a character without a stage (but to be honest I don't see Steve being a character at all). Assist trophy like Monster Hunter would be a best bet--it would just mean neither Monster Hunter nor Minecraft would have a stage.

(but for the various reasons I've mentioned previously, I still think we'll be getting >103 stages)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I subscribe to the box. But i want him playable. Fond memories playong minecraft on wii u with nephew. Would love him in.

And if 103 is final stage count. I want him dlc so he has music and a stage.
Wait, you subscribe to the box? I had no idea

I agree with everything else you say btw, I want him in.

Vergeben first mentioned Minecraft content in May, so if it's true and it's DLC, "they don't discuss DLC before the game is released!" looks really wrong right now...
UH OH LOL

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm starting to think that Steve will be one of the first DLC Characters, and that he will be announced at the game awards...
(before you say "Leaky Pandy is a fraud" Spawn Wave heard about the game awards thing first...)

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
And we still have ridley.
Honestly, words to live by.
View attachment 170911

I just rewatched the stage section in the August direct, and I don't mean to bring that arguement back, but it definitely seems like Sakurai was saying that's the final amount. He says total stages. Not currently revealed or anything like that. Pretty convinced we are done with base game stages.

Biggest tragedy is that off centered stage select screen :/

Kaeltor

Smash Apprentice
LeakyPandy is suggesting that the direct is on the 5th.
This is an incredibly safe bet so whatever, but just saying.
I hope we get it sooner, but we'll just have to wait and see. LeakyPandy has shoddy reliability.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
View attachment 170911

It'd have to be a Minecraft assist. There's no way a new 3rd party series would have a character without a stage.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Wait, you subscribe to the box? I had no idea

I agree with everything else you say btw, I want him in.

UH OH LOL
At this point in tbe game, i find people against characters to be silly. I understand being against the odd choices like batman or goku, but steve, ken, geno and even sora could bring something good to the experience.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
If it's just 103 stages, then playable's out. I don't see Steve being a character without a stage (but to be honest I don't see Steve being a character at all). Assist trophy like Monster Hunter would be a best bet--it would just mean neither Monster Hunter nor Minecraft would have a stage.

(but for the various reasons I've mentioned previously, I still think we'll be getting >103 stages)
good point its either a DLC thing or something minor like an assist trophy MAYBE steve? playable without a stage but thats also unlikely seeming

Potato_

Smash Lord
:ultbowserjr::ultridley::ultchrom::ultganondorf::ultlink::ulttoonlink::ultrobin::ultness::ultlucas::ultsnake:

In no particular order these are my top 10 favorites. It's too hard to number them past that.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 170911

If there is no stage, I see the idea of a character happening being even more unlikely.
I also don't see a character happening for reasons I've already discussed, but that's neither here nor there.

D

Deleted member

tougon please don't do this to me of all people i thought you wouldnt fall to that devious lie tougon baby no
It's just a fact. It's not likely Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu were started after the game released considering how long it takes to make a Smash character.

D

Deleted member

G-Guys....?

Is he actually in?
Hasn't this guy already been shot down alongside Mimique?

I'll say this again, the only people that have ANY credibility are whomever is in the Smash part of Verge's team and Spawn Wave's sources.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It's just a fact. It's not likely Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu were started after the game released considering how long it takes to make a Smash character.
Oh I miscontrued this. My assumption was that you meant that Mewtwo being announced before the Wii U version, for some reason

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
103 seems like a solid number, but i can understand Nintendo hiding information. The stage select does have extra space in it.

We will have to see.

But for now, it us 103

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm starting to think that Steve will be one of the first DLC Characters, and that he will be announced at the game awards...
(before you say "Leaky Pandy is a fraud" Spawn Wave heard about the game awards thing first...)
Hey, LeakyPandy would still be a fraud anyway, as they insinuated it was Dragon Quest :troll:

Though, which video did Spawn Wave mention this? I only remember their video where they just discussed the SE rumors, as it was shared here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom