• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
One of the major reasons why I think that we're getting 108 is that the Random button is the first button in the list on the direct's SSS.
I don't think this was a design decision because the demo SSS has the Random button at the end. Of course, there's a real chance they designed the demo SSS first (doubt it but I wouldn't rule it out), but I don't think that's really why it's happening here.

Since stages aren't unlockable in Ultimate, they likely never coded or designed the Random button to appear anywhere but at the end of the list. They cannot simply "lock" stages because the UI doesn't have that functionality. They also cannot JUST tell the engine to draw the first 103 stages because the Random button wouldn't be drawn then (it would be 108 then).
Based on my limited experience I would guess they shifted the entire drawing code 1 box forward, then drew the Random slot where box 1 would have been.

This would have been significantly easier to append the random box into the middle of the stage array just for 2 very short clips of the screen.
As is usual can someone smart break this post down for me like I am 4

LetterO

Smash Lord
This is very much me when people only ever mention Ashley or Mona for WarioWare reps.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Wait- hold on...

What's the rumored Minecraft content if there are only 103 stages?

If Box Theory is real, how can Steve be a character?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This is very much me when people only ever mention Ashley or Mona for WarioWare reps.

Well tbf...Mona and Ashley are females who are also popular in the WarioWare series...while also being unique

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Ngamethecube has outright said that he has been looking at leaks just like the rest of us. Easy to have your predictions come true when most of them are just you quoting vergeben.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'll ask a question myself: what are your top 10 characters in Ultimate? Doesn't matter for what reason (mains, preference, etc.), and order/no order is up to you.

For me:
1. :ultlink:
2. :ultgreninja:
3. :ultlucario:
4. :ultsonic:
5. :ultmewtwo:
6. :ultsimon: (:ultrichter:)
7. :ulttoonlink:
8. :ultpit:
9. :ultyounglink:
10. :ultmarth:

A good time to have literally 10 (11?) mains.
:ultpichu::ultpichu::ultpichu::ultpichu::ultpichu::ultpichu::ultpichu::ultpichu::ultpichu::ultpichu:

Does that count?

D

Deleted member

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...ding_to_a_japanese_smash_researcher_nintendo/

That’s why

Fake or not it would probably happen in November anyway
I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but it's going to be the same E3 build we've always had before. This is surprising coming from a "Japanese Sm4sh researcher" when he should know that all Japanese developers when they release a demo use "体験版". They listed Smash Ultimate as a "New Release Demo" and with us still having no events use any updated build, it's going to be the E3 build.

And they've also hosted a Nintendo Live event before already with this, why would this event be different from the rest?

Last edited by a moderator:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Wait- hold on...

Because people believe what they want even if it's contradictory--and have retroactive justifications to make it "fit". Not complaining--it's biases we all have. It's not like it's unwarranted, though--the rumors and even "official" information has been contradictory, so it's difficult to make sense given the evidence we have.

Untouch

Smash Master
Day 1 DLC seems incredibly unlikely, but I can see an announcement for DLC before the game launches.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Well tbf...Mona and Ashley are females who are also popular in the WarioWare series...while also being unique
I mean, it's not like Jimmy and 9-Volt AREN'T unique. Also, while I have no gripes with Mona, I never got Ashley's popularity. If anything she's the least unique out of the bunch since we already have a mage. Not saying that it should affect her chances, but if we're talking uniqueness.. then yeah.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Wait- hold on...

Because he could be on the back in more of a spotlight role with a short blurb about him?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
More like Nintendo planning day 1 dlc.
But that is speculation. We do not know how DLC plans will fit in.
Here:
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...ssibility_of_smash_bros_ultimate_demo_and_dlc

"Obviously that was a big part of the Wii U game, but part of Mr Sakurai's approach is really focusing on getting the game done, and then once he has the game done, he'll start to make some decisions about what he wants to do with other characters or DLC, things like that. Whether or not he decides to do DLC again, or whether or not he decides this is the ultimate edition and there's nothing more I can fit in there - we'll have to see as we get closer to launch."​
-Bill Trinen (emphasis mine)

This may get ignored because DLC is practically assured by users here.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'll ask a question myself: what are your top 10 characters in Ultimate? Doesn't matter for what reason (mains, preference, etc.), and order/no order is up to you.

For me:
1. :ultlink:
2. :ultgreninja:
3. :ultlucario:
4. :ultsonic:
5. :ultmewtwo:
6. :ultsimon: (:ultrichter:)
7. :ulttoonlink:
8. :ultpit:
9. :ultyounglink:
10. :ultmarth:

A good time to have literally 10 (11?) mains.
1. :ultmario:/:ultpit:
2. :ultsonic:
3. :ultrosalina:
4. :ulttoonlink:
5. :ultduckhunt:
6. :ultdoc:
7. :ultinkling:
8. :ultdarkpit:
9. :ultkrool:
10. :ultcorrin:/:ultlucina:/:ultrobin:/:ultchrom:/:ultpalutena:/:ultlittlemac:/:ultlucario:/:ultlink:/:ultisabelle:/:ultwolf:/:ultdaisy:/:ultpikachu:/:ultkirby:/:ultpeach:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Wait a minute...

If this release build thing is true, then this changes everything. If anyone is able to attend to that Live event and can try out the demo, there needs to be immediately a list of changes. There are ALOT that will have changed from E3 to release canditate.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Here:
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...ssibility_of_smash_bros_ultimate_demo_and_dlc

"Obviously that was a big part of the Wii U game, but part of Mr Sakurai's approach is really focusing on getting the game done, and then once he has the game done, he'll start to make some decisions about what he wants to do with other characters or DLC, things like that. Whether or not he decides to do DLC again, or whether or not he decides this is the ultimate edition and there's nothing more I can fit in there - we'll have to see as we get closer to launch."​
-Bill Trinen (emphasis mine)

This may get ignored because DLC is practically assured by users here.
I mean...That's PR statement, you have no company saying "HUM YEEE WE MAKE DLC ALREADY"
It is something to keep in mind, but I totally don't really feel it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom