• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If anything, CoroCoro now saying there's 103 stages in their most recent print only just confirms the fact they jumped the gun on the official 108 stage count.
That's all I can remember while waking up, what did I miss?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Seeing the new Coro coro thing confirmed misprint

It hurts a few characters but the real question is it confirming the grand total is 103?

Also there’s a Mistake you all made not every character needs a stage not all newcomers get a stage

And ofcoarse geno is definately one of those examples and plus he’s technically a Mario character that’s 3rd party at the same time

I’m not caving to the box theory until I see it with my own eyes ken and incineroar are the last ones and no shadow and geno (till dlc)
No, it doesn't. A confirmation would be a correction, "In our previous issue we mistakenly stated there are 108 stages in Smash Ultimate. The correct number is 103." CoroCoro saying "108 stages" never confirmed 108 stages, and likewise "103 stages" doesn't confirm 103 stages. The only confirmation we'll get is if Nintendo clears the confusion (which they can if we know the total number, but have to remain secret if it's not) or until the next Direct. It's still misleading/potentially false advertising to have an issue out there with 108 stages going uncorrected.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Be prepared for a roster leak next month then if it happens

A rumor is will be doing some smash tournament and it did not say it’s the trial/demo version first day November 3rd for the event
Please, if a leak hasn't happened yet, then what makes you think it will happen next month

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I REJECT THAT HOPE!
Kiibo was a better pseudo protagonist in Chapter 5 and 6 than Shuichi was. Especially in Chapter 6 where his plan was just "Lmao we stop that ****ty game, let's all kill ourselves and not vote"

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
what's up with some of you die-hard box theorists who seemingly hate any sort of speculation or discussion not related to how the last two characters are ken and incineroar? like i get believing it but your theory is incompatible with like, being normal and discussing things so why bring it up?

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
Well if there truly is only 103 stages, then what is this Minecraft content we are getting? I really don’t want only 6 DLC stages to be honest, I really hope those empty spots will be filled by stages added via updates and DLC gets its own tab.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Imagine hyping everyone up...... just to reveal Ken and Incineroar.

Absolute gutpunch
I'm gonna be real here...if Ken and Incineroar are enough to kill your hype for this game, you probably weren't very hyped for it to begin with.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I never liked Incineroar's design. There are any number of (IMHO) better pokemon from sun/moon. Like a Tapu, Mimiku or even the evolved form of the archer owl starter; that would be cool.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
No, it doesn't. A confirmation would be a correction, "In our previous issue we mistakenly stated there are 108 stages in Smash Ultimate. The correct number is 103." CoroCoro saying "108 stages" never confirmed 108 stages, and likewise "103 stages" doesn't confirm 103 stages. The only confirmation we'll get is if Nintendo clears the confusion (which they can if we know the total number, but have to remain secret if it's not) or until the next Direct. It's still misleading/potentially false advertising to have an issue out there with 108 stages going uncorrected.
Misprint on the 108 part

But yes it may be a slip up and accidentally revealed there’s atleast 5 more

And did you not here what I said I asked the question does the magazine specifically state the grand total is 103 stages?

I’m pretty sure that’s a no.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm gonna be real here...if Ken and Incineroar are enough to kill your hype for this game, you probably weren't very hyped for it to begin with.
I think they mean they're still very hyped for the game but will be sad if the excitement since 8.8 and Isabelle turns out to be Keniroar. I can understand that.
What you're saying is correct though Opo.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Maybe there’s, gasp, other things to get hyped about aside from the characters in the game!

You know, like actually being able to play it.

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398
Smash has never saved its best reveals for last.
Olimar was the last character revealed for Brawl, Shulk for Smash 4.
The fact that we're going to see all the characters before release makes it worse, but still.
This IS to be expected and people will get over it.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Maybe there’s, gasp, other things to get hyped about aside from the characters in the game!

>Play the game
>Implying I'm not just booting up a smash game just to unlock characters, look at the roster and say "Urgh, why X isn't here."

Ahaha...Very funny.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Also, something else I want to point out about the 103 stages thing.

If 103 is the absolute final number for stages, then that means neither Steve or a Minecraft stage is getting in Smash. And for those of you who want to rationalize this by saying either could be DLC, keep in mind that Verge first mentioned Minecraft back in May. I'll let you decide how likely it is for Verge to know about DLC at a minimum of seven months in advance.
I believe one of the first things Vergerber said about the Minecraft content was that it could be an AT, like Bomberman so that wouldn't need a stage or character.

Box theory or not I personally don't want Minecraft content, at least not as a character. I guess a stage with destructible terrain would have been neat.
Would you prefer us going over Box Theory for the 111 thousandth time then? We gone over literally everything related to Smash and until there is news what else is there to talk about. We all went over Box Theory, Blog theory, Fake leaks, Real leaks, Fake leaks pretending to be real, Real leaks pretending to be fake, who we want in smash, who we dont want in smash, who will never be in smash, who might be in smash... And several variations of forum games that amount mostly to rp practice and Emoji posting. I say let us just have fun til something happens..
Sorry to get back so late, I was busy. But basically yes that was my point. This is the general Ultimate thread not the general social thread. You can go to a different thread to talk about something else until something comes up. It's not hard and doesn't ruin anyone's fun....although of course in the time it took me to respond something came up XD also...
Oh for ****s sake. You know what i wasn't going to say anything cuz it'd make me look like "That fake leak guy" but before we turn into the Cult of the Box again, I'll say that I have on good authority that the Box Leak is BS.
You can't say this and not expect people to want to know. Withholding info is a Nintendo kink.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The fact that we're going to see all the characters before release makes it worse, but still.
This IS to be expected and people will get over it.
Expecting a more "exciting" reveal to end Ultimate is reasonable imo. Not saying I am but it's reasonable.
You're kidding yourself if you think Ultimate's news cycle is anything like any other game.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Well if there truly is only 103 stages, then what is this Minecraft content we are getting? I really don’t want only 6 DLC stages to be honest, I really hope those empty spots will be filled by stages added via updates and DLC gets its own tab.
It's almost as if verge isn't trustworthy at all

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
*Sakurai states that there won't be too many newcomers at E3.*

*Reveals 5 characters in the August direct.*

Although I do think he was serious about less newcomers, I can see why some people could think Sakurai was just playing them and expect more newcomers.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I think they mean they're still very hyped for the game but will be sad if the excitement since 8.8 and Isabelle turns out to be Keniroar. I can understand that.
What you're saying is correct though Opo.
Given ridley, k rool and simon. We are doing great for newcomers.
And we still do not know single player yet.

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398
Expecting a more "exciting" reveal to end Ultimate is reasonable imo. Not saying I am but it's reasonable.
You're kidding yourself if you think Ultimate's news cycle is anything like any other game.
Unless Spirits is mind-blowing, they totally paced themselves poorly this time around.
However everyone's got this idea that there's no way we could get underwhelming last reveals, and we totally could.

D

Deleted member

My thoughts exactly. TBH I don't think I've ever seen a fanbase so fixated on who is and isn't playable as the Smash fandom. There are other parts of the game that are just as important as the characters, but no one wants to talk about them or acknowledge them, it seems. I mean, characters are neat and all, but what am I gonna do with them? What modes am I gonna use them in? I'm honestly at a point where I care more about that than how many characters are left.

D

Deleted member

Excuse me, but bringing in the greatest RPG of the Wii/PS3/Xbox 360 generation (and is better than Final Fantasy 9) is nothing short of hype.
...I mean, it was pretty niche, but back then it had an EarthBound-esque fanbase okay shaddup.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I mean I'm hyped for the game and insanely happy with who we've gotten, but Kencineroar would be an incredibly boring way to end this initial hype cycle for me. Doesn't mean I hate Sakurai or am gonna boycott the game, but it's not like I can't have my opinions just because some people may act immaturely about it.

Yeah, Kencineroar kills hype. That is unquestionable for the vast majority of this board. I'm sure there's a few people who will be happy with them, and I can't necessarily speak for the majority, but from what I've seen and believe, they're easily the most boring characters to pick for the end. And ending on them would kinda suck.

But all that's gonna fade away when I plug in the Smash cartridge and get to work unlocking, labbing, and just having a damn good time.

D

Deleted member

>Play the game
>Implying I'm not just booting up a smash game just to unlock characters, look at the roster and say "Urgh, why X isn't here."

Ahaha...Very funny.
The character select screen is all the matters. Everything beyond is uncharted territory.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I honestly just want to play the game right now, but I probably won't get to the day it comes out, so I'm out of luck for now. But who knows? Maybe things can change later. I'm content watching gameplay for now, when I find it.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
My thoughts exactly. TBH I don't think I've ever seen a fanbase so fixated on who is and isn't playable as the Smash fandom. There are other parts of the game that are just as important as the characters, but no one wants to talk about them or acknowledge them, it seems. I mean, characters are neat and all, but what am I gonna do with them? What modes am I gonna use them in? I'm honestly at a point where I care more about that than how many characters are left.
There are very few games as character-focused as Smash Brothers. For Nintendo fans, seeing their favorite character get in to the Nintendo "hall of fame" game is a lot more important than it would be for most other fighting games. So I get why people fixate on characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom