• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

VA

Smash Hero
I'm not going. Also I wasn't saying that your predictions were unrealistic, I just think they are funny.

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
Hey,

http://www.greyhounduk.com/

this site lets you get coaches from Southampton/ portsmouth to london for as low as £1! for those who live in southampton. try it out yourself. lol
* you can get return for the same price aswel but its better to book in advance.

unfortunately, i cant make this sat because im working on friday and saturday. Sorry guys.

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
haha thats been around for a while,

shame bout not being able to come tho :ohwell:

Really need some falco help
hah, yer i was looking for cheaper options to get visit my friends at uni and found that.
hmm how often do you go back to london?
and whereabouts in Oxford do you live in?

I also found some coaches from london to Oxford for £1 and return is the same price. and you add a 50p booking charge.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Is that megabus by any chance, if not, what is it? Im interested lol.

I come back to london twice a month, by train and my mum pays for it so I can come to london eith ease and at no financial cost.

I live like 15 miles south of the uni, near the RAL if you know that?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I would love for Charles to and it seems like its what the rest of the community and the turnout I think would have a real positive effect on the community.

What does everyonelse think?

I know people cant really house BUT maybe if we can go a load of people who can allow small amount of people to sleep round like 1-2 plus the people who can house a few more then maybe we could do it...?

What does everyonelse think?

Tamoo

Smash Master
I believe he's looking into venues.

With regards to the housing issue, I think its exaggerated a bit. TC and fuzz as usual should b able to house, also our crew has two-three people with housing potential, brawlers should man up and house out of london brawlers and that should be it :).
Hopefully london can sort housing out, cos surprisingly its still an issue for some reason.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Tamoo - Yeah, if we do a tournament it's likely to be brawl and melee players and we havent asked any of the brawlers about potentially housing melee players.

If we do a brawl and melee tournament in the UK the turnout would be MASSIVE!

Tamoo

Smash Master
Deathgazer: Just general practice really, haven't played a falco in ages and i wasnt that good against them in the first place tbh.

Also a national melee and brawl tournament would be huge, although brawlers will have to man up and house a bit more, melee housing is pretty much covered with dave's gays + fuzzy + TC I reckon

gm jack

Smash Lord
Housing would be the biggest problem. I guess it would really be a matter of knowing numbers. Remember that if the even were to run over night, me and probably some others who live a fair way out from london would appreciate not having a double train fare, which would be more strain on housing.

Tamoo

Smash Master
hmm methinks that this would have to involve an overnight venue considering that quite a few of us are right on the outskirts of london.

Also, for this sat, is the rulelist gonna stay like that? Cos I think you should swap Green greens out for corneria at the very least fuzzy

VA

Smash Hero
The good thing about london hosting is that there are people who are in travelling distance of London for a day visit. i.e myself, jam, craig, ben. I just looked it up and southampton is roughly an hour and half from paddington, brighton is an hour from victoria and reading is half an hour to paddington.

I don't know why this solution hasn't been offered before?

Tamoo

Smash Master
I believe there is a popular notion around Europe that there should be a European tournament in London next summer, and fuzzy and kone have looked into the possibility, so its not like its not been brought up before, its just there are a couple of obstacles to it atm.

I think it will be great for fuzzy to try and run a large UK event soon in preparation running a European tournament to get a feel of what scale of organising to expect.

VA

Smash Hero
uh yeah that idea has been floating around for a while now. the MAJOR/only obstacle is housing and I'm saying that housing could be provided by the nearby smashers with housing available. pretty sure no one has mentioned this before.

Tamoo

Smash Master
If that was possible, then there wouldn't have been any discussion about housing lol!

Its the fact that nearby smashers aren't able to host that means that the major/only obstacle is housing.

Or maybe im misunderstanding what you're saying :confused:

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Charles has 13 Tv's of his own so that aint a problem and GT venue is more then big enough, unless he plans on getting a venue we can sleep at....

Anyway if we did do this it would big sucha good event.
agreed.

If I were to house people for a London event, there'd still be the journey of southampton to London to deal with which would make it a lot more expensive than just travel to London.

J03

Smash Master
Robby, how much would it cost to get from yours to london or a tourney in london?

same question to anyone who can offer housing. That way people can just add that to the cost of getting to a certain house and have a total sum.

PS. im stating now that i would tend a london tourney 100% get to see mr.pro ^.^

VA

Smash Hero
well if you were to stay with craig or jam in reading it would be abou £10 to get to london and back then the cost of tube.

from mine you'd have to book in advance but you can get it as cheap as £3-10 as well, with tube expense on top.

and tamoo I have no idea what you're talking about now. so forget it.

x

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
For me and any of the Southampton smashers it would be either around 20 pounds return to London and thats a day return with underground inclkuded.

theres also fares from the new coach company greyhound that can be as low as £1 each way, but you'd have to pay for a London travelcard.

J03

Smash Master
so its not actually £1 if you have to pay for a travelcard. on that note, wtf is a london travelcard.

Is someone really going to tell me that you need a card to travel around london...?

Tamoo

Smash Master
London has gotten pretty expensive to travel round now, a travelcard will set you back £7.50, or £5 with young persons railcard. It allows you to travel in all six zones of London for one day. If you are only making a single trip in one day, just buy a single, costs vary, still quite expensive though

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
If brightoners/southamptoners could house for a london tournament then that seems like it could work, whereas if it's just me+charles I really can't see that happening since we can house 4-5 each at most, I'm not sure how much dave's gays can house though.

Also ben, I think with greyhound coaches it only costs you about a pound more than it takes me to get to the venue.

Also on the topic of greyhound coaches I've not really heard good things about them (ignoring prices), but we'll see for ourselves eh?

Top Bottom