• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Hope You Read This Va In Time

Turns out I am pretty much guaranteed to arrive at this event.

The only question is what time I am getting there.

My dance thing this week is only going to be an hour and a bit if it is on, I might not go cos its such a short time to miss such a big event, but if I do go I should be arriving after and my dance starts a 4pm so I would be getting there about 6:30 or 7ish which is still a good 2 hours play and a bit I guess lol.

But I MIGHT not be going to my dance thing due to me having dance on tuesday, thursday and saturday the next week anyway lol.

SO PROFESSOR PRO MIGHT POSSIBLY BE ENTERING THE TOURNAMENT AND WINNING IT AGAIN, PROVING I AM THE BEST AROUND!!!!

VA YOU BETTER COME TO THIS NOW SO WE CAN GET SOME SETS RECORDED WITH COMMENTARY!!!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Also I am liking the discussion of the ideas of potential housing being thrown about.

But wouldn't travelling to places like Brighton and Southampton for housing be a bit TOO much :urg:
I mean its like an 1/2 hour trip and thats pretty long but as long as people are ok with it and they sort out there coach back but im sure the majortiy of people are getting home from London and would want to just find a place to crash quickly.

BUT if there are specific people who dont mind travelling to those type of areas then maybe that would reduced enough people for them to be housed inside of London.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Also I am liking the discussion of the ideas of potential housing being thrown about.

But wouldn't travelling to places like Brighton and Southampton for housing be a bit TOO much :urg:
I mean its like an 1/2 hour trip and thats pretty long but as long as people are ok with it and they sort out there coach back but im sure the majortiy of people are getting home from London and would want to just find a place to crash quickly.

BUT if there are specific people who dont mind travelling to those type of areas then maybe that would reduced enough people for them to be housed inside of London.
I agree, the smashers here can host, but Southampton rly isn't close to London at all. 1 and 1/4 hours isn't really ideal and tbh more people in London should be willing to host if they want a national tourney.

Get Last Dragon to so the commentary :)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
If brightoners/southamptoners could house for a london tournament then that seems like it could work, whereas if it's just me+charles I really can't see that happening since we can house 4-5 each at most, I'm not sure how much dave's gays can house though.

Also ben, I think with greyhound coaches it only costs you about a pound more than it takes me to get to the venue.

Also on the topic of greyhound coaches I've not really heard good things about them (ignoring prices), but we'll see for ourselves eh?
I know about the stuff thats happened with them as I've spoken to someone who works in their company, but it's all sorted now.

J03

Smash Master
every UK commentary ive heard has been piss poor, im not saying mine was amazing at all.

But everyone elses sounds like a horse race in a library.

The dude who sounded like a darlic at the last london ranbat thing has potential. hes pretty funny if not a little monotone but he needs a back and forth. put simply you need 2 to tango. Id say add one of the top melee players to the mix (charles, pro, edwin, VA)

so melee player + darlic sounding guy!

it will be better then any commentary to date. scouts honour

Im also entrusting this to Mr.Pro, who is now in charge of making sure this happens!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Get Last Dragon to so the commentary :)
I defintely think Last Dragon should do atleast a bit of commentary at a tournament like this.

every UK commentary ive heard has been piss poor, im not saying mine was amazing at all.

But everyone elses sounds like a horse race in a library.

The dude who sounded like a darlic at the last london ranbat thing has potential. hes pretty funny if not a little monotone but he needs a back and forth. put simply you need 2 to tango. Id say add one of the top melee players to the mix (charles, pro, edwin, VA)

so melee player + darlic sounding guy!

it will be better then any commentary to date. scouts honour

Im also entrusting this to Mr.Pro, who is now in charge of making sure this happens!
I wouldn't mind doing a bit of commentary and yes you can entrust this on to me and I will fulfill it lol.

VA

Smash Hero
Uhh I can't come to London now. Shame really. But I'll be up there one day soon. I think Southampton may be pushing the housing thing a bit but tbh brighton and reading are hella close and it makes sense to me :/

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
you were the one that suggested Southampton lol.

Joe- That guy (Ixis) doesn't sound like a Dalek thats the distortion that happened to the audio.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yeah Ixis doesn't sound like a Dalek haha @_@

But I think your horse race in a library comparison was absolutely spot on xD

Kasper!

Smash Lord
suck it up man!! brawlers like me and calzorz has to take 6 hr coach trips just to get to events. you know who im talking too

p.s if you love ure game you wouldnt care about the travel time, GO HARD OR STAY AT URE YARD N*****S!!

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Important Information

Yo, I'm going through some very stressful times and the t.vs might arrive really late as neoempire still has them, so if we are running off schedule please don't bug me (like t.vs not being there) and I'll try get things going asap

I'm so worried about tommorow

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Yeah I was sure walking from barkingside would be easier. That way you don't have to wait for the bus and it's not that far to walk anyway

Last Dragon- lol you aint fast enough to run like Captain Falcon

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Eyh guys, I don't really know if it's the good topic to ask this, but well, there are too many UK topics (*john*), and I just came back from a party and I'm totally wasted (*legit john*)

The thing is, I know a Melee player from Paris who's gonna live in London. His nickname's Dero, hie name Louis, and he's mad cool. He's not a real good player because he focuses more on partying and chillin with other players, but he's decent and can even pretty good when he let Mr. Try Hard be in control.

Well, so far it's real nice and everything, but here's the problem : he leaves on tuesday, and has no idea where to stay while looking for a flat. Is there anyone who could house him for a few days ?
I'll tell him to come here and post, but if someone can help him, just say so (in this topic or in the most appropriate one).

Thanks

VA

Smash Hero
Eyh guys, I don't really know if it's the good topic to ask this, but well, there are too many UK topics (*john*), and I just came back from a party and I'm totally wasted (*legit john*)

The thing is, I know a Melee player from Paris who's gonna live in London. His nickname's Dero, hie name Louis, and he's mad cool. He's not a real good player because he focuses more on partying and chillin with other players, but he's decent and can even pretty good when he let Mr. Try Hard be in control.

Well, so far it's real nice and everything, but here's the problem : he leaves on tuesday, and has no idea where to stay while looking for a flat. Is there anyone who could house him for a few days ?
I'll tell him to come here and post, but if someone can help him, just say so (in this topic or in the most appropriate one).

Thanks
I <3 French people. Send him to Brighton.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
suck it up man!! brawlers like me and calzorz has to take 6 hr coach trips just to get to events. you know who im talking too

p.s if you love ure game you wouldnt care about the travel time, GO HARD OR STAY AT URE YARD N*****S!!
hell yea hell yea! thats waht im talking about xD

i wonder how many have gone to the event today and if kira ur there :O if so **** THEM show them ur back in action

EDIT : IXIS IS THE BEST COMMENTATOR !!

NessySmashBros

Smash Apprentice
Was great fun ^_^ Will try and go to the next one. You lot are a great bunch of people. I didn't do to well but I dun really care coz I came and played some great people and had fun.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
NESSYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
Come to the next tournament in Leicester. =P

Who won Melee/Brawl Nessy?

NessySmashBros

Smash Apprentice
WILLLLZ ^_^
I may well do, thats not to far from where I live ^_^

I dunno D: I lost track of what was going on after I was out and started playing some doubles. I think I heard Fuzzy being in the finals. But I'm not sure who won :/

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Good news guys, aside the fact this went hugely well I also own 17/18/19 t.vs now lol

Brawl

1st - Fuzzyness
2nd - Siri
3rd - BoxingKing

Melee

1st - Fuzzyness
2nd - Chrisboi
3rd - Tamoo

Next time I think there will be 50-80 people, there was like 5-10 new people this time o_O more melee players <3 BUT PLEASE BRING SETUPS NEXT TIME

I'm gonna book the venue in 1-3 days for October 24th

Melee players step it up!

Siri, don't get discouraged! It's just that I'm used to playing against peach and know her in/outs so its gonna be tough beating me regardless =P

Tamoo, you're still mad inconsistent and also take a lot of risks/bad decisions with jiggz

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Top Bottom