• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
AC beat Dujuan which Dujuan was mega salty about lol...I still don't understand why everyone struggles against him so much, I literally (and literally) can 4 stock him whenever I want to with multiple characters.

And I didn't actually get to play nearly as much as I wished.
Beat Crabman 3-0
Beat Bishkin 3-0
Beat Unreal 3-1
Lost to J3ly 2-1 but it wasn't Bo5 so it doesn't count :bee:
Plus I 4 stocked him on the match I won which is like two wins. :awesome:

Ben...no-one is saying anything bad about him, stop being silly and defensive...are people not allowed to want their UK allies win lol?

And also I will be looking to come to your smashfest...our of interest, what kind of food would be provided :awesome:
Fried Chicken

Heartstring

Smash Legend
good games everyone. next time i won't miss the brawl sign ups and probably do the same in melee lol.
aaahhh so that was you. mate you know you could have easiyl gotten put into a pool, i said to you to go and ask andy to put you into the pools. i was slightly concerned when i didnt see you in any of them XD

Degree

Smash Apprentice
Shame I couldn't come to this but my job is just too tiring right now, I need the weekends to recover.

Nice one to Jack getting 9th. Was there no Tristan for you to beat this time?

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
I'm a bit salty at losing to AC as well. Just have to focus more and trust my punishes to work if they are more than tilt -> fair. AD just didn't seem to have an answer to Marth's range, and kept desparately groping for the grab when he was being kept out.
people are forgetting i play this guy AND WIN all the time, so its not about me not knowing the match up, its just that THIS TIME he won against me.

AMCD I also misjudged, I dont know what made me go IC's against peach, just thouht I'd attempt it for the exp.

I'm more salty about SD'ing twice against jolteon during our pools match I'm starting to get used to sheik. But your another one I play all the time so I have time to practice against you in that match up.

GG's to everyone I played. 1 or 2 people destroyed my G&W and many others struggled, Watch out! profs Roy aint the only low tier threat.

(people i played more than just a couple games with) Deathgazer, Crabman, Jolteon, Fandemz, Warning, JJL, AMCD. GGs

londoners holler at me I can play whenever.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL @ The Americans, I guess they have a right to feel proud of Crystalnite's placement :bee:

Still there is a noticable gap between Me & Fuzzyness and the rest of the UK which is why im not to suprized in 3rd but not above that :awesome: but he still did good and got some of that nice salt in people's systems

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
LOL @ The Americans, I guess they have a right to feel proud of Crystalnite's placement :bee:

Still there is a noticable gap between Me & Fuzzyness and the rest of the UK which is why im not to suprized in 3rd but not above that :awesome: but he still did good and got some of that nice salt in people's systems
That gaps been there for quite a long time unfortunately

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Dujuan as usual is salty and deluded.

...and Ben at least I'm posting something very very informative. That you ****ing suck. Now go train against lvl 1 CPU's on Icicle Mountain you ****** because you show no signs of ever improving. Might as well put items on while you're at it.

Heartstring

Smash Legend

Haha, the only cure for salt is large pag of ****** gems, as i discovered yesterday, infact im gonig to buy a few bags and then throw a ****** jem whenever some gets angry :troll:

...and Ben at least I'm posting something very very informative. That you ****ing suck. Now go train against lvl 1 CPU's on Icicle Mountain you ****** because you show no signs of ever improving. Might as well put items on while you're at it.
oh snap!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

LOOOOL I agree with this

Unreal - The gap has got smaller but remains...and I won this tournament which means that I have won the last 4 tournaments, get ***** Fuzzy

Also this is the 3rd time in a row Me & AD have won doubles, get ***** UK community.

Im the best Doubles partner in the UK undoubtably and whoever teams with me achieves an auto win.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
LOOOOL I agree with this

Unreal - The gap has got smaller but remains...and I won this tournament which means that I have won the last 4 tournaments, get ***** Fuzzy

Also this is the 3rd time in a row Me & AD have won doubles, get ***** UK community.

Im the best Doubles partner in the UK undoubtably and whoever teams with me achieves an auto win.
wtff soooo cocky lol

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
I didnt mean as in Prof or Fuzz are gonna be dethroned anytime soon, im saying people are slowly catching up. Lower skilled players improve faster than higher skilled IMO. The closer you get to your peak, the slower you improve.

:phone:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
2 reasons:

1. People are so focused with their own improvement that they don't even stop to think that the ones they're gunning for are also improving. Charles' improvement post g2 far outstrips the majority of the UK community's recent improvement, the same could in turn be said for Aaron as he is still beating Charles consistently despite this fact. Like it or not, if anyone (myself included) wants to make the gap smaller they need to put in a LOT more effort than they are currently.

2. Even if high-tier UK players are doing better vs top level players, there's no player at this level that can destroy lesser skilled players anywhere near the extent that the top level do. AC's performance vs high-tier players is a good example of this. This just shows that the top level players either have much stronger basics than we do, or they're better at adapting to playstyles, or both. It doesn't matter how well you do vs pro/fuzz if you're still struggling or going even vs people who they dominate.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Prof and Fuzz are improving faster than any of us are tbh. They've been increasing the gap for a while. There's only a select few people in the UK that have been improving anywhere near as much as they have.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master

............ ok. Angry at me for no particular reason

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
So about the UK stepping up..everyone apart from the obvious top 3 losing to this american who probably isnt even top 10 in his state :/

its pretty bad imo, we need more dedicated players. It's so bad for me + prof + va when playing in the bracket cause we're just going to tournaments to compete against eachother, knowing everyone else is a walk in the park -_-

doesnt it suck being represented by the three guys who've been on top for ages? Look at california where they have a load of great players

Top Bottom