• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Calzorz

Smash Lord
andy or cong if u read this text me results (andys got my new num) i wana see how results change when im not there to eliminate every1! :p

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
was a pretty good turn out and had alot of fun, next time i hope i can get through pools :) had some awesome matches specially against pikachu,fox and ice climbers although icey actually trolloped on my fayc although props to G.P we did some funny doubles friendlies we played me lucas g.p ganondorf and got a nice win :p

was good meeting u lot although i had to leave early for the train and also all those tvs giving me a massive headache!!

cong

Smash Journeyman
1st. Anaky :marth:
2nd. J.Miller :metaknight: (im not impressed)
3rd. Pafos :olimar:
4th. Cloud :fox: :metaknight:
5th. Kmac :diddy:
5th. Slurps :popo: :dedede:
7th. Ixis :bowser:
7th Luigimitsu :wario:
9th. Monkey Kong :wario:
9th. G.P :rob: :ike:
9th. Hoe4U :pikachu2:
9th. Solo :toonlink: :sheik:

23rd flaker Marcbri (getting people hype for no reason)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Melee doubles:

1: Alpha Dash + Prof
2: Jolteon + Fuzzyness
3: J03 + AMCD
4: Deathgazer + j3ly
5: Crabman + GM Jack
5: Bullet Bill + JJLinyard
7: POW + AC
7: Anakin + Cong
9: Fred + Moogled
9: DABISHWIZ + Fandemz
9: Hadster + Fool

Melee singles:

1: Professor Pro
2: Fuzzyness
3: crystalnite
4: j3ly
5: AMCD
5: Jolteon
7: Deathgazer
7: AC
9: Bullet Bill
9: JJLinyard
9: GM Jack
9: Unreal
13: Famdenz
13: J03
13: Alpha Dash
13: Crabman
17: POW
17: DABISHWIZ

VA

Smash Hero
Melee doubles:

1: Alpha Dash + Prof
2: Jolteon + Fuzzyness
3: J03 + AMCD
4: Deathgazer + j3ly
5: Crabman + GM Jack
5: Bullet Bill + JJLinyard
7: POW + AC
7: Anakin + Cong
9: Fred + Moogled
9: DABISHWIZ + Fandemz
9: Hadster + Fool

Melee singles:

1: Professor Pro
2: Fuzzyness
3: crystalnite
4: j3ly
5: AMCD
5: Jolteon
7: Deathgazer
7: AC
9: Bullet Bill
9: JJLinyard
9: GM Jack
9: Unreal
13: Famdenz
13: J03
13: Alpha Dash
13: Crabman
17: POW
17: DABISHWIZ
These results are interesting, wish I could have been there :(

Good stuff prof on winning doubles and singles. Fuzzy where you at? Also, what is this crystalnite dude doing showing up and ******? Come on UK, don't prove me right about you.

VA

Smash Hero
He got beaten badly by fuzz but beat me/j3ly/others in his bracket @_@
that sucks :(

I think the level in america is just crazy high. Players like Aniolas, who btw is not terrible by any standards, fades into obscurity out there. I failed to make a mark like Charles did. I'm better from it now though. Score in finals?

Jolteon

that sucks :(

I think the level in america is just crazy high. Players like Aniolas, who btw is not terrible by any standards, fades into obscurity out there. I failed to make a mark like Charles did. I'm better from it now though. Score in finals?
Yeah it bugs me as well, but I'm trying to do something about it lol.

GFs set 1 was... 3-2 I think? Set 2 was 4-1.

L-J

Smash Ace
Very interesting results for singles - wouldn't have called some ppl being above others. Like VA I'm not overly surprised by Crystalnite placing so high. I get the impression many americans play melee much more and with greater desire to improve than most UK players (myself included). That's not a critiicsm of UK or negativity, just how it is imo. Not to mention many US regionals having more melee players attending tournaments than our whole country lol. Just my 2 cents on that subject.

Anyway, I believe in you Alex you'll get him next time. Who does he play ooi?

:phone:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
1st. Anaky :marth:
2nd. J.Miller :metaknight: (im not impressed)
3rd. Pafos :olimar:
4th. Cloud :fox: :metaknight:
5th. Kmac :diddy:
5th. Slurps :popo: :dedede:
7th. Ixis :bowser:
7th Luigimitsu :wario:
9th. Monkey Kong :wario:
9th. G.P :rob: :ike:
9th. Hoe4U :pikachu2:
9th. Solo :toonlink: :sheik:

23rd flaker Marcbri (getting people hype for no reason)
Good shiz Solo and Luigimitsu for there placing since they are two people from the Croydon Tournaments and coming here and actually placing...and I know that this was actually Solo's 1st time coming.

Yeah it bugs me as well, but I'm trying to do something about it lol.

GFs set 1 was... 3-2 I think? Set 2 was 4-1.
I sent Charles to the losers 3-1 (<< All CF)
He beat me GF 1st Set 3-1 (<< All Marth)
I beat him GF 2nd Set 4-1 (<< All Marth, last Game CF on DL64)

ALSO doubles went to Last Game, Last Set
AmcD and J03 sent Fuzz and Jolteon to the LB
We won the last game going DOUBLE PEACH against Jolteon and Fuzzy's Fox on FD :troll:

Very interesting results for singles - wouldn't have called some ppl being above others. Like VA I'm not overly surprised by Crystalnite placing so high. I get the impression many americans play melee much more and with greater desire to improve than most UK players (myself included). That's not a critiicsm of UK or negativity, just how it is imo. Not to mention many US regionals having more melee players attending tournaments than our whole country lol. Just my 2 cents on that subject.

He played Shiek which increased dat salt lol...
Me personally I think I would have had no problem with facing Crystalnite but I unfortantely didn't get the chance to play him except for in friendlies.
He did go 2-1 with Unreal in pools though apparently

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Im gonna do a shoutout but I have to mention one person before I do it which is...

J3LY - You actually need to stop being so negative about everything and actually have some general manners, I remember when I beat you in our match and I wasn't being cocky, I stuck my hand out humbly and said 'Good Game' you just stood up, pulled out your controller, smacked my hand said sumfin like 'Yeah, whatever' and walked off...but it wasn't really what you said it was the manner you did it in

And when I was beating Unreal with my Roy in our MM you were getting pissed off at me LOL, like im doing something wrong and said 'Prof your such a ****ing scrub' in some annoyed agressive tone and you were just watching the match getting vexed and pissed off lol, and I was just thinking what's wrong with you cos it's not like im playing you lol

Im just saying you should stop your overall negative vibe...

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Good results, interesting to say the least so many people stepping it up. Also AC bringing the business.

This American guy needs to play like Fortunecookie and SS then they can get even better lol

Ohh n Prof how did Roy MMs go?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
This was a good monthly :). Awesome that Joe and AmcD were there and Duncan who I haven't seen in ages!!

I don't know why people are talking bad about crystalnite as he's a pretty good player and very consistant which is why he did so well. He's also a really nice guy so I wouldn't say stuff about him if you haven't met him/ played him yet.

I have to say my fav moment in the tournament was playing j3ly as we ended up playing Doc vs Mario. The games went pretty close until it went to 1-1 then in the last game he SD'd on the last stock. Crazy stuff

Don't forget UK smashers, I'm hosting a pretty big smashfest in October. I have loads of space cos it's a free house, and housing. I might even provide food + drinks!!!!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=309346

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Ben would love to come but it's pretty far from my uni :( but I'll see what I can do.

Don't think people are talking about crystalnite in a bad way more just like shocked lol

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Crystalnite was good lol he beat my falco, 2nd game i beat him with my fox and then he beat me 3rd game. I was playing so dumb though, getting baited and ****

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Good shiz Solo and Luigimitsu for there placing since they are two people from the Croydon Tournaments and coming here and actually placing...and I know that this was actually Solo's 1st time coming.
yeah, solo is a cool guy. i enjoyed my matches against him, just need to learn to space with toon link a little better, a bit more bomb spam and hes gonna be top notch
same with luigimitsu, his wario is incredibly slippery, i give him heavy props for his improvement. be sure to bring these people next time, i owe luigimitsu a salty runback

This was a good monthly :). Awesome that Joe and AmcD were there and Duncan who I haven't seen in ages!!

I don't know why people are talking bad about crystalnite as he's a pretty good player and very consistant which is why he did so well. He's also a really nice guy so I wouldn't say stuff about him if you haven't met him/ played him yet.

I have to say my fav moment in the tournament was playing j3ly as we ended up playing Doc vs Mario. The games went pretty close until it went to 1-1 then in the last game he SD'd on the last stock. Crazy stuff

Don't forget UK smashers, I'm hosting a pretty big smashfest in October. I have loads of space cos it's a free house, and housing. I might even provide food + drinks!!!!

interested, post it again when youve updated the thread, i always enjoy smashfests :B
how far is southampton from london anyhow?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh wow really?
okay better question, how much would it cost me to get from london (preferably victoria) to southampton?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Good results, interesting to say the least so many people stepping it up. Also AC bringing the business.

This American guy needs to play like Fortunecookie and SS then they can get even better lol

Ohh n Prof how did Roy MMs go?
AC beat Dujuan which Dujuan was mega salty about lol...I still don't understand why everyone struggles against him so much, I literally (and literally) can 4 stock him whenever I want to with multiple characters.

And I didn't actually get to play nearly as much as I wished.
Beat Crabman 3-0
Beat Bishkin 3-0
Beat Unreal 3-1
Lost to J3ly 2-1 but it wasn't Bo5 so it doesn't count :bee:
Plus I 4 stocked him on the match I won which is like two wins. :awesome:

Ben...no-one is saying anything bad about him, stop being silly and defensive...are people not allowed to want their UK allies win lol?

And also I will be looking to come to your smashfest...our of interest, what kind of food would be provided :awesome:

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
victoria-southhampton normally takes between 1.30hr and 1.50hr and cost 33quid unfortunately for me even though im close to london the route is really bad and takes 3hr.. and cost 44quid for 1 trip i think i might be counted out simple because of cost. but i definately wanna come to some more brawl events, think i would have got some more wins if i was more experienced in certain matchups. and definately neeed to have some more friendlys with u gp. sincewe kept getting kicked off!! i think we should train g n w ditto doubles :p and maybe ivysaur+chariszard for teabagging :p

Jolteon

Thanks baby. <3

AC beat Dujuan which Dujuan was mega salty about lol...I still don't understand why everyone struggles against him so much, I literally (and literally) can 4 stock him whenever I want to with multiple characters.

And I didn't actually get to play nearly as much as I wished.
Beat Crabman 3-0
Beat Bishkin 3-0
Beat Unreal 3-1
Lost to J3ly 2-1 but it wasn't Bo5 so it doesn't count :bee:
Plus I 4 stocked him on the match I won which is like two wins. :awesome:
Dujuan just needs to learn how to DI so he doesn't get caught in a "combo" consisting of jabs/illegitimate side-b chains. :awesome:

btw I found it interesting that most of the fastfallers that accepted your challenge where Falco players lol.

Oh yeah btw I have 2 things I wanna address before making shout-outs, the first is that when me/charles/aaron went to go play doubles GF we sat down and played 2 sets that went to the LAST GAME, and afterwards I checked the singles bracket and there were only like 2 people in losers bracket which is just pathetic. If you guys could be more self motivated when playing your matches while we're busy that would help a lot, since the day progressed really fast up until that point.

The second is personal hygiene. I think this is the worst the venue has ever smelled, and it's just unacceptable. If everyone could have the decency to spend 10 minutes showering before they could leave and apply deodorant this wouldn't be a big deal, it's just rude not to and it enforces the stereotype of gamers being unhygienic and lazy. I honestly felt sick when I walked back into the venue after going to the shop.

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
why is prof's roy soo ****? and what made him pick up roy in the first place :confused:
hope to attend the next one and maybe take on that roy....

Heartstring

Smash Legend
victoria-southhampton normally takes between 1.30hr and 1.50hr and cost 33quid unfortunately for me even though im close to london the route is really bad and takes 3hr.. and cost 44quid for 1 trip i think i might be counted out simple because of cost. but i definately wanna come to some more brawl events, think i would have got some more wins if i was more experienced in certain matchups. and definately neeed to have some more friendlys with u gp. sincewe kept getting kicked off!! i think we should train g n w ditto doubles :p and maybe ivysaur+chariszard for teabagging :p
oh wow really? that sucks
and yeah we do. we normalyl have 5 or 6 wii's for brawl, so the fact there was only 4 was a little dissapointing. theres need to be a minor discount for people when they bring wii's/cube's

or more to the point, brawlers jsut need to step it up :L

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
AC has stepped up I must say however I don't see how Dujuan lost to him or how he got where he placed considering our friendlies.... props to him still. Who was Dujuan playing as if Ice climbers I told that fool to learn that match up so may times....

gm jack

Smash Lord
I'm a bit salty at losing to AC as well. Just have to focus more and trust my punishes to work if they are more than tilt -> fair. AD just didn't seem to have an answer to Marth's range, and kept desparately groping for the grab when he was being kept out.

AC's legit though. He was almost off my radar be he's definitely in the UK mid tier.

Also, more people need to bring cubes. There were TV spare as it was, and I had to leave early, meaning there were a fair few empty by the end.

I got a cube the day before the tournament for £10 from a pawn shop with cables and an official pad. The community has more than enough copies of melee to have as many set ups as we have space for, so people need to step up a bit and just keep an eye out for a cheap cube (if you don't bring one already) and do your part in keeping the tournaments running well. Also, more TV's = more friendlies/MMs, so everyone benefits.

EDIT - it's also true that the majority of the UK does suck. However, a lot of the UK has been improving at a steady rate, and I wouldn't be surprised if more upsets happen as people continue to improve. Jolteon and Unreal have done it recently, and a few more could easily happen.

Top Bottom