• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Thanks for being nosy, but I had made plans to sort out quite a few personal things during the week, that are indeed rather urgent. Now that I must work until Saturday, I have no time to do them and consequently must do them during the weekend. Looks like I'll be having way less time for smash from now.
Predictable flake is predictable, I am never ever wrong with my statements, you should have looked at my statement when you thought you were coming and said 'Well Prof said im going to flake so I should cease me planning to come' :awesome:

I might do some Melee money matches with people if i get fed up of Brawl cuz im not gonna enter Melee as iv'e gotta protect our country from spains best player winning lololol, jks. But srs bsns am i bringing the MACTOP????
LOL You better not let some random Spainish guy win, I don't play brawl but I will prob watch the GF's (if he's in it) and hyping it and when you take his stock each time I will tell you to cover the spawn points lol :bee:

I dont know if im entering teams yet, dont really enjoy it tbh lol

:phone:
LOL At saying this after teaming with Fuzzy last tournament lol...You wouldn't be feeling like that if you were teaming with me, the BEST TEAM PLAYER IN THE UK and it would become your favourite game mode

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Gumtree is really good for stuff like this, you shouldn't dismiss it. It has loads of TVs in the London area.

http://www.gumtree.com/televisions-plasma-lcd-tvs/london

Just click on the one you want and then either click reply to ad or call them if they give a number

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/j...-pla-with-remote-excellent-freeeeeee/88129538

Looks a bit dodgy, but it would be good if legit
very helpful, thank you.

Lol London tournies have always been messy. I say me, you, TC, AD and pro step up to make sure things get done.

Unless this thing has more then 40 ppl theres no reason why pools cant be finished in 2 hours

heres the maths, say 6 people per pool = 15 sets per pool. so between 30-45 games (average 37.5), max game time = 7/8 mins (average 4/5 mins).

So max time is 45x8= 360 mins = 6 hours

average time is 37.5x5= 187.5 = 3 hours 10 mins (roughly)

these calculations are based on a SINGLE TV, so assuming each pool has 2 or 3 tv's its going to take on average 1 hour to 90 mins for all pools to be done. therefore the notion of it taking more then 3 hours is ridiculous
I'm totally up for this, I can be intimidating and install the fear by saying "play your match... NOOOWW!" but I might offend Bullet 'Baby' Bill... :urg:

People shouldn't be getting anything to eat when it's gonna hold them up either. That I can at least understand though, you need to eat. What bothers me is if people are outside getting stoned and making the tournament finish late at night. Put simply- if you want to hang out and get stoned, thats fine, but when it's a smash event then it gets a bit rude
not just smokers, its pretty much everyone... people that want to "warm up", people playing multiple games people watching epic matches, people timing others out during a tournament match....

Who u teaming with at this event? (Alpha dash im guessin)

OOC baby! :awesome:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
to be fair you cant blame people for wanting to watch a match that WILL be deemed epic. otherwise, yeah theres no excuse

Heartstring

Smash Legend
indeed
if im not busy ill help out too, brawl always gets finished though so ill try and give melee side a hand if needed

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
yeah im kinda looking forward to watching alot of people play brawl and melee, because i dont really play melee much, and in brawl im more intrested in watching chars i dont see much of like olimar,ic,falco,shiek (i dont know anyone who plays them well!)

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Finally got internet.

Couple of questions: best way to go from Liverpool to London? Could someone pick me up / house me on saturday night?

Thx D:

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Marcbri have you got MSN and can you get online now? I can prolly answer all your question there. If ya got MSN PM me it. I might have had you already i think but all my friends got deleted last week.

Edit: Ohh yeah and btw il be bringing my wii so WF, LF and GF can be saved onto my wii to be uploaded later in GODLY quality possibly. Also any other matches as well. Prof come on black ops now lol.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh yeah, andy one thing i suggest we do for brawl finals
as you know, the commentary for the finals (regardless of who's on it) is always corrupted by background noise. what i suggest we do is we setup your wii on the bit near toilets, so that the commentators can have the walls to their back, that way it wot have any background noise

rustediron

Smash Lord
cba to come to this because I haven't touched smash in several months + I'm working that day, but interested to see vids so def get recording done properly. Try and record some random pool games as well, it's cool to see how newer players are doing sometimes

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
True if you get someone you enjoy teaming with it can be fun......unreal, me you, double fox, think about it lol
JJL- Teams if you want.

Thats what I mean. the blame cant be designated at one person when the problem is everyone. It just needs to get strict as a whole...
Are London monthlies really this bad at the moment? People watchihng matches instead of playing theirs, warming up? That really is terrible. Things have gotton waay too slack.

If things don't improve I probably won't come up for monthlies in the future as I'm not gonna put in the effort of going all the way to London when I can't even watch the GF, maybe even Semi Finals. I (and a fair few other smashers) need to leave time for the journey back, so I can't really afford to be there till late at night.

I am still coming to this because I really want to play some smash + Joe, Alan are coming but I probably won't come in the future if I know they're just gonna be stretched out because of peoples laziness :(

AD- seriously I'll be doing the same. If people have a match to play then they should be playing it. No excuses

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Or get IXIS ON THE MIC lolololololol. But yeah we need to find a more quiet palce where it wont pick up noise, we'll do some tests before we actually record also.

Ohh yeah and also il be up for soem money matches with Brawlers as well this tiem as i usually dont rly money match much at all, but if u want one just give me a shout.

keoni

Smash Rookie
i am definitely interested in attending this. the venue is still the same as the first post etc? i'm an international student from hawaii studying here for three months. if anyone's in the roehampton area lets set some games up!

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
AD- seriously I'll be doing the same. If people have a match to play then they should be playing it. No excuses
at least we can agree on something. My tournament is going to be so structured. got the venue sorted just need a confirmation date which I should be getting tomorrow.

I may be housing the day before and I'll be able to have up to 5 people. I'll be prioritising people who have housed/ done any favour/ helped me out in any way.

There are so many smashers in Croydon and around the area. Seeing as I'm now in charge of Smash at M&M games on Thursdays I'm gonna be using this opportunity to play both games and get more people into melee.

Out Of Con'Trolls'
Hosted by: Alpha Dash and M&M Games (Croydon).

i am definitely interested in attending this. the venue is still the same as the first post etc? i'm an international student from hawaii studying here for three months. if anyone's in the roehampton area lets set some games up!
Roehampton to croydon isn't that far. Takes less than an hour. Do you play melee or brawl?

the only problem is i work full time so its kind of hard for me to always host on request but get at me!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
hey keoni I live really close to roehampton, unfortunately though I just play melee (my wii doesn't even play brawl), but you're also pretty close to croydon and there's small brawl tournaments every thurs in croydon.

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
I know a guy named Keoni from MKWii, hes also from hawaii, is it you? Lol

keoni

Smash Rookie
hey keoni I live really close to roehampton, unfortunately though I just play melee (my wii doesn't even play brawl), but you're also pretty close to croydon and there's small brawl tournaments every thurs in croydon.
hey i play melee as well. maybe we can get together sometime!

I know a guy named Keoni from MKWii, hes also from hawaii, is it you? Lol

i don't think so haha. i've only ever played mkwii locally

at least we can agree on something. My tournament is going to be so structured. got the venue sorted just need a confirmation date which I should be getting tomorrow.

I may be housing the day before and I'll be able to have up to 5 people. I'll be prioritising people who have housed/ done any favour/ helped me out in any way.

There are so many smashers in Croydon and around the area. Seeing as I'm now in charge of Smash at M&M games on Thursdays I'm gonna be using this opportunity to play both games and get more people into melee.

Out Of Con'Trolls'

Roehampton to croydon isn't that far. Takes less than an hour. Do you play melee or brawl?

the only problem is i work full time so its kind of hard for me to always host on request but get at me!
cool, i play both melee and brawl so whichever you want to play, i'm game.

i think i'm going to go to the tournament this weekend. is anyone who lives in croydon going? maybe we can meet up and go together since i don't really know london too much

Bullet Bill

Smash Master

Out Of Con'Trolls'

I don't really disagree with you that much anyway lol. You just seem to trashtalk me a lot so I end up trashtalking you back.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yknow all this time ive beeen trying to figure out what OOC stands for. as if i never figured seeing as its always in AD's sig XD

also, if i can get to the croydon tournament without major issues then im game, is croydon on the outskirts of london? and how hard is it to get there from the northern side of london?

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
Is MVC3 gonna be at this tourney? I remember fuzz saying something about a partnership what happened with that?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Keoni: OK cool we'll sort something out sometime. ;p

GP: Croydon is in south london lol, best bet would be arriving in Victoria if you're ooLondon.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh cool, because in that case ill need housing for the evening, and i dunno which brawlers live in south london :(
still i can always find out...the croydon events will have brawl too right?

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
i think i'm going to go to the tournament this weekend. is anyone who lives in croydon going? maybe we can meet up and go together since i don't really know london too much
prof and I are going, you can meet up with us, east croydon station for 11.30!

oh cool, because in that case ill need housing for the evening, and i dunno which brawlers live in south london :(
still i can always find out...the croydon events will have brawl too right?
what? my tournament I'm planning? or the thursday night weeklies?

my tournament is goint to be both games. Thursdays is usually brawl.

so anyone hosting tomorrow? may come down london if there is providing they can house :) Im back at hertfordshire, moved here on monday
evening I can house you?

Top Bottom