• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Hello Mr Proffessor Pro but I would like to money match your Roy for £1 if that would be possible, a best of 3 set would be fine. Im very technical at this game, more technical than Silent Wolf if I do say so myself. I think I will win the Super Smash Bros Melee tournament with ease.
LOL Yeah I definitely don't mind, I might as well Marth Ditto you in Brawl for the lulz and since we will both win at our both games then we have to settle it on 1 vs 1 black ops :bee:

doubles should be finished and if your lucky you will have played all your pools matches...
Are you going to be at this since you have the recording equipment???

Lol London tournies have always been messy. I say me, you, TC, AD and pro step up to make sure things get done.

Unless this thing has more then 40 ppl theres no reason why pools cant be finished in 2 hours

heres the maths, say 6 people per pool = 15 sets per pool. so between 30-45 games (average 37.5), max game time = 7/8 mins (average 4/5 mins).

So max time is 45x8= 360 mins = 6 hours

average time is 37.5x5= 187.5 = 3 hours 10 mins (roughly)

these calculations are based on a SINGLE TV, so assuming each pool has 2 or 3 tv's its going to take on average 1 hour to 90 mins for all pools to be done. therefore the notion of it taking more then 3 hours is ridiculous
I defintely don't mind helping out, IM 100% OF THE TIME always finishing my pools early and progressing in the brackets and having to wait for others to catch up so I can just play...

sounds good to me, I'd rather enjoy this than waste time ****** some **** roy.
That's because you're a douche and can't handle it :)

And stop setting up MM's when you're not even coming lol

I agree with this actually, things have kinda gotten slack. I'm thinking we should go back to numbering TVs and I also think we should have a warning/dq system.
WE ALWAYS SAY THIS..........then never do it

Can we actually do this so people can start getting DQ'd, people clearly stand outside smoking/eating/talking when they have tournament matches and I have to call them.

Or they just disappear without warning....just Warn then DQ them this tournament cos that's why GF's didn't get done last time, cos of them people not playing tournament matches.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
I will be coming, however if someone brings a laptop with a software ill bring the capture device but my laptop cant use it properly, it needs to be able to trick it to being 60hz btw :)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Prof- Agreed. There should def be DQs happening if people stall the tournament.

People should realise that people spend money and travel to play in this tournament and that them having to wait for such a long time for it to finish because of a few people inconsiderate is unfair.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I will be coming, however if someone brings a laptop with a software ill bring the capture device but my laptop cant use it properly, it needs to be able to trick it to being 60hz btw :)
Hmmm...I'll ask Dujuan about it, I know Unreal has a laptop but don't know if he can bring it but it would be helpful obviously since a few 'returns' are coming this tournament and plus my amazing Roy and needs to be captured.

And I honestly want to get all my Roy MM's done....Jjlinayrd you want a £2 MM against it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3flNrbkmRgc&feature=feedu

LOL Absolute destruction.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Hmmm...I'll ask Dujuan about it, I know Unreal has a laptop but don't know if he can bring it but it would be helpful obviously since a few 'returns' are coming this tournament and plus my amazing Roy and needs to be captured.

And I honestly want to get all my Roy MM's done....Jjlinayrd you want a £2 MM against it?
Kl let me know,

And bring it on dawg...

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I am coming and whatever dude. I'll take your Roy to school with my own Roy and I've hardly played the character. £5 MM Roy ditto?
LOL Sure you're coming...and the only thing you can school me in is how to lose a tourn, leave the scene, then pretend there's another reason behind it :awesome:

And I accept that MM which won't happen.

L-J

Smash Ace
I can't make this so you can take me off any seeds list. My 2 cents though is (if I was coming) Unreal and Deathgazer have to be above me, Joe and AMCD based on recent results.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I can't make this so you can take me off any seeds list. My 2 cents though is (if I was coming) Unreal and Deathgazer have to be above me, Joe and AMCD based on recent results.
I agree with this....I actually think it would be incredibly stupid to put J03 and EPESH AmcD over Unreal and Deathgazer.

Even though AD is my dawggggggg, they should still be put above him as well cos of their tournament placing, but because J03 and AmcD haven't been around awhile I think they should be more viable for 2nd seed, unless Jolteon (since he's the most recent person to play them with a more unbias opinion) has a different opinion on the subject.

AmcD

Smash Ace
Yeah me and Joe should be in 2nd seed, going by recent results. As long as seeding is done by "recent results".

What was the results of the last UK National?

Also, anyone else want to MM me at this?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I forgot the results but I think it was

Split for 1st - Me & Fuzz
3rd - Jolteon
Joint 5th - Unreal & J3ly
Im unsure 7/9th

Soooo AmcD, do you know about the doubles MM we're having???
Me & Alpha Dash vs You and J03 for £10 Each

Me and J03 are betting £10 between each other and Alpha Dash wants to do it with you but you haven't confirmed anything yet.

AmcD

Smash Ace
I forgot the results but I think it was

Split for 1st - Me & Fuzz
3rd - Jolteon
Joint 5th - Unreal & J3ly
Im unsure 7/9th

Soooo AmcD, do you know about the doubles MM we're having???
Me & Alpha Dash vs You and J03 for £10 Each

Me and J03 are betting £10 between each other and Alpha Dash wants to do it with you but you haven't confirmed anything yet.
So it was a London Monthly?

Yeah I saw that, I'll decide when I come down not sure about MM in doubles because don't see the point in trying to prove anything by doing it.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yh I think it was a monthly since I don't think it was a GT and it's only one of them two lol...and it's your choice to put up the money obviously, you can do it for less with Alpha Dash but im personally doing it for £10 with J03

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah that was it...either way, valid enough reason for them to be Top Seed.

ALSOOOO im still 1st Top Seed for this tournament, just thought that should be reconfirmed for those of you who make the brackets and put me 2nd Top Seed

Cos I want to see Fuzzy vs VA....even though I prob won't see it cos VA ain't coming :awesome:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Can I be seeded top and not high this time? I don't feel like eliminating another crew.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOOOL....Dat salt

But yeah you're crew did actually get eliminated...which is why I felt that nice satisfaction because everyone kept on saying 'Why do I think Jolteon is good, he never places good' but I know all along, and then Tesco Crew got one man armied

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
? I though it was obvious that Jolteon would be a top seed. 3rd at the last tournament = top seed wihtout a doubt.

I don't really know who will go in the harder spots to decide for seeds but definitely j3ly, unreal, Jolteon, deathgazer for top.

IS ANYONE WANTING TO TEAM FOR DOUBLES FOR THIS

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
LOOOL....Dat salt

But yeah you're crew did actually get eliminated...which is why I felt that nice satisfaction because everyone kept on saying 'Why do I think Jolteon is good, he never places good' but I know all along, and then Tesco Crew got one man armied
Lol im actually not bothered, i gave him credit for beating my crew last tournament.

:phone:

gm jack

Smash Lord
? I though it was obvious that Jolteon would be a top seed. 3rd at the last tournament = top seed wihtout a doubt.

I don't really know who will go in the harder spots to decide for seeds but definitely j3ly, unreal, Jolteon, deathgazer for top.

If Crab.man isn't coming, I'd be up for teaming. I'll let you know as soon as Sean lets me know.

Jolteon

I got 3rd at GT5 and last monthly I wasn't a top seed, I had to play Charles in my second round.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I can't make this which is lame but it's the only day I can get a lift back to Uni. (I have to much crap to take with me on a train)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Haha I just got a job and consequently am not coming to this.

Suck it jokers.
surprising turn of events!
i moustache you a question though, why is there joy at getting a job that steals your saturday? do weekday jobs not exist in london anymore :L

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
i moustache you a question though, why is there joy at getting a job that steals your saturday? do weekday jobs not exist in london anymore :L
He is not from London, he is from Brighton...and yes they do in London lol

Give me MMs! :(
You've earned the fear status where everyone is too scared to challenge you in an MM....be proud of it lol :)

Or do the cocky stock advantage MM's :awesome:

I'll MM you though, since I am also a victim of the fear status, which is one of the reasons my Roy has a lot of MM's because the fear status doesnt reside there, but it will after this event.

VA

Smash Hero
Thanks for being nosy, but I had made plans to sort out quite a few personal things during the week, that are indeed rather urgent. Now that I must work until Saturday, I have no time to do them and consequently must do them during the weekend. Looks like I'll be having way less time for smash from now.

Jolteon

You've earned the fear status where everyone is too scared to challenge you in an MM....be proud of it lol :)

Or do the cocky stock advantage MM's :awesome:

I'll MM you though, since I am also a victim of the fear status, which is one of the reasons my Roy has a lot of MM's because the fear status doesnt reside there, but it will after this event.
That's a good idea. :awesome:

I'll accept MMs with my Pikachu and/or MMs with my Sheik at a stock disadvantage.

Accepted, btw. Sheik vs Fox obviously.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
I might do some Melee money matches with people if i get fed up of Brawl cuz im not gonna enter Melee as iv'e gotta protect our country from spains best player winning lololol, jks. But srs bsns am i bringing the MACTOP????

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Thanks for being nosy, but I had made plans to sort out quite a few personal things during the week, that are indeed rather urgent. Now that I must work until Saturday, I have no time to do them and consequently must do them during the weekend. Looks like I'll be having way less time for smash from now.

Top Bottom