• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Tamoo

Smash Master
K, here's a link to my vid channel, the top 8 vids are from yesterday
Unfortunately, I had no vids of Deathgazer's Falco but I belive Dave has some so ill pester him to upload them.
Even more unfortunately, two of the matches came out quite choppy cos hugo tried to push my laptop a bit too hard. The two vids that this happened to, Deathgazer and Frugs both effectively got 0-death combos on so its a shame that this happened and I have no doubt Prof had something to do with this, but at least there is some record of this having happened

http://www.youtube.com/user/tamoo99

VA

Smash Hero
Basically what you're saying prof is, you and the londoners think that you're second.

smash =/= London

Anyway I watched your vids and you do still need to work on edgegaurding.

Hugo needs to work on DI. Get DIing those uthrow > uairs. If you fail the DI on uthrow then smash DI the uair.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Prof - A lot of people like me, more people then like you Mr complainey lol.
I'm gonna report you for saying no-one likes me. I was kinda hurt by you saying that and I went and sat down on my chair and had a big think about my life. Minor flaming k?
lol My fox isn't overrated, I am pretty amazing when I look at my fox in the mirror. Don't be upset just cos I am gonna **** you lol. Dunno how I am overrated while being second in the UK.
I will just **** you when I see you so you will think I am underrated.
Oh yeah and you only think I am overrated cos I annoy you, you tend to think people are better when you are closer friends with them. You're so rubbish Bullet Bill please improve:laugh::):laugh::)

Thanks MakoMako for sticking up for which was not licking bum lol.
lol I can tell I rly hurt your feelings with that post :laugh:

''KONTEN-YURI''

Smash Cadet
LOL alot has happened since i've been gone.
Hopefully I might not do too bad at this tourney. Well one thnigs for sure, I know my Boi N i are going to **** at the doubles!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Basically what you're saying prof is, you and the londoners think that you're second.

smash =/= London

Hugo needs to work on DI. Get DIing those uthrow > uairs. If you fail the DI on uthrow then smash DI the uair.
I am basically saying that I and the other top players which are in London agree.
What was your list again for who's in second lol.
And thanks for the advice baby I will look into that, I haven't look at the vids yet.
Hopefully you improved your approach and you have become more conistent in your punishing:)

K, here's a link to my vid channel, the top 8 vids are from yesterday
Unfortunately, I had no vids of Deathgazer's Falco but I belive Dave has some so ill pester him to upload them.
Even more unfortunately, two of the matches came out quite choppy cos hugo tried to push my laptop a bit too hard. The two vids that this happened to, Deathgazer and Frugs both effectively got 0-death combos on so its a shame that this happened and I have no doubt Prof had something to do with this, but at least there is some record of this having happened

http://www.youtube.com/user/tamoo99
lol I had nothing to do with them not being recorded, I didn't even touch the laptop lol.
Deathgazer didn't get a good 0-death lol it was just down throw jab down air lol. Frugs 0-death was alright though lol.
Edit: actually Detahgazer 0-death wasn't that but oh well lol. I still ***** him after that.

lol I can tell I rly hurt your feelings with that post :laugh:
Yeah you really hurt my feelings. I am now going to log onto msn specifically to find you to complain about the post you previously made and try to get you to admit and see that you were wrong in posting that. A tactic you often use.

WHAT IS THE FIRST GAME TAMOO LOL, EVERYTHING ON YOUR ACCOUNT IS LAID OUT SO CONFUSING LOL.
Don't worry I found it lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLDESCdopCg&feature=channel

VA

Smash Hero
Yeah I've improved those aspects of my game a lot and my marth is particularly consistent with edgeguards.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah I've improved those aspects of my game a lot and my marth is particularly consistent with edgeguards.
Nice, who do you play with any. I know you play with alot of people that ain't really well known or on smashboards.

bulletbill is a ****** lmao
lool What did tha word say, I must know.

Along with you Willz lol.

VA

Smash Hero
I've taught my flat mates to play smash lol. One of them is weirdly talented and can waveshine and do shine turnaround up b edge hogs. His marth is really good too for a noob, he'll like start off a ken combo but not finish it.

Other than that I play instensely with swizzy whenever I see him, the odd 5 hour session against jam and when Beast is around we play a lot of smash. Like I said the other day my playtime with fox is way over maximum because I practice technical quite often. It helps with consistancy.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well you can still learn to be good at brawl and plenty of players there will give you good advice to improve so it will defintely be good fun.
Whereabout in London are you from, cos you could meet up with some people in your area and come and are you coming with anyone or just by yourself?

rustediron

Smash Lord
Sounds good, I may have to make this my first tournament. I'm pretty terrible at Brawl though. Ah well, should be fun.
That's fine, just play melee.

smash =/= London

Thanks for the advice, should I just spam quarter-circles after I get uthrown?
Uthrown is an awesome word.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
No just DI the throw (preferably behind the fox as it is harder for the fox to get you) and then DI the hit left or right lol.
Would prob be best for you to get that down before you try to start smash DI'ing the Uair.

VA

Smash Hero
no, just smash DI to the side.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217426

what he's saying is. go over his head at first then SDI back the other way. know when to time it, you're trying to escape the second hit. Learning this is vital to playing marth vs fox as it limits him in one of his easiest and most damaging strategies. he has to do other **** from uthrow.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Fair enough maybe he should learn it, but right now he is just getting ***** from not DI'ing it at all lol.
I remember me nearly ALWAYS doing two uairs from an up throw and cos he wouldnt DI the first throw and then the first Uair which is pretty easy to DI as you have LOADS of time to react to the Uair from the Uthrow but I guess even though he can't react to it yet he can still learn the Smash DI bit.

rustediron

Smash Lord
Which way does the uair turn Marth? I remember getting hit by the uair, trying to fair the next uair, then finding out I'm facing the wrong way and Marth's actually trying to bair, which is too slow.

rustediron

Smash Lord
Marth gets grabbed -> DI behind fox and try and SDI uair.
Fail SDI and Marth gets hit -> DI back the way I came and fair?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
cant you DI to the left on the first hit then DI the opposite direction for the second hit?

edit: with Fox's Uair
I think the main thing is as Mr Pro said- the upthrow. If you DI that, then you're a lot safer to begin with and even though it's tricky to get it sometimes you can just get into the habbit of having the DI already there as soon as you get grabbed. lol I know nothing about smash DI it's confusing :urg:

Retroking2000

Smash Master
I think the main thing is as Mr Pro said- the upthrow. If you DI that, then you're a lot safer to begin with and even though it's tricky to get it sometimes you can just get into the habbit of having the DI already there as soon as you get grabbed. lol I know nothing about smash DI it's confusing :urg:
with throws its regular DI which is just tilting a direction

Smash DI -the uair you smash

(as soon as fox hits me i forward smash - even tho A does nothing it just helps me smash the stick better weird ?? haha)

the control stick as fox connects the 1st hit uair

or do the m2k

which is regular DI followed by a FFs uair

can someone help to avoid getting Nair combo'd

or do the ken

which is regular DI up on the throw

so fox has to jump more

reducing his stun whilst fox is jumping higher

then going into counter

but i dont know why he did this >_>

lol

Retroking2000

Smash Master
people can tell when someone is DI usually they end the combo with the strongest attack when the see the slight change in path

+ you cant DI a combo well when your on low%

its not how smash works

so at low % expect you *** to get comboed lol

i wanted to know how to just avoid those nairs all togther

im tired of those bull**** combos rofl

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
with marth vs fox? right spacing and jumping back f airs usually, or up tilt on reaction..if you 100% know he's going to jump or you're at safe spacing you can n air into him, or through his shield

in general you dont want fox n'airing into marth or behind because if he gets that situation you've lost a stock because of shine and grabs

as soon as fox gets marth in the air game over, you can only get lucky from a counter or air move hitting usually...but fox usually trades or baits those

its also very similar for edgeguarding, marth cant do nearly anything

to win..great guessing game and spacing, patience and a strong grab + combo game

this is how i beat prof with marth, even if his fox is 10x better than my marth

marth vs fox in general I feel like marth just has to guess, where fox can punish and wait

fox is seriously the only reason why i lose in european tournaments, I don't rage about it..but you can never say "I'm good against Fox", any other char in the game including shiek you can have a strong metagame against but fox no way

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
How many people go to these? My brother is living in London and I am wondering if I should come...how many people are expected for brawl?

VA

Smash Hero
lol marth shouldn't guess it's called reading. you know the options then read the player. I don't call it guessing though.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
King i am Hyped to see ur Melee Link in action, i would have been training on melee this week with Link, but Yeniths forgot to bring me his spare melee disc, again. Man what a noob he is lolol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Make sure everyone tells me who they are at this event if you know I know you from smashboards and I will do the same if I see you. I will have my hair tied black and I am black and extremely attractive and short and will nearly always be playing with the 'PROF' tag on my name so if you see me on a melee TV with the tag say hi lol.

Can I have a reminder of all the people that wanna MM me please and any new MM's request. Remember I can play from lil to big amounts of money like 20p to £5-10 lol.
And I also will reduce my stock in MM's if you wish.

Bullet Bill in our MM can I have 1 stock or 2 when I play you to see if I can win like that lol?
I would prefer one stock though for £1?

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
Any1 was was planning on attending my smashfest on Thursday sorry but it's now canacelled. My mum did say yes but after my sister went into hospital on Saturday she was a little un sure n said will c depends on how well she is feeling. She just sent me a txt sayin I dnt think it wld b a gd idea coz of her condition sorry every =[ guess I'll hve 2 wait till Saturday 2 play u guys =]

Top Bottom